Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it possible to change forum layout?

Go down 
+5
InsaneIntruder
W.A.R.
Unknown
Jenn
TheGoodGuy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 46891
Forum Reputation : 45

Is it possible to change forum layout? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 7:35 am

Can I change so the forum is black on white background and not white on black and that green text?
I ask because I am colorblind and it´s hard for me to look around on this site for a longer period of time. I can read it but it´s just annoying for my eyes,
and I know on other forums there sometimes is an option to make a different layout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 7:49 am

I don't know if that is possible.  scratch  The forum owner @Jenn can help you with this. She would know for sure if it's doable, not doable, etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 93743
Forum Reputation : 774

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 8:08 am

The text is white on a black background, not green. Unless you're talking about the buttons? And those are yellow. I don't know why it's showing up green for you as I didn't use green at all when I designed the layout. Or do you mean that being colorblind is making the white text look green for you?

If you're using the classic version, then no, you cannot change the layout. The only way you can change the layout is if you use the mobile version. With the mobile version, the layout is white with black text. If you're logging in through a PC, then you won't be able to change it.

If you're on a mobile device and seeing the classic version, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "mobile version" and it will switch over to the white background with black text.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 9:29 am

@Jenn wrote:
The text is white on a black background, not green. Unless you're talking about the buttons? And those are yellow. I don't know why it's showing up green for you as I didn't use green at all when I designed the layout. Or do you mean that being colorblind is making the white text look green for you?

If you're using the classic version, then no, you cannot change the layout. The only way you can change the layout is if you use the mobile version. With the mobile version, the layout is white with black text. If you're logging in through a PC, then you won't be able to change it.

If you're on a mobile device and seeing the classic version, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "mobile version" and it will switch over to the white background with black text.
Well that´s embarrassing  Embarassed
- I was talking about the buttoms being "green" but I guess they´re yellow. Again I´m colorblind so it can be hard to differentiate hehe. 

Again I can easily read it, it just becomes tiresome for my eyes unlike other forums where there is a nice white background and black text. And I am only on this forum on my computer never on my phone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 10:44 am

@TheGoodGuy wrote:
@Jenn wrote:

Well that´s embarrassing  Embarassed
- I was talking about the buttoms being "green" but I guess they´re yellow. Again I´m colorblind so it can be hard to differentiate hehe. 

Again I can easily read it, it just becomes tiresome for my eyes unlike other forums where there is a nice white background and black text. And I am only on this forum on my computer never on my phone.
It's alright, don't be embarrassed. I'm sorry, but if you're using a PC and not a mobile device, you're not going to be able to change the layout. I had a few different people ask me that over the years and I made a poll one time asking the community if they wanted me to change the layout and most of the votes were to keep the forum how it is, so it's never been changed.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 6:54 am

Damn..
It isn´t like a want it all changed JUST for me that would be ridicules but it would be awesome to be able to change between two different ones. But I hear you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 2:43 am

Not sure if the site or whatever Jenn used to make the forum can do that
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 6:52 am

@TheGoodGuy wrote:
Damn..
It isn´t like a want it all changed JUST for me that would be ridicules but it would be awesome to be able to change between two different ones. But I hear you.

r4911 wrote:
Not sure if the site or whatever Jenn used to make the forum can do that

No, it's not possible to set up 2 different displays and let users pick from the 2. I can only use one design at a time and that's what everyone will see unless they are using the mobile app.

When I designed this layout, I made it look similar to the original Columbine forum because when Danny's forum was transferred to a new owner, she completely changed the layout and people didn't like it. They wanted the old layout back and so after that forum was closed down less than 6 months after it opened, I created this one and made it similar to the older one.

Yes, it's possible for me to reverse the background to white and use black text but when I made a poll a while back and asked members if they wanted it changed, the majority of them said no. Personally, I don't care one way or the other. I'd have no problem changing the layout but most people didn't want that, so I've left it like this.

So if you wanna go create your own poll and ask these members here if they want the background changed to white, you can go ahead and do that. And I will go with whatever the majority picks.

Unknown

Contribution Points : 38126
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 7:59 pm

I think an app or extension may exist, that could help you change colour in your browser, so that the appearance of the forum become different.

It should be possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 46625
Forum Reputation : 295

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 6:06 am

Not liking this update with every other post having a grey background.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 62111
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 6:53 am

@W.A.R. wrote:
Same. It looks ugly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 7:23 am

@InsaneIntruder wrote:
@W.A.R. wrote:
Same. It looks ugly.
Thank you for letting me know that this happened. It's back to normal now.

joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 45325
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am

I usually browse on here on a PC and I have to admit, reading white letters on a black background destroys the eyes in my opinion, I also wondered if there was a way to change this for each user.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna horse

Jenna horse

Contribution Points : 35567
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 6:21 pm

I just want to go back to the White background and I can't
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 96782
Forum Reputation : 776

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 6:58 pm

Chrome extension called high contrast

Once installed select inverted color. That will give you the white background with black letters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maboroshi

Contribution Points : 7430
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to change forum layout?   Is it possible to change forum layout? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 2:38 am

Are there any plans to make a possibility to change forum layout in future?
I've tried that Google Chrome extension which was mentioned earlier but I didn't like it much.
The only problem is that my eyes really hurt when I read white letters on the black background, it's way too contrasting for me. :'(
I understand that's only my problem but it will be very nice to have an alternative design for people who have such issues (maybe grey at least).
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Is it possible to change forum layout?
Page 1 of 1