Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many could be saved?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mrbaby56

mrbaby56

Contribution Points : 61870
Forum Reputation : 0

How many could be saved? Empty
PostSubject: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 2:31 pm

I was wondering and came up with this question while watching "Zero Hour"... If medics would have been able to retrieve the soon to be dead students less than a minute after they were shot, would any of them be in condition to survive?

I know that Dave Sanders most probably could have been saved, but could someone else have survived?

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66303
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 3:35 pm

You would have to really analyze the autopsy reports. I agree Dave Sanders probably could have been saved, but most of the library victims were shot at very close or point-blank range, which would have made their injuries much more serious. I know at least a few were shot in the head as well.

I would like to see what others think about this though. I don't have a medical background and I don't think I could give an educated guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 3:46 pm

I have often wondered about that as well. But as Littlelo said some of the victims had multiple gunshot wounds. Even if the first responders were to have gotten to them almost immediately after they were shot, some still may not have made it.
Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 64242
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Anyone with some medical knowledge? I've read comments scattered across YouTube by people claiming to have the analyzed the autopsies and these are the ones I can remember: Steven Curnow would have been severely paralyzed had he survived, Corey could have been saved with immediate help and even Matthew and Isaiah albeit with fairly low chances. Mr Sanders is an obvious answer.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:43 pm

It's depends where the bullets hit too. Some of the survivors were shot more than the victims.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:45 pm

Most of the autopsy reports we have are only the summaries. Skimming over them, most wounds appear to be to the head, neck, and chest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:46 pm

The bleed out rate would be different depending on where they were shot and if any main arteries were nicked, severed, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Although it would be safe to say that the ones struck in the chest region likely would have bled out, and died the quickest. Especially if any major organs were involved, heart, lungs, etc.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:52 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Although it would be safe to say that the ones struck in the chest region likely would have bled out, and died the quickest. Especially if any major organs were involved, heart, lungs, etc.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 102844
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 3:31 pm

I think Danny Rohrbough would have had a chance. His autopsy said he bled out so if they had been able to get to him quickly, he might have made it. It also says his bleeding out was secondary to the gunshot wounds so perhaps his wounds would have been too dire regardless. Just terrible that his body (and Rachel's) was outside for so long. Not saying there was another way, just saying it's terrible.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 pm

How long was it before LE or first responders were able to get to Danny and assess his condition? I always thought they found his body pretty quickly once they arrived on the scene. Though I'm not sure what the time difference was between him being shot and paramedics arriving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many could be saved?   How many could be saved? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many could be saved?
Page 1 of 1