Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What more could we learn now?

Go down 
+4
Mein Gott
bradt93
thelmar
Pixie13
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 70444
Forum Reputation : 486

What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 3:02 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
sympathyforEandD wrote:
I don't buy the "copycat" thing because Anders Breivik's manifesto is available online (as is Elliot Rogers's) which are way more convincing in terms of inciting psychos to shoot people than two grumpy teens complaining about their classmates.

Every time I see this argument I feel like reaching through the computer screen and shaking whoever utters it by the shoulders. 

The police in Jefferson County are not the same police who decided to leak the manifestos of other shooters. It really is that simple.

I know that, dude. I'm saying that the "copycat" excuse no longer held weight with the release of other shooters' manifestos online (which were way more "convincing" and dangerous). Like, how could the Basement Tapes be any worse?

"We're withholding the tapes because copycats" may have flown when Columbine was still hot off the press, but was no longer plausible after subsequent "manifestos" (including Cho's multimedia manifesto) ended up on the Internet. It turned into "we're still withholding the tapes, BECAUSE REASONS."

I just hope these tapes see the light of day at some point. I don't want to accept that these chucklefucks destroyed them just like that.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82007
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Someone just posted this link on the reddit Columbine sub
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's reporters who viewed the Basement Tapes describing their impressions of Eric and Dylan. I'd never seen it before and John Ferrugia's statement about his realization that both Eric and Dylan hated themselves was particularly powerful. I believe that Eric harbored almost as much self- loathing as Dylan and for someone to "see it" in him on those tapes makes me shake my head even harder at those "experts" who believe Eric truly saw himself as a god or better than everyone else.

Off now to see if I can find any news reports Ferrugia did about Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 10:28 pm

I absolutely think Eric hated himself as much as Dylan

Also we can still learn what Dylan was saying in his blackjack interview

Contribution Points : 51000
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 1:56 pm

I’m guessing with the 20th anniversary coming up soon we could maybe see some new interviews popping up with friends and maybe some new documentaries or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 3:03 pm

NF Are Magic wrote:
I’m guessing with the 20th anniversary coming up soon we could maybe see some new interviews popping up with friends and maybe some new documentaries or something?

One can only hope. I'm still wishing Randy Brown would actually publish the book on Columbine he's been hinting at for years! Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 3:22 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
NF Are Magic wrote:

One can only hope. I'm still wishing Randy Brown would actually publish the book on Columbine he's been hinting at for years! Haha

I don't know where I get this feeling from or maybe it is something I read but I feel like Randy may have some sort of bootleg audio/video from the viewings of the basement tapes that he could possibly leak at some point too...

Also for research purposes I think I need to know what Dylan is saying the Blackjack video... I think it's really important to understanding and stopping school shootings once and for all.

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 4:29 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Also for research purposes I think I need to know what Dylan is saying the Blackjack video... I think it's really important to understanding and stopping school shootings once and for all.

Haha

I have tried to read his lips several times, but sadly could never make anything out of what he was saying. No
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 4:38 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Haha

I have tried to read his lips several times, but sadly could never make anything out of what he was saying. No

I was asking on some true crime pages if anyone can lip read and people get freaked out because I want them to tell me what Dylan Klebold may be saying.

I am sorry you make ALL the Jeffrey Dahmer jokes in the world, you talk about Richard Rameriez's cheek bones, don't get sanctimonious on me about Dylan....

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 5:01 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Haha

I was asking on some true crime pages if anyone can lip read and people get freaked out because I want them to tell me what Dylan Klebold may be saying.

I am sorry you make ALL the Jeffrey Dahmer jokes in the world, you talk about Richard Rameriez's cheek bones, don't get sanctimonious on me about Dylan....

Honestly it was likely just some teenage boy banter with his friends. But still I'd like to know what he was talking so animatedly about. Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 5:04 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Haha

Honestly it was likely just some teenage boy banter with his friends. But still I'd like to know what he was talking so animatedly about. Smile

Someone deciphered one of the lines as if he said then he is an asshole

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Haha

Someone deciphered one of the lines as if he said then  he is an asshole

Yeah well sounds about right! Roll
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82007
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 9:31 am

While it’s not new information, it’s new to me and shows that there is still stuff to be learned about Columbine and its aftermath even years later.

Apparently, there was a tile project the school was doing before the attack. It started in the art hallway a few years before. Kids would handpaint tiles and they’d be incorporated into the wall in the hall. Other teachers thought it looked great and so it expanded to other areas of the school, as well. The tiles couldn’t have any symbols or words, and the art teachers screened out any inappropriate ones. After the attack on April 20, the school used this project as a way to “promote community healing” and private donations were used to buy supplies for the project. Friends, family members, and victims were encouraged to participate but once they got there were told that they couldn’t use names or initials, the Columbine ribbon, religious imagery, or the date “4-20-99”. The reasoning was that this might be upsetting to or a trigger for returning students and that they didn’t want the tiles to become a memorial to those that had died. Then why invite people to participate for community healing? Not the best planning on their part.

Anyway, these rules upset the Fleming’s, who had hoped to create a tile that said “Jesus Wept, 4/20/99”, as well as the family of Daniel Rohrbough, who wanted to use his name and various religious quotes and imagery. They sued the school and won, on the basis that their tiles were an expression of Freedom of Speech. They were allowed to make the tiles that they wanted to make and were ensured that they would be put up on the walls of Columbine.

As an aside, when Kelly Fleming’s dad couldn’t make the tile he wanted, he instead made a green alien one. Presumably after the blow up alien in her room that they saved because it still contained Kelly’s breath. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    What more could we learn now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What more could we learn now?
Page 1 of 1