Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric Harris and the Fly cd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
llpoolhey

llpoolhey

Contribution Points : 58920
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric Harris and the Fly cd Empty
PostSubject: Eric Harris and the Fly cd   Eric Harris and the Fly cd Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 10:06 am

I have listened to the Fly cd many times and I have for the longest time, never figured out why Eric would have liked the cd. I personally like the album a lot and am not ashamed to say I own it simply because I really like listening when I’m stoned, but with all his other music... why and how in the world did he own this album and listen to it? I wasn’t sure where to post but I cannot find anything on the album aside from the obvious: the gift to Susan. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this? Where he would have come across it and so on? Thank you so much in advance!

jadeorbit86 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris and the Fly cd   Eric Harris and the Fly cd Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 10:23 am

This has been talked about with MUCH speculation. When considering Eric's usual taste in music, it doesn't seem to make sense does it? But I can only offer up that Eric was a weird guy. Maybe he found something enjoyable about it.

I myself have a very varied taste in music. From Death Metal to Classical and almost anything in between, besides rap or gospel. I've been told that my playlists could give someone whiplash from the extreme swing from one track to another. Haha

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95974
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris and the Fly cd   Eric Harris and the Fly cd Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 10:23 am

Eric is known for liking KMFDM and Rammstein but he apparently liked a lot of different music including singers like Enya. I think he listened to just about anything

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris and the Fly cd   Eric Harris and the Fly cd Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 10:27 am

Lizpuff wrote:
Eric is known for liking KMFDM and Rammstein but he apparently liked a lot of different music including singers like Enya.  I think he listened to just about anything

Eric listening to Enya will always be funny to me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
llpoolhey

llpoolhey

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris and the Fly cd   Eric Harris and the Fly cd Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 10:33 am

Thank you both so much! I know it’s a pretty unknown album so I’ve always wondered! And couldn’t agree more about music, im all over the place too. I read about Enya in the 11k with Susan but I always thought possibly she was describing music like her music, but honestly I wouldn’t be surprised at this point. Such a mystery that kid was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris and the Fly cd   Eric Harris and the Fly cd Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 11:00 am

Eric seemed like the kind of kid that would enjoy anything that sounded good to him.
Back to top Go down
llpoolhey

llpoolhey

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris and the Fly cd   Eric Harris and the Fly cd Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 11:18 am

Yeah I guess so! Thank you all for your quick replies!
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100863
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris and the Fly cd   Eric Harris and the Fly cd Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 10:24 pm

This is only my personal opinion, not something that I've ever seen verified, but it makes a lot of sense to me:

Eric was obsessed with the DOOM novels and video game DOOM (as most who research this subject are aware), and the main character/narrator of said novels and the video game is named "Fly".

I think Eric saw that CD during a trip to a music shop, thought it was incredible that there was a band by that name, and just grabbed it because of that aspect alone.

Then he possibly listened to it and either liked it immediately, or grew to like it.

The album was released in early 1998 and its style is a mixture of many "popular" genres of the time, with its own overall unique twist.
Back to top Go down
llpoolhey

llpoolhey

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris and the Fly cd   Eric Harris and the Fly cd Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Eric was obsessed with the DOOM novels and video game DOOM (as most who research this subject are aware), and the main character/narrator of said novels and the video game is named "Fly".

I think Eric saw that CD during a trip to a music shop, thought it was incredible that there was a band by that name, and just grabbed it because of that aspect alone.

Then he possibly listened to it and either liked it immediately, or grew to like it

Wow cool, love that theory! Thanks for new info too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris and the Fly cd   Eric Harris and the Fly cd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric Harris and the Fly cd
Page 1 of 1