Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?

Go down 
+23
Samson
scythezoid
SonOfaGunz
N.W.S. Productions
Eulavist
transcendentalauracel331
NEXT STEP UP
Bookish
asanopark
DanielBryer
haydenschool
imgview
23september
School Massacre Archives
novaprospekt
EricsToastInTheCaf
InsaneIntruder
QuestionMark
Rose The Hat
Sabratha
Tommy QTR
Jollyhelpful
Screamingophelia
27 posters
AuthorMessage

What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Empty
PostSubject: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 4:12 am

There's barely been any mass shootings in my country. Therefore I live 938 km (582 miles) north from the mall where the 1991 Strathfield shooting happened in Sydney, Australia.

What about you? I know there are a few on this forum who live in Littleton.

Last edited by eyutytuheu on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 4:56 am

Very little mass shootings in my state, only 4 in total with the most recent one being this year. I don't really feel comfortable giving away where I live, so I'll just say I live 137.4 miles away from where an office that got shot up back in 1989 used to be. 9 people including the shooter died and 12 were injured. It didn't close after the shooting or anything, it closed after two serious fires and then ended up getting demolished and turned into a parking lot.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 181895
Forum Reputation : 1140

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 5:15 am

I live in Littleton. Totally unplanned. Just ended up here.

I go by the school every day on my way to work etc

Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 55008
Forum Reputation : 60

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 5:26 am

Nickel Mines shooting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 80867
Forum Reputation : 550

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 10:25 am

Hungerford even then it's pretty far.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 10:30 am

I was born not far from Hungerford, but now live much closer to the area of Cumbria where Derrick Bird went on the rampage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 11:29 am

Although I don't consider them mass shootings, I live in Ile-de-France so near Paris where there were the Charlie Hebdo shooting and the Bataclan shooting. And for what I consider a mass shooting, I also live not that far from Nanterre, that is also in Ile-de-France.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 11:39 am

probably were the 2010 ABB shooting happened
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 83980
Forum Reputation : 165

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 12:12 pm

Recent non-political spree-killing? Erfurt.

Unless you cound the 2009 Budapest attack, where the security guard shot 2 teachers at a school he worked at. That's technicaly a workplace rampage.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 12:44 am

I used to live fairly close to where the 2017 Las Vegas shooting occurred and the Albertsons that Zayne Floyd shot inside of.
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat

Contribution Points : 54473
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 5:18 am

I live 14 miles from Santa Fe High School. I actually came here to see if I could find out anything about the shooter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 108025
Forum Reputation : 3129

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 6:21 am

Not too far from Binghamton actually.

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 7:52 pm

Rose The Hat wrote:
I live 14 miles from Santa Fe High School. I actually came here to see if I could find out anything about the shooter.

Any info about Dimitrios Pagourtzis or just the case in general is just very slow coming.

Here is the link to the forum thread on the case. Updates are posted when anything new is released.

https://columbinemassacre.forumotion.com/t5861p330-santa-fe-high-school-shooting-leaves-at-least-10-dead-suspect-in-custody
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 11:53 pm

SavageGlocker wrote:
Very little mass shootings in my state, only 4 in total with the most recent one being this year. I don't really feel comfortable giving away where I live, so I'll just say I live 137.4 miles away from where an office that got shot up back in 1989 used to be. 9 people including the shooter died and 12 were injured. It didn't close after the shooting or anything, it closed after two serious fires and then ended up getting demolished and turned into a parking lot.

That's the Standard Gravure Shooting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Gravure_shooting
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 74809
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 1:16 am

Probably near the Wolverhampton school machete attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricsToastInTheCaf

Contribution Points : 45388

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 4:08 pm

The Tennessee waffle House shooting

novaprospekt

novaprospekt

Contribution Points : 49080

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Isla Vista, California for me.

Talked to my cousin's wife once about Elliot Rodger and I laughed my ass off when she said, "Oh! That's the virgin killer!" 😂
Back to top Go down
View user profile
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 55334
Forum Reputation : 238

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 12:13 pm

I lived pretty close to where the Northern Illinois University shooting happened. I vaguely remember my school having to go into a soft lockdown because of it.

23september

Contribution Points : 55215
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 6:30 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

I go by the school every day on my  way to work etc

what's that like? Does it still feel eerie sometimes or have you gotten used to it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 9:52 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Do you go down Pierce St?
Back to top Go down
imgview
Banned

Contribution Points : 43209
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 9:58 pm

Within 200km of Winnenden, Munich and Zug. The Nenzing incdent was the closest. Dont doxx me bro.

Sabratha wrote:
Recent non-political spree-killing? Erfurt.

Unless you cound the 2009 Budapest attack, where the security guard shot 2 teachers at a school he worked at. That's technicaly a workplace rampage.
So I assume you are somwhere around Vienna? Because in that case Munich was closer and there was also a shooting in Bratislava.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 pm

eyutytuheu wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Do you go down Pierce St?

Yes

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 1:57 am

Live a few hours drive away from V-tech, a couple from the area I grew up in were killed in the shooting altho I didn’t know any of them
Back to top Go down
haydenschool

Contribution Points : 53298

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 5:23 pm

I live about an hour 20 minute drive away from the San Bernardino shooting. And 3 hours away form Isla Vista.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 6:02 pm

haydenschool wrote:
I live about an hour 20 minute drive away from the San Bernardino shooting. And 3 hours away form Isla Vista.

When I lived in SoCal I wasn't far from Isla Vista either.

DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 18709
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 9:58 am

Plymouth for me. My family were actually in Plymouth just a few days before the shooting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asanopark

Contribution Points : 25789
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 11:41 am

i dont .. really want to give my location .. i did however go to a scene of a shooting because its convenient and close by and i will probably be there again someday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 8654
Forum Reputation : 141

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 1:27 pm

Same as you Daniel, Plymouth. I actually can’t find any details on any mass shootings in wales at all.

DanielBryer likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 24593
Forum Reputation : 297

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 5:08 pm

I used to live just outside of Providence, Rhode Island. There was a shooting at Washington Park, nine were injured.

DanielBryer

DanielBryer

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 5:52 pm

Bookish wrote:
Same as you Daniel, Plymouth. I actually can’t find any details on any mass shootings in wales at all.
There hasn't been any mass shootings in Wales. The closest thing to a mass shooting in Wales is probably Aberfan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Contribution Points : 5032
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 6:58 pm

In terms of high profile ones, the only one I can think of is the Charleston church shooting, which is a few hours away from me. I've actually seen the Emanuel AME Church in person while walking through Charleston. I didn't go inside, because I feel like that would've been inappropriate, but it's a beautiful building.
There's also the Heritage High shooting, the Penske FedEx shooting, as well as the massage parlor spree killings that took place in Atlanta, but these are all rather esoteric, or technically not mass shootings... I'm also not counting gang violence, because that'd be a very long post lmao.

"Sat is whatever is other than the Gods and the Prana, while Tyam consists of the Gods and the Prana. All of that is comprehended by this word 'Satyam.' That is the full extent of this whole world. And you are this whole world." - (Kaushitaki Upanishad 1.6)

Nihilism is just the rejection of teleology.

"I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eulavist

Contribution Points : 4803
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 9:24 pm

Last edited by Eulavist on Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
View user profile
asanopark

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 9:50 pm

The nice thing about living in Europe like you Daniel is that you don’t have to worry about feds being concerned that you are going to do something, you’re internet activities may be monitored because it’s the u.k but you have no means to carry anything out.

I have to be cautious of anything I say online even if it’s just a joke otherwise the fbi will be at my doorstep investigate me ask everyone I know questions. It would cause much unnecessary drama, my roommate would likely kick me out because of it.

I know the fbi already has a lengthy profile on me in the same vein as many companies have and sell my personal info but honestly it’s the least of my problems.

Well I don’t know anything about how the mi6 operates but I assume they must be steadfast in deterring threats apart from allowing terrorist attacks to happen so often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 9:54 pm

asanopark wrote:
The nice thing about living in Europe like you Daniel is that you don’t have to worry about feds being concerned that you are going to do something, you’re internet activities may be monitored because it’s the u.k but you have no means to carry anything out.

I have to be cautious of anything I say online even if it’s just a joke otherwise the fbi will be at my doorstep investigate me ask everyone I know questions. It would cause much unnecessary drama, my roommate would likely kick me out because of it.

I know the fbi already has a lengthy profile on me in the same vein as many companies have and sell my personal info but honestly it’s the least of my problems.

Well I don’t know anything about how the  mi6 operates but I assume they must be steadfast in deterring threats apart from allowing terrorist attacks to happen so often.
Is this you criticising me or is it just a genuine reply?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asanopark

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 10:27 pm

DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:

Well I don’t know anything about how the  mi6 operates but I assume they must be steadfast in deterring threats apart from allowing terrorist attacks to happen so often.
just sperging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 10:38 pm

asanopark wrote:
DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:

just sperging
Also, I could carry out an attack if I really wanted to out here. I have several knives and a chainsaw I could carry out an attack with (theoretically, of course).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asanopark

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 10:47 pm

DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:
DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:

just sperging
Also, I could carry out an attack if I really wanted to out here. I have several knives and a chainsaw I could carry out an attack with (theoretically, of course).
it would be such a low kill count it would have to be a contained environment and slow police response, and intent to kill without being stopped in order to be news worthy, unless you make it a policital attack then the media will absorb your story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asanopark

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 10:47 pm

DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:
DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:

just sperging
it would be such a low kill count it would have to be a contained environment and slow police response, and intent to kill without being stopped in order to be news worthy, unless you make it a policital attack then the media will delightfully absorb your story.

DanielBryer dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 10:50 pm

asanopark wrote:
DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:
DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:

just sperging
it would be such a low kill count it would have to be a contained environment and slow police response, and intent to kill without being stopped in order to be news worthy, unless you make it a policital attack then the media will delightfully absorb your story.
Incel killer Jake Davison legally owned a gun in this country. And illegally buying guns exists. America doesn't have more mass shootings because of gun laws in my opinion, I think it is because they have significantly more of a gun culture.

asanopark likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
asanopark

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2022 4:52 am

DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:
DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:
DanielBryer wrote:
asanopark wrote:

just sperging
Incel killer Jake Davison legally owned a gun in this country. And illegally buying guns exists. America doesn't have more mass shootings because of gun laws in my opinion, I think it is because they have significantly more of a gun culture.
it’s really wierd they would allow him if all people to not only have a permit for a firearm but return it to him after he assaulted a couple of people for no reason.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
N.W.S. Productions

N.W.S. Productions

Contribution Points : 28349

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2022 5:41 am

2014 Columbia mall shooting, most of the Beltway Sniper sites, and not really a mass shooting but i live close to the shopping center where Arthur Bremer shot George Wallace. probably more that i just cant remember

Engel and transcendentalauracel331 like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SonOfaGunz

SonOfaGunz

Contribution Points : 5904

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 5:14 am

MSD/Parkland…. I live couple miles away a bit far actually, but I went to school in the same county though. After 2018 all the schools in South Florida got a massive dose of school shooter paranoia and anything you said if it was criticizing a school or even falsely accusing of a threat as a joke it was an immediate lockdown and swatting (and it happened a few times). Code red drills happened every week and security got very strict, fast forward a couple years later and they don’t do a thing and no one seems to care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scythezoid

scythezoid

Contribution Points : 5044

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 6:46 am

I live 3 minutes away from one of the bases where this took place:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Chattanooga_shootings
I remember the day it happened too. The initial reportings made it seem worse than it was.

SonOfaGunz likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samson

Samson

Contribution Points : 1814
Forum Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 7:16 am

1994 Tyrrell Crescent shootings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anna444

anna444

Contribution Points : 4839

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 7:20 am

Oxford high school shooting😵💫

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 22204
Forum Reputation : 150

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 8:59 am

I live almost 30 minutes away from CVPA

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
desperado

desperado

Contribution Points : 455

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 1:48 pm

Kauhajoki, i see the school almost daily.

View user profile
Sturmengel

Sturmengel

Contribution Points : 9854

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 1:56 pm

Winnenden
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?   What mass shooting site do you live the closest to? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What mass shooting site do you live the closest to?
Page 1 of 1