Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who was better at computers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
deelightful

Contribution Points : 99910
Forum Reputation : 0

Who was better at computers? Empty
PostSubject: Who was better at computers?   Who was better at computers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:09 am

I know it's been said that E & D had a talent for computers, and Dylan had fooled people into thinking he planned to study computer science. Eric loved to play doom and coded levels and everything, but who do you guys think was really better at it? Let's say the massacre hadn't happened, and both had gone into that field, who would have had the more successful career? I'm just asking because in most of the articles I read it seems that most people believe Dylan was the one who had more talent in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who was better at computers?   Who was better at computers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:52 am

Hm, I think they were both good with these things in a different sense of the word. Dylan was good at the very technical stuff (I think I read somewhere that he built -- part of -- his own computer?) and probably got a little inventive with these things. Eric was good at building computer game levels, had his own website, that kind of thing.. Smile My guess is that Dylan could've gone into computer development and that Eric could've gone into game design and both would've been pretty successful with their respective work.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98919
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Who was better at computers?   Who was better at computers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:21 am

They both could have gone into computer networking.... that is where most of the money is made these days in IT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101624
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Who was better at computers?   Who was better at computers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 7:09 pm

I don´t know who was better. But here´s a statement of Zack Heckler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Heckler did not think he was smart enough. Nice friend...

Another statement Tad Boles:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
deelightful

Contribution Points : 99910

PostSubject: Re: Who was better at computers?   Who was better at computers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:40 pm

A lot of their friends say Dylan was really smart, it just seems like he didn't apply himself enough. Eric, on the other hand, was very particular about his grades. I'm going to guess that was largely because of his parents. Wayne seems like the type who would have demanded good grades from him. I don't remember where, but I recall reading that Wayne completed a master's degree while he was in the Air Force.
Back to top Go down
MarmaladeSkies

Contribution Points : 101766

PostSubject: Re: Who was better at computers?   Who was better at computers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:53 pm

I think Eric also helped design a few of the school websites as well.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101624
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Who was better at computers?   Who was better at computers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:55 pm

MarmaladeSkies wrote:
I think Eric also helped design a few of the school websites as well.
Yes, he did. I read a statement of a student that he was into it.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103147
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Who was better at computers?   Who was better at computers? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:30 am

lol idk why Zach would say Dylan wasn't "smart enough' for that. Then again, he was probably just mad because Dylan technically tried killing him

Anyway, Dylan and Zach were the Computer Guys, not Eric. Dylan and Zach were the ones who hacked into the computers servers their junior year in '97. Eric was the third wheel. Zach was the main guy, he was suspended for 5 days. Dylan was suspended for 3 because he probably helped him. And Eric was only suspended for 1 day. I don't think he did much.

Dylan also hacked into the school's server to find a locker combination of a guy he didn't like. ONLY Dylan was involved in this, and was suspended I think in Spring '98 (his junior year)

So yeah, Dylan and Zach were the real wiz Computer guys. Dylan and Zach had much more in common than Dylan and Eric. Zach would have been the third shooter if he never changed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who was better at computers?   Who was better at computers? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:42 am

lol wrote:
lol idk why Zach would say Dylan wasn't "smart enough' for that. Then again, he was probably just mad because Dylan technically tried killing him

Anyway, Dylan and Zach were the Computer Guys, not Eric. Dylan and Zach were the ones who hacked into the computers servers their junior year in '97. Eric was the third wheel. Zach was the main guy, he was suspended for 5 days. Dylan was suspended for 3 because he probably helped him. And Eric was only suspended for 1 day. I don't think he did much.

Dylan also hacked into the school's server to find a locker combination of a guy he didn't like. ONLY Dylan was involved in this, and was suspended I think in Spring '98 (his junior year)

So yeah, Dylan and Zach were the real wiz Computer guys. Dylan and Zach had much more in common than Dylan and Eric. Zach would have been the third shooter if he never changed
I agree with all of this - especially your last sentence.  If Zack had not gotten romantically involved with Devon and if his parents were not so strongly opposed to him hanging out with Eric and Dylan after the locker hacking incident, it's pretty likely he would've gone down their path as a potential shooter.  All that's needed are a few guiding influences that steers one in a better direction.  

I also recall Zack saying that Dylan was not that great at working the sound and lights in the theater class either.  It's interesting that Zack spins hiimself the genius at computers and theater production.  Perhaps a bit of the egotistical "I'm the wizard" geek thing going on there. Easy to have the last word and say 'I pwned you' after your now infamous best friend is dead and can't retort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who was better at computers?   Who was better at computers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who was better at computers?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: