Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Serial killers who killed with bombs?

Go down 
+11
InsaneIntruder
sympathyforEandD
Russianman
Primate Murder
Smiggles94
Sabratha
UncontinuedProcess
STK
Tommy QTR
QuestionMark
Stoned Slacker
15 posters
AuthorMessage

Serial killers who killed with bombs? Empty
PostSubject: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 8:31 pm

List here serial killers who killed with bombs.

South County car bomber - series of fatal car bombings in south St. Louis County, Missouri in 1977
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

Contribution Points : 57404
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 9:57 pm

Austin serial bombings

The Austin serial bombings occurred between March 2 and 20, 2018, mostly in the American city of Austin, Texas. In total, five package bombs exploded, killing two people and injuring another five. The suspect, 23-year-old Mark Anthony Conditt of Pflugerville, Texas, blew himself up inside his vehicle after he was pulled over by police on March 21, also injuring a police officer.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 pm

Ted Kaczynski anyone?

Koltin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 5:11 pm

David Copeland.

-Lil Peep

Engel likes this post

Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72184
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 7:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mark Hoffman is an interesting case; He was an extremely prolific forger turned serial bomber.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66307
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Jez has any serial bomber reached over 2-3 kills? All the examples posted here only have 2 or 3 killed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 am

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Jez has any serial bomber reached over 2-3 kills? All the examples posted here only have 2 or 3 killed.
Franz Fuchs killed four people and injured 15 with bombs in Austria.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:55 pm

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
List here serial killers who killed with bombs.

South County car bomber - series of fatal car bombings in south St. Louis County, Missouri in 1977
Im from St. Louis believe it or not
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Overshadowed by his shooting spree, Breivik's car bomb nevertheless killed 8 people.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Overshadowed by his shooting spree, Breivik's car bomb nevertheless killed 8 people.
I don't really think Brevik falls into the category of "serial killer"; sure there was a time delay between the Oslo bombing and the shootings in Utoya, but that doesn't really constitute a true cooling off period.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Franz Fuchs killed four people.

Jeez serial bombers are really fond of numbers 2,3 and 4, no proper 5'ers or above could it could really be a "serial".

Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Jeez serial bombers are really fond of numbers 2,3 and 4, no proper 5'ers or above could it could really be a "serial".
To be considered a serial killer by the FBI you only have to kill 2 people with a "cooling off period" in between, so yeah.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:41 pm

STK wrote:

To be considered a serial killer by the FBI you only have to kill 2 people with a "cooling off period" in between, so yeah.

Personally 2 is too few to be considered a serial killer, in my opinion 5 or above is what I consider to be proper serial( sometimes I would considered 4 or above but I have 5 set as breaking point), killers with 2-4 kills would only fall under double, triple or quadruple murderers. FBI making it to 2 kills with a cooling time to be considered a serial killer is stupid and makes the term too far lenient, by that logic than some one who kills 2 people in one incident a mass murderer, sorry about you have to knock off a few more to properly earn that title.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:05 pm

It's pretty hard to be a serial bomber. Most bombers just go for sheer body count.

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 11:41 am

Franz Fuchs killed four people.

Well I found a serial bomber that killed seven people and injured six in Estonia over a ten-year period that may will interest you. The nicknamed bomber is the Bomb man of Pae street whose real name is Märt Ringmaa. You may be interested in reading his case.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 69924
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 9:24 pm

Unibomber anyone ? Boston bombing ?
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 63333
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 11:36 pm

Boston bombing was a one time only bombing.

Last edited by AmericaMan on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 12:15 am

Smiggles94 wrote:
Unibomber anyone ?

Third post in the thread.

Russianman

Russianman

Contribution Points : 52171
Forum Reputation : 157

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 6:44 am

It's not serial bomber, but Jin Ruchao 16 May 2001 detonate several bombs in China and killed 108 people. I just think it's can be interesting for you.
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 70444
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 8:11 am

Russianman wrote:
It's not serial bomber, but Jin Ruchao 16 May 2001 detonate several bombs in China and killed 108 people. I just think it's can be interesting for you.

Wow, he did a lot of damage.

There's one guy (whose name currently escapes me) who used a bomb backpack to blow himself up in a court building, after shooting dead his girlfriend, her friend and the judge. He was facing domestic abuse charges or something. The OP may find this interesting too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 12:31 pm

sympathyforEandD wrote:
Russianman wrote:

Wow, he did a lot of damage.

There's one guy (whose name currently escapes me) who used a bomb backpack to blow himself up in a court building, after shooting dead his girlfriend, her friend and the judge. He was facing domestic abuse charges or something. The OP may find this interesting too.
It was Erwin Mikolajczyk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 1:17 pm

Thanks Russianman and sympathyforEandD. Those two cases gave me a interesting read, principally Jin Ruchao, his case is so strange. And I wonder how many people Erwin Mikolajczyk would have killed with his bomb? I don't know but it would probably only injure, since it was not specified how potent the bomb was, so I speculate it was only a "suicide-only-bomb".
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 5:45 am

Ramzi Yousef committed the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and attempted numerous others, most notably the Bojinka plot.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 67497
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 2:20 pm

Stoned Slacker wrote:
Austin serial bombings

The Austin serial bombings occurred between March 2 and 20, 2018, mostly in the American city of Austin, Texas. In total, five package bombs exploded, killing two people and injuring another five. The suspect, 23-year-old Mark Anthony Conditt of Pflugerville, Texas, blew himself up inside his vehicle after he was pulled over by police on March 21, also injuring a police officer.
I always found this case very interesting, I just wish there was more information on the killer.

kordah

kordah

Contribution Points : 43115
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 11:23 pm

Too many to mention but Al-Queda and ISIS bombers in the middle east. It happens like every month or so. Mostly in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Miles Cooper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 10:48 pm

Walter Moody - killed Judge Robert S. Vance Sr. on December 16 and Robert E. Robinson on December 18, 1989.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 8:09 am

Li Shikang - Chinese serial killer who killed six people and wounded 17 others with letter bombs sent to medical staff for whom he blamed for not curing his sexually transmitted disease.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 67497
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 1:56 pm

Eric Rudolph - Anti-abortion and anti-gay terrorist who killed 2 and injured 111 at Centennial Olympic Park. He killed 1 police officer at an Alabama abortion clinic while the other bombings he did were nonfatal. He's more of a terrorist than a serial killer but I think he deserves to be mentioned.

Luke Helder - Attempted serial killer. Planted 18 bombs and injured 6 people. He planted his bombs to form a smiley face giving him the nickname "The Smiley Face Bomber". He was found to be insane and put in a mental hospital.

David Copeland - Neo-nazi terrorist who killed 3 and injured 140. His last bomb was the one that claimed all three deaths. He set off 2 bombs before that.

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 6:53 pm

James Belcastro: Also known as the "Mad Bomer", during the mid to late 1920s, Belcastro was suspected of causing over 100 deaths while bombing saloons that refused to buy alcohol from Capone.

Ilya Galkin and Mikhail Denisenko: Ilya Galkin and Mikhail Denisenko carried several bombings in Sochi, Russia from 2008 to 2009, killing eight people and injuring 46. Ilya Galkin had previously killed five homeless people and his brother in 2007.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2020 9:51 pm

Failed mass murderer; possibly a serial bomber with grudges against authorities who failed to kill:

Fórum João Mendes bomber: unidentified bomber who put a bomb in the João Mendes Courthouse in June 2001 and wounded three people. Believed to be been responsible for another bomb attack in February 2001 at the Barra Funda courthouse. Could have been connected to the Complexo Mário Guimarães bombing in July 2000. Wrongly believed to have been perpetrated by PCC.

Sources: Bomba explode em fórum e fere 3, Mensagem atribui atentado ao PCC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2020 2:02 am

Émily Henry: placed a time bomb at the offices of the Carmaux Mining Company in 1892, which had exploded when the police removed it, killing five officers; carried out a bomb attack on the French Chamber of Deputies on 9 December 1893. One person died, and twenty deputies were injured.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 10:19 pm

Herbert Rudiger - attempted serial killer. Was an American who terrorized the city of Porto Alegre, in Brazil when placing several bombs in 1952 over the course of one month. Five people were known to be wounded by his bombs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 2:45 am

Man identified only as I.N.P (attempted serial killer) - bombed the Prefecture of Taubaté on June 5, 2019, causing two injuries. Arrested, he confessed to three other bombings, one at a supermarket in January 2017, causing one injury; other at a trashbin in February 2017, with three injuries. He also committed another attack in June 2018 but did not hurt anyone.

He was sentenced to 14 years in prison.

Sources: Polícia prende suspeito de atentado a bomba na prefeitura, Justiça condena homem a 14 anos de prisão por explosão de bomba caseira na Prefeitura de Taubaté, Polícia Civil prende autor de atentado a bomba em prédio da Prefeitura de Taubaté

Edit: added "attempted serial killer" to describe his I.N.P crimes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 11:07 pm

1979 Curitiba bombers (vandals or attempted serial killers): Unidentified bombers who threw, placed several bombs in the streets of Curitiba, Brazil in 1979. They also attacked an police station, a building by throwing a bomb at it, but it didn't injure anyone. One of those bombs, placed in a cardboard at a park, however, injured four children. One of the bombs also caused an elderly woman attempting to board a bus to trip over and fall.

Source: Bombas explodem e uma delas ferem crianças, A bomba no passeio feriu 4 crianças, Apenas ato de vandalismo a explosão na guarita
Back to top Go down
Saoradh

Saoradh

Contribution Points : 37254
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 5:14 am

Michael Stone - Milltown Cemetery Massacre

The Omagh Bombing
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60164
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 12:49 pm

George Metesky or 'The Mad Bomber' - Planted 33 Bombs in locations around New York City between 1941 and 1957. Killed no-one but injured 12 people.

PostSubject: Re: Serial killers who killed with bombs?   Serial killers who killed with bombs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serial killers who killed with bombs?
Page 1 of 1