Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Could one of them have been swayed?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

Could one of them have been swayed?  Empty
PostSubject: Could one of them have been swayed?    Could one of them have been swayed?  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 6:21 pm

I mean through words/therapy only... if someone could have sat down with either of them.

Also out of all their friends, who would they trust most to talk to?

Honestly if it was anyone for me it would  be Eric. If he was shown a different way where he could channel his energy and feel in control maybe he could have shifted focus?

This would be early on of course. The night before I don’t think an orgy, a million dollars and Rocky groveling at their feet for forgiveness could have stopped them.

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Could one of them have been swayed?    Could one of them have been swayed?  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 2:31 am

By 4/20/99 - no.

Before Feb. 1998 - both imho.

Dylan's point of "seriously considering muder/suicide" seems to have been late 97, Eric early 1998. The pact seems to have been put in place after the van brake-in flop.

Still, I'm pretty sure this was in no way a pact of iron, each could have walked away if he wanted. Neither of them wanted to do so. As sad as this might seem, both knew perfectly well what they were doing.

I find it almost certain that they had suffered from mental disorders, from a psychological point of view. From a legal point of view, they were by all evidence "of sound mind", aware of what is going to happen and more thab able to bear legal responsibility for their actions.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could one of them have been swayed?    Could one of them have been swayed?  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 7:21 am

Sabratha wrote:
By 4/20/99 - no.

Before Feb. 1998 - both imho.

Dylan's point of "seriously considering muder/suicide" seems to have been late 97, Eric early 1998. The pact seems to have been put in place after the van brake-in flop.

Still, I'm pretty sure this was in no way a pact of iron, each could have walked away if he wanted. Neither of them wanted to do so. As sad as this might seem, both knew perfectly well what they were doing.

I find it almost certain that they had suffered from mental disorders, from a psychological point of view. From a legal point of view, they were by all evidence "of sound mind", aware of what is going to happen and more thab able to bear legal responsibility for their actions.

Agree with you on this.

In the last couple months leading up to the attack I doubt much of anything would have changed their minds. But a year maybe even 6 months earlier would have likely been a different story IF someone could have realized just how bad these two were struggling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could one of them have been swayed?    Could one of them have been swayed?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could one of them have been swayed?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: