Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon

Go down 
+4
Tuga
Tommy QTR
D-FENS1993
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Empty
PostSubject: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 6:34 pm

I'd like to share this list of mass shootings by single or two individuals that occurred in countries that mostly does not have mass shootings due to gun laws.

1995 Zhaodong massacre: Beginning with China deadliest mass shootings committed by two individuals. Two suspects, 26-year-old Feng Wanhai and 22-year-old Jiang Liming, armed with a double-barreled shotgun and a small-bore rifle, opened fire at 48 people, killing 32 people and wounding 16 others. 37 families were affected by the incident. More information at the Wikipedia article.

January 23, 1961 Krobo, Ghana shooting: Obscure mass shooting that occurred in Ghana on January 23, 1961 in Krobo. Six people were killed.

July 7, 1999 Buxton massacre: Raul Herod, 36-year-old operations supervisor, shot his 97-year-old grandmother, Angela Herod, his mother, Shirley Cole-Herod, 60; aunt Patricia Harris 58; niece, Jonelle Herod, nephew, Orin Herod, daughter, Adele Herod, and son, Rodel Herod. Herod then re-entered his house, set the building alight, and then shot himself dead.

1996 Mozes Kilangin Airport massacre: Second Lieutenant Sanurip began firing with his assault rifle at about 7 a.m. He first shot five other military personnel, including Lieutenant Colonel Adel Gustinigo, commander of Detachment 81, the counter-terrorist arm of the Indonesian army's elite special forces, as well as a major and captain, and then shot indiscriminately at anyone, while running out of the hangar. Within seconds he killed 16 people. Ocurred on April 15, 1996.

Do you know more?
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 58106
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 7:16 pm

Depends on what you consider as common and uncommon. Here's a few I can think of, off the top of my head.
I can think of 5 in Britain
3 in Australia
2 in New Zealand
1 in Holland
4 in Finland
1 in Switzerland
1 in Belgium
2 in Austria
5 in France
8 in Germany
(Didn't include the actual details because that would take way too long, if you want specifics then ask)

DanielBryer dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 8:18 pm

3 in the Great Britain
1 in Slovakia
5 in Canada

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 2:32 am

1 in the Netherlands
1 in Brazil
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 7:57 am

I know of at least 1 in India.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 5:33 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
1 in the Netherlands
1 in Brazil
There's actually at least 12 well known shootings in Brazil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 12:29 pm

I know 1 in Peru
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 12:56 pm

The Arkankergen Shooting in Kazakhstan, 15 Soldiers dead after fellow Soldier Vladislav Chela opens fire on them with an AK 74 and a Makarov at a Kazakhstan-China border checkpoint.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 57361

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 pm

TheyAllFloatDownHere wrote:
The Arkankergen Shooting in Kazakhstan, 15 Soldiers dead after fellow Soldier Vladislav Chela opens fire on them with an AK 74 and a Makarov at a Kazakhstan-China border checkpoint.
In Kazakhstan there were at least 5 mass shootings
Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 63692

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 6:02 pm

Bosnia and Herzegovina - Tomislav Petrović in 2008, killed 6 people in Lipnica - Lipnica is fairly close to Tuzla, the city where I live but I commuted from Lukavac when it happened and I had the privilege of reading his court case file in 2017 when I started my judicial clerkship.
Nepal - 2001 Royal massacre, such a bizarre and often overlooked mass shooting. Zero Hour had an episode about it. It can be found on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Contribution Points : 61126

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 5:05 pm

The mass murders in Falun, Sweden 1994 is one I can think of at the moment, but many more have occurred internationally.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another mass shooting that occurred in Sweden the same year is the mass murders in Stureplan, Stockholm:

1994 seems to have been a pretty dark year for Sweden considering two mass shootings, not to mention the sinking of M/S Estonia in 1994 as well. That is another topic, yet still worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Azerbaijan had one in 2009:

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 28803
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2022 4:51 pm

D-FENS1993 wrote:
Depends on what you consider as common and uncommon. Here's a few I can think of, off the top of my head.
I can think of 5 in Britain
3 in Australia
2 in New Zealand
1 in Holland
4 in Finland
1 in Switzerland
1 in Belgium
2 in Austria
5 in France
8 in Germany
(Didn't include the actual details because that would take way too long, if you want specifics then ask)
This is just anything that happened outside of the USA.
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 14996
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2022 5:16 pm

There was a Shooting in Cabo Verde in 2016.

DanielBryer likes this post

Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 28803
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2022 6:36 am

Montenegro had a mass shooting this year.
Back to top Go down
Kartoffeln

Kartoffeln

Contribution Points : 20038

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 5:50 am

Serbia had 2 this year

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon   Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass shootings that occurred in countries where shootings are uncommon
Page 1 of 1