Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Which victim's death effects you most?

Go down 
+23
jada887
AllanLionChild
KMFDM
thelmar
dontknow43
SandraSmit19
noodlesoldier
Primate Murder
Glamazon
Screamingophelia
Kerea2244
BlackandWhite
katherinex
Juicy Jazzy
TaylorsMom
sscc
FlyerFan
VoDKaComeHere
MalonsMilk
Lizpuff
Szabo
Lunkhead McGrath
CuriousColumbine
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CuriousColumbine

CuriousColumbine


Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 54549
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-28

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Every person that's life was taken that day breaks my heart. But a few of them seem to weigh on me more, and I think it's because I connect with them more than the others.

Do any of you experience that?

Kyle Velasquez's death really upsets me. I've worked with special needs kids alot on my life, and I'm on the Autism Spectrum myself. I just have such a huge heart for him. Writing about him just breaks my heart.

Eric's death also weighs on me alot. Dylan's too, but for the sake of making this a top 2 list, I'll list Eric's. I absolutely do not condone what Eric did. But do I sympathize with his feelings, not his actions.  I read some of his journal entries, For example "I hate you people for leaving me out of so many fun things. And no don't fucking say, "well thats your fault" because it isnt, you people had my phone #, and I asked and all, but no. no no no dont let the weird looking Eric KID come along, ohh fucking nooo."  It sounds like something I would have written in highschool. I just see alot of parallels between us and I wish someone could have stepped in and that Columbine never happened.

So I want to know what your thoughts and opinions are on this.

_________________
Kiss my ass Brooks, I ain't paying for shit!
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath




Posts : 476
Contribution Points : 75861
Forum Reputation : 225
Join date : 2016-11-03

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Lauren Townsend got it the worst, I really don't like to think about her death.

Dave Sanders slowly bled to death and had to tell people to tell his wife and kids that he loved them and wasn't going to make it. No Cullen jokes please.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193431
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 9:18 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Lauren Townsend got it the worst, I really don't like to think about her death.  

Dave Sanders slowly bled to death and had to tell people to tell his wife and kids that he loved them and wasn't going to make it.  No Cullen jokes please.  



I agree

I also think Eric’s death weighs on me a lot more than Dylan’s though a kid that young who just wants to die is heartbreaking but where he made the turn into murder is inconceivable to me
Back to top Go down
Szabo




Posts : 162
Contribution Points : 67413
Forum Reputation : 35
Join date : 2017-04-07
Location : Cornwall, UK.

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 10:10 pm

Kelly Fleming. It just gets me that although she was beside a table full of girls, none of them mentioned her in the 11k, almost as if she was never there and the fact she wasn't even under the table, I can't imagine how much more fear that caused in what was no doubt an already nightmarish situation.
Back to top Go down
CuriousColumbine

CuriousColumbine


Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 54549
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-28

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Szabo wrote:
Kelly Fleming. It just gets me that although she was beside a table full of girls, none of them mentioned her in the 11k, almost as if she was never there and the fact she wasn't even under the table, I can't imagine how much more fear that caused in what was no doubt an already nightmarish situation.

Oh gosh yeah, her's gets me too. I think it gets me sad that her mom said she had just finally started opening up, because she had been painfully shy. And right as she's breaking out of the shell, her life got taken. She was beautiful too. The photo of her outside where she's smiling, is just gorgeous.

_________________
Kiss my ass Brooks, I ain't paying for shit!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193431
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 10:27 pm

CuriousColumbine wrote:
Szabo wrote:
Kelly Fleming. It just gets me that although she was beside a table full of girls, none of them mentioned her in the 11k, almost as if she was never there and the fact she wasn't even under the table, I can't imagine how much more fear that caused in what was no doubt an already nightmarish situation.

Oh gosh yeah, her's gets me too. I think it gets me sad that her mom said she had just finally started opening up, because she had been painfully shy. And right as she's breaking out of the shell, her life got taken. She was beautiful too. The photo of her outside where she's smiling, is just gorgeous.


Sad I thought I heard someone mention a girl moved over to another table

I think she moved over to the table with Val and them?

Kelly has not been forgotten for what’s its worth. I left a flower on her plaque both times I went to the memorial. I also had a bouquet of yellow flowers that I left on Corey Depooters grave. Rachel’s flowers seemed to tower over his.



Back to top Go down
CuriousColumbine

CuriousColumbine


Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 54549
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-28

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 11:17 pm

Szabo wrote:


Kelly has not been forgotten for what’s its worth. I left a flower on her plaque both times I went to the memorial. I also had a bouquet of yellow flowers that I left on Corey Depooters grave. Rachel’s flowers seemed to tower over his.




I want to go to the memorial one day. I will probably break down when I get to Kyle's cross. I want to leave flowers and a card, personalized for each of them.

_________________
Kiss my ass Brooks, I ain't paying for shit!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:32 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Lauren Townsend got it the worst, I really don't like to think about her death.  

Dave Sanders slowly bled to death and had to tell people to tell his wife and kids that he loved them and wasn't going to make it.  No Cullen jokes please.  



I agree

I also think Eric’s death weighs on me a lot more than Dylan’s though a kid that young who just wants to die is heartbreaking but where he made the turn into murder is inconceivable to me



Dude, Dylan's death was fucked up man, like he lobotomized him self and drowned in his blood 2 minutes later or something like that, Eric's was instant. But man, this shit is all depressing as fuck though.
Back to top Go down
Szabo




Posts : 162
Contribution Points : 67413
Forum Reputation : 35
Join date : 2017-04-07
Location : Cornwall, UK.

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 5:33 am

Quote :
Sad I thought I heard someone mention a girl moved over to another table

That was Nicole Nowlen who said she saw Kelly originally sitting at table 4.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 7:30 am

This is a tough question, as all the deaths were so horrible and senseless. BUT if I had to say which gets me the most it would also be Kyle Velasquez.

I know there have been conflicting reports on his death, some saying that he hadn't even tried to hide, while others said that he had. Either way I doubt he really knew exactly what was going on. In my opinion he would have been at the very top of the "INNOCENT" list. Sad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 7:46 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
CuriousColumbine wrote:
Szabo wrote:
Kelly Fleming. It just gets me that although she was beside a table full of girls, none of them mentioned her in the 11k, almost as if she was never there and the fact she wasn't even under the table, I can't imagine how much more fear that caused in what was no doubt an already nightmarish situation.

Oh gosh yeah, her's gets me too. I think it gets me sad that her mom said she had just finally started opening up, because she had been painfully shy. And right as she's breaking out of the shell, her life got taken. She was beautiful too. The photo of her outside where she's smiling, is just gorgeous.


Sad I thought I heard someone mention a girl moved over to another table

I think she moved over to the table with Val and them?

Kelly has not been forgotten for what’s its worth. I left a flower on her plaque both times I went to the memorial. I also had a bouquet of yellow flowers that I left on Corey Depooters grave. Rachel’s flowers seemed to tower over his.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I know we had talked about how some of the more well known deaths pretty much being the ones that were so well covered in the media at the time. Like Rachel, Cassie, Isaiah Shoels, etc.  

The others seemed to have gotten less air time, and people only really remember the ones where there was SO much media coverage mentioning their names, and reporting on their funerals.  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 95899
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am

Steve Curnow. Somehow the way he died with his hands in his lap just hits me. Almost like he was just asleep.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Szabo




Posts : 162
Contribution Points : 67413
Forum Reputation : 35
Join date : 2017-04-07
Location : Cornwall, UK.

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am

Lizpuff wrote:
Steve Curnow.  Somehow the way he died with his hands in his lap just hits me.  Almost like he was just asleep.  

I think a couple of survivors from the library didn't even realise at first he had died.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 11:34 am

Szabo wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Steve Curnow.  Somehow the way he died with his hands in his lap just hits me.  Almost like he was just asleep.  

I think a couple of survivors from the library didn't even realise at first he had died.


Very sad indeed. Sad
Back to top Go down
MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk


Posts : 46
Contribution Points : 59008
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 2:04 pm

For me, maybe the loneliest death was Dylan's. He was in a room surrounded by corpses that HE had killed. His best friend had quickly blown his brains out and he was (what he thought) the last person alone. I just find it a very sad, lonely and crushing death - he went through with the massacre, in part, so that he didn't have to die alone but in the end that's exactly what he did.

It just makes me feel very sad, despite everything that he did.
Back to top Go down
CuriousColumbine

CuriousColumbine


Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 54549
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-28

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 4:43 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
This is a tough question, as all the deaths were so horrible and senseless. BUT if I had to say which gets me the most it would also be Kyle Velasquez.  

I know there have been conflicting reports on his death, some saying that he hadn't even tried to hide, while others said that he had. Either way I doubt he really knew exactly what was going on. In my opinion he would have been at the very top of the "INNOCENT" list.  Sad

I think that's what gets me the most is that he was most likely really confused. Like, I'm on the spectrum and I have mild sensory issues, and with all the screaming, banging, smoke, movement....I would have been confused and overloaded too! It just breaks my heart so badly. I know he was extremely close to his mom too, and if I could ever meet her, I would just hug the hell out of her.

I told my mom (who I'm ridiculously close to) about his story and my mom actually started crying because she couldn't imagine losing me that way. It's so fucking sad

_________________
Kiss my ass Brooks, I ain't paying for shit!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193431
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 10:11 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
CuriousColumbine wrote:
Szabo wrote:
Kelly Fleming. It just gets me that although she was beside a table full of girls, none of them mentioned her in the 11k, almost as if she was never there and the fact she wasn't even under the table, I can't imagine how much more fear that caused in what was no doubt an already nightmarish situation.

Oh gosh yeah, her's gets me too. I think it gets me sad that her mom said she had just finally started opening up, because she had been painfully shy. And right as she's breaking out of the shell, her life got taken. She was beautiful too. The photo of her outside where she's smiling, is just gorgeous.


Sad I thought I heard someone mention a girl moved over to another table

I think she moved over to the table with Val and them?

Kelly has not been forgotten for what’s its worth. I left a flower on her plaque both times I went to the memorial. I also had a bouquet of yellow flowers that I left on Corey Depooters grave. Rachel’s flowers seemed to tower over his.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I know we had talked about how some of the more well known deaths pretty much being the ones that were so well covered in the media at the time. Like Rachel, Cassie, Isaiah Shoels, etc.  

The others seemed to have gotten less air time, and people only really remember the ones where there was SO much media coverage mentioning their names, and reporting on their funerals.  Crying or Very sad

Especially with Rachel and Cassie being martyrd and the way Dylan treated Isaiah before he died, then they made fun of him after because of what happened. I wonder if the Shoels still think that there was an issue between Isaiah and E&D? You never really hear from them anymore. I think it was them and Kyles parents who ripped up Sue's letter.

It's sad because everyone who died that day mattered and was tragic. E and D's deaths mattered too but of course in a different way. I sometimes think it was harder to mourn them. Especially for their friends and they people who loved them. Up until 11:18 that day Eric and Dylan were regular kids at school who some people really liked a lot!

Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere




Posts : 134
Contribution Points : 59865
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-12-24

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 2:30 am

Dude, Dylan's death was fucked up man, like he lobotomized him self and drowned in his blood 2 minutes later or something like that, Eric's was instant. But man, this shit is all depressing as fuck though. [/quote

Considering he had just shot himself in the head and part of his brain had exited his skull, it's highly unlikely he was actually conscious while drowning in his own blood. He was more then likely instantly unconscious. So basically there deaths were the same in regards to it being instant...it was no different for Eric than it was for Dylan in Dylan's perspective, Eric died instantly...Dylan was instantly unconscious and then died a few minutes later, however long It took to drown in the blood.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere




Posts : 134
Contribution Points : 59865
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-12-24

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 2:33 am

I know there have been conflicting reports on his death, some saying that he hadn't even tried to hide, while others said that he had. Either way I doubt he really knew exactly what was going on. In my opinion he would have been at the very top of the "INNOCENT" list.  Sad
[/quote]

It's been confirmed that he did not hide and was in fact the only one not hiding and he was still sitting at the computers. While Dylan and Eric walked over to the library windows, they walked passed him as he was sitting at the computer and Dylan shot him in the back of his head with his shotgun.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan


Posts : 184
Contribution Points : 76597
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-11-20

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Daniel Mauser is always a tough one for me. Not only was he shot in the face point blank, but two weeks before his murder he asked his father if he knew that there were loopholes in the Brady bill, and it was that very loophole that allowed them to get the gun that killed Daniel.

That and it is said that he shoved a chair at Harris in self defense. I wonder if he would be alive if he hadn’t done that.
Back to top Go down
CuriousColumbine

CuriousColumbine


Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 54549
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-28

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 12:31 am

FlyerFan wrote:
Daniel Mauser is always a tough one for me. Not only was he shot in the face point blank, but two weeks before his murder he asked his father if he knew that there were loopholes in the Brady bill, and it was that very loophole that allowed them to get the gun that killed Daniel.

That and it is said that he shoved a chair at Harris in self defense. I wonder if he would be alive if he hadn’t done that.

I don't know what it is about Danny Mauser but I adore that kid. He just has a special place for me, I don't know why.
I wish he hadn't shoved that chair. I know he was doing it to try and be a hero, but I honestly think he would still be alive if he hadn't.

_________________
Kiss my ass Brooks, I ain't paying for shit!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 10:29 am

there is so little stuff on kyle : (
its so sad that he was shot w no communication right when dylan saw him
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193431
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 10:42 am

I don’t buy into the leader/follower theory BUT I do feel like Kyles death was in a way Dylan showing Eric he was on board because he did shoot less before the library, though Dylan was especially brutal with Lance.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1323
Contribution Points : 82786
Forum Reputation : 548
Join date : 2016-02-27

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 5:28 pm

John Tomlin
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom


Posts : 198
Contribution Points : 77767
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-01-05
Age : 40
Location : Greene, ME

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 10:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that's a great point you make about Dylan possibly shooting Kyle, poor soul was the only one still sitting in his seat when they entered and Dylan took a cheap shot to possibly show Eric that, yes, he was onboard and ready. He was horrifically cruel to Lance however and watching his face blast away from his head must've been a horrid sight to see. I'm sure Dylan assumed he killed him with that shot but he lived to tell his story. Maybe Dylan really did think he was "helping him" by shooting him in the face?? Anywho...if the question was heard when they entered the library and asked by Eric, that would lead me to believe that the easy kill Dylan got with Kyle, was his way of showing Eric...I'm in this. Quite possibly *if* Eric asked Dylan the question some heard when entering the library about whether or not he was still with him... hypothetically speaking, Dylan couldve just shook his head "yes" and Eric quickly said "prove it" and Dylan walked directly to Kyle, shot him in the head as a way to show proof he was capable of this, ready and willing.
Thanks for the post! Got me thinking!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193431
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 11:12 pm

TaylorsMom wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that's a great point you make about Dylan possibly shooting Kyle, poor soul was the only one still sitting in his seat when they entered and Dylan took a cheap shot to possibly show Eric that, yes, he was onboard and ready.  He was horrifically cruel to Lance however and watching his face blast away from his head must've been a horrid sight to see.  I'm sure Dylan assumed he killed him with that shot but he lived to tell his story.  Maybe Dylan really did think he was "helping him" by shooting him in the face??  Anywho...if the question was heard when they entered the library and asked by Eric, that would lead me to believe that the easy kill Dylan got with Kyle, was his way of showing Eric...I'm in this.  Quite possibly *if* Eric asked Dylan the question some heard when entering the library about whether or not he was still with him... hypothetically speaking, Dylan couldve just shook his head "yes" and Eric quickly said "prove it" and Dylan walked directly to Kyle, shot him in the head as a way to show proof he was capable of this, ready and willing.
Thanks for the post!  Got me thinking!

The "helping" part eerily makes me think of Radioactive Clothing filmed really close to the massacre when they are in the Basement and Eric goes "we have a victim here" and Dylan asks if he is dead and Eric goes "yea, almost' and Dylan goes "put him out of his misery" and his delivery is really cold and he kind of growls.


I think that could have happened, it could have been so quiet too and Dylan just shot the first person he saw Sad



Was John Tomlin the one that goes burned as well as shot? Or was that someone who survived in the cafeteria?
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere




Posts : 134
Contribution Points : 59865
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-12-24

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 11:34 pm

Was John Tomlin the one that goes burned as well as shot? Or was that someone who survived in the cafeteria?
[/quote]

Eric shot under the table John was at with his shotgun and shot John, badly wounding him. After John got shot he actually crawled out from under the table he was underneath (he was the only one of the victims to do this) and when he crawled out Dylan shot him with his Tec-9, which ended his life. He never got burned by anything though.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy


Posts : 512
Contribution Points : 98269
Forum Reputation : 21
Join date : 2013-09-03

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 1:02 am

Kyle was in the cafeteria when the shooting started and made his way to the library whilst everyone else was running out of the school to safety. I feel particularly bad for Kyle as he was mentally challenged and as someone mentioned in another thread covering this topic, he may have made his way to the library not knowing the true danger of the situation. As such, he was found in the library by Dylan and killed, supposedly having made no attempt to conceal himself.
Back to top Go down
katherinex




Posts : 106
Contribution Points : 61611
Forum Reputation : 125
Join date : 2018-01-02

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:02 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Kyle was in the cafeteria when the shooting started and made his way to the library whilst everyone else was running out of the school to safety. I feel particularly bad for Kyle as he was mentally challenged and as someone mentioned in another thread covering this topic, he may have made his way to the library not knowing the true danger of the situation. As such, he was found in the library by Dylan and killed, supposedly having made no attempt to conceal himself.

I wonder if Kyle made his way to the library because he felt safe there and in all the confusion he was intent on seeking safety. Unfortunately he was more vulnerable (like they all were) in the library.
Back to top Go down
katherinex




Posts : 106
Contribution Points : 61611
Forum Reputation : 125
Join date : 2018-01-02

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:14 am

[quote="CuriousColumbine"]
Szabo wrote:
Kelly Fleming. It just gets me that although she was beside a table full of girls, none of them mentioned her in the 11k, almost as if she was never there and the fact she wasn't even under the table, I can't imagine how much more fear that caused in what was no doubt an already nightmarish situation.

I realise that it was a terrible situation they found themselves in, but we hear of the other victims being reported as being with other people. Like Isiah (sp?) and Matt were with Craig. I'm sure Corey was reported to be with someone. So how come none of them mention Kelly (did they know her before the shooting?), even if they just described her and what she wore?

With Kelly's death I often feel even though she was with a group of girls, essentially she was alone. I wonder if any of them spoke to each other or even looked around to see who was at the table to make sure their friends were still there.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193431
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 9:52 am

Kelly went to the table with Val, Lauren and Lisa K?

I think both Kyle and Kelly were trying to go somewhere safe and Kelly was super shy and according to her mom just coming out of her shell. I hope someone at least held her hand for a second or acknowledged she was there.

I don't think anyone knew Kelly, but who was she sitting with first?

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Szabo




Posts : 162
Contribution Points : 67413
Forum Reputation : 35
Join date : 2017-04-07
Location : Cornwall, UK.

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 11:27 am

Kelly was sitting by herself at table 4 originally.

Quote :
I hope someone at least held her hand for a second or acknowledged she was there.

That's what I find sad as reading the 11k no-one acknowledged she was even there. Not that I blame them. It was an incredibly frightening situation to get caught up in, but you'd think Kelly being killed by their table would've made at least one of them remember seeing her.

I wonder if perhaps Kelly moved beside table 2 only after E&D entered the library? That may explain why the girls at table 2 didn't originally recall seeing her.
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite


Posts : 66
Contribution Points : 67037
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-20

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 4:53 pm

Daniel Rohrbough's death was really sad. He was shot so unexpectedly and then they couldn't even move his body for a couple days. I think I remember reading that it snowed after the shooting and his body was just there, on the ground...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 5:03 pm

BlackandWhite wrote:
Daniel Rohrbough's death was really sad. He was shot so unexpectedly and then they couldn't even move his body for a couple days. I think I remember reading that it snowed after the shooting and his body was just there, on the ground...


