Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?

Go down 
+4
TheSpiral
InsaneIntruder
STK
Tommy QTR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92492
Forum Reputation : 575

Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Empty
PostSubject: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 10:11 am

I've noticed some similarities between the Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting and the Dunblane Massacre.

1. Both Shooters targeted School Children and their teachers.

2. The Shooters guns were legally purchased.

3. Both Shooters committed suicide.

4. Both Shootings made headline news for weeks.

5. Both Shooters were severally mentally ill.

Also while Hamilton was a paedophile, Adam defended Paedophilia in his posts that he made online. Considering all this and the fact that Adam had a spreadsheet about different mass shootings, I think Lanza was inspired or at least knew about Dunblane.

What do you guys think?

Also sorry if the structure of this post doesn't seem good, this is my first time writing an OP post so please forgive me.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73520
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Well, points 1-5 are pretty common among mass murderers, so it's more likely a coincidence that Hamilton and Lanza share those traits than evidence of any inspiration going on. Lanza did mention Hamilton a few times on the old board (his posts can be found here) but if I remember correctly they didn't indicate that Lanza had any interest in Hamilton that exceeded his interest in any other mass murderer. There was nothing related to the Dunblane shooting on Lanza's external hard drive either. Elementary school shootings are very rare, but it doesn't look like Lanza was inspired by Hamilton more than any of the other killers he studied.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:

I don't believe Thomas HAMILTON had any mental illness, he did it as an act of revenge because he was a banned scout leader.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86378
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 3:00 am

Ziamber II wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

I don't believe Thomas HAMILTON had any mental illness, he did it as an act of revenge because he was a banned scout leader.
I think Peter Langman said that Hamilton commit the shooting there because he thought that adults at the school were telling kids not to join his clubs.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 75414
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 7:12 am

Most of those points are very broad, and imo don't indicate any specific connection.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 7:46 am

Ah okay, I guess I was just seeing connections where there weren't any, I thought there would be some relation since Sandy Hook was called America's Dunblane by British Media.
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 59406
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 10:11 am

I think Adam probably was attracted to Hamilton's shooting as he targeted children, but as far as motives go they differ greatly. Hamilton targeted Dunblane because the teachers and children had been spreading rumours about him. He believed he had been unfairly branded as a child molester by the staff of the school and that the teachers had been telling these rumours to the students. because of these rumours he lost his job and could no longer run scout groups, leading him to attack Dunblane primary school as an act of revenge.
Adam (in my view) targeted Sandy Hook because of his hatred of society and wish to destroy the thing society cared for most, children. Very different to Hamilton's motive.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 71239
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 3:04 pm

I think most shooters match this criteria
Back to top Go down
rabadon55

rabadon55

Contribution Points : 59340
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 3:46 pm

What about Charles Carl Roberts?
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 6:29 pm

On Hamilton's ED page, there's a part of it that lists some similarities between both events:
-Both shootings started at 9:30
-Both shootings lasted less than 5 minutes
-Main targets were 1st Graders
-Both were deadliest Primary/Elementary school shootings in their countries' histories
-Both shared an interest in pedophilia
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 6:36 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
On Hamilton's ED page, there's a part of it that lists some similarities between both events:
-Both shootings started at 9:30
-Both shootings lasted less than 5 minutes
-Main targets were 1st Graders
-Both were deadliest Primary/Elementary school shootings in their countries' histories
-Both shared an interest in pedophilia
Yeah those are better points than I brought up.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73520
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 9:44 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:

I think Peter Langman said that Hamilton commit the shooting there because he thought that adults at the school were telling kids not to join his clubs.
From page 152 of Langman's School Shooters: Understanding High School, College, and Adult Perpetrators:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Why did he attack Dunblane Primary? Though he had rented space in other local schools for his boys’ clubs, he had never used this school. Hamilton was convinced, perhaps accurately, that teachers at Dunblane Primary had warned students against enrolling in his programs. He wrote in a letter, “At Dunblane Primary School where teachers have contaminated all of the older boys witht his poison even former cleaners and dinner ladies have been told by teachers at school that I am a pervert.” The same letter, however, noted that such warnings were given to students at “primary schools across the Region.” Even if teachers had warned children to avoid Hamilton, why shoot the children rather than the teachers? Hamilton left no message as to his motive. Perhaps he sought to cause the maximum suffering by killing the community’s children. Alternatively, perhaps he felt so feeble that he targeted the easiest targets he could find, like a cowardly bully who feels tough when he beats up someone half his size."

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
SaucyJimmy

SaucyJimmy

Contribution Points : 64972
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 am

-

Last edited by SaucyJimmy on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Yea i think so not solely tho ivthink he was inspired by a number of mass murders and knew the ones who killed children gained more media attention.
He wanted to die but also to be remembered.
P.s martin bryant was inspired by dunblane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 2:04 am

Smiggles94 wrote:

P.s martin bryant  was inspired by dunblane.

I think a reason Martin Bryant chose port arthur to shoot up instead of a school is because of its remote location, away from armed police.
Bryant would have probably no problem in shooting up elementary schools as he killed 2 little kids anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 5:09 pm

im back!! to answer this post he was most likely not inspired by hamilton but i always wondered due to similarities and even made my own post on this topic
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 8:57 pm

I think he was more likely inspired by Charles Carl Roberts
Also something i found interisting was charles did what he did because he was paranoid about being caught as a peadophille.
Didn’t lanza say he wa having paranoid states maybe he wa harboring a dark secret.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Smiggles94 wrote:
I think he was more likely inspired by Charles Carl Roberts
Also something i found interisting was charles did what he did because he was paranoid about being caught as a peadophille.
Didn’t lanza say he wa having paranoid states maybe he wa harboring a dark secret.
Well, I remember hearing about him having a book about Charles' shooting so it's possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Maybe both Patrick Purdy and Hamilton.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?   Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Lanza inspired by Hamilton?
Page 1 of 1