Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"enough bombs to kill hundreds"

Go down 
+2
VoDKaComeHere
QuestionMark
6 posters
AuthorMessage

"enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Empty
PostSubject: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 12:13 am

Did any one even get injured by the bombs? I mean if I remember correctly they didn't. I find that really ironic, there is alot of ironic things about the story.

I just always found it funny how they though they were gonna just blow everyone up and ended up not killing a single person with a bomb.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 12:49 am

Population Control wrote:
Did any one even get injured by the bombs? I mean if I remember correctly they didn't. I find that really ironic, there is alot of ironic things about the story.

I just always found it funny how they though they were gonna just blow everyone up and ended up not killing a single person with a bomb.

No-one was injured by any of the explosives Eric and Dylan carried into that school, much less killed.

VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60690
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 2:05 am

you're correct. on top of the bombs in the cafeteria...not a single one of the 99 pipe bombs injured or killed a single person. they did a a pretty bad job in terms of what they said they wanted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 am

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
you're correct. on top of the bombs in the cafeteria...not a single one of the 99 pipe bombs injured or killed a single person. they did a a pretty bad job in terms of what they said they wanted.

Clearly they were overconfident in their bomb making abilities. Also I consider that as something to be thankful for.

Had the plan went exactly the way E&D had wanted, then Columbine would have been the end of hundreds of lives, and who only knows how many more injured. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92492
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 7:44 am

I don't think the bombs would of killed hundreds as they hoped.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 7:53 am

Tommy QTR wrote:

I think we have discussed this somewhere on here before. scratch Not many people think the bombs would have been powerful enough to drop the library down on to the cafeteria as Eric had envisioned.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 63620
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 7:59 am

Their pipe bombs were shit. They would have caused more damage if they tied them to a hairspray tbh

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 8:03 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

I think we have discussed this somewhere on here before. scratch Not many people think the bombs would have been powerful enough to drop the library down on to the cafeteria as Eric had envisioned.
From what I can tell from the cafeteria footage when they actually caused one to explode, there was only a small fire and it seemed to be put pretty quick by the sprinkler system.

My estimates that both bombs combined would of killed 30-40 and injured 50-100.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 1:37 pm

There bombs set the standard for epic failures for years to come.
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57726
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Did Dylan actually build any of the bombs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm

JayT wrote:

Just how much Dylan was involved in the actual bomb making activities isn't known. But I think he did help to a certain degree.

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 1:59 pm

JayT wrote:
No it was all Eric.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 2:45 pm

JayT wrote:

Eric did most of the work, I know that much. 

I've been thinking lately that much of Dylan's laziness probably stemmed from his issues related to depression.

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
JayT wrote:

No it was all Eric.

Maybe I'm thinking of Dylan helping build some of the pipe bombs. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 2:50 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
JayT wrote:

Eric did most of the work, I know that much. 

I've been thinking lately that much of Dylan's laziness probably stemmed from his issues related to depression.

Eric was the "Gets shit done" type. Dylan not so much, he was known as a slacker by some.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 2:55 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
JayT wrote:

No it was all Eric.

Yeah I think so, the Cafeteria Bombs was Eric's plan and I don't really see Dylan helping as he really didn't care.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
JayT wrote:

No it was all Eric.

Yeah I think so, the Cafeteria Bombs was Eric's plan and I don't really see Dylan helping as he really didn't care.

I think at the very least he built the pipe bomb vodkas vengeance and named it. I think Dylan did spend a bit of money on it as well on the plan. However the two lists were pretty telling Dylan wanted to get cool looking gloves and pants and not look fat. Eric actually was more tactical about it.

I do agree that it was a sign of Dylan’s depression his slacker attitude. I don’t know how anyone can argue that he wasn’t clinically depressed.

He wanted to show up that day looking like a bad ass assassin to kill and scare people and then die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 6:15 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
JayT wrote:

No it was all Eric.

I think at the very least he built the pipe bomb vodkas vengeance and named it. I think Dylan did spend a bit of money on it as well on the plan. However the two lists were pretty telling Dylan wanted to get cool looking gloves and pants and not look fat. Eric actually was more tactical about it.

I do agree that it was a sign of Dylan’s depression his slacker attitude. I don’t know how anyone can argue that he wasn’t clinically depressed.

He wanted to show up that day looking like a bad ass assassin to kill and scare people and then die.

It would be hard to look back at Dylan during the last few months of his life and NOT say that he was indeed depressed. He had pretty much stopped taking care of personal needs, like grooming, wearing clean clothes, etc. He had also lost a significant amount of weight. I do believe his slacking was due somewhat to just not being able to motivate himself enough to care about doing certain things. He also knew that Eric was get it done regardless.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60690
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: @shadowedgoddess   "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 11:34 pm

no shit it's a good thing so the fact I'm pointing out a fact means I think it's a bad thing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 6:52 am

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
no shit it's a good thing so the fact I'm pointing out a fact means I think it's a bad thing

Calm your waters. Apparently you took my comment in a way OTHER then how it was intended. In no way was I trying to imply you thought the bombs failing was a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 5:17 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

Calm your waters. Apparently you took my comment in a way OTHER then how it was intended. In no way was I trying to imply you thought the bombs failing was a bad thing.

I'm not even sure who he's addressing with this comment.

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 5:19 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

I'm not even sure who he's addressing with this comment.

Pretty sure me, as I had commented on one of their previous posts. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 9:20 pm

That's definitely one of the phrases related to columbine that really grinds my gears (whenever you hear the media or people say that the bombs could've "killed hundreds" or "destroyed the entire school). Even if they had both gone off propane is more for making a big fireball than actually making making a large shockwave/pressure wave (which is what does most of the damage and throws the shrapnel better). Imo if they did go off they'd probably only kill a few people who were in direct contact and burn several others nearby but definitely not even close to killing dozens or hundreds of people and even less likely to cause any structural damage. Hell, Timothy McVeigh's bomb was thousands of times more powerful than E&D's and they thought they'd surpass him lol. Kinda shows how amateur they were in that aspect (bomb making). I know most people here know that but it irks me so much whenever I hear it on TV or in documentaries from supposed "experts"

*Above example with roughly the same size of propane tank used in each bomb. As you can see, it makes a big fireball but with little to no brisance or shockwave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "enough bombs to kill hundreds"    "enough bombs to kill hundreds"  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"enough bombs to kill hundreds"
Page 1 of 1