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also the fact that his parents wanted the concrete slab that he was laying on when he died. It was taken to their house and they made it a type of a shrine with a swinging bench.

It would be very hard to see that everyday knowing that was where my son had taken his last breath. Sad
Back to top Go down
CuriousColumbine

CuriousColumbine


Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 54549
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-28

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 5:25 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:


Also the fact that his parents wanted the concrete slab that he was laying on when he died. It was taken to their house and they made it a type of a shrine with a swinging bench.

It would be very hard to see that everyday knowing that was where my son had taken his last breath. Sad

Yeah. I don't know why, that just always was so strange to me. I know people grieve in different ways. But I feel like that can't be healthy for them I don't know, I try not to judge

_________________
Kiss my ass Brooks, I ain't paying for shit!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 5:34 pm

CuriousColumbine wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:


Also the fact that his parents wanted the concrete slab that he was laying on when he died. It was taken to their house and they made it a type of a shrine with a swinging bench.

It would be very hard to see that everyday knowing that was where my son had taken his last breath. Sad

Yeah. I don't know why, that just always was so strange to me. I know people grieve in different ways. But I feel like that can't be healthy for them I don't know, I try not to judge


I have no judgement on it at all either. I have two small kids myself. I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to lose either one of them, much less in such a horrific way. No

The only thing I can think is that maybe it makes them feel close to him in some way. Sad
Back to top Go down
CuriousColumbine

CuriousColumbine


Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 54549
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-28

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:40 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
CuriousColumbine wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:


Also the fact that his parents wanted the concrete slab that he was laying on when he died. It was taken to their house and they made it a type of a shrine with a swinging bench.

It would be very hard to see that everyday knowing that was where my son had taken his last breath. Sad

Yeah. I don't know why, that just always was so strange to me. I know people grieve in different ways. But I feel like that can't be healthy for them I don't know, I try not to judge


I have no judgement on it at all either. I have two small kids myself. I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to lose either one of them, much less in such a horrific way. No

The only thing I can think is that maybe it makes them feel close to him in some way. Sad

I don't have kids but the thought of losing children that way, oh my gosh I can't imagine. When I heard about Sandy Hook on the car radio, I had to pull the car over and just break down because I was crying so hard that I couldn't see. I'm pretty sure I heard it right as the news broke because in a few moments, I saw more cars pulling over and crying. It was a heart breaking day.

I can't imagine. Those parents are strong as hell to make it through this

_________________
Kiss my ass Brooks, I ain't paying for shit!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:49 pm

CuriousColumbine wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
CuriousColumbine wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:


Also the fact that his parents wanted the concrete slab that he was laying on when he died. It was taken to their house and they made it a type of a shrine with a swinging bench.

It would be very hard to see that everyday knowing that was where my son had taken his last breath. Sad

Yeah. I don't know why, that just always was so strange to me. I know people grieve in different ways. But I feel like that can't be healthy for them I don't know, I try not to judge


I have no judgement on it at all either. I have two small kids myself. I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to lose either one of them, much less in such a horrific way. No

The only thing I can think is that maybe it makes them feel close to him in some way. Sad

I don't have kids but the thought of losing children that way, oh my gosh I can't imagine. When I heard about Sandy Hook on the car radio, I had to pull the car over and just break down because I was crying so hard that I couldn't see. I'm pretty sure I heard it right as the news broke because in a few moments, I saw more cars pulling over and crying. It was a heart breaking day.

I can't imagine. Those parents are strong as hell to make it through this


Agreed. Although I don't think you ever truly get through something like that. Some might be able to heal and go on, but for most it would be just a never ending struggle. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
CuriousColumbine

CuriousColumbine


Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 54549
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-28

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 7:31 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
CuriousColumbine wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
CuriousColumbine wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:


Also the fact that his parents wanted the concrete slab that he was laying on when he died. It was taken to their house and they made it a type of a shrine with a swinging bench.

It would be very hard to see that everyday knowing that was where my son had taken his last breath. Sad

Yeah. I don't know why, that just always was so strange to me. I know people grieve in different ways. But I feel like that can't be healthy for them I don't know, I try not to judge


I have no judgement on it at all either. I have two small kids myself. I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to lose either one of them, much less in such a horrific way. No

The only thing I can think is that maybe it makes them feel close to him in some way. Sad

I don't have kids but the thought of losing children that way, oh my gosh I can't imagine. When I heard about Sandy Hook on the car radio, I had to pull the car over and just break down because I was crying so hard that I couldn't see. I'm pretty sure I heard it right as the news broke because in a few moments, I saw more cars pulling over and crying. It was a heart breaking day.

I can't imagine. Those parents are strong as hell to make it through this


Agreed. Although I don't think you ever truly get through something like that.  Some might be able to heal and go on, but for most it would be just a never ending struggle. Crying or Very sad

But at the same time, they are so badass to be able to put one foot in front of the other. It amazes me. Kind of off topic but for example,
Patrick Ireland is my motivation. After everything he went through, he still went to college, got a good job. It's incredible. These families who are surviving despite the crushing loss are amazing. They are phenomenal.

_________________
Kiss my ass Brooks, I ain't paying for shit!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 7:33 pm

CuriousColumbine wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
CuriousColumbine wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
CuriousColumbine wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:


Also the fact that his parents wanted the concrete slab that he was laying on when he died. It was taken to their house and they made it a type of a shrine with a swinging bench.

It would be very hard to see that everyday knowing that was where my son had taken his last breath. Sad

Yeah. I don't know why, that just always was so strange to me. I know people grieve in different ways. But I feel like that can't be healthy for them I don't know, I try not to judge


I have no judgement on it at all either. I have two small kids myself. I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to lose either one of them, much less in such a horrific way. No

The only thing I can think is that maybe it makes them feel close to him in some way. Sad

I don't have kids but the thought of losing children that way, oh my gosh I can't imagine. When I heard about Sandy Hook on the car radio, I had to pull the car over and just break down because I was crying so hard that I couldn't see. I'm pretty sure I heard it right as the news broke because in a few moments, I saw more cars pulling over and crying. It was a heart breaking day.

I can't imagine. Those parents are strong as hell to make it through this


Agreed. Although I don't think you ever truly get through something like that.  Some might be able to heal and go on, but for most it would be just a never ending struggle. Crying or Very sad

But at the same time, they are so badass to be able to put one foot in front of the other. It amazes me. Kind of off topic but for example,
Patrick Ireland is my motivation. After everything he went through, he still went to college, got a good job. It's incredible. These families who are surviving despite the crushing loss are amazing. They are phenomenal.


Very true.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan


Posts : 184
Contribution Points : 76597
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-11-20

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Maybe being the last thing he touched when he was alive gives them faith. If you have seen 13 Families you’ll find out that Kelly’s parents kept a toy blow up alien because it still has her air inside of it. Small things like that really do matter when a person is no longer here.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom


Posts : 198
Contribution Points : 77767
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-01-05
Age : 40
Location : Greene, ME

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:02 pm

I think I'd have to say that Cory Depooter's death upsets me the most and here's why. He was the last student shot and killed in the library. He had to hear and see everyone around him get shot or taunted before he was eventually killed. I don't know, there's just something about it that makes me sick and want to cry at the same time. Thinking about him hiding, wondering the whole time of he'll be able to survive or not...just breaks my heart!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 6:46 am

FlyerFan wrote:
Maybe being the last thing he touched when he was alive gives them faith. If you have seen 13 Families you’ll find out that Kelly’s parents kept a toy blow up alien because it still has her air inside of it. Small things like that really do matter when a person is no longer here.



Agreed. Sadly most of the victims family likely did keep things like that. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244


Posts : 593
Contribution Points : 123375
Forum Reputation : 40
Join date : 2018-04-28
Age : 23

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 pm

I think lauren and Isaiah (I couldn't put just one ) were really upsetting. Isaiah got called racist things and he wanted his mom before being killed Crying or Very sad Lauren was the one who got shot the most under her table full of girls and just hearing Val during the 911 call just says it all Sad

_________________
Look hard enough and you will always find a light ~ Rachel Joy Scott
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6422
Contribution Points : 193431
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 10:54 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
I think lauren and Isaiah (I couldn't put just one ) were really upsetting. Isaiah got called racist things and he wanted his mom before being killed Crying or Very sad Lauren was the one who got shot the most under her table full of girls and just hearing Val during the 911 call just says it all Sad

I feel similarly about Lauren too and her putting her arm around Val telling her everything will be okay breaks my heart.

That and learning Kelly made her way over the Laurens table probably to feel safer because they were seniors and Kelly was younger and new to the school.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Glamazon




Posts : 131
Contribution Points : 66510
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-03-04

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 8:59 am

Daniel Mauser. He seemed so innocent, harmless and kind-hearted. I bet he had no enemies. How could you be visited by the desire to hurt someone like that? Also, the fact that his father has spoken openly about his devastation over his son's death on Youtube, tugs at my heartstrings even further.

_________________
"My skin is very young, but my heart is very old" - Isaac Dunbar.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder


Posts : 1101
Contribution Points : 63808
Forum Reputation : 446
Join date : 2019-04-04
Location : Burgerland

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 6:22 pm

My answer is none. I literally became like Neil deGrasse Tyson when it comes to death. Everything that is not too close is statistics to me now.

_________________
Currently dating Seryu Ubiquitous
Back to top Go down
noodlesoldier

noodlesoldier


Posts : 43
Contribution Points : 42621
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2019-10-26
Age : 29
Location : Phobos

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Glamazon wrote:
Daniel Mauser. He seemed so innocent, harmless and kind-hearted. I bet he had no enemies. How could you be visited by the desire to hurt someone like that? Also, the fact that his father has spoken openly about his devastation over his son's death on Youtube, tugs at my heartstrings even further.

I second this, for the exact same reasons.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19


Posts : 159
Contribution Points : 102769
Forum Reputation : 235
Join date : 2013-05-08
Age : 40

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 7:15 pm

I know that it has been said many times that Kyle Velasquez did not hide and was in fact sitting at the computer table when he was shot, but it makes no sense to me.

He was shot in the left side of the head and the left shoulder so his left side must have been facing the shooters (Dylan, I guess?) when he was shot but his body was found partially underneath a table on the south side of the north computer tables. Was he facing away from the table? Was he shot right off the chair he was sitting on? Would his body not be further away from the table then? His backside is, if the library diagram is correct and I have to assume it is, underneath the table. It seems like such an awkward way to fall, especially for a large boy. You would expect him to fall pretty much straight down and not roll into another position.

When I look at the position of his body on the diagram it makes more sense to me that he was sitting underneath the table and was shot in his left side as he hid (at least partially). I could, of course, be completely wrong, but it just doesn't seem very likely that he was sitting at the table.

Then there's the fact that for much of the time Kyle was allegedly sitting at one of the tables, Patti Nielson was on the phone with 9-1-1, telling everybody to get down. It's entirely possible for Kyle to have not understood what was going on and therefore neglected to do as told but during her call, Patti very clearly states that everybody is under the tables and even seems to check to confirm this before reiterating that everybody is under the tables. Did she completely miss Kyle sitting there? I guess with the amount of panic she was in, it's possible but is it plausible?

As I said I could be wrong, maybe I am, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

_________________
I don't trust joggers, they're the ones always finding the bodies.
Back to top Go down
dontknow43




Posts : 5
Contribution Points : 64412
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-30

Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 8:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Seeing this picture of corey just gets me.  He's just like me when I was in high school. He loved to fish, loved the outdoors, and just seemed so happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Which victim's death effects you most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which victim's death effects you most?   Which victim's death effects you most? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Which victim's death effects you most?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Which victims death was really horrfying to you?
» Which school shooting effects you the most?
» Luvox and side effects
» 13 victims or 15 victims?
» do you have a death wish?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: