Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik

Go down 
+14
TheGoodGuy
InsaneIntruder
UncontinuedProcess
W.A.R.
JohnWillow
Aimee Lacroux
Jenn
STK
Tara
munchkinphone
QuestionMark
sscc
pess1mist
Jea
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 43307
Forum Reputation : 380

2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 8:33 am

I don't know if this has been suggested before but has there been much thought on opening a sub-forum for Anders Breivik's Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting like we have for Sandy Hook,Virginia-Tech and Las Vegas? Seeing it is the deadliest mass shooting by a single individual in modern times, only topping Stephen Paddock's body count by 9 (in terms of the actual shooting and not counting the 8 deaths from the earlier Oslo bombing and the 2 accidental deaths on Utøya).

I think there is alot of discussion that could be had about Breivik, the attacks, his politics/motivations, the aftermath, any new or interesting information about the topic in general.
Although I would be very interested in seeing a sub-board for the Norway Attacks being opened I can understand why it wouldn't be opened as it would be the odd one out compared to the other sub-boards which are all mainly American mass shootings plus a general lack of interest on the attacks themselves and there is probably no point on opening one since it has been almost 7 years since the attacks took place.

I thought to bring this up anyway, food for thought!

Last edited by UncontinuedProcess on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 11:56 am

I understand your point but in my opinion it doesn't need its own category because the attack was both a successful bombing and a successful shooting. It cannot fit under one specific title.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 pm

I see what you mean, hypothetically if a sub-board is created, probably just name it as "2011 Norway Attacks" covering both bombing and shooting, really depends if anybody is interested or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

Contribution Points : 34662
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 2:40 pm

i remember, I was in Norway when Utøya happened. The boy form our small town died there too.

View user profile
pess1mist

Contribution Points : 33915
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Honestly I feel like if any attack should get a board it's randy stair. other than las vegas, he seems to be the only mass shooter who's actually gotten a lot of attention within the tcc over the past couple of years, and there are still people discussing him to this very day months later, some people even starting their own cult over his ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:22 pm

well, it's "good" to be mass murder in Norway, cuz he will be in jail only for 25 years, and than he is free to go! And he study there, also he sue the prison he sits in (just google this prison, it's like a 3star hotel), and he WON the trial against the prison and won a compensation 40 000 dollars!!! Can you imagine!? He killed 69 people and most of them was a kids!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc

Contribution Points : 58001
Forum Reputation : 321

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:38 pm

I doubt that Breivik is ever getting out of jail. They can indefinitely extend his sentence by five years at a time once his original sentence has been served.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In regard to the OP, I would be interested in threads about Breivik. There is definitely enough information available on the case to support a subforum but the problem is that there doesn't seem to be much interest in Breivik among the forum's members. Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can post some threads related to the 2011 attack in the "Other Mass Shootings" subforum and if there is enough interest and participation, it will demonstrate that a dedicated subforum should be created.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:54 pm

He will go out! I lived in Norway 8 years, and I know this country very well. He won the trial against  the prison, he knows his rights lol. He study now and want to be a lawyer.
ps: 77 people he killed, on island he killed 69 and the 8 in Olso.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 5:08 pm

I remember there was a blog of girl who survived Utoya attack, and It was heartbreaking to read how she described all that happens there, she played dead near the body of her friend, and saw his boots when he checked who is still alive and who is really dead. He was dress as a cop, so kids was sure that he is a cop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 90063
Forum Reputation : 2923

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 11:56 pm

I don't think there's enough demand for a Breivik subforum.

View user profile
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 40164
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm interested in discussing Utøya

Far more interesting than Randy Stair imo. I can't research him without feeling uncomfortable.
The whale rape video, God, I want that permanently deleted from my mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 pm

I can help with translation of some of norwegian diaries (victim), articles and etc)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tara

Contribution Points : 40174

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 2:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Far more interesting than Randy Stair imo.  I can't research him without feeling uncomfortable.

