Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?

Go down 
+3
Screamingophelia
thelmar
sympathyforEandD
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 6:32 am

miketheratguy wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Lol

Hit with all sorts of knowledge :-)

I wouldn't have wanted you guys to waste your time trying to disprove my nonsense but I have to admit that the whole situation would have been funny. There's an animated 80s fantasy movie called "Flight of Dragons" that ends with the geeky hero shouting scientific facts at the evil sorcerer to destroy his illusions and cause him to wither down into a pile of nothing. I can only imagine that this would have been the visual equivalent of the bombardment of knowledge that you ladies would have inflicted upon me.

Roll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 6:41 am

miketheratguy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I think you were about to get hit with a triple team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] were probably getting ready to drop some records and documents on you as well! Very Happy

I have to admit - I have to admit - that when I thought something like that might happen, I would just deny it with increasing ridiculousness. "The ballistics report was ghostwritten by a random undisclosed hobo. How can you expect me to believe it?"

Again, just my goofy sense of humor. I used to moderate the forum of the now-defunct video game company THQ and spent many years just throwing out over-the-top jokes whenever I saw fit because the people there knew me and were used to my nonsense. Columbine is a much more sensitive subject and I certainly wouldn't want to offend anybody or come across as a troll, goofy jokes are just part of who I am. So yeah, if you see me making statements that sound ridiculous it's probably just me being me. Don't worry though, I understand the importance of being able to get serious when the situation calls for it. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   No worries Hun!

I along with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] do engage in our fair share of jokes and slightly inappropriate humor at times just to liven things up a bit. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 8:03 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
miketheratguy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I think you were about to get hit with a triple team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] were probably getting ready to drop some records and documents on you as well! Very Happy

I have to admit - I have to admit - that when I thought something like that might happen, I would just deny it with increasing ridiculousness. "The ballistics report was ghostwritten by a random undisclosed hobo. How can you expect me to believe it?"

Again, just my goofy sense of humor. I used to moderate the forum of the now-defunct video game company THQ and spent many years just throwing out over-the-top jokes whenever I saw fit because the people there knew me and were used to my nonsense. Columbine is a much more sensitive subject and I certainly wouldn't want to offend anybody or come across as a troll, goofy jokes are just part of who I am. So yeah, if you see me making statements that sound ridiculous it's probably just me being me. Don't worry though, I understand the importance of being able to get serious when the situation calls for it. Smile

I along with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] do engage in our fair share of jokes and slightly inappropriate humor at times just to liven things up a bit. Twisted Evil

LOL

We sure do!

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 am

The funny thing to me is, that things like this are brought up all the time in all seriousness. There are people who genuinely believe it. So when I read that I didn't think joke nor troll but just someone misinformed lol

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 8:29 am

Lizpuff wrote:
The funny thing to me is, that things like this are brought up all the time in all seriousness.  There are people who genuinely believe it.  So when I read that I didn't think joke nor troll but just someone misinformed lol

I was speaking to someone once about the case and what was interesting was I wasn't sure HOW to answer her because I think she just messed up the boys names but she said "well I know from what I heard it was pretty much all Dylan and Eric was kind of the innocent bystander, he wasn't really into it until the end..." and I know there are some people who think it was Dylan's idea and we know Dylan wasn't the sad follower.. it was really interesting because I'm thinking well you are kind of wrong but kind of not. It's complex.

PostSubject: Re: Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 8:35 am

Lizpuff wrote:
The funny thing to me is, that things like this are brought up all the time in all seriousness.  There are people who genuinely believe it.  So when I read that I didn't think joke nor troll but just someone misinformed lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  It's true that we have all seen some very strange things posted on here! Suspect  This is why I think many of us try to provide answers and actual evidence. Simply because there is a lot of misinformation still being believed even after 19 + years. No
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76111
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 9:55 am

miketheratguy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Gag. THQ?!? The people who made those godawful Home Alone and Ren & Stimpy games? Even video game magazines snorted at them back in the day...DieHard GameFan once said "yup, it's THQ and it's pretty good...can't believe I'm saying that"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 1:37 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Thanks, that's good to hear. I'm not here to disrespect the tragedy or its victims, I just enjoy goofy, dark and / or over the top humor. I'm sure you'll see it come up again. :p

Lizpuff wrote:

That's what I realized in retrospect. I'm normally joking with other forumgoers who have known me for like 8 years. At some point I realized "wait, this is a Columbine discussion site, there have probably been people who actually believe that John Stone killed the victims personally". Sometimes I forget how many conspiracy theories are out there!

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

Gag.  THQ?!?  The people who made those godawful Home Alone and Ren & Stimpy games?  Even video game magazines snorted at them back in the day...DieHard GameFan once said "yup, it's THQ and it's pretty good...can't believe I'm saying that"

Yup, the same. Until they went bankrupt in 2013 they produced a bunch of WWE wrestling games which I was a big fan of. I joined the official forum for the games in 2010 and apparently interacted with others in such a way that they felt they might as well just give put me to work and help them run the place, lol.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76111
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: TH*Q   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Quote :

Yup, the same. Until they went bankrupt in 2013 they produced a bunch of WWE wrestling games which I was a big fan of. I joined the official forum for the games in 2010 and apparently interacted with others in such a way that they felt they might as well just give put me to work and help them run the place, lol.

THQ EXISTED UNTIL 2013?!?! What kind of world are we LIVING in!?!? Are you going to tell me that they kept making Betamax players until 2013, too?

And them just giving you that job...I'm reminded of that SNL sketch where players on some game show were promised "your own show on the WB!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

THQ EXISTED UNTIL 2013?!?!  What kind of world are we LIVING in!?!? Are you going to tell me that they kept making Betamax players until 2013, too?

And them just giving you that job...I'm reminded of that SNL sketch where players on some game show were promised "your own show on the WB!"

They did indeed exist until 2013 at which point 2K bought their assets. You must not have played any THQ games past the 16-bit era!

To be fair they didn't just hand me the job out of nowhere, I developed a strong reputation over the course of a year. I was passionate about the wrestling games and engaged in a lot of deep and lengthy conversations really exploring what made the good ones good and the bad ones bad. For whatever reason I became kind of the MVP of the forum and the higher-ups began to take notice. They mentioned me in one of their strategy guides and highlighted one of my threads on the admin boards, stuff like that. Eventually they flew myself and a handful of other guys to California to test an unfinished copy of their latest game, provide feedback, and act as a kind of emissary between the company and the community. It was a lengthy process of events, not just a situation of "eh, let's pick......Idunno, the guy who plays with rats or whatever".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?   Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police Coverups, Corrupt Judges, And Secrets Galore?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2