Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another what if?

Go down 
+2
katherinex
DooMRebel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 5:42 pm

I just had a thought for this Tuesday afternoon. I don’t know if this it has ever been asked. What if Byron and Kevin were at Columbine during that time? What if they were students. I feel like the massacre still would’ve happened but I’m wondering if they would’ve went to any lengths to get their brothers out. I think Eric definitely would’ve but I’m still out on Dylan I don’t think they were as close as their mom says
Back to top Go down

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 5:54 pm

I don't know, given that they were the shooters the risk would not really have been that their brothers could be killed or injured during the shooting, but rather probably that they could have met during the shooting. And if so, how would you react if you see your brother while you are shooting at people. If he asks you to stop, if you guess in his eyes that he sees you as a monster? If he begs for you to spare the life of his classmates?
Just because of that I don't think they would have done it if their brothers were in the school at the time of the shooting. I think maybe they would still have done it, but they would have found a time when none of their brothers had lessons in the school.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 63094
Forum Reputation : 0

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Well Eric and Dylan both knew that their friends would be in Columbine during the attack and they even said in their last video how their friends could have anything from their room IF THEY LIVE. I think E&D would probably try to warn them somehow but I think they would still do it.

JayT

Contribution Points : 57201

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

I believe that Eric would have tried his best (without giving it away) to stop his brother from going to school that day. Dylan, not so much. But I also believe they would have carried out the attack regardless.
Back to top Go down

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 6:35 pm

JayT wrote:
I believe that Eric would have tried his best (without giving it away) to stop his brother from going to school that day. Dylan, not so much. But I also believe they would have carried out the attack regardless.

Agreed. Dylan didn't seem to have much love for his brother. He even stated on his division paperwork that Byron wasn't in his life and that it wasn't a problem.
Back to top Go down

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 6:37 pm

JayT wrote:
I believe that Eric would have tried his best (without giving it away) to stop his brother from going to school that day. Dylan, not so much. But I believe they would have carried out the attack regardless.

IMO trying to prevent their brothers from going to school would have been too complicated, uncertain, strange and suspicious. Their brothers could have changed their mind at the last minute and still go to school. I think Eric and Dylan would have adapted the time and day of the shooting on their brother's schedule, rather than trying to adapt their brother's schedule on the time of the shooting. But they would also focus on the number of people in the school, I don't think they would have done the shooting when there are few students instead of 11a.m/12 p.m only because of their brothers. It was the last moment of their life after all, so they still had to make it big!
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
JayT wrote:

Agreed. Dylan didn't seem to have much love for his brother. He even stated on his division paperwork that Byron wasn't in his life and that it wasn't a problem.

Didn't Dylan even accuse his brother of bullying him on TBT?

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 6:58 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
JayT wrote:

Yes. Something along the lines of Byron and his friends picked on him.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 9:32 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
JayT wrote:

Yes. Something along the lines of Byron and his friends picked on him.

I wonder if Byron genuinely thought he was just being the typical older brother and giving his little brother a hard time but Dylan took it heart.
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 9:50 pm

\"Screamingophelia wrote:
I wonder if Byron genuinely thought he was just being the typical older brother and giving his little brother a hard time but Dylan took it heart.

I believe you’re on to something!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 9:53 pm

JayT wrote:
\"Screamingophelia wrote:

I believe you’re on to something!

Thanks. I don’t know if I talked about it too much here but Dylan and I grew up very similarly and there are many parallels. So when I think about the way he grew up and the way he felt I kind of look at the way I grew up too. And my brother really loved me very much and we’re close now but back then I thought he just hated me but he was just trying to be an older brother to me and he thought that’s what he had to act like.
Back to top Go down

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 am

It's clear that Dylan let tiny things get under his skin that most others would brush off. He was very easily embarrassed by typical everyday happenings.

So Byron could had said "Hey pipsqueak" in what he though was a loving big brother type way, and Dylan would have been deeply wounded and hurt by it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
It's clear that Dylan let tiny things get under his skin that most others would brush off.  He was very easily embarrassed by typical everyday happenings.

So Byron could had said "Hey pipsqueak" in what he though was a loving big brother type way, and Dylan would have been deeply wounded and hurt by it.

Very true and if they got into an argument, it could have compounded things. He felt bad all day at school and then there was an issue with Byron... then lather, rinse, repeat.
Back to top Go down

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 7:05 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
It's clear that Dylan let tiny things get under his skin that most others would brush off.  He was very easily embarrassed by typical everyday happenings.

Very true and if they got into an argument, it could have compounded things. He felt bad all day at school and then there was an issue with Byron... then lather, rinse, repeat.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
katherinex

Contribution Points : 61911
Forum Reputation : 125

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 12:13 pm

I wonder what would happen if Byron and Kevin got shot by either one of them.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 12:24 pm

katherinex wrote:

If Dylan shot Kevin in front of Eric he would have shot Dylan in the head.

Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
katherinex wrote:

Most likely, but where exactly is the line drawn in this type of event?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 1:04 pm

JayT wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
katherinex wrote:

Most likely, but where exactly is the line drawn in this type of event?

Excellent question. Because that brings us back around to mothers reckoning when she talked about Dylan letting four people go when  he was out of ear shot of Eric. However he let John go and I’m pretty sure Eric was right there.

I mean as someone said before they knew their friends could die if the bombs went off  and maybe  get shot at some point. Where is the line? If Eric decided to kill Devon or Zach would Dylan be like oh hell no and would have shot Eric.

Then I sometimes think of what Howard Stern said back in the day about sexually assaulting women. Well I could think of 1 million reasons why they didnt but what if one of them decided that was a good idea, would they just get shot by the other one like you asshole what are you doing????

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Screamings right, that is a very good question. I guess it would depend on just how much Eric loved his brother, pitted against the loyalty he felt for Dylan.

Either way they were never faced with that particular issue. But it does make you think on just how far  their bond would have stretched before it broke. Also on what circumstances or possibly what person  would have made them turn on each other. scratch
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
katherinex wrote:

I think Eric would be rather angry at Dylan but shooting Dylan outright? I'm not sure that would happen.

Oldmare

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 59399

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 7:44 pm

I honestly think that if the brothers were there they would have gone ahead with the plan. They thought the bombs would do all the work for them in which case they wouldn't have seen the brothers. They were both so disassociated that day I don't think it would have mattered.
Back to top Go down

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 8:14 pm

I still don't believe they would have done the shooting if their brothers were inside the school, but if it had happened, I don't think they would have been able to kill the other one if they start arguing. It would only be the end of the shooting because it's not fun anymore. I think it would be more likely that the angry one ends the shooting, leaves the other all alone and kills himself in a classroom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another what if? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another what if?   Another what if? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another what if?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: