Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twenty years of Columbine

Go down 
+33
Lunkhead McGrath
KitKat2013
aperiogaming1
Guest83142
NotTheRedBaron
bradt93
Kerea2244
Clogerhead
Tommy QTR
Juicy Jazzy
Antarath
JustInterestedInThisStuff
KMFDM
cakeman
Sane One
slippy123
blynas
joebox97
Lizpuff
jada887
HanShotFirst
LadyStardust
Jenn
Rebbie556
macks_ant86
haydenschool
Watcher73
andthentherewas1
QuestionMark
thelmar
Screamingophelia
LPorter101
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147950
Forum Reputation : 2502

Twenty years of Columbine Empty
PostSubject: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 4:27 pm

We are now less than six months from the twentieth anniversary of Columbine. Doesn't that blow your mind? April 1999 seems like just the other day to me, but it was almost two decades ago.

None of the kids who go to Columbine today were alive on 4/20/99. Some of the kids who were at school on that day now have kids who are older than they were at the time of the massacre.

Aside from Dave Sanders, all of the folks who died on 4/20 have been dead longer than they were alive.

Is there anything left to say? Maybe.

nochcherna likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 4:36 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
We are now less than six months from the twentieth anniversary of Columbine. Doesn't that blow your mind? April 1999 seems like just the other day to me, but it was almost two decades ago.

None of the kids who go to Columbine today were alive on 4/20/99. Some of the kids who were at school on that day now have kids who are older than they were at the time of the massacre.

Aside from Dave Sanders, all of the folks who died on 4/20 have been dead longer than they were alive.

Is there anything left to say? Maybe.

It’s really hitting me when I’m thinking about it now. Especially since it’s been six months since I moved to Denver. And I moved  around the 19th anniversary

It’s just really surreal in a lot of ways but it still affects the whole community I think.

What is also hitting me too that 20 years ago tomorrow Eric wrote

someones bound to say "what were they thinking?" when we go NBK or when we were planning it, so this what I am thinking. "I have a goal to destroy as much as possible so I must not be sidetracked by my feelings of sympathy, mercy, or any of that, so I will force myself to believe that everyone is just another monster from Doom like FH or FS or demons, so It's either me or them. I have to turn off my feelings." keep this is mind, I want to burn the world, I want to kill everyone except about 5 people, who I will name later, so If you are reading this you are lucky you escaped my rampage because I wanted to kill you. It will be very tricky getting all of our supplies, explosives, weaponry, ammo, and then hiding it all and then actually planting it all so we can achieve our goal. but if we get busted any time, we start killing then and there, just like Wilks from the AlIENS books, I aint going out without a fight.
Once I finally start my killing, keep this in mind, there are probably about 100 people max in the school alone who I dont want to die, the rest, MUST FUCKING DIE! If I didnt like you or if you pissed me off and lived through my attacks, consider yourself one lucky god damn NIGGER. Pity that a lot of the dead will be a waste in someways, like dead hot chicks who were still bitches, they could have been good fucks. oh well, too fucking bad. life isnt fair... not by a long fuckin shot when Im at the wheel, too. God I want to torch and level everything in this whole fucking area but Bombs of that size are hard to make, and plus I would need a fuckin fully loaded A-10 to get every store on wadsworth and all the buildings downtown. heh, Imagine THAT ya fuckers, picture half of denver on fire just from me and Vodka. napalm on sides of skyscrapers and car garages blowing up from exploded gas tanks.... oh man that would be beautiful. -- 10/23/98

And that was on my 17th birthday. And I’m trying to think about what I was like when I was 17. Not even realizing that six months later I would hear about this angry person. What was I doing? It was on a Friday. But I don’t remember what I did on my 17th birthday.

I don’t remember a lot from 1998-1999 except accepted into college, my grandpa dying and Columbine. I remember those days clearly like they were yesterday

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Almost twenty years ago and dozens of people across each of those years would still look up to them and kill in their name. That's what blows my mind the most. I don't think there's been another crime imitated so many times at this point.

Woundfucker likes this post

Back to top Go down
haydenschool

Contribution Points : 63648
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 8:58 pm

I wasn't even alive back then and yet seems like a very significant event for me
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 pm

haydenschool wrote:
I wasn't even alive back then and yet seems like a very significant event for me

That’s really Interesting to me. And it’s weird because they always talk about that in the basement tapes that it was going to happen and Lauren and Rachel talked about something big happening to cause a difference in the world....

In a way they were all right

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 6:49 pm

Thursday, November 26, 1998

On this day twenty years ago, fifteen people ate Thanksgiving turkey for the last time.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 6:53 pm

On the Sunday before Thanksgiving, Eric wrote the following entry in his journal:

Eric Harris wrote:
Well folks, today was a very important day in the history of R. Today along with Vodka and someone else who I wont name, we went downtown and purchased the following; a double barrel 12ga. shotgun, a pump action 12ga. shotgun, a 9mm carbine, 250 9mm rounds, 15 12ga slugs, 40 shotgun shells, 2 switch blade knives, and total of 4 - 10 round clips for the carbine. we....... have.... GUNS! we fucking got em you sons of bitches! HA! HAHAHA! neener! Booga Booga. heh. its all over now. this capped it off, the point of no return. I have my carbine, shotgun, ammo and knife all in my trunk tonight and theyll there till tomorrow... after school you know its really a shame. I had a lot of fun at that gun show, I would have loved it if you were there dad. we would done some major bonding. would have been great. oh well. but, alas, I fucked up and told [censored] about my "flask". that really disappoints me. [censored] I know you thought it was good for me... in the long run and all that shit, smart of you to give me a such big raise and then rat me out, you figure it was supposed to cancel each other? god damn flask, that just fucked me over big time. now you all will be on my ass even more than before about being on track. I'll get around it though, If have to cheat and lie to everyone then thats fine. THIS is what I am motivated for, THIS is my goal. THIS is what I want to do with my life! you know whats weird, I dont feel like a punching through a door because of the flask deal, probly cause I am fucking armed now. I feel more confident, stronger, and more Godlike. I have confidence in my ability to dese(cei)ve people. hopefully Ill make it to April, but that might not happen. Ug, Its been a busy weekend, I need to sleep, I'll continue tomorrow. - 11/22/98

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 11:19 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
On the Sunday before Thanksgiving, Eric wrote the following entry in his journal:

Eric Harris wrote:
Well folks, today was a very important day in the history of R. Today along with Vodka and someone else who I wont name, we went downtown and purchased the following; a double barrel 12ga. shotgun, a pump action 12ga. shotgun, a 9mm carbine, 250 9mm rounds, 15 12ga slugs, 40 shotgun shells, 2 switch blade knives, and total of 4 - 10 round clips for the carbine. we....... have.... GUNS! we fucking got em you sons of bitches! HA! HAHAHA! neener! Booga Booga. heh. its all over now. this capped it off, the point of no return. I have my carbine, shotgun, ammo and knife all in my trunk tonight and theyll there till tomorrow... after school you know its really a shame. I had a lot of fun at that gun show, I would have loved it if you were there dad. we would done some major bonding. would have been great. oh well. but, alas, I fucked up and told [censored] about my "flask". that really disappoints me. [censored] I know you thought it was good for me... in the long run and all that shit, smart of you to give me a such big raise and then rat me out, you figure it was supposed to cancel each other? god damn flask, that just fucked me over big time. now you all will be on my ass even more than before about being on track. I'll get around it though, If have to cheat and lie to everyone then thats fine. THIS is what I am motivated for, THIS is my goal. THIS is what I want to do with my life! you know whats weird, I dont feel like a punching through a door because of the flask deal, probly cause I am fucking armed now. I feel more confident, stronger, and more Godlike. I have confidence in my ability to dese(cei)ve people. hopefully Ill make it to April, but that might not happen. Ug, Its been a busy weekend, I need to sleep, I'll continue tomorrow. - 11/22/98

I thought they got the guns in January at at the Tanner Gun Show...

Though there are a lot of signs around town now for the show being in November.

Don't think I don't want to go just to say that I went to the infamous Tanner Gun Show...

I want to find the interview with the guy who sold them the guns who said Robyn was flirting with Dylan a lot...

In Sue's book she said Robyn, Eric and Dylan went to the Tanner Gun Show on January 23.

I never realized there was a discrepancy.

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82032
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:25 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

In Sue's book she said Robyn, Eric and Dylan went to the Tanner Gun Show on January 23.

Sue's mistaken a little bit. The Tanner Gun Show they went to in November was the one at which Robyn purchased the 3 guns for them.

The Tanner Gun Show in January was where they were introduced to Mark Manes by Duran and discussed buying his TEC-9. Pg 8239 of the CR
Manes produced a receipt for January 23, 1999. Manes stated that this receipt was for the purchase of the Ruger, .45 caliber pistol that he bought at the Tanner Gun show on this date. Manes states that Phil Duran, Phil’s dad are at the gun show. Manes believes Phil’s brother is also present but is not sure. Duran had told Manes earlier that two guys from his work might be showing up at the gun show and are interested in his TEC-9. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold show up at the gun show and are introduced to manes. Duran states to Manes that Eric Harris is interested in buying the TEC-9. While walking around the gun show, Harris and Klebold ask Manes about the TEC-9, so Manes shows Harris and Klebold the TEC-9’s he sees around the gun show and points out the one he has and its accessories. Harris and Klebold ask Manes how much he wants for the TEC-9 and Manes tells them $500.00. Harris and Klebold agree.

On a related note, I have always wondered something and would like insight from others.
In the TCM Dedication that Robyn wrote for the yearbook, it starts out "From hacking and bowling to a downtown day at a certain convention", hacking and bowling were certainly nods to Eric and Dylan, so is the convention she's talking about the gun show?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:32 am

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Sue's mistaken a little bit. The Tanner Gun Show they went to in November was the one at which Robyn purchased the 3 guns for them.

The Tanner Gun Show in January was where they were introduced to Mark Manes by Duran and discussed buying his TEC-9. Pg 8239 of the CR
Manes produced a receipt for January 23, 1999. Manes stated that this receipt was for the purchase of the Ruger, .45 caliber pistol that he bought at the Tanner Gun show on this date. Manes states that Phil Duran, Phil’s dad are at the gun show. Manes believes Phil’s brother is also present but is not sure. Duran had told Manes earlier that two guys from his work might be showing up at the gun show and are interested in his TEC-9. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold show up at the gun show and are introduced to manes. Duran states to Manes that Eric Harris is interested in buying the TEC-9. While walking around the gun show, Harris and Klebold ask Manes about the TEC-9, so Manes shows Harris and Klebold the TEC-9’s he sees around the gun show and points out the one he has and its accessories. Harris and Klebold ask Manes how much he wants for the TEC-9 and Manes tells them $500.00. Harris and Klebold agree.  

On a related note, I have always wondered something and would like insight from others.
In the TCM Dedication that Robyn wrote for the yearbook, it starts out "From hacking and bowling to a downtown day at a certain convention", hacking and bowling were certainly nods to Eric and Dylan, so is the convention she's talking about the gun show?

Thank you!!! That makes more sense. That’s a part of the 11 K that I hadn’t come across. I always thought that they met each other at work. I didn’t realize that they went to the gun show again.

I definitely think the convention she’s talking about is the gun show.

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:39 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Thank you!!! That makes more sense. That’s a part of the 11 K that I hadn’t come across. I always thought that they met each other at work. I didn’t realize that they went to the gun show again.

I wonder why people don't talk about that more? I mean, I don't think she knew what they were planning but she is inadvertently sorta celebrating the purchase of the guns in this dedication. Given what happened you'd think people would be a bit more offended by that.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:47 am

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I wonder why people don't talk about that more? I mean, I don't think she knew what they were planning but she is inadvertently sorta celebrating the purchase of the guns in this dedication. Given what happened you'd think people would be a bit more offended by that.

I think Robyn before that day got kind of a Kick out hanging out with the trenchcoat Mafia and the “bad kids”

I have heard from people that she definitely called Dylan her boyfriend on several occasions. So I think one of the reasons that was pulled from the yearbook was because of the gun show reference.

I think back then it just wasn’t a big deal in the area to buy a gun. I wish I could find this article but what always strikes me and I know I’ve mentioned it before is when he talks about Dylan hanging out with Mark. Nate was really worried that Dylan was going to be doing drugs and he told Dylan that he was worried. Dylan said I’m not doing drugs i am buying a gun in and he wasn’t as worried.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 12:43 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

Eric Harris wrote:

I know it's probably meant to suggest he could get busted before April, but it almost feels like he's saying "I hope I have enough self-control not to shoot someone before April".

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:10 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Eric Harris wrote:

I know it's probably meant to suggest he could get busted before April, but it almost feels like he's saying "I hope I have enough self-control not to shoot someone before April".

Or maybe he was just wondering if he could get through the mechanics of having to fool so many people.

One of the most interesting things about Columbine is not the fact that they went ahead and did it, but the fact that neither Eric nor Dylan got caught. There were so many occasions when they came *this* close to being found out, but somehow they got lucky (or unlucky, depending on your perspective).

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 10:48 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Or maybe he was just wondering if he could get through the mechanics of having to fool so many people.

Yeah, I think that's what he meant too, it just almost feels like there's some other meaning behind it. 

Maybe I'm seeing things where there are none.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 8:17 pm

19 years ago 15 people celebrated their last Christmas with their families, but only 2 of them knew it would be the last.

Contribution Points : 91306
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 8:56 pm

4/20/2020 will be 22nd anniversary of the shooting what a weird date... 22nd anniversary 2+2 =4 4th month is April also notice the year :2+0+2+0=4 again
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 7:02 pm

5:01 pm in Denver. We’re heading into 2019. 20 years ago. It’s kind of surreal

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 5:33 pm

Thursday, March 4, 1999

Columbine's seniors, including Eric and Dylan, pose for their class pictures.

Gumball Watterson likes this post

Back to top Go down
andthentherewas1

andthentherewas1

Contribution Points : 53786
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 6:28 pm

20 YEARS ?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 8:50 am

I think Radioactive Clothing was filmed at some point this month.

Rampart Range is coming up...

andthentherewas1

Contribution Points : 53786

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 4:49 pm

That's insane!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 9:39 am

I think we missed the 20 years since rampart range. It was March 6?

I’m wondering if we will get any new evidence released?

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 11:40 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I’m wondering if we will get any new evidence released?

I doubt it. I think we're out of luck until those depositions come out.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Quote :

Yes, we missed it.

On this day in 1999, 15 people had only six weeks to live. They had already seen their last summer and their last fall. Their last winter was rapidly drawing to a close.

And only two of them had any inkling of what was to come. The others were making plans for the future, thinking about college, careers, love, marriage, children, whatever. Dave Sanders, by far the oldest, was probably hopeful that one day he would meet his grandkids.

Did Eric and/or Dylan ever pause to consider whether they might not want to stay on this earth a while longer, to see if there was something worth living for? Or were they too far gone?

nochcherna likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 4:10 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

Yes, we missed it.

On this day in 1999, 15 people had only six weeks to live. They had already seen their last summer and their last fall. Their last winter was rapidly drawing to a close.

And only two of them had any inkling of what was to come. The others were making plans for the future, thinking about college, careers, love, marriage, children, whatever. Dave Sanders, by far the oldest, was probably hopeful that one day he would meet his grandkids.

Did Eric and/or Dylan ever pause to consider whether they might not want to stay on this earth a while longer, to see if there was something worth living for? Or were they too far gone?

That is a great question. In one of the boys day planners sometime in March they wrote death, afraid? I always wonder what was going through their minds if they were having second thoughts. I think it was Dylan.

The 20th anniversary is weighing really heavy on my heart.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 1:11 am

Monday, March 15, 1999 - 1:28 a.m. (Mountain time)

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold are sitting in the Harris home basement-level family room. Eric is sitting on the couch and Dylan's sitting in a chair nearby. They're drinking from a Jack Daniels bottle, which Eric points out. The boys begin to discuss a number of topics; they speak of their hope that the videos they're making will one day be shown all over the world, when their "masterpiece" is done and everyone wants to know why they did it.

Dylan: "I'd like to make a thank you to Mark John Doe and Phil John Doe. I hope you don't get fucked." (Eric laughs. Dylan continues.) "We used them. They had no clue... Don't blame them. And don't fucking arrest them. Don't arrest any of our friends, or family members or our co-workers. They had no fucking clue. Don't arrest anyone, because they didn't have a fucking clue. If it hadn't been them, it would've been someone else over 21."

They mention the time a clerk from Green Mountain Guns called Eric's home. Eric's dad, Wayne Harris, answered the phone.

When the clerk told him "Hey, your clips are in." Wayne - who owned guns himself - told the clerk he hadn't ordered any clips. Eric said his father never asked whether the caller even had the right phone number. Eric says if etiher the clerk or his father had asked just one question, "we would have been fucked.".

Dylan: "We wouldn't be able to do what we're going to do."

They then talk about Brandon Larson and how "you will find his body". The boys talk about the large propane bombs they plan to use on the unsuspecting students in the school cafeteria. They discuss bombs and two bags of "propane and napalm", and mention Mr. Stevens and the shotgun.

"We're proving ourselves," they tell the camera and go on to discuss their philosphies. Eric says he isn't spending much time with his family, so that there won't be any "bonding" and "this won't be harder to do".

Eric: "I'm sorry I have so much rage, but you put it on me."

Eric then complains about his father and how his family had to move five times. He says he always had to be the new kid in school, and was always at the bottom of the "food chain", and had no chance to earn any respect from his peers as he always had to "start out at the bottom of the ladder". He hated the way people made fun of him: "my face, my hair, my shirts." He's wearing a t-shirt that has the words "Wilder Wein" printed on it -- he references the shirt several times during the video but never explains what it means. [Wilder Wein is a song written by Rammstein.]

Eric: "More rage. More rage." (motions with his hands for emphasis) "Keep building it on."

Dylan: "If you could see all the anger I've stored over the past four fucking years..."

Dylan then recalls how popular and athletic his older brother Byron was and how he constantly "ripped" on him, as did his brother's friends. According to Dylan, with the exception of his parents, his extended family treated him like the runt of the litter.

Dylan: "You made me what I am. You added to the rage."

Dylan says that as far back as the Foothills Day Care center he hated the "stuck-up" kids who he felt hated him. "Being shy didn't help. I'm going to kill you all. You've been giving us shit for years."

Dylan: "Fuck you Walsh."

The boys go on to discuss Walsh patrolling Deer Creek (Deputy Tim Walsh primarly works the south end of Jefferson County). The teens then talk about how there's "a month and a half left". They mention Green Mountain Guns again and how they phoned the house, leaving a message on the answering machine: "Your clips are in".

Dylan and Eric brag about hiding their tools of death -- and about the close calls along the way. Eric shows the camera a black tackle box with his bomb-making equipment stowed inside. They boast about concocting their plan under the noses of unsuspecting parents and friends.

Dylan recalls a time when his parents walked into his bedroom while he was trying on his trenchcoat to see if it would hide his sawed-off shotgun. "They didn't even know it was there."

Eric tells about a day he was going to go shooting in the mountains. He had his shotgun in a gym bag: it was in his "terrorist bag, sticking out". When he walked by his mother, she saw the butt of the gun but she assumed it was nothing more sinister than his BB gun. Fooling people was a point of pride for both boys, one they gloat about during the video-taping.

Eric: "I could convince them that I'm going to climb Mount Everest, or I have a twin brother growing out of my back. I can make you believe anything."

The subject shifts and they begin talking about several people they know. They make a comment about Dustin Harris (or Harrison), and how "everything you say is pointless."

Eric: "Shut the fuck up, Nick, you laugh too much! And those two girls sitting next to you, they probably want you to shut the fuck up, too! Jesus! Rachel and Jen.. and.. whatever."

Dylan: "I don't like you, Rachel and Jen, you're stuck up little bitches, you're fucking little.. Christian, Godly little whores!"
[Hear this and the line above]

Eric: "Yeah.. 'I love Jesus! I love Jesus!' -- shut the fuck up!"

Dylan: "What would Jesus do? What the fuck would I do..?" (he acts like he's shooting the camera with his hand, with sound to accompany it)

Eric: "I would shoot you in the motherfucking head! Go Romans! Thank God they crucified that asshole."
[Hear the above 3 lines]

Eric and Dylan: "Go Romans!" "Go Romans!!" "Yeah!!" "Wooo!"

Eric discusses "Arlene", his 12-gauge Savage shotgun. "Thanks to the gun show, and to Robyn. Robyn is very cool."

The boys then decide to take a video tour of "Reb's room" and "all the illegal shit" in it. Dylan backs out of the room with the camera and pretends to be Eric's mother.

Eric: (waves at the camera) "Hi, mom."

Taping Eric Harris's bedroom, they record a desk with a hutch, where Eric points out a pair of gloves which he says he took from a doctor's office and uses for making bombs. He points out several packages of fireworks on top of a speaker, which is also on top of the hutch. He also calls attention to a soda can with several shots through it, along with quite a few shotgun shells sitting atop the hutch. He then points out a small "black treasure chest" that he calls a "good hiding place".

Eric then points out a small bullet that he says is his "first bullet", then in a drawer he shows off a stash of solar igniters, batteries, pipes, clocks, and engines. He pulls out a black two-bell alarm clock that he discusses using to build a bomb with and then takes out what he describes as "completed pipe bombs" from a Home Base bag taken from one of the desk drawers. He pulls out another Home Base bag filled with more pipe bombs he calls the "Beta batch", at which point Dylan mentions the "bunker". Dylan tries to film out the west window but it's too dark outside; all that records is the glare on the window.

Dylan: "You can't see it, it's buried there. That's why it's called a bunker."

Eric says there are "four mortar grenades, ten crickets, and three Alfa's." He then points out a blue spiral notebook that he calls his "journal".

Eric points out a blue spiral notebook that he calls his "journal". Eric opens another drawer, revealing a piece of the handle of one of their sawed-off shotguns. Also filmed in one of the drawers are two clocks which the boys describe as "future bombs". They show off a box of "crickets" -- small CO2 cartridges, duct taped with fuses.

Dylan turns the video camera toward the dresser that's against the west wall. Eric opens up a door and points out a "Hell dog drawing" taped to the inside of the door. He says it was given to him years ago. Next to it is a piece of paper on which is written an "Anarchist substitute ingredient list".

Eric goes on to describe a "25 pound bag of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] buckshot" which is inside the dresser, but isn't shown on the tape. Eric then pulls out a BB rifle from what he describes as the hall closet (though it appears, on the tape, to be a closet in his room). He says this is where he keeps his shotgun. He also takes a box out of the closet and tells the camera that this is is his knife. From the box he pulls out a black-handled combat knife in a black sheath. He says that he paid $15 for it. Eric says there's a Swastika on the side and the camera zooms in to show the Swastika etched into the sheath.

On the east wall, adjacent to the bedroom door, the teens point out a coil of green wire that they call a "50 foot cannon fuse". They move to the bookcase on the east wall, talking about a "Demon Knight" CD case, which Eric opens to reveal a receipt from Green Mountain Guns for "nine magazines" of 9mm carbine rifle bullets that they purchased for $15 each. Eric then removes a CD rack to expose three large pipe bombs hidden behind it, which he calls the "biggest".

Eric then pulls out a black card box filled with "29 crickets" (more CO2 cartridge bombs). Eric then points to an area of the room (though the camera doesn't follow where he points) and describes a "coffee can in the corner which is full of gunpowder". The camera then focuses in on a black plastic box with the word "explosives" scratched into the side, sitting near the north wall of Eric's bedroom on the floor. Dylan mentions how Eric's parents took it away from him. Eric adds that they only took the pipe bomb out of it, and gave the box back. Inside the box the camera shows clock parts, fuses, tools, and CO2 cartridges.

They also tape a white plastic file case that holds "nails for pipe bombs, caps to be filled with gunpowder", two boxes of 9mm rounds (50 bullets in each), 12 shotgun shells in a box, another box of shotgun shells, clips for a gun, and webbing. "What you will find on my body in April," Eric tells the camera.

Later footage:

Dylan Klebold sits in a tan La-Z-Boy recliner in Eric's basement bedroom, chewing on a toothpick while Eric Harris messes around with the now-stationary video recorder. When he's done Eric moves to sit in another recliner with the bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey, and his sawed-off shotgun named "Arlene" on his lap. He takes a small drink and tries not to wince at the taste.

Eric: (in reference to the Oregon and Kentucky shootings) "Do not think we're trying to copy anyone. We had the idea before the first one ever happened. Our plan is better, not like those fucks in Kentucky with camouflage and .22s. Those kids were only trying to be accepted by others."

They go on to talk about how they hate all races: "niggers, spics, Jews*, fucking whites". They also mention enemies that abused them and friends who didn't do enough to defend them.
* [Dylan's family was Jewish.]

In one segment, Eric and Dylan spend more than an hour discussing their hatred for humanity and their fellow students, whom they vowed to kill. They name some of the classmates they hope to murder [It's unknown whether any of those students were killed or wounded during the assault].

A couple times during the rants Dylan has to warn Eric to talk more quietly so as not to wake Eric's parents who're sleeping upstairs.

Eric: "We need a fucking kick start. If we have a fucking religious war - or oil - or anything. We need to get a chain reaction going here. It's gonna be like fucking Doom man - after the bombs explode. Tick, tick, tick, tick... Haa! That fucking shotgun (he kisses his gun) straight out of Doom. Go ahead and change gun laws - how do you think we got ours?"

The boys talk about starting a revolution of the dispossessed.

Eric: "We're going to kick-start a revolution."

The teens discuss coming back as ghosts to haunt the survivors, to "create flashbacks from what we do and drive them insane," Eric tells the camera.

Eric: "You guys will all die, and it will be fucking soon! I hope you get an idea of what we're implying here. You all need to die! We need to die, too! We need to fucking kick-start the revolution here!"

Dylan: "The most deaths in U.S. history."

Eric: (kisses his shotgun) "Hopefully."

Dylan: "We're hoping. We're hoping. I hope we kill 250 of you. It will be the most nerve-racking 15 minutes of my life, after the bombs are set and we're waiting to charge through the school. Seconds will be like hours. I can't wait. I'll be shaking like a leaf."

Eric: "I hope people have flashbacks."

Eric: (making shooting noises while aiming his shotgun) "Isn't it fun to get the respect we're going to deserve? We don't give a shit because we're going to die doing it."

It's getting late; Eric looks at his watch and says it's 1:28 AM on March 15. Dylan says people will note the date and time when watching it.

Dylan: (predicting his parents' feelings of regret) "If only we could have reached them sooner, or found this tape."

Eric "If only we would have searched their room. If only we would have asked the right questions." (talks about his mother being thoughtful, bringing him candy and Slim Jims) "I really am sorry about all this."

Dylan: "They gave me my fucking life. It's up to me what I do with it."

Eric: (shrugs) "My parents might have made some mistakes that they weren't really aware of."

Dylan: (talks about how his parents taught him to be independent and self-reliant) "I appreciate that."

They talk about how they want movies to be made about their story. Eric says he wants the film to have "a lot of foreshadowing and dramatic irony". He mentions a poem he wrote where he imagined himself as a bullet.

Dylan: "Directors will be fighting over this story. I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like. We're not exactly human -- we have human bodies but we've evolved into one step above you, fucking human shit. We actually have fucking self-awareness."

The boys speculate whether Steven Spielberg or Quentin Tarantino should direct the film.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Two of the basement tapes were filmed around this time in 1999 - one on March 15 and one on March 18.

Both of those dates were school nights ... was this spring-break week?

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 6:49 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Two of the basement tapes were filmed around this time in 1999 - one on March 15 and one on March 18.

Yes. According to Dylan's (I think!) planner, March 12 was the start of Spring Break.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 8:51 pm

thelmar wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Yes. According to Dylan's (I think!) planner, March 12 was the start of Spring Break.

Fun fact: That was also the release date of Carrie 2: The Rage, a horror movie in which a bullied girl kills a bunch of asshole football players.

Another fun fact: Heathers was released on DVD on Tuesday, March 30, 1999.

Yet another fun fact: Buffy the Vampire Slayer's season finale, originally scheduled for May 1999, featured the destruction of her high school. The episode was postponed until the fall. Around the time of NBK, Promised Land (a 7th Heaven-type show about a family living in an RV and riding around the country) was supposed to have an episode about a Columbine-ish massacre. That episode never aired..

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 pm

More about the Promised Land episode:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was a really cheesy show, made by the same folks who churned out Touched by an Angel. So the episode probably ended with the "edgy" teenager bawling his eyes out and everyone having a big hug.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
thelmar wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Fun fact: That was also the release date of Carrie 2: The Rage, a horror movie in which a bullied girl kills a bunch of asshole football players.

Another fun fact: Heathers was released on DVD on Tuesday, March 30, 1999.

Yet another fun fact: Buffy the Vampire Slayer's season finale, originally scheduled for May 1999, featured the destruction of her high school. The episode was postponed until the fall. Around the time of NBK, Promised Land (a 7th Heaven-type show about a family living in an RV and riding around the country) was supposed to have an episode about a Columbine-ish massacre. That episode never aired..

Heathers the Musical is playing in Denver on April 20 and no one seems to get the eeriness of this... except me evidently. I have tickets for the 19th... still odd.

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 2:46 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

Heathers the Musical is playing in Denver on April 20 and  no one seems to get the eeriness of this... except me evidently. I have tickets for the 19th... still odd.

I love Heathers, but that is very ironic. Perhaps it shows how the community has grown past the shooting.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 3:09 am

Saturday, March 20, 1999

On this day in 1999, fifteen people had only one month to live.

On March 24, the United States and Britain began bombing Serbia. One of Eric's classmates reported that he was very excited when he learned that war was about to start. He even speculated on the possibility that he might be drafted.

Contribution Points : 55134

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 5:37 am

LPorter101 wrote:

Columbine wreaked havoc on the last few episodes of Buffy's third season. The 18th episode (titled Earshot) was actually the last to be aired, hitting screens in the U.S. just a couple of weeks before the premiere of the fourth season. The reason for the delay? The episode involved Buffy discovering a plot to murder students at her school, and it was originally scheduled to air on 27 April 1999 - one week after Columbine. Cue Twilight Zone music.

A quick summary for those who haven't seen the show. Buffy temporarily gains the ability to read minds after she becomes infected with a demon's blood during a fight. In the school cafeteria, Buffy "overhears" someone thinking about how they're going to kill the students the following day. She can't identify the voice, so her sidekicks (known as the Scooby Gang) begin searching for suspects. They assume that the intended massacre will take the form of a shooting, and there is some dialogue about school shootings that would have caused a big backlash if the show had aired when intended.

The next day, as the search is becoming really urgent, Buffy spots a student with a rifle in the school's clock tower. She storms in only to find that the student was intending to commit suicide. Meanwhile, one of the Scoobies sneaks into the kitchen to help himself to some jello, only to find the lunch lady pouring rat poison into it. So, if her plan had succeeded, it wouldn't have been another Columbine so much as another Jonestown.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 1:00 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Saturday, March 20, 1999

On March 24, the United States and Britain began bombing Serbia. One of Eric's classmates reported that he was very excited when he learned that war was about to start. He even speculated on the possibility that he might be drafted.

Ah, Yugoslavia. The first major war on European soil since the start of the Cold War, Gave birth to some of the first memes in existence, like "remove kebab", was noted for the shockingly large amount of music videos produced during the conflict by all sides, and was witness to one of the most prominent genocides since the Holocaust. It's kind of a forgotten war in the West now, only given consideration by people like Brenton Tarrant, who'd want to replicate such violence.

Anyways, I seem to recall there a scene in Michael Moore's documentary where Marylin Manson talks about influence on youth culture, and downplays his own influence by mentioning the American bombing campaign in Yugoslavia, saying something along the lines of "doesn't the President have more influence on culture than I do?", essentially arguing that aggressive foreign policy by the United States contributes to a culture of violence, fear, and hatred. Or something like that. I found it to be an interesting thought.

Last edited by QuestionMark on Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Saturday, March 20, 1999

Ah, Yugoslavia. The first major war on European soil since the start of the Cold War, Gave birth to some of the first memes in existence, like "remove kebab", was noted for the shockingly large amount of music videos produced during the conflict by all sides, and gave birth to one of the most prominent genocides since the Holocaust. It's kind of a forgotten war in the West now, only given consideration by people like Brenton Tarrant, who'd want to replicate such violence.

Anyways, I seem to recall there a scene in Michael Moore's documentary where Marylin Manson talks about influence on youth culture, and downplays his own influence by mentioning the American bombing campaign in Yugoslavia, saying something along the lines of "doesn't the President have more influence on culture than I do?", essentially arguing that aggressive foreign policy by the United States contributes to a culture of violence, fear, and hatred. Or something like that. I found it to be an interesting thought.

That is an interesting point to be brought up by Manson.

I wonder what the boys were doing thinking that the massacre was so close? The victims were sleeping soundly, not knowing they would only be alive for another month. They would all be old enough to have children of their own by now.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:10 pm

Thursday, March 25, 1999

The Klebolds celebrate Susan's fiftieth birthday.

Friday, March 26, 1999

The Klebolds take a trip to the University of Arizona.

From Susan Klebold's book:

Quote :
Early the next morning [after Sue’s birthday], the three of us set off for Arizona. Although I’d slept barely a few hours, I was looking forward to spending time with Tom and Dylan. Tom relinquished the wheel to Dylan on the second day; we hoped to use the trip to help improve his highway skills. The first few hours were a trial. With his crooked glasses balanced on his nose, and his baseball cap turned backwards, Dylan tilted the seat back in a semi-reclining position and drove with only the index finger of his left hand touching the wheel. I sat in the backseat, clutching the door handle and praying silently until I finally asked him to slow down. Tom tried to keep both of us calm, though I noticed he did not need his usual reminder to fasten his seat belt.

Little by little, Dylan’s driving improved and he ended up driving for several hours. Eventually I was able to fall asleep, and when I woke up, Dylan was driving like a pro. He seemed pleased when I complimented him, though he was probably just happy I’d stopped nagging. He listened to techno CDs through earphones until Tom asked if he’d play something for us. Tom preferred jazz and I usually chose classical, so we were both surprised by how much we liked what he played. All of us were excited to see Colorado’s mountains give way to the desert vegetation. When Tom took the wheel, Dylan grabbed the camera so he could take pictures out of the car window, and said again how much he was looking forward to going to school in the desert.

Our tour was successful, and by the end Dylan had made up his mind: he wanted to go to the University of Arizona. We could skip the other school on our itinerary and head for home. We stopped for gas and asked Dylan to pose next to a saguaro more than three times his height. He looks remote and unkempt in the photo, developed after his death, standing with his arms uncomfortably out from his sides; to me, now, they look poised over invisible guns. At our hotel, Dylan watched a movie in his room while Tom and I made an early night of it.

The next morning, as we were all getting ready to join civilization at the continental breakfast, Dylan pulled his old baseball cap, one of his favorite possessions, over his long hair. We’d made the cap together: he’d carefully snipped the “B” (for Boston Red Sox) off another hat grown too shabby to wear, and I’d sewn the letter to the back of a new hat, so he could wear it backwards and still display the logo. It turned out remarkably well, and he never wanted to be without it.

Tom stepped in with his 1950s dress code standards and asked Dylan not to wear the hat to the hotel’s breakfast buffet. Dylan argued that we were on vacation, and it couldn’t possibly make a difference to anyone if he wore the hat. I shot Tom a “don’t sweat the small stuff” look, but didn’t want to sabotage his authority, so I gathered up a suitcase.

“I’ll go down to the car and wait while you two work this out.”

I’d forgotten the car key, though, so I leaned against the hood in the cold morning air, remembering how Tom would insist the boys tuck in their shirts and polish their shoes for church while the minister’s own kids wore T-shirts and jeans. I was angry at him for harping on the hat. I guess I still am.

Eventually, Dylan came down to the car alone, his head bare. I wanted to say I agreed with him, and that it was okay with me if he wore the hat, but I did not. I only said, “I’m sorry the morning started out like this. I see you decided not to wear the hat.” Dylan sounded tired but determined to brush it off. “It’s not worth fighting about; it’s just not a big deal.”

I was frankly surprised. I’d expected a little more sputtering and complaining from a seventeen-year-old. “Wow, Dyl. I’m impressed,” I said, mistaking his willingness to withdraw from the conflict for maturity. I praised him for controlling his anger but I wish now he had stomped and screamed, giving me a glimpse of the rage burning inside him. Now I wonder if he had stopped caring about anything at all.

There was one more odd incident on our way home, which at the time Tom and I chalked up to Dylan’s desire to get back to his friends. The three of us stopped at a packed McDonald’s in Pueblo for a quick bite. A large group of teenagers had taken over a couple of tables against the wall. We’d just unwrapped our sandwiches when Dylan leaned forward, hardly moving his lips, and said urgently, “We have to go. Those kids are laughing at me.” I looked over. The teenagers were hooting and hollering and having a great time, and none of them was paying the slightest bit of attention to us.

“Relax, Dyl. Nobody’s looking at you,” I said. Besides, if a person didn’t want to be noticed, why wear a floor-length leather coat? But Dylan grew more insistent, casting quick, paranoid glances over his shoulder at the oblivious kids. He was so uncomfortable that we bolted our burgers and hustled out of there; the teenagers didn’t even look up at us as we left. The rest of the ride home was uneventful. (p. 240-242)

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:04 am

It is now April lads
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:10 am

haydenschool wrