Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nineteen years of Columbine

Go down 
+29
evelynssye
katherinex
ChaotixBoy
Draw_It_White
Jenn
Foxofgrey
Tommy QTR
Jea
Oldmare
MysteryMan
Heyheyhey
sscc
haydenschool
VoDKaComeHere
boringguy
23september
Fatheroftwo
Lizpuff
W.A.R.
Kiwik
Lunkhead McGrath
Ainjel
macks_ant86
QuestionMark
04daviszoe
Juicy Jazzy
Screamingophelia
LPorter101
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 am

W.A.R. wrote:
I really think them holding back the tapes actually did more damage. It allowed mystique around them when its probably a cringefest.

Totally agree. Yet I STILL want to see them in all their cringy glory. Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
LOL, I forgot about that part of the transcript.

If the real leak is any indication it's pretty much them acting like dorks, complaining and mocking their classmates and Dylan pointing a gun at Eric's head on accident showing his remarkable gun safety skills.

Honestly as much as I hate to admit it, the scene in I'm Not Ashamed with the boys pretending to shoot their guns in Eric's basement going "bang, bang" is probably not that far off....

Eric smooching on Arlene, and that damn candy house bit! LOL
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 9:02 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
LOL, I forgot about that part of the transcript.

If the real leak is any indication it's pretty much them acting like dorks, complaining and mocking their classmates and Dylan pointing a gun at Eric's head on accident showing his remarkable gun safety skills.

Honestly as much as I hate to admit it, the scene in I'm Not Ashamed with the boys pretending to shoot their guns in Eric's basement going "bang, bang" is probably not that far off....

Eric smooching on Arlene, and that damn candy house bit! LOL

I want to see it ALL!

lol!

Compromise, just release a BT sizzle reel, only highlights from the tapes.

I doubt now it will be shocking. I think Sue not wanting them released just has to do with loving Dylan and wanting to protect him and also probably the whole family too, she wanted a different image of Dylan out there. . It was years later before they released his autopsy because she was fighting that too.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 12:44 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
I really think them holding back the tapes actually did more damage. It allowed mystique around them when its probably a cringefest.

I really don't think it mattered that much. Release TBT or not there was always gonna be a mystique around Eric and Dylan. It's due to the high profile nature of the crime.

Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 82538
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 6:52 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

I really don't think it mattered that much. Release TBT or not there was always gonna be a mystique around Eric and Dylan. It's due to the high profile nature of the crime.

totally agree, enough circumstances already secured E/D's "fame"... "Copycat" concerns were just smoke screens for other agendas.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 7:58 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

totally agree, enough circumstances already secured E/D's "fame"... Ā "Copycat" concerns were just smoke screens for other agendas. Ā 

What other agendas?

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

totally agree, enough circumstances already secured E/D's "fame"... Ā "Copycat" concerns were just smoke screens for other agendas. Ā 

What other agendas?

IDK if this is what FO2 meant but it is thought that the BT were also botched by Jeffco in some way. That perhaps Eric and Dylan mentioned something that didn't look good on Jeffco or that maybe they said something else that was trying to be hidden. So they used the copycat reasoning to try to get out of showing the tapes when really there was something underlying that they didn't want to mention

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 7:48 am

Lizpuff wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

What other agendas?

IDK if this is what FO2 meant but it is thought that the BT were also botched by Jeffco in some way. Ā That perhaps Eric and Dylan mentioned something that didn't look good on Jeffco or that maybe they said something else that was trying to be hidden. Ā  So they used the copycat reasoning to try to get out of showing the tapes when really there was something underlying that they didn't want to mention

This is why I am skeptical of the released BT transcripts. Jeffco proved they weren't above lying their asses off to save face, so anything they said/say is always shaded in doubt.

Whether they lied about anything else or not, they did bring the public's mistrust on themselves.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 7:53 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

What other agendas?

IDK if this is what FO2 meant but it is thought that the BT were also botched by Jeffco in some way. Ā That perhaps Eric and Dylan mentioned something that didn't look good on Jeffco or that maybe they said something else that was trying to be hidden. Ā  So they used the copycat reasoning to try to get out of showing the tapes when really there was something underlying that they didn't want to mention

This is why I am skeptical of the released BT transcripts. Jeffco proved they weren't above lying their asses off to save face, so anything they said/say is always shaded in doubt.

Whether they lied about anything else or not, they did bring the public's mistrust on themselves.

And the stigma has lasted to today and beyond. I don't know of any other force quite so famous as them

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 7:54 am

Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

What other agendas?

And the stigma has lasted to today and beyond. Ā I don't know of any other force quite so famous as them

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 8:05 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

What other agendas?

And the stigma has lasted to today and beyond. Ā I don't know of any other force quite so famous as them

Agreed!

Also the videos that were released and the things that were released just add to both the mystique and also the relatability in someways. Makes them look like less of these criminal masterminds (snort) and more like regular kids.

I donā€™t believe this but Iā€™m just Going to Ā throw it out there for conspiracy theory sake, what if something did happen to the boys that night of the van incident and they mentioned it and thatā€™s a reason they were not released. Iā€™m not talking about rape or assault of course, but something else Jeffco wants to cover up.

I feel like there would be more evidence to that though. So Iā€™m at a Ā bit of a loss

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 8:14 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

What other agendas?

Agreed!

Also the videos that were released and the things that were released just add to both the mystique and also the relatability in someways. Makes them look like less of these criminal masterminds (snort) and more like regular kids.

I donā€™t believe this but Iā€™m just Going to Ā throw it out there for conspiracy theory sake, what if something did happen to the boys that night of the van incident and they mentioned it and thatā€™s a reason they were not released. Iā€™m not talking about full-blown rape Ā but maybe there was brutality or something like that?

I feel like there would be more evidence to that though. So Iā€™m at a Ā bit of a loss

Yea I dont believe rape but maybe? The what ifs on what they hid is endless so pretty much anything is possible.

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 4:36 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
This is why I am skeptical of the released BT transcripts.

I thought the victim's families said they were accurate? IDK.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147950
Forum Reputation : 2502

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 5:02 pm

On this day in 1999 - a Saturday - Eric, Dylan, and 13 others had only one month to live.

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 8:06 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
On this day in 1999 - a Saturday - Eric, Dylan, and 13 others had only one month to live.

eric and 14 others according to cullen
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 6:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Eric Harris thought about war, fantasized about war and wrote about war. He was thrilled when he heard, one morning in philosophy class, that the United States was on the verge of bombing Yugoslavia. Rebecca Heins, who sat next to him, remembers Harris saying, "I hope we do go to war, I'll be the first one there." He wanted to be in the front lines, he said. He wanted, as he put it, to "shoot everyone," Heins recalls.

Harris said that morning that he hoped he would get drafted. But then he took direct action to improve his chances of becoming a real warrior: He tried to enlist in the Marines. He seemed a good candidate, physically trim and extremely smart. But he was not destined to storm a beach or parachute behind enemy lines in the uniform of his nation.

NATO forces began bombing Yugoslavia on Wednesday, March 24, 1999. So that would have been nineteen years ago this Saturday.

Contribution Points : 75411
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: yugo   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 5:52 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

Quote :
Eric Harris thought about war, fantasized about war and wrote about war. He was thrilled when he heard, one morning in philosophy class, that the United States was on the verge of bombing Yugoslavia. Rebecca Heins, who sat next to him, remembers Harris saying, "I hope we do go to war, I'll be the first one there." He wanted to be in the front lines, he said. He wanted, as he put it, to "shoot everyone," Heins recalls.

Harris said that morning that he hoped he would get drafted. But then he took direct action to improve his chances of becoming a real warrior: He tried to enlist in the Marines. He seemed a good candidate, physically trim and extremely smart. But he was not destined to storm a beach or parachute behind enemy lines in the uniform of his nation.

NATO forces began bombing Yugoslavia on Wednesday, March 24, 1999. So that would have been nineteen years ago this Saturday.

What, Eric's chest cavity wouldn't have stopped him from getting into the Marines?

Ahhh, the Serbs. The world's Big Hated Guys before Osama bin Laden showed up. Ask any kid E&D's age nowadays if they even know what that was all about, you'd be less likely to get a "yes" than if you asked E&D themselves what the Falklands War was.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Quote :
What, Eric's chest cavity wouldn't have stopped him from getting into the Marines?

Ahhh, the Serbs. Ā The world's Big Hated Guys before Osama bin Laden showed up. Ā Ask any kid E&D's age nowadays if they even know what that was all about, you'd be less likely to get a "yes" than if you asked E&D themselves what the Falklands War was. Ā 

Ironically, many members of the Kosovo Liberation Army - the group the Serbs were fighting, the group whose asses *we* saved - went on to fight for al-Qaeda and ISIS. (The same thing happened in Afghanistan - in the '80s, we gave money and arms to Muslim fighters so they could fight the Soviets. Years later, those same fighters ended up killing our troops.)

Ironic that the same news networks that covered NATO's war against the Serbs:

...would soon be covering Eric and Dylan's revolution of the dispossessed:

In the '90s, there were three big (and bad) events that happened on April 19 or 20: Waco in '93, Oklahoma City in '95, and Columbine in '99.

This guy ended up narrating all three of them:

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 7:52 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

Ahhh, the Serbs. Ā The world's Big Hated Guys before Osama bin Laden showed up. Ā Ask any kid E&D's age nowadays if they even know what that was all about, you'd be less likely to get a "yes" than if you asked E&D themselves what the Falklands War was. Ā 

Ironically, many members of the Kosovo Liberation Army - the group the Serbs were fighting, the group whose asses *we* saved - went on to fight for al-Qaeda and ISIS. (The same thing happened in Afghanistan - in the '80s, we gave money and arms to Muslim fighters so they could fight the Soviets. Years later, those same fighters ended up killing our troops.)

...would soon be covering Eric and Dylan's revolution of the dispossessed:

In the '90s, there were three big (and bad) events that happened on April 19 or 20: Waco in '93, Oklahoma City in '95, and Columbine in '99.

This guy ended up narrating all three of them:

the atf is a joke. GAIZ LETS BURN ALL DA CHILDRUNZ
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Nineteen years ago today, Dylan and his folks were at the University of Arizona. The Klebolds drove down on March 25 and spent four days there.

In 1999, March 25 was a Thursday, so it looks like they spent the whole weekend there.

Contribution Points : 75411
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: steppin out    Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 7:54 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

No big shock. Big guv, questionable allies that turn bad, big media, big disasters. The legacy of the 80s through now. Ronnie Lives Forever. Wonder what E&D thought of Ronnie Reagan. Oh, who cares--they were 90s kids, 90s kids had no idea of most of what happened in the 80s.

I watched that seminal first season of "24" recently and laughed at Dennis Hopper turning up as a Serbian villain. I thought, yeahhhh, this was right before 9/11...(it was filmed in 2000-01)

I know a guy whose dream is to be a NAVY SEAL and he's scrawny as hell. And eats McDonalds all the time. Dude you're not gonna be a SEAL...

Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 65565
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 1:36 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Nineteen years ago today, Dylan and his folks were at the University of Arizona. The Klebolds drove down on March 25 and spent four days there.

In 1999, March 25 was a Thursday, so it looks like they spent the whole weekend there.

Love these, gives perspective
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 3:42 am

In 1999, the first Friday in April was Good Friday - April 2.

On that night, Eric Harris wrote the last entry in his journal:

Quote :
Months have passed. Its the first Friday night in the final month. much shit has happened. Vodka has a Tec 9, we test fired all of our babies, we have 6 time clocks ready, 39 crickets, 24 pipe bombs, and the napalm is under construction. Right now I'm trying to get fucked and trying to finish off these time bombs. NBK came quick. why the fuck cant I get any? I mean, I'm nice and considerate and all that shit, but nooooo. I think I try to hard. but I kinda need to considering NBK is closing in. The amount of dramatic irony and foreshadowing is fucking amazing. Everything I see and I hear I incorporate into NBK somehow. Either bombs, clocks, guns, napalm, killing people, any and everything finds some tie to it. feels like a Goddamn movie sometimes. I wanna try to put some mines and trip bombs around this town too maybe. Get a few extra flags on the scoreboard. I hate you people for leaving me out of so many fun things. And no don't fucking say, "well thats your fault" because it isnt, you people had my phone #, and I asked and all, but no. no no no dont let the weird looking Eric KID come along, ohh fucking nooo. - 4/3/99

(Would a swaggering, Ć¼ber-confident ladies' man write something like that as his final statement to the world?)

Eric wrote "4/3/99" ... either he got the date wrong, or he made the entry after midnight.

Eric, Dylan, and 13 others had about two-and-a-half more weeks to live.

Also on April 2:

Quote :
Staff Sergeant Gonzales stated that he orginally contacted Harris by telephone on 4-2-99 at Harris' home telephone. Harris told Gonzales that he was planning to attend college but was interested in the Marine Corp. Gonzales asked Harris what his interests included during his intitial interview. Harris told him that he was interested in computers, soccer, and weapons. Harris said that he got A's and B's in school and that he worked at the Black Jack Pizza near the Cooper 7 theatres near S Wadsworth and Bowles Ave. Harris also told Gonzales during this initial interview that he had never done any drugs.

Gonzales set up an appointment for Harris to come into the Littleton office for futher interview and testing on 4-599 at 1300 hrs.

That appointment, made by telephone on a Friday afternoon, would have been for the following Monday.

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 9:36 am

Really unsettling reading their confessional transcripts regards the basement tapes...sure we all joke. But they really, REALLY wanted to kill. Thank goodness I am not "crazed" gun nut hell bent on Murder. Life is too good-Sorry. I do not miss them or feel sorry for them. It was asked what sentence did they deserve if they lived-Death. They seemed intelligent enough to figure stuff out. School doesn't last forever. Talk about blind hate. Imagine if they actually made the main bombs to work. How many more people would have died.

Apart from all the victims-passed and alive, still injured. I am sorry for Sue...she seems like an awesome lady and a caring Mom. You can see how she agonizes about Dylan and how she really loved him. Split their marriage. Likely still villainised. This morbid cloud hanging over you. Selfish...really. Yeah yeah, they wanted to teach the World a Lesson. Yes Bullying. Cruz I hope gets his comeuppance as well. Not everyone who has had a bad life needs to become a scumbag-Les Brown and Eric Thomas prime examples.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 11:56 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Eric, Dylan, and 13 others had about two-and-a-half more weeks to live.

This reminds me of something I think Eric said in TBT, something along the lines of "It's a weird feeling knowing you're going to be dead in two weeks".

04daviszoe
Banned

Contribution Points : 78420
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 4:26 am

LPorter101 wrote:
In 1999, the first Friday in April was Good Friday - April 2.

On that night, Eric Harris wrote the last entry in his journal:

Quote :
Months have passed. Its the first Friday night in the final month. much shit has happened. Vodka has a Tec 9, we test fired all of our babies, we have 6 time clocks ready, 39 crickets, 24 pipe bombs, and the napalm is under construction. Right now I'm trying to get fucked and trying to finish off these time bombs. NBK came quick. why the fuck cant I get any? I mean, I'm nice and considerate and all that shit, but nooooo. I think I try to hard. but I kinda need to considering NBK is closing in. The amount of dramatic irony and foreshadowing is fucking amazing. Everything I see and I hear I incorporate into NBK somehow. Either bombs, clocks, guns, napalm, killing people, any and everything finds some tie to it. feels like a Goddamn movie sometimes. I wanna try to put some mines and trip bombs around this town too maybe. Get a few extra flags on the scoreboard. I hate you people for leaving me out of so many fun things. And no don't fucking say, "well thats your fault" because it isnt, you people had my phone #, and I asked and all, but no. no no no dont let the weird looking Eric KID come along, ohh fucking nooo. - 4/3/99

(Would a swaggering, Ć¼ber-confident ladies' man write something like that as his final statement to the world?)

Eric wrote "4/3/99" ... either he got the date wrong, or he made the entry after midnight.

I never noticed that before. Damn Eric, stop trying to confuse us...
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 3:22 am

On Monday, April 5, 1999, Eric Harris met with the Marine recruiter:

Quote :
Gonzales set up an appointment for Harris to come into the Littleton office for futher interview and testing on 4-599 at 1300 hrs. Gonzales said that Harris did keep this appointment and showed up driving a Toyota or Nissan with a "Rammstein" sticker on the rear window. Harris was dresssed in black combat boots, black trousers and a black t shirt with the word, "Rammstein" on the front. Gonzales recognized this as a German rock group. Harris took the initial screening test given to all recruits and scored a 46. According to Gonzales this is an average score. During an interview following the test to determine his areas of interest, Harris was given several tags which were labeled with different attributes. Harris chose three tags which were labeled physical fitness, leadership and self reliance, and sefl discipline and self direction. Harris indicated that he was interested in the infantry and was particularly interested in the types of weapons, training and use of demolitions. At the conclusion of the interview, Harris wanted to think about enlisting and wanted to talk to his parents about the decision.

On this date, he had two weeks and one day to live.

boringguy

Contribution Points : 81960
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 7:57 am

LPorter101 wrote:
On Monday, April 5, 1999, Eric Harris met with the Marine recruiter:

Quote :
Gonzales set up an appointment for Harris to come into the Littleton office for futher interview and testing on 4-599 at 1300 hrs. Gonzales said that Harris did keep this appointment and showed up driving a Toyota or Nissan with a "Rammstein" sticker on the rear window. Harris was dresssed in black combat boots, black trousers and a black t shirt with the word, "Rammstein" on the front. Gonzales recognized this as a German rock group. Harris took the initial screening test given to all recruits and scored a 46. According to Gonzales this is an average score. During an interview following the test to determine his areas of interest, Harris was given several tags which were labeled with different attributes. Harris chose three tags which were labeled physical fitness, leadership and self reliance, and sefl discipline and self direction. Harris indicated that he was interested in the infantry and was particularly interested in the types of weapons, training and use of demolitions. At the conclusion of the interview, Harris wanted to think about enlisting and wanted to talk to his parents about the decision.

On this date, he had two weeks and one day to live.

Interesting. I knew he met with the recruiter, but I didn't know it was this soon before the shooting. Also Dylan's college visit in March. It seems like in the weeks before their deaths they were both sort of fantasizing about the adulthood they knew they wouldn't get to experience. I get why they played it vanilla and stuck with their usual routine-there was nothing worth the risk of getting caught and ruining their "Destiny". If I knew I was going to die in a few weeks, I would be doing as much crazy shit as I could get away with just for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 4:11 pm

On Tuesday, April 6, 1999, did Eric and Dylan buy some propane tanks at Albertson's? Maybe.

Quote :
h) Albertson's video of 4-6-99 where two young men were noticed purchasing a large number of propane tanks. No video available.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 11:17 pm

On the morning of Monday, April 12, 1999, Wayne Harris flew to Duluth:

Quote :
CN 3493 Yahoo Maps & "Mon 0630" Wayne Harris' flight from Centennial Airport to Duluth on 4-12-99 @ 6:30 am

Eric, Dylan, and 13 others had little more than a week to live.

Contribution Points : 78681

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 10:10 am

Thanks for doing this, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! It gives some great perspective.

Do you have a document of the dates or something for this?
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 1:37 pm

1891 wrote:
Thanks for doing this, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! It gives some great perspective.

You're more than welcome. Very Happy

Quote :
Do you have a document of the dates or something for this?

No, not really. Every day I type things like "4 12 99 columbine" into Google to see what comes up.

By the way, I didn't forget Eric's birthday, but I was really busy on Monday and didn't get around to updating the thread. I knew that others would take note of it.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Here's an interesting little tidbit for tomorrow's date:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 2:26 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

i wonder if the kids were eric and dylan or t-coat mafia members if any were left.

why are they even associated with the t-coat mafia. dusters are actually pretty cool, i'd wear a black one but i don't want to look like a school shooter or get my school all butthurt. really ruined a cool dressing style.

edit: i honestly think eric and dylan said they were t-coat mafia members to make it seem like they were wearing dusters for that so nobody would be suspicious on the day of the shooting

also i once got in trouble for wearing a pocketless tan duster:roll: yes i'll hide my assault 1 shot pellet gun and my airsoft spring pistol i'm sure that will do a lot of damage and destruction yes

ugh people are so paranoid about you being a shooter these days.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 2:38 pm

eldigato wrote:
why are they even associated with the t-coat mafia.

Well I take it there weren't that many other people at Columbine who wore trench coats to school. Plus, wasn't Chris Morris associated with the Trenchcoat Mafia? Most people probably associated them with it for those reasons alone.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 2:58 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
eldigato wrote:
why are they even associated with the t-coat mafia.

Well I take it there weren't that many other people at Columbine who wore trench coats to school. Plus, wasn't Chris Morris associated with the Trenchcoat Mafia? Most people probably associated them with it for those reasons alone.

Robyn referred to E&D in her ā€œOde to the Trench Coat Mafiaā€ since it wasnā€™t an ā€œofficial groupā€ I donā€™t know that anyone belonged to it...

Eric in his Hitmen for Hire paper referred to his business as the Trench Coat Mafia.

I think Kristin Theibault and Marla Faust were members and Dylan asked Marla to the prom and went On a date with Kristin...

Theyā€™d be more of the ā€œalternative kidsā€ in a school like mine back then. I always found trench coats chic.

Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 59415
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Just wondering, why do you do it on march 1st, why not April 20th?
Back to top Go down
haydenschool

Contribution Points : 63648

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 10:09 pm

Today, April 16th would've been a Friday in 1999. This will be the final weekend 13 victims and E&H will ever experience and the final 2 full days they're with their families.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Tomorrow April 17 and that was the night of the CHS Prom "A Night To Remember" I think was the theme.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

Were they saying the people were in an "altercation" like if it was E and D they were fighting?
Back to top Go down
haydenschool

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 11:38 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Tomorrow April 17 and that was the night of the CHS Prom "A Night To Remember" I think was the theme.

And to think that 2-3 days ago was the anniversary of the Titanic sinking. I mention this because 1. it sank in April, and 2. "A night to Remember" is the name of a book/film that got the ship some fame before the 97' film
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 pm

haydenschool wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

And to think that 2-3 days ago was the anniversary of the Titanic sinking. I mention this because 1. it sank in April, and 2. "A night to Remember" is the name of a book/film that got the ship some fame before the 97' film

I didn't know that, so many eerie things and coincidences.
Back to top Go down
haydenschool

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 11:47 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
haydenschool wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I didn't know that, so many eerie things and coincidences.

As Bill Nye would say, "Well now you know"
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82296
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Were they saying the people were in an "altercation" like if it was E and D they were fighting?
There is more information on this, interviews with Smith and her husband on 13535 -13539.

She used the word "confrontation" when she described what she saw with the cars during the interview. She first discussed seeing someone who matched Eric's description walking up the stairs by the library/cafeteria and another boy that she couldn't really see in a trench coat by the soccer field. Then, about ten to fifteen minutes later, she saw a black BMW "tailgating" a white Honda as they walked north on Pierce by the school. They walked west along the path by Bowles and noticed the same two cars near the entrance of Clement Park, with the BMW still tailgating the Honda.

She also discussed an incident with several young males near the open gym door on a different day.

I think her husband said that the day on which they saw the group of males was the same day that they saw the cars. He couldn't name the models but said that the white car could have been a Honda or Toyota. He said that as they approached Bowles, going north on Pierce, theĀ  white car was "chasing" the black car. He also said that when they got close to the entrance to the library, the two cars were at the IHOP across the street and there were police cars there with lights on. He described the encounter with the young male as happening on a different day. The male was walking up the grassy area next to the stairs as they walked down and there may have been another male at the top of the stairs, near the entrance to the school. He said that his wife had subsequently identified the male near the stairs as one of the Columbine shooters after seeing him on television.

I would guess that she called it an "altercation" because it looked like a situation where the person in back was trying to chase down the person in front to confront him about something. They disagreed on which car was chasing the other one, according to the reports.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 6:34 am

sscc wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
There is more information on this, interviews with Smith and her husband on 13535 -13539.

She used the word "confrontation" when she described what she saw with the cars during the interview. She first discussed seeing someone who matched Eric's description walking up the stairs by the library/cafeteria and another boy that she couldn't really see in a trench coat by the soccer field. Then, about ten to fifteen minutes later, she saw a black BMW "tailgating" a white Honda as they walked north on Pierce by the school. They walked west along the path by Bowles and noticed the same two cars near the entrance of Clement Park, with the BMW still tailgating the Honda.

She also discussed an incident with several young males near the open gym door on a different day.

I think her husband said that the day on which they saw the group of males was the same day that they saw the cars. He couldn't name the models but said that the white car could have been a Honda or Toyota. He said that as they approached Bowles, going north on Pierce, theĀ  white car was "chasing" the black car. He also said that when they got close to the entrance to the library, the two cars were at the IHOP across the street and there were police cars there with lights on. He described the encounter with the young male as happening on a different day. The male was walking up the grassy area next to the stairs as they walked down and there may have been another male at the top of the stairs, near the entrance to the school. He said that his wife had subsequently identified the male near the stairs as one of the Columbine shooters after seeing him on television.

I would guess that she called it an "altercation" because it looked like a situation where the person in back was trying to chase down the person in front to confront him about something. They disagreed on which car was chasing the other one, according to the reports.

Just another infuriating example of how the witness reports are SUCH a mess to read and get accurate info from. Mad
Back to top Go down
23september

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I've always thought it was New York New York? I remember hearing it in some documentary "... a homage to the Big apple..."
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 1:23 pm

23september wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I've always thought it was New York New York? I remember hearing it in some documentary "... a homage to the Big apple..."

That was the after party theme I think ...

Or was that casino night??
Back to top Go down
23september

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
23september wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

That was the after party theme I think ...

Or was that casino night??

I can't find the documentary and google isn't very helpful, I'm really confused but i'll look into it tomorrow if no one already knows!
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 4:27 pm

23september wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Whatever group people belonged to, everyone was welcome at the after-prom party last weekend. The theme was "New York, New York."

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 4:28 pm

At senior prom over the weekend, the white tablecloths were covered with flower petals and candles, and students slow-danced to the theme song, "The Way You Look Tonight.''

It all seemed so dreamlike.

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nineteen years of Columbine
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next