What's whale rape video about? Stair makes comments about the topic or...? I haven't seen any of his videos, from what I've read about some of them, they were too long and boring. He is altogether a very unremarkable person to me.

OT: I'd like to read more about Utøya (testimonies of survivors) and discuss Breivik's ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Far more interesting than Randy Stair imo.  I can't research him without feeling uncomfortable.

What's whale rape video about? Stair makes comments about the topic or...? I haven't seen any of his videos, from what I've read about some of them, they were too long and boring. He is altogether a very unremarkable person to me.

OT: I'd like to read more about Utøya (testimonies of survivors) and discuss Breivik's ideas.

Lets just say in the video, the whale is not the one getting raped. He was a weird kid however I wouldn't describe him as boring.

I wouldn't suggest watching his videos though, they dont give much information and they are very weird and .. confusing. If you want to know why he did it just watch the video he did for his parents. That's the only video I have found informative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tara

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:31 pm

I can't watch him for more than a few seconds - he comes off as a whiny, narcissistic brat and really grates my nerves. Could you please sum up in a few sentences what explanation he offered to his parents in that video?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Basically he explains that he had a really shitty year 2013 and some guy at his school died and he got into thinking about death and columbine and that ghost squad shit and basically you also get to know he hates his dad for pressuring him to get a job all the time (even when he had one) and for not being personal with him. It made him feel like his Dad never cared to recognize him for who he was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tara

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Thank you. Only a Millennial would shoot people because his dad wouldn't acknowledge his unique personality. Is there any specific reason he targeted his coworkers - were the murders personal or were these poor people killed only because they happened to be in the same place with him when he snapped?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:54 pm

He planned to kill whoever was in the supermarket for no other reason than him having a fascination with the idea of it and he wanted to be with his ghost squad. Possibly also because of gender dysphoria which made him feel like he did not belong in his body.

The thing about his dad is never mentioned as a reason but you can tell he has deep hatred towards him. He basically tells him to go die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Wat.

View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 4:15 pm

The day before massacre. Many of them gonna die next day.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 4:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This island was a perfect location to mass shooting: no place to run, and police cant reach it, cuz in the most rich country police didn't have a boat and helicopter.

View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Breivik was against multicultural Norway, but most of the killed people and children was Norwegians.

View user profile
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 49044
Forum Reputation : 228

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Thank you. Only a Millennial would shoot people because his dad wouldn't acknowledge his unique personality. Is there any specific reason he targeted his coworkers - were the murders personal or were these poor people killed only because they happened to be in the same place with him when he snapped?
I vaguely remember him having grudge against his supervisor, and expressing a hatred for one of his female coworkers in his journal, so the killings were probably personal. If they weren't, he would probably have committed his attack at a school in order to be more like Eric/Dylan, sorta like Aaron Ybarra.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 49044
Forum Reputation : 228

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 4:29 pm

I dislike it when people refer to Brevik's victims as "children". It may be true on a technical level, but there's a huge difference between killing a 6 year old and killing a 16 year old.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 4:35 pm

for me teenagers are children, and the boy from our commune (Aleksander Aas Eriksen) was 16 years, im 30, so yeah, for me they are children. But I know that Breivek didn't kill a couple 10-12 years children.

View user profile
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 93818
Forum Reputation : 774

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Basically he explains that he had a really shitty year 2013 and some guy at his school died and he got into thinking about death and columbine and that ghost squad shit and basically you also get to know he hates his dad for pressuring him to get a job all the time (even when he had one) and for not being personal with him. It made him feel like his Dad never cared to recognize him for who he was.
His Dad is the type of guy who is over 50 and whose Facebook wallpaper is a shirtless photo of himself.

I had posted stuff about Randy on Facebook before and his Aunt (his Dad's sister) sent me these borderline abusive messages telling me how I was the one hurting their family by posting information about Randy and that I was a useless dickhead for not taking the photos down. Alright. I am the one hurting them even though Randy murdered people and committed suicide.

These are the type of people he was related to. Can you blame Randy for hating his Dad?

Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux

Contribution Points : 34171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 6:03 am

I have lived in Norway and i doubt he will ever be released. Their are people who will never want to see him get out and he isnt allowed access to the net etc . I can also help with translating as i am fluent if anyone needs this.

munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 am

His Dad is the type of guy who is over 50 and whose Facebook wallpaper is a shirtless photo of himself.

I had posted stuff about Randy on Facebook before and his Aunt (his Dad's sister) sent me these borderline abusive messages telling me how I was the one hurting their family by posting information about Randy and that I was a useless dickhead for not taking the photos down. Alright. I am the one hurting them even though Randy murdered people and committed suicide.

These are the type of people he was related to. Can you blame Randy for hating his Dad?

No, I cant. Hearing about that story when he and his Dad went out and his Dad yelled at him in front of a lot of people was the first thing that made me feel any kind of empahty with Randys mental state.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 pm

This island was a perfect location to mass shooting: no place to run, and police cant reach it, cuz in the most rich country police didn't have a boat and helicopter.
I wrote a post a while ago detailing that and how everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for the police.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 4:07 pm

I wrote a post a while ago detailing that and how everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for the police.
thx, gonna read it. Well, actually I'm pretty sure that if some day something like that gonna happen again, norske politi will fail again, and there is a several reason why it so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pess1mist

Contribution Points : 33915
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 10:17 pm

You have to keep in mind that his family is still in the grieving process right now. They still aren't ready to accept that their little boy killed 3 people and then himself. For a parent the suicide of a child is already difficult enough, so I can only imagine what it must feel like to have your child whom you raised and tried your best to give a good life ALSO being a murderer. That being said, I don't think that there's anything wrong with what you posted and I don't think that their abusive messages towards you were right either. All I'm saying is try seeing it from their perspective and cut them a little slack. This probably isn't an easy thing for any of them, I imagine it's the same as Sue Klebold seeing Dylan's suicide pic every time she goes on the internet. If anything, the fact that his family was willing to stand up for him even after what he did I think shows that they cared about him a lot more than Randy makes it seem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 5:29 am

Sue would only see the suicide picture of her son if she specifically searched it. I doubt she would. She's already built her own little fallacy where Dylan was lead astray by Eric despite Dylan originally thinking of the plan.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 62186
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 11:15 am

I think there should be a subforum for it. After all, it is the deadliest lone wolf shooting right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 1:15 pm

probably he have nice shooting skills, as he killed so many.
Post of girl who survived that day. Can translate it, if someone interested.

View user profile
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 6:23 pm

Translate it if you can, would very interested to read it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 2:12 pm

okey, gonna do it after will finish my work.
His behavior during the shooting was quite interesting.

Last edited by Jea on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 2:24 pm

okey, gonna do it after will finish my work.
His behave during the shooting was quite interesting.
Thank you for offering to translate. Smile

I remember reading an alleged witness account on Reddit several years ago. I couldn't find that (I believe it was a male and it was also unverified so who knows if it was true) but while searching for it, I found this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 2:39 pm

I remember reading an alleged witness account on Reddit several years ago. I couldn't find that (I believe it was a male and it was also unverified so who knows if it was true) but while searching for it, I found this.
Tnx, gonna read it!
Breivik was absolutely prepared. His every step was thought out, after he shot most of kids, he walked around the bodies and shot them again, mostly in the head, to be sure they are really dead.

Last edited by Jea on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 3:42 pm

A pretty good website detailing the exact movements of Breivk and where exactly he killed his victims and how many was killed in the given locations. Also contains images of his complete fake police uniform that day. The website also reveals that he had possession of a shotgun that wasn't used in the attacks at all, never knew about this.

Also heard a rumor that Breivk was apparently "high on drugs" during the massacre and was listening to music while shooting at people (James Holmes style), is there any verification on these claims?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 3:57 pm

A pretty good website detailing the exact movements of Breivk and where exactly he killed his victims and how many was killed in the given locations. Also contains images of his complete fake police uniform that day.  The website also reveals that he had possession of a shotgun that wasn't used in the attacks at all, never knew about this.

Also heard a rumor that Breivk was apparently "high on drugs" during the massacre and was listening to music while shooting at people (James Holmes style), is there any verification on these claims?  

I manifestet skrev Breivik at han ville lytte til en versjon av sangen «Lux Æterna» under terrorangrepene. Sangen er blant annet brukt i filmen «Requiem for a Dream» og i traileren i filmen «Ringenes Herre: To tårn».

translate: in manifesto he wrote at he gonna listen one of the version of «Lux Æterna» during massacre (actually Norway represent this event as "terrorist attack"). This song was in «Requiem for a Dream» movie and in trailer of Lord of the Ring: Two tower (eee, really?)

But one of his attorney declares that Breivik didn't listen any music that day during massacre.

Last edited by Jea on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 3:59 pm

late photo.
wow, he looks better that in 2011.

View user profile
sscc

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 4:22 pm

He wrote about music in his manifesto several times as he believed music was important to his training, as part of creating a motivational "ritual."
Becoming and maintaining the position as a self sufficient Justiciar Knight sleeper cell involves the capability to motivate/indoctrinate yourself over a prolonged period of time. Self-financed and selfindoctrinated single individual attack cells, is the backbone of the Knights Templar Europe. The importance of the ability for single cell commanders to be able to keep their spirits and morale up through self-indoctrination and motivation by using specific motivational techniques has been stressed on multiple occasions. I have previously stated that taking long walks/work out while listening to select music is a very efficient way of sustaining your needs in this regard. 3-5, 40-90 min walks/workouts per week has sustained my high morale, confidence and motivation for several years. When you combine this “ritual” with reading the occasional resistance blog you gain all the motivation you will ever need. Repeat these routines on a weekly basis and you will sustain your motivation and moral for as long as is needed. Keep in mind that from the initial planning of your operation to the actual effectuation of it, the time passed can exceed 2 years. The key to stay focused and motivated without taking the unacceptable risk of communicating with other revolutionary conservatives, is to employ successful motivational techniques on your own. I will now show you several music tracks you should acquire as soon as possible which are ideal for the purpose of maintaining a high level of motivation and confidence:

He went on to list several musicians and songs, including the one referred to by Jea, which was mentioned in several articles.
Lux Aeterna by the English composer and musician Clint Mansell
Comment: I love this work. Lux Aeterna means “eternal light” and it really is an appropriate title. I’ve listened to this track several hundred times and I never seem to get tired of it. The track is very inspiring and invokes a type of passionate rage within you. In Lord of the Rings – a good version of this track (Requiem for a Tower version which I think is the best) is performed during the most intense fighting of one of the central battles. Since it has worked for me, it is likely that it will work for you. An invigorating piece of art.

According to the book One of Us, when Breivik was apprehended, he did have his Ipod. I don't know if he listened to music while he was killing but it's possible.
Then he turned and went towards the policemen, keeping both hands at his sides. He had earplugs in his ears, with a lead that went inside his vest and down his body.
‘Lie down!’ shouted one.
‘Down on your knees!’
Several men were pointing their guns at him, with their fingers on the trigger.
‘If you come any closer, we’ll shoot!’
The Delta officers had noticed his bulging vest. Could it be a bomb belt? The leads of his iPod were hanging out. Would he finish them all? The men were preparing to shoot him.
‘It’s not a bomb belt! It’s an equipment belt with ammunition!’ shouted a Delta man from the flank.
‘Lie down,’ shouted one.
‘On your knees!’ roared another.
‘Make up your minds, kneeling or lying?’ responded Breivik.
‘Down!’
He flopped down, first onto his knees and then his stomach.

Yes, Breivik was taking drugs during his preparation and on the day of the massacre. He took steroids and a combination of ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin.
On Day 28 of the trial, Prof Moerland, from the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, said medical records showed that on the night after his arrest, he appeared "lightly drugged" and "there were traces of ephedrine".

The professor asked Breivik if he had used an ECA-stack type combination of drugs on the day of the attacks.

"Yes, that's correct," the defendant replied. "I had made it myself with the help of three ingredients and the dosage was about 50% stronger than commercial products."

"You can say that he was lightly to moderately drugged by a centrally stimulating substance - a combination of ephedrine and caffeine," the expert told the court. Breivik said he had tried out different doses of anabolic steroids and ECA before the attacks "to make sure my body could handle it".

Asked if anabolic steroids, used to build up muscle, could have also been a factor in the attacks, Prof Moerland said: "As I see it, the steroids had no supplementary effect but I cannot rule out the possibility that this may have contributed to aggressiveness and agitation."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 4:55 pm

I'm very surprised he managed to do what he did on July 22 under that amount of drugs he was under. I always imagined taking drugs like those would very risky while trying to execute a major terrorist attack he was aiming for especially with taking dosages over than most legal and commercial products, no wonder people say he was the most well prepared mass murderer with the amount of training and planning he underwent and on the very day itself to successfully carry out his plan while under influence of a strong dosage of drugs. I don't the exact side effects of these drugs or if they even can impair people at all but I always thought it would be a risk factor in foiling the whole plan up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 5:53 pm

As I know the combination of the ephedrine-coffeine-aspirin is using for weight loss and muscle building, because of thermogenesis effect. Some of bodybuilders still using it. So he wasn't "high on drugs", he just tried to be a bit Schwarzenegger. )

Last edited by Jea on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 1:43 am

I'm very surprised he managed to do what he did on July 22 under that amount of drugs he was under. I always imagined taking drugs like those would very risky while trying to execute a major terrorist attack he was aiming for especially with taking dosages over than most legal and commercial products, no wonder people say he was the most well prepared mass murderer with the amount of training and planning he underwent and on the very day itself to successfully carry out his plan while under influence of a strong dosage of drugs. I don't the exact side effects of these drugs or if they even can impair people at all but I always thought it would be a risk factor in foiling the whole plan up.    

Seems to me his drugs weren't like coke or meth. It was stimulants like steroids. 

It's not that unusual really. Back in WWII Soldiers would be given certain kinds of drugs in order to increase combat performance.

View user profile
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 62186
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:43 am

and was listening to music while shooting at people (James Holmes style)
What music did James listen to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 10:16 am

What music did James listen to?
Don't know what exactly but it was apparently some techno music.

It's not that unusual really. Back in WWII Soldiers would be given certain kinds of drugs in order to increase combat performance.

It may not be unusual for soldiers but for most mass shooters, it's something not really head of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:46 pm

It may not be unusual for soldiers but for most mass shooters, it's something not really head of.

Well Breivik considered himself to be a soldier of sorts, so perhaps he took inspiration from historical drug usage in combat.

View user profile
Tara

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Ivan wrote:
Sue would only see the suicide picture of her son if she specifically searched it. I doubt she would. She's already built her own little fallacy where Dylan was lead astray by Eric despite Dylan originally thinking of the plan.

Yeah, Dylan had "brain illness" and was under influence of an evil psycho, according to Sue. I think she's going out of her way to prove that what Dylan did wasn't her fault. I'm not saying that it was her fault, but nevertheless, Wayne and Kathy Harris's behavior was more dignified IMO. If my kid did something like that, I'd probably want to move away from the spotlight too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tara

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Seems to me his drugs weren't like coke or meth. It was stimulants like steroids. 

It's safe to presume that it's unusual if soldiers aren't given performance enhancing substances. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: All Other Crimes-
Jump to: