Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122900
Forum Reputation : 40

How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Empty
PostSubject: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 8:55 pm

How badly was it?
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Start reading here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and in the process, you will be linked to several different threads that cover the topic of bullying. I'm sure that there are other threads on the forum as well, if you do a search for it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 9:20 pm

There is a thread that had all the bullying incidents from the 11 K I think.So you’ll definitely be able to find them and SSCC gave you a great place to start :-)

One thing I want to say about bullying. We also have to remember everyone is different. I think the tampon ketchup and a few other things was pretty horrible. However one person can handle bullying better than maybe another person can. Just like someone can tolerate someone yelling at them and another person is reduced to tears if Someone raises their voice.

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 7:46 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Just like someone can tolerate someone yelling at them and another person is reduced to tears if Someone raises their voice.

Agreed. Some people just have thicker skin. So something that would make one person ball like a baby, wouldn't have much effect on someone else.

Especially the ones that take the "Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you" rhyme to heart.  BUT honestly words do hurt. Sometimes the after effects of verbal abuse can get buried in your head, on repeat, and lasting far longer then most physical attacks.

There is a reason some say the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body. You can break a person down with mere words faster then you can with your fists at times. No
Back to top Go down
Watcher73

Contribution Points : 55109
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 8:31 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Especially the ones that take the "Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you" rhyme to heart.  BUT honestly words do hurt. Sometimes the after effects of verbal abuse can get buried in your head, on repeat, and lasting far longer then most physical attacks.

I remember reading an article in which Nick Baumgart took issue with this proverb, saying that words can indeed cause a great deal of damage.

Reminds me of the story of the father who made his son hammer a nail into their wooden fence every time the boy lost his temper. Over time, the boy learned to control himself. His father then told him to remove a nail for every day that he was able to keep his cool. Eventually, all the nails had been removed.

The father then pointed to all the holes in the fence, and told his son that the fence would never be the same again. He said that angry words have a similar effect. You can apologize all you want, but your words will leave a mark.

Another saying that doesn't hold up is the one about forgiving and forgetting. You may be able to forgive someone, but good luck with the forgetting part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 8:38 am

Watcher73 wrote:
You can apologize all you want, but your words will leave a mark.

Another saying that doesn't hold up is the one about forgiving and forgetting. You may be able to forgive someone, but good luck with the forgetting part.

Very true on both.

After something is said there is no real way to take them back, or lessen the first impact of them. Also telling someone to just forget about something is more easily said then ever done.
Back to top Go down
Watcher73

Contribution Points : 55109
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 8:46 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
After something is said there is no real way to take them back, or lessen the first impact of them. Also telling someone to just forget about something is more easily said then ever done.

To quote an expression that does hold up, "You can't unring a bell."
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 8:47 am

They were bullied bad enough to kill people.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 8:47 am

Watcher73 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

To quote an expression that does hold up, "You can't unring a bell."

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:20 pm

It is interesting, I posted something in a group about true crime (that post was not about Columbine, just true crime misconceptions in general) I got a bunch of people saying that a misconception about Columbine was that E & D were bullied, when I pressed them they either said because of Cullens books or because a friend of a friend said they weren't. They are local to the area I live in now. None of them went to CHS.

When I mentioned what others who knew them said and stuff from the 11k they conceded. One said she felt like it wasn't the ONLY reason, which I agreed with. I said I thought it was a contributing factor. Toxic school culture and bullying SHOULD be looked at and dealt with among other things.

PostSubject: Re: How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?   How Bady Did E & D Get buillied? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Bady Did E & D Get buillied?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: