Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?

Go down 
+5
InsaneIntruder
Subdomine
Gold Digger
thelmar
Demented
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Demented

Demented

Contribution Points : 41371
Forum Reputation : 0

Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Empty
PostSubject: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 12:33 am

?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 1:08 am

The forum owner just doesn't want them posted here.
Back to top Go down
Subdomine

Subdomine

Contribution Points : 37454
Forum Reputation : 218

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 12:43 am

Because there is an insane amount of memery and degenerate behaviour connected to the suicide pictures.

FUCK IT ALL, FUCK THE WORLD, FUCK EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 65932
Forum Reputation : 2993

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 3:33 am

I think Jenn finds them distasteful and disrespectful to the families, it may attract people who wish to emulate E & D in their crime or suicidal people who want to imitate their deaths. It can also get the forum reported and possibly shut down if someone was to make a big enough stink about it.

In short, it's not... worth... it. They are easily accessible. We've all seen them and if we want to see them again we all now how to find them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gold Digger

Gold Digger

Contribution Points : 36659
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 3:20 pm

It's disrespectful. I heard somewhere that Daniel Rohrbough's father leaked them: I find that incredibly distasteful. I can't imagine the rage he had towards E and D but imagine if their parents stumbled across those photos accidentally.

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 5:58 pm

@Gold Digger That same argument could be made for banning suicide photos of perpetrators in general, but for some reason, the admin only seems to specifically take offense at the Columbine one to the point of banning it.
In my view, it makes no sense. There should either be no ban (most preferable), or all suicide/death photos of perpetrators should be banned.
Back to top Go down
Gold Digger

Gold Digger

Contribution Points : 36659
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Really? have there been any other suicide pics posted here that they didn't mind?

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 7:38 pm

@Gold Digger There is no ban on other pics of dead perpetrators, although the mods or admin sometimes remove threads like that anyway because a person or two forgets to include a spoiler and graphic warning or whatnot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 8:27 pm

@Subdomine Brenton Tarrant's shooting video also resulted in a bunch of memes, but I have yet to see the admin ban pictures of it from being posted.
Thus, I believe the banning of the Columbine suicide photos is ultimately arbitrary.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 100689
Forum Reputation : 809

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 9:43 pm

What @Subdomine said is exactly why I don't want those pictures posted on here.

I have yet to see a GIF or a meme or jokes posted on this forum using the suicide photo of any other shooter. What I have seen is Dylan and Eric's pictures end up on t-shirts, pizza boxes, hats, GIF's, meme's, avatars and a bunch of other weird stuff. Even people drawing hearts on them and saying stuff like "best friends til the end". Someone even made a puzzle out of the picture. Again, never seen any of this stuff done with any other suicide picture.

Like I said before, there's too much "fandom" surrounding those pictures. I allow them once, the next thing you know, people are using them as avatars and posting all kinds of jokes about them. To this day people are still trying to find ways around that rule and posting them on here.

The other suicide photos, I allowed them for discussion purposes only and they had to be labeled with a "graphic warning". However, as I stated just 2 days ago in the rules thread, we are removing a lot of graphic stuff off of the forum because the shootings are getting out of hand and I don't need or want any future shooters getting any kind of gun, death, suicide, weapons, bombs, etc information from here.

So, I've been removing and will continue to remove:

Death photos
Gun photos
Weapons photos
Anything else that comes across dangerous or inappropriate.

And so, I am working on getting this stuff removed and have been working on it for a while now but with @TheDragonoid and @Ziamber II clowning around and making huge messes to clean up, it's going to take a bit longer to go through thousands of posts to remove this stuff.

So if anyone comes across anything that shouldn't be posted, let me or one of the moderators know about it so we can remove it.

And no, I don't have some sort of personal issue or am I "offended" by those pictures. Anyone who knows me knows that one of my favorite topics to talk about when it comes to Columbine is the suicides and it's the area of the whole ordeal (aside from the bombs) that I've researched and studied the most. There's a lot of things we've discovered over the past few years thanks to those photos. So don't make assumptions about me. You can just come out and ask me. I always respond to questions.

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 12:29 am

Jenn wrote:

I have yet to see a GIF or a meme or jokes posted on this forum using the suicide photo of any other shooter. What I have seen is Dylan and Eric's pictures end up on t-shirts, pizza boxes, hats, GIF's, meme's, avatars and a bunch of other weird stuff. Even people drawing hearts on them and saying stuff like "best friends til the end". Someone even made a puzzle out of the picture. Again, never seen any of this stuff done with any other suicide picture.

Like I said before, there's too much "fandom" surrounding those pictures. I allow them once, the next thing you know, people are using them as avatars and posting all kinds of jokes about them. To this day people are still trying to find ways around that rule and posting them on here.

The other suicide photos, I allowed them for discussion purposes only and they had to be labeled with a  "graphic warning". However, as I stated just 2 days ago in the rules thread, we are removing a lot of graphic stuff off of the forum because the shootings are getting out of hand and I don't need or want any future shooters getting any kind of gun, death, suicide, weapons, bombs, etc information from here.

Death photos
Gun photos
Weapons photos

And so, I am working on getting this stuff removed and have been working on it for a while now but with @TheDragonoid and @Ziamber II clowning around and making huge messes to clean up, it's going to take a bit longer to go through thousands of posts to remove this stuff.

So if anyone comes across anything that shouldn't be posted, let me or one of the moderators know about it so we can remove it.

And no, I don't have some sort of personal issue or am I "offended" by those pictures. Anyone who knows me knows that one of my favorite topics to talk about when it comes to Columbine is the suicides and it's the area of the whole ordeal (aside from the bombs) that I've researched and studied the most. There's a lot of things we've discovered over the past few years thanks to those photos. So don't make assumptions about me. You can just come out and ask me. I always respond to questions.

So wait are photos of guns banned altogether or is it only for pictures of perpetrators holding guns ? Just wondering as in the past I had contributed photos to several threads of guns used in various shootings although they were just pictures from the crime scene of just the gun or pictures of the weapon released by police.
Back to top Go down
Subdomine

Subdomine

Contribution Points : 37454
Forum Reputation : 218

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 1:47 am

Wait, so would this mean my post on the uncensored pictures of the Suzano killers from the day it happened being a canidate for deletion?

FUCK IT ALL, FUCK THE WORLD, FUCK EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 69136
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 8:16 am

Jenn wrote:

The other suicide photos, I allowed them for discussion purposes only and they had to be labeled with a  "graphic warning". However, as I stated just 2 days ago in the rules thread, we are removing a lot of graphic stuff off of the forum because the shootings are getting out of hand and I don't need or want any future shooters getting any kind of gun, death, suicide, weapons, bombs, etc information from here.

Death photos
Gun photos
Weapons photos

Wait, TheDragonoid? What did they do? They seemed alright to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarius

Contribution Points : 33028
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 2:06 pm

Censorship is always a bad decision...

Btw, what happens to the Christchurch shooting thread? ( Nvm i see now)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Icarius wrote:
Censorship is always a bad decision...

Btw, what happens to the Christchurch shooting thread? ( Nvm i see now)

Yeah but let's not forget that there are rules above CHSMDF's rules. Especially as too many graphic or controversial materials have been released recently. Many accounts on other websites have been closed for sharing the Christchurch video and I don't think it's worth taking the risk to have this forum watched by the FBI or even closed by forumotion. We know we can find this material on other websites so I don't mind keeping this forum for discussion only. And we had too much trolling, graphic stuff and Adam Lanza's fans during the last months imo.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 5:37 pm

Graphic content is going to be removed from those threads. I'm not risking myself or my forum over videos and photos of someone shooting a place up. I'm also not risking having some future shooter getting ideas that he saw on this forum. This graphic stuff can be easily found on Google. Discussing it is one thing but posting videos, photos and instructions/ideas is a whole other thing and I'm not having any part of that.

There's literally some kind of shooting every other day, it seems. True Crime/Shooting websites/information are being shut down all over the place because of this material. Even CVA who just discusses this stuff and doesn't give out a lot of graphic information has had videos striked and almost lost his channel.

I've lost a Columbine page, 3 Columbine groups and have a strike on my channel over a transcript of the "Goodbye Message". Yea, a damn transcript got me a strike on my personal channel.

So there are 2 options right now. Either the graphic content can be removed or the entire thread can be deleted. That's it.

So you guys let me know. Until then, these threads will be on private.

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 5:44 pm

Jenn wrote:
So there are 2 options right now. Either the graphic content can be removed or the entire thread can be deleted. That's it.

So you guys let me know. Until then, these threads will be on private.

I would prefer the graphic content be removed instead of the whole thread if that's not too much work for you. If I can be of any help with that, let me know.
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 67893
Forum Reputation : 64

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 7:03 pm

The forum owner could create a new group on 8chan,8chan has great free speech.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 7:07 pm

James411 wrote:
The forum owner could create a new group on 8chan,8chan has great free speech.

I'm not sure this is the moment for a forum about mass shooting to associate itself with 8chan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 7:42 pm

@James411 We might be able to claim the /columbine/ board on 8chan.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 8:17 pm

Instead of calling it columbine I would call it /nbk/ it sounds better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James411

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 8:19 pm

The only thing is that the board owner might get watched by "big brother".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 8:34 pm

@James411 Same could probably be said for this site to an extent, if not more so (although it would be nearly impossible to prove).
There is no /nbk/ board on 8chan right now, so you could create one.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 75192
Forum Reputation : 550

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 4:32 am

Will the gun thread still be allowed to be on the forum?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 5:16 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Which gun thread?

Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 9:55 am

Jenn wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Which gun thread?
The "Photo's of Mass Murderers weapons" thread.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 9:52 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Which gun thread?
Pictures of guns, yes. Pictures of killers posing and showing off guns, no.

Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Jenn wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Which gun thread?
Thanks Jenn.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Which gun thread?
Thanks Jenn.
No problem. That thread you're asking about is in "Off Topic".

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 8:58 am

Jenn wrote:

Where have you seen a Columbine Pizza Box? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?   Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is it not allowed to post Eric & Dylan's suicide photos?
Page 1 of 1