Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'

Go down 
+2
InsaneIntruder
sororityalpha
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Empty
PostSubject: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 1:21 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-parkland-shooter-20180711-story.html

Before committing Florida’s worst school shooting, Nikolas Cruz sent text messages to himself about how he intended to “shoot everybody,” his brother told a detective just hours after the attack on Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Zachary Cruz, 18, said he found the messages while scrolling through his brother’s phone, and although he was startled, he didn’t report them to police because he thought his brother wasn’t serious, according to an interview transcript released Wednesday.

“I’m gonna kill them,” Zachary Cruz recalled reading on his brother’s phone. “I’m gonna go to that school. I’m gonna shoot everybody.”

Those words ended up becoming a horrific reality on Feb. 14 when Nikolas Cruz opened fire and killed 17 people at Stoneman Douglas. The messages on his phone were just one in a string of red flags before the attack.

Zachary Cruz said while speaking under oath that those messages weren’t the only warning signs he saw. His brother also told him in October he would “kill people” if his mother died, according to the transcript.

Their mother — Lynda Cruz — died on Nov. 1 of pneumonia, about three months before the Parkland shooting.

Zachary Cruz told investigators he was “too ignorant to take him serious” and insisted he didn’t know anything about the specifics of the Parkland shooting.

“I was scared because I was like, you know, he might do something,” Zachary Cruz said. “But … I never took it serious because … he would always joke about stuff.”

In the interview, Zachary Cruz detailed his brother’s obsession with guns, telling the detective his brother shot an AR-15 in the family’s garage once and shot a gun out of a window toward palm trees during Hurricane Irma. Nikolas Cruz’s Instagram account name was nikolascruzmakarov, a reference to the Russian Makarov semi-automatic pistol.

The transcripts also provide a glimpse into the time after their mother died when the Cruz brothers lived with family friend Rocxanne Deschamps, 43, in her Lantana home with her son Rock Deschamps-Letang.

Nikolas Cruz — even at a young age — would threaten to kill people, said Deschamps-Letang, 23.

“He’s threatened me,” Deschamps-Letang told investigators. “He’s threatened his brother, his mother. He’s threatened many people to kill, kill, kill. … He has fantasies — very, very bad fantasies of killing.”

Rocxanne Deschamps identified Cruz on surveillance footage showing the shooter entering the school. She said he was “the sweetest kid” when he moved into her home but “he switched” and she kicked him out after less than a month.

After finding out his brother had killed 17 people, Zachary asked the detective: “Could he get the death penalty?”

The detective said he couldn’t say exactly what would happen.

Zachary Cruz told the detective he didn’t want his brother to die. With a notation that the detective was out of the room, the transcript quoted Zachary Cruz saying — “I still love that fool. Why did you have to do this, dog?”

I wish I could say that I am shocked that this was overlooked. But it seems that Nikolas Cruz was just a truly fucked up kid waving an invisible red flag!  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 97507
Forum Reputation : 776

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 pm

As we now know, James Holmes told his psychiatrist that he wanted kill people for a long time.

But, oh no, that is NOT a red flag!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 166666
Forum Reputation : 1088

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm

I also have to be honest. I don’t post this on Facebook with any of my super liberal friends but with the climate against a lot of these kids who are acting like this no one really cares they’re going to keep slipping through the cracks. They’re just going to keep screaming about pronouns and banning guns.I don’t post this on Facebook with any of my super liberal friends but with the climate against a lot of these kids who are acting like this and no one really cares about them they’re going to keep slipping through the cracks.

However if a kid who is odd. Especially if it’s a boy he’s going to get ostracized and then people are going to wonder why keeps happening.

Because no one is seeing the red flags they just want to scream about guns and say well black kids never shoot up the school. Well I don’t know why but that’s not the point.

They have their own set of problems and there’s kids in general that need our help that are being overlooked

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 90730
Forum Reputation : 2925

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 4:37 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Before committing Florida’s worst school shooting, Nikolas Cruz sent text messages to himself about how he intended to “shoot everybody,” his brother told a detective just hours after the attack on Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Zachary Cruz, 18, said he found the messages while scrolling through his brother’s phone, and although he was startled, he didn’t report them to police because he thought his brother wasn’t serious, according to an interview transcript released Wednesday.

“I’m gonna kill them,” Zachary Cruz recalled reading on his brother’s phone. “I’m gonna go to that school. I’m gonna shoot everybody.”

Those words ended up becoming a horrific reality on Feb. 14 when Nikolas Cruz opened fire and killed 17 people at Stoneman Douglas. The messages on his phone were just one in a string of red flags before the attack.

Zachary Cruz said while speaking under oath that those messages weren’t the only warning signs he saw. His brother also told him in October he would “kill people” if his mother died, according to the transcript.

Their mother — Lynda Cruz — died on Nov. 1 of pneumonia, about three months before the Parkland shooting.

Zachary Cruz told investigators he was “too ignorant to take him serious” and insisted he didn’t know anything about the specifics of the Parkland shooting.

“I was scared because I was like, you know, he might do something,” Zachary Cruz said. “But … I never took it serious because … he would always joke about stuff.”

In the interview, Zachary Cruz detailed his brother’s obsession with guns, telling the detective his brother shot an AR-15 in the family’s garage once and shot a gun out of a window toward palm trees during Hurricane Irma. Nikolas Cruz’s Instagram account name was nikolascruzmakarov, a reference to the Russian Makarov semi-automatic pistol.

The transcripts also provide a glimpse into the time after their mother died when the Cruz brothers lived with family friend Rocxanne Deschamps, 43, in her Lantana home with her son Rock Deschamps-Letang.

Nikolas Cruz — even at a young age — would threaten to kill people, said Deschamps-Letang, 23.

“He’s threatened me,” Deschamps-Letang told investigators. “He’s threatened his brother, his mother. He’s threatened many people to kill, kill, kill. … He has fantasies — very, very bad fantasies of killing.”

Rocxanne Deschamps identified Cruz on surveillance footage showing the shooter entering the school. She said he was “the sweetest kid” when he moved into her home but “he switched” and she kicked him out after less than a month.

After finding out his brother had killed 17 people, Zachary asked the detective: “Could he get the death penalty?”

The detective said he couldn’t say exactly what would happen.

Zachary Cruz told the detective he didn’t want his brother to die. With a notation that the detective was out of the room, the transcript quoted Zachary Cruz saying — “I still love that fool. Why did you have to do this, dog?”

I wish I could say that I am shocked that this was overlooked. But it seems that Nikolas Cruz was just a truly fucked up kid waving an invisible red flag!  Evil or Very Mad

FFS, I didn't think there could possibly be any more blatant warning signs that could be overlooked and here we have more.

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 pm

@QuestionMark wrote:

FFS, I didn't think there could possibly be any more blatant warning signs that could be overlooked and here we have more.

@QuestionMark  Agreed! I'm actually fucking flabbergasted at the total ignorance of all the people who knew Cruz. I mean holy hell what else did he need to do or say to clue someone in that HE-WAS-FUCKING-GOING-TO-DO-SOMETHING!?  Suspect  Mad  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 pm

I agree, ignoring one red flag can be understandable. I myself would not take the text messages seriously if I read them on my sister's mobile phone. But... my sister is not fascinated by guns, never bought guns even if experts advised against it, never threatened our family and pointed guns at us, never posted pictures of her and weapons on Instagram, is not lonely at school and have never been suspended from it, have never thrown our mother against a wall, never told me she would kill people and nobody told the police that she could shoot her school. I think there's a slight difference, but I don't want to focus on trifles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 7:32 am

Neah wrote:
I agree, ignoring one red flag can be understandable. I myself would not take the text messages seriously if I read them on my sister's mobile phone. But... my sister is not fascinated by guns, never bought guns even if experts advised against it, never threatened our family and pointed guns at us, never posted pictures of her and weapons on Instagram, is not lonely at school and have never been suspended from it, have never thrown our mother against a wall, never told me she would kill people and nobody told the police that she could shoot her school. I think there's a slight difference, but I don't want to focus on trifles.

As sad as it is to say, I seriously don't think everything has come out yet. There are likely more fuck-ups yet to be discovered. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 62811
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 7:46 am

Wait, how'd he even text himself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 am

@InsaneIntruder wrote:

LOL! No clue.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 8:24 am

You can text yourself from your own phone and it would come up as your number in your text messages but if it came up as a different number that’s interesting. I wonder if it was from an online service?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 8:36 am

@Screamingophelia wrote:
You can text yourself from your own phone and it would come up as your number in your text messages but if it came up as a different number that’s interesting. I wonder if it was from an online service?

The bigger question for me is WHY did he text himself. scratch
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

That is a good question. He wasn’t texting himself a reminder to do some mundane task....

This trial is going to be so interesting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 9:05 am

@Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
@Screamingophelia wrote:

That is a good question. He wasn’t texting himself a reminder to do some mundane task....

This trial is going to be so interesting!

Agreed. This trial will be something to see. I'm just wondering what else will get dug up. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
@Screamingophelia wrote:

He was probably waiting for his bus to come or he was bored in his bedroom and so he texted himself. I don't think the reason is much deeper than that. Just like when you do work and you start doodling on a piece of paper. Except that in this case it is a kind of doodling by a troubled teenager.

@InsaneIntruder wrote:

Or he asked himself: "Hey, is it possible to text yourself?" and so tried by texting what was going on his mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 9:46 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
@Screamingophelia wrote:

He was probably waiting for his bus to come or he was bored in his bedroom and so he texted himself. I don't think the reason is much deeper than that. Just like when you do work and you start doodling on a piece of paper. Except that in this case it is a kind of doodling by a troubled teenager.

@InsaneIntruder wrote:

Or he asked himself: "Hey, is it possible to text yourself?" and so tried by texting what was going on his mind.

Could be that he was just bored. Also maybe he was just so damn lonely that he sent himself texts. Either way its just a wee bit sad and weird.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 47325
Forum Reputation : 295

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 5:30 pm

By putting his own number into "To:" im guessing.

Its a weird thing to do but we're talking about a guy that was clearly off. The point was to leave it as some sort of confession i assume.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 90730
Forum Reputation : 2925

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 6:04 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Probably to make a journal that wasn't written on papers and wasn't put out online.

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 6:38 pm

@W.A.R. wrote:
@InsaneIntruder wrote:

By putting his own number into "To:" im guessing.

Its a weird thing to do but we're talking about a guy that was clearly off. The point was to leave it as some sort of confession i assume.

Agreed. Its obvious Cruz is a few cards shy of a full deck. Only now I'm wondering when he had sent the texts to himself, and how long it was before the shooting that his brother found them? scratch
Back to top Go down
Kermick

Kermick

Contribution Points : 17419
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'    Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'  Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 4:46 am

Red flags? More like green flags
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Cruz sent himself text messages about desire to 'shoot everybody'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting-
Jump to: