Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Missing Avatar?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nbkdoom

nbkdoom

Contribution Points : 44017
Forum Reputation : 0

Missing Avatar? Empty
PostSubject: Missing Avatar?   Missing Avatar? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Sorry if this issue has been resolved before.

I seem to not have an avatar anymore and when I go to change it, there's no option to upload a photo, just "save" or "reset". I've tried resetting it but it doesn't do anything. I tried contacting an admin in October but got no response.

I used to have a GIF avatar if that helps.

Anyone know how I can upload a new, non-GIF avatar? Help is appreciated Smile

Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 99714
Forum Reputation : 809

Missing Avatar? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Avatar?   Missing Avatar? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 2:31 pm

nbkdoom wrote:
Sorry if this issue has been resolved before.

I seem to not have an avatar anymore and when I go to change it, there's no option to upload a photo, just "save" or "reset". I've tried resetting it but it doesn't do anything. I tried contacting an admin in October but got no response.

I used to have a GIF avatar if that helps.

Anyone know how I can upload a new, non-GIF avatar? Help is appreciated Smile
Hi, GIF's are not allowed to be used as avatars. So if you had a GIF it would have been removed. As for uploading a new avatar, it has to be within a certain size or else the system will reject it. What picture is it you're trying to use as an avatar? If you post it here, I will try to get it uploaded for you.

And as for you messaging me. I don't recall ever receiving a message from you and I check my inbox several times a day. If I did somehow overlook or read it and forgot to respond, I apologize.

Anyhow, yea, send me the photo either here in the thread or you can private message it to me and I'll add it for you. And just so you know, personal photos/selfies are not allowed to be used as avatars, no suicide photo of Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris, no death photos at all and as I have already mentioned no GIF's.

nbkdoom

nbkdoom

Missing Avatar? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Avatar?   Missing Avatar? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 am

Hi Jenn,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I've PMed you with the avatar I would like to use.

Thank you for your help!

Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 99714
Forum Reputation : 809

Missing Avatar? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Avatar?   Missing Avatar? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 6:38 pm

@nbkdoom - I've added your new avatar for you and if you'd like to switch your avatar again in the future, you shouldn't have any problems now. What happened was, you ability to upload your own avatars was temporarily disabled when the GIF was removed from your profile. You're good to go now.

nbkdoom

nbkdoom

Missing Avatar? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Avatar?   Missing Avatar? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:23 am

Great, thank you so much for your help Jenn! Very Happy

gorrister

Contribution Points : 38905

Missing Avatar? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Avatar?   Missing Avatar? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 3:02 pm

I having the same issue, though my avatar wasn't a gif. Any way to fix this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Missing Avatar? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Avatar?   Missing Avatar? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 5:56 pm

gorrister wrote:
I having the same issue, though my avatar wasn't a gif. Any way to fix this?

not sure

you should pm @Jenn for help

was your old photo the suicide photo or something graphic/offensive? that might be why
Back to top Go down
gorrister

Contribution Points : 38905

Missing Avatar? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Avatar?   Missing Avatar? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 12:03 am

eldigato wrote:

was your old photo the suicide photo or something graphic/offensive? that might be why

Nope, just this pic of Varg Vikernes http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_k6ba3Y8MBDY/SBfLg6Nh6VI/AAAAAAAAAEU/oW9-4hT77cY/s320/1996.jpg I assumed it wouldn't be offensive enough to be removed

But I'll PM Jenn about it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Missing Avatar? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Avatar?   Missing Avatar? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:42 am

gorrister wrote:
eldigato wrote:

Nope, just this pic of Varg Vikernes http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_k6ba3Y8MBDY/SBfLg6Nh6VI/AAAAAAAAAEU/oW9-4hT77cY/s320/1996.jpg I assumed it wouldn't be offensive enough to be removed

But I'll PM Jenn about it!

lol thats not offensive

Back to top Go down

Missing Avatar?
Page 1 of 1