Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E/D job

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 66342
Forum Reputation : 0

E/D job Empty
PostSubject: E/D job   E/D job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Is there any information on how Eric & Dylan acted while working at that pizza restaurant? Like witnesses, etc.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83257
Forum Reputation : 3068

E/D job Empty
PostSubject: Re: E/D job   E/D job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 4:01 pm

All reports from Eric's supervisors and co-workers indicate he was an exemplary employee. I do recall one supervisor of Dylan's at Blackjack pizza alleging that he hit her once after she had to reprimand him about something. Several of their co-workers indicated that both E + D hated jocks, hated Columbine, and did talk about "blowing up" the school.
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66790
Forum Reputation : 50

E/D job Empty
PostSubject: Re: E/D job   E/D job Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 4:11 am

There's a lot on it in the 11K, Eric going by Reb and talking about German music, trying to get people to listen to it. Eric apparently went out of his way to serve girls that came in.

Dylan brought a pipe bomb to work and got fired for it, before being reemployed. As stated, a lot more in the blackjack witness section in the 11K.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193746
Forum Reputation : 1317

E/D job Empty
PostSubject: Re: E/D job   E/D job Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 7:56 am

thelmar wrote:
All reports from Eric's supervisors and co-workers indicate he was an exemplary employee. I do recall one supervisor of Dylan's at Blackjack pizza alleging that he hit her once after she had to reprimand him about something. Several of their co-workers indicated that both E + D hated jocks, hated Columbine, and did talk about "blowing up" the school.

That was Michelle Hartsough. I also read in a few statements that some of Their friends didn’t like her very much. I don’t see how he would’ve been hired back if he hit her.

I think she’s also the one in the car Wax commercial who yelled I don’t like that kid when Dylan was on camera
Back to top Go down

E/D job Empty
PostSubject: Re: E/D job   E/D job Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 11:59 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
thelmar wrote:

That was Michelle Hartsough. I also read in a few statements that some  of Their friends didn’t like her very much. I don’t see how he would’ve been hired back if he hit her.

I think she’s also the one in the car Wax commercial who yelled I don’t like that kid when Dylan was on camera

Agreed. The whole hitting incident was pretty vague. Basically a he said/she said type deal. There was no real evidence to back it up or disprove it either. So who knows if it happened or not.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98308
Forum Reputation : 440

E/D job Empty
PostSubject: Re: E/D job   E/D job Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 5:14 pm

ChaotixBoy wrote:
Is there any information on how Eric & Dylan acted while working at that pizza restaurant? Like witnesses, etc.

Blackjack was very, very laid back as a job environment. Sure, they had to serve the customers, but beyond that, it was very chill. Bob allowed them to play their own music very loud (I recall someone even mentioning "Weird German polka music"), eat and take stuff from the kitchen for free, didn't care much if they were late etc.

Bob would sometimes drink too much and he left Eric in charge. He trusted the guy. Eric was said to be a very good employee, although it was mentioned that he would somethimes get annoyed and lose his temper with some phone orders. Dylan on the otehr hand would be late, leave early, forget stuff etc.

Blackjack seems to have been one of these places where friends invite friends to work and soon you have a whole group of people coming from some specific background or hobby etc. In Blackjack's case it was fireworks. One of the female employees was a daughter of a pyrotechnician and she and Eric talked a lot about fireworks and explosives etc. Bob himself was a licensed pyrotechnician and he would bring his fireworks and allowed E&D to bring their own fireworks as well. Sometimes they even put on a makeshift firework show for the guests.

Maybe its my wrong impression, but it feels to me like Blackjack was less of a job for them and more of a place to go and hang out with friends while being able to tell their parents: "I'm off to work".

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193746
Forum Reputation : 1317

E/D job Empty
PostSubject: Re: E/D job   E/D job Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 10:53 pm

I think you are on the right track Sabratha. I agree. Eric always seemed like a hard worker but it is no wonder that Blackjack was Dylan's only long term job that he kept. Except for Computer Renaissance, I do believe Sue when she wrote that he chose to leave because it was getting overwhelming. The long hours plus school work plus the plays and I THINK diversion was during that time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

E/D job Empty
PostSubject: Re: E/D job   E/D job Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E/D job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: