Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber

Go down 
+3
QuestionMark
imgview
Whysomangry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest




Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Adam P. Lanza was an Anarchist of the Anarcho-Primitivist type and even "quoted" the name of the Unabomber in one of his ShockedBeyondBelief posts.
Was Lanza's philosophy partially inspired by the Unabomber's philosophy ?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121028
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 11:30 pm

CALU wrote:
Adam P. Lanza was an Anarchist of the Anarcho-Primitivist type and even "quoted" the name of the Unabomber in one of his ShockedBeyondBelief posts.
Was Lanza's philosophy partially inspired by the Unabomber's philosophy ?

I think his philosophy was partially cribbed from the Unabomber, but I do not think that it was his justification for murder.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 1:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Whysomangry

Whysomangry


Posts : 19
Contribution Points : 54586
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-07-21
Age : 27
Location : Porter, Texas

Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 11:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Adam P. Lanza was an Anarchist of the Anarcho-Primitivist type and even "quoted" the name of the Unabomber in one of his ShockedBeyondBelief posts.
Was Lanza's philosophy partially inspired by the Unabomber's philosophy ?

I think he was ripping great swathes of his own personal beliefs from Ted Kaczynski, who ripped his ideas from some French philosopher and Nietzsche.
Adam Lanza was a prolific reader of massive attacks, so there's no way he didn't know about the Unabomber, and then you see his obsession with hunter-gatherers, and it becomes obvious he read the manifesto. There's no way he didn't. He was probably mentally above-average, but he wasn't smart enough to see something like that so young.

I think it's tragic that Kaczynski's manifesto landed in the brain of someone so mentally unstable, as it has time and time again.
I don't think he ever wanted anything like this to happen. Lanza was only 20 years old, so his brain wasn't even done developing.
Society is repressive and hurtful, but kids don't know this yet. They are ignorant and alive and grateful for life. There is no moral reason to hurt children that are going through the best period of their lives. Lanza did not shoot-up a highschool or college (both things that could've been morally justified), he destroyed one of the only good things on earth, and he really did it all for himself and no other reason.

I think the entire thing was just malevolence toward an unjust world. Lanza was a loser, and his mother made him that way.
No friends, No job, No girlfriend, and about to get kicked out of his Mommies crib. Mind all tossed-up by 4 years of social isolation. No social skills. No real reason to want to exist.
Fascination with violence because he was frustrated in every way, not because he was "researching a broken society". Depressed by all the nothing that he was doing. Weakened in the body and mind. Terrified of the outside world like my cat is terrified of green grass. I have extreme doubt he even walked up and down his street.

All it took was some conscientiousness, and he would go from nothing to something, and that's what he did.
The entire shooting wasn't a holy war to protect kids from their future. Some of them would grow to be very happy in society, and Lanza was likely aware of this. It was just a pathetic man-child slamming the door on IRL because he couldn't get what he wanted in an unfair world. He was a "vegetarian" so that he could have some sort of moral high ground in his mind that elevated him above others, not because he was a benevolent creature. If he was truly a caring person, he would've acknowledged that childhood is valuable, and he never would've perpetrated Sandy Hook. He even THREATENED to shoot-up the elementary school. He knew it was some fucked-up evil shit with no true moral explanation, so he THREATENED it. James Holmes did his shooting spree at night to specifically avoid hurting children, and his IQ was 126.

Do you honestly think he would've done any of it if he had a girlfriend? The obvious answer is no. Lanza did not see beyond his own needs. He did not have a real reason that was greater than himself to kill children. Even if Lanza's professed motive was Anachro-primitivism that was ripped straight from the Unabomber, I don't think Kaczynski's manifesto was really the root cause of any of this. I think Lanza used it as an excuse in his own brain to lash out at the world and become famous in the process. If not that manifesto, then something else. You could pick any western philosopher and Lanza could twist the ideas to suit his needs just like Eric Harris.

_________________
I seriously enjoy Cartoons, Anime, and Tragedies.

Nelson216 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 9:18 pm

Whysomangry wrote:
Lanza did not shoot-up a highschool or college (both things that could've been morally justified)



Last edited by Halcyon666 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found a better one)
Back to top Go down
imgview
Banned



Posts : 76
Contribution Points : 54934
Forum Reputation : 40
Join date : 2018-07-05

Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 6:49 pm

Whysomangry wrote:
Guest wrote:
Adam P. Lanza was an Anarchist of the Anarcho-Primitivist type and even "quoted" the name of the Unabomber in one of his ShockedBeyondBelief posts.
Was Lanza's philosophy partially inspired by the Unabomber's philosophy ?

I think he was ripping great swathes of his own personal beliefs from Ted Kaczynski, who ripped his ideas from some French philosopher and Nietzsche.
Adam Lanza was a prolific reader of massive attacks, so there's no way he didn't know about the Unabomber, and then you see his obsession with hunter-gatherers, and it becomes obvious he read the manifesto. There's no way he didn't. He was probably mentally above-average, but he wasn't smart enough to see something like that so young.

I think it's tragic that Kaczynski's manifesto landed in the brain of someone so mentally unstable, as it has time and time again.
I don't think he ever wanted anything like this to happen. Lanza was only 20 years old, so his brain wasn't even done developing.
Society is repressive and hurtful, but kids don't know this yet. They are ignorant and alive and grateful for life. There is no moral reason to hurt children that are going through the best period of their lives. Lanza did not shoot-up a highschool or college (both things that could've been morally justified), he destroyed one of the only good things on earth, and he really did it all for himself and no other reason.

I think the entire thing was just malevolence toward an unjust world. Lanza was a loser, and his mother made him that way.
No friends, No job, No girlfriend, and about to get kicked out of his Mommies crib. Mind all tossed-up by 4 years of social isolation. No social skills. No real reason to want to exist.
Fascination with violence because he was frustrated in every way, not because he was "researching a broken society". Depressed by all the nothing that he was doing. Weakened in the body and mind. Terrified of the outside world like my cat is terrified of green grass. I have extreme doubt he even walked up and down his street.

All it took was some conscientiousness, and he would go from nothing to something, and that's what he did.
The entire shooting wasn't a holy war to protect kids from their future. Some of them would grow to be very happy in society, and Lanza was likely aware of this. It was just a pathetic man-child slamming the door on IRL because he couldn't get what he wanted in an unfair world. He was a "vegetarian" so that he could have some sort of moral high ground in his mind that elevated him above others, not because he was a benevolent creature. If he was truly a caring person, he would've acknowledged that childhood is valuable, and he never would've perpetrated Sandy Hook. He even THREATENED to shoot-up the elementary school. He knew it was some fucked-up evil shit with no true moral explanation, so he THREATENED it. James Holmes did his shooting spree at night to specifically avoid hurting children, and his IQ was 126.

Do you honestly think he would've done any of it if he had a girlfriend? The obvious answer is no. Lanza did not see beyond his own needs. He did not have a real reason that was greater than himself to kill children. Even if Lanza's professed motive was Anachro-primitivism that was ripped straight from the Unabomber, I don't think Kaczynski's manifesto was really the root cause of any of this. I think Lanza used it as an excuse in his own brain to lash out at the world and become famous in the process. If not that manifesto, then something else. You could pick any western philosopher and Lanza could twist the ideas to suit his needs just like Eric Harris.
I agree that he did it out of frustration but I dont think Nancy made him "that way". She tried to help AL his entire life and had him go to doctors and under people, when he got older he choose to give it all up and hide in his room. I also dont think she was an enabler, she just failed to see how bad things have become and so she didnt react appropriately. There is also an obsolete stigma on psychiartric hospitals, so she didnt see that as a viable option.

Halcyon666 wrote:
Whysomangry wrote:
Lanza did not shoot-up a highschool or college (both things that could've been morally justified)

Every dead high schooler makes the internet a better place.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121028
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 7:13 pm

imgview wrote:
Every dead high schooler makes the internet a better place.

Easy there Coldsteel.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder


Posts : 2232
Contribution Points : 86478
Forum Reputation : 340
Join date : 2016-06-28
Location : my room

Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 4:36 am

imgview wrote:
Every dead high schooler makes the internet a better place.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned



Posts : 104
Contribution Points : 53459
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2018-10-04

Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Whysomangry wrote:
Lanza did not shoot-up a highschool or college (both things that could've been morally justified)

In context of Kaczynski's morals it would be an attack on institutions perpetuating the misery and enslavement of technological civilization. Also, possibly disturbing his peace with various nightmarish machinery XD .

Like the civilization meaning people being overworked, not getting enough sleep, constantly forced to live with whothefuckarthesepeople instead of a real community, all the civilization related diseases, abuses of power, etc.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy


Posts : 280
Contribution Points : 71341
Forum Reputation : 95
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 30

Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Whysomangry wrote:
Guest wrote:
Adam P. Lanza was an Anarchist of the Anarcho-Primitivist type and even "quoted" the name of the Unabomber in one of his ShockedBeyondBelief posts.
Was Lanza's philosophy partially inspired by the Unabomber's philosophy ?

I think he was ripping great swathes of his own personal beliefs from Ted Kaczynski, who ripped his ideas from some French philosopher and Nietzsche.
Adam Lanza was a prolific reader of massive attacks, so there's no way he didn't know about the Unabomber, and then you see his obsession with hunter-gatherers, and it becomes obvious he read the manifesto. There's no way he didn't. He was probably mentally above-average, but he wasn't smart enough to see something like that so young.

I think it's tragic that Kaczynski's manifesto landed in the brain of someone so mentally unstable, as it has time and time again.
I don't think he ever wanted anything like this to happen. Lanza was only 20 years old, so his brain wasn't even done developing.
Society is repressive and hurtful, but kids don't know this yet. They are ignorant and alive and grateful for life. There is no moral reason to hurt children that are going through the best period of their lives. Lanza did not shoot-up a highschool or college (both things that could've been morally justified), he destroyed one of the only good things on earth, and he really did it all for himself and no other reason.

I think the entire thing was just malevolence toward an unjust world. Lanza was a loser, and his mother made him that way.
No friends, No job, No girlfriend, and about to get kicked out of his Mommies crib. Mind all tossed-up by 4 years of social isolation. No social skills. No real reason to want to exist.
Fascination with violence because he was frustrated in every way, not because he was "researching a broken society". Depressed by all the nothing that he was doing. Weakened in the body and mind. Terrified of the outside world like my cat is terrified of green grass. I have extreme doubt he even walked up and down his street.

All it took was some conscientiousness, and he would go from nothing to something, and that's what he did.
The entire shooting wasn't a holy war to protect kids from their future. Some of them would grow to be very happy in society, and Lanza was likely aware of this. It was just a pathetic man-child slamming the door on IRL because he couldn't get what he wanted in an unfair world. He was a "vegetarian" so that he could have some sort of moral high ground in his mind that elevated him above others, not because he was a benevolent creature. If he was truly a caring person, he would've acknowledged that childhood is valuable, and he never would've perpetrated Sandy Hook. He even THREATENED to shoot-up the elementary school. He knew it was some fucked-up evil shit with no true moral explanation, so he THREATENED it. James Holmes did his shooting spree at night to specifically avoid hurting children, and his IQ was 126.

Do you honestly think he would've done any of it if he had a girlfriend? The obvious answer is no. Lanza did not see beyond his own needs. He did not have a real reason that was greater than himself to kill children. Even if Lanza's professed motive was Anachro-primitivism that was ripped straight from the Unabomber, I don't think Kaczynski's manifesto was really the root cause of any of this. I think Lanza used it as an excuse in his own brain to lash out at the world and become famous in the process. If not that manifesto, then something else. You could pick any western philosopher and Lanza could twist the ideas to suit his needs just like Eric Harris.
Very interesting read although I dislike your use of the words Ripped off. You have to know that almost every philospher has "ripped off" others ideas as a base to form their own you make it sound like Lanza wasn´t original and just copy pasted from others but basically all philosophers has "stolen" the ideas of other great philosophers.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK


Posts : 982
Contribution Points : 73620
Forum Reputation : 330
Join date : 2017-02-10
Location : Somewhere Hot and Dry

Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 12:33 am

TheDragonoid wrote:
Yaeh, to be 100% orginal is impossible, as Eric Harris has already told us.

BTW, i've been meaning to read the Unabomber Manifesto. Do you guys know where i can find it?
here you go mate:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» What did Adam Lanzas friends say about him
» Adam Lanzas psychosis?
» What were Adam Lanzas online aliases. ( all of them )
» I might have found Adam Lanzas ROBLOX
» Adam Lanzas Spreadsheet Link

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting-
Jump to: