Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

adam lanza and eating disorders

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hallywayhomicide

hallywayhomicide

Contribution Points : 8210
Forum Reputation : 0

adam lanza and eating disorders Empty
PostSubject: adam lanza and eating disorders   adam lanza and eating disorders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 6:27 am

i heard it before of the fact that he could be anorexic and that could damage his brain, he was 6" and 110lbs [i believe? going by memory, it isn't fair from that] which is around a bmi of 15-15.5?

there isn't much infomation on adam lanza as it is. but does anyone have any infomation that can pile onto this idea? fast metabolism exists and small frames but doesn't really exceed smaller then bmi 17.5 most of the time, any infomation on this, and what's your thoughts?

he did have autism and OCD so it could just be restrictive/avoidant eating disorder which is really common in kids/teen's with OCD and autism.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 44943
Forum Reputation : 370

PostSubject: Re: adam lanza and eating disorders   adam lanza and eating disorders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 10:44 pm

It was confirmed Adam had a severe case of Anorexia, it's also theorised his depression had a affect on his weight like it did with Dylan.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hallywayhomicide

hallywayhomicide

Contribution Points : 8210

PostSubject: Re: adam lanza and eating disorders   adam lanza and eating disorders Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 12:07 am

ah, i assumed it was a speculation as the way is was phrased in sources i've seen, so i assumed restrctive/avoidant type with other mental illnesses he currently had then anorexia with his depression. thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shockingdoom

shockingdoom

Contribution Points : 11703

PostSubject: Re: adam lanza and eating disorders   adam lanza and eating disorders Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 2:58 am

There was a document on his computer that detailed his reasons for being thin. He was skin and bones. Coincidence? Presumably not, I'm certain it had to do with his eating habits. Has anyone seen the picture of the open fridge in his house that was taken after the shooting? It proves how little he ate. I also read he called himself fat when he played DDR with the one guy and when he talked about having "fat cheeks" or something online.
But he weighed only 112 pounds and was 6'0 tall, it's insane how severe his eating disorder was...

Last edited by shockingdoom on Sun May 12, 2019 8:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breeding Lilacs

Contribution Points : 4300

PostSubject: Re: adam lanza and eating disorders   adam lanza and eating disorders Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 pm

The document was, I believe, a copy-paste from a pro-anorexia site. I don't think he wrote it. As I understand it, Lanza had certain purity/rigidity-related hang-ups, but I don't know if he was focused on body image the way many female anorexics are. Probably more of a control thing. I believe his veganism was based on principles, as strange as that seems for a guy who shot kids. I think a few other mass murderers have had issues around cleanliness and purity too--off the top of my head, Paddock and Roof, and didn't Klebold try to quit masturbating? I wonder if there are more.

--The Adventures of Granny, Lanza et al.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor
InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 40065
Forum Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: adam lanza and eating disorders   adam lanza and eating disorders Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 5:16 am

Probably was anorexic due to the reasons stated by others.

View user profile Online

adam lanza and eating disorders
Page 1 of 1