Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What if...?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 61526
Forum Reputation : 0

What if...? Empty
PostSubject: What if...?   What if...? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 2:33 pm

What if Eric had succumbed to his former rage and seized the opportunity to shoot Brooks when he walked up? How differently do you believe the massacre would have played out?

I believe if Eric had shot him right off the bat, there would have been far fewer casualties. I don’t see him storming the school alone (we’ll get to Dylan in a moment). I see only a few targets of opportunity until he either kills himself, or gets smoked by deputy Gardner.

Meanwhile, Dylan sitting in his car sees Eric blow the entire operation. Rather than exiting his vehicle, with his guns blazing, running to engage Deputy Gardner, he either...

A. Completely chickens out, going home to hide, hoping to not be implicated.

B. Commits suicide while sitting in his car. And with the on going chaos, not being found or noticed for several hours.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 100524
Forum Reputation : 1190

What if...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...?   What if...? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 2:57 pm

I see no way of Eric ever shooting Brooks. I think for the most part Eric and Brooks were on good enough terms and Eric at that point still thought the bombs were going to work. His whole plan would be tossed in the garbage if he took out Brooks alone.

We all know the plan b they had sucked.

What if...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...?   What if...? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
I see no way of Eric ever shooting Brooks.  I think for the most part Eric and Brooks were on good enough terms and Eric at that point still thought the bombs were going to work.  His whole plan would be tossed in the garbage if he took out Brooks alone.  

We all know the plan b they had sucked.  

Agreed. Eric had spent way to much time and effort into the plan to possibly blow it by shooting Brooks. He considered NBK to be his life's work. He wanted it to happen as he'd envisioned it. Killing Brooks would have jeopardized everything.
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 70192
Forum Reputation : 0

What if...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...?   What if...? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Tbh, if Brooks was in the school during the shooting, Eric would have likely killed him. But Brooks dodged a bullet (literally and figuratively) by leaving school early that day. And like other people said, shooting Brooks right there would have screwed everything up and Eric was not taking that chance, no way in hell.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 102756
Forum Reputation : 440

What if...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...?   What if...? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 5:49 pm

This was my view on the issue as well, even back in 2007.

If the talk between Eric and Brooks did happen (Krabbe had his doubts, so did I, but in the end I think its more probable that it did happen), then Eric told Brooks to "go home" not because he made up with him. He wanted Brooks to get lost.

The bombs were supposed to go off, Eric was supposed to get armed and meet up with Dylan to start the shootout. The last thing Eric needed at that time was Brooks slowing him down or being a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 82492
Forum Reputation : 25

What if...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...?   What if...? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 9:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I completely agree!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What if...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...?   What if...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: