Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 149159
Forum Reputation : 2629

Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas? Empty
PostSubject: Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas?   Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 8:36 am

It occurs to me that the name "Marjory Stoneman Douglas" has been all over the news lately, but most folks haven't the foggiest idea of who she is. (Or was, that is. She died in 1998.)

Marjory Stoneman Douglas was the Mother of the Everglades:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Everglades is a vast freshwater "river of grass" in the southern part of Florida. It is often thought of as being a swamp, but it's not - the water is moving, albeit slowly:

(Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School is in Parkland, in the northwestern part of Broward County. It is not too terribly far from the eastern fringe of the Everglades.)

The best way to see the Everglades is on an airboat:

While we're on the subject, a columbine is a flower. It is the state flower of Colorado:

PostSubject: Re: Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas?   Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Did anybody born before 1998 die in this tragedy? I think not although I may be wrong; I am aware a couple of teachers perished.

I haven't researched this case at all yet.
Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 64242
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas?   Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 6:07 pm

Well, the 3 faculty members were most certainly born before 1998. As for the students, they were all born in the 21st century. As for the research, it happened like a month or so ago, there is still an investigation but even so ''the what'' is easy to follow even now but details about ''why'' and ''how'' will be revealed as the investigation and trial unfurl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas?   Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas?
Page 1 of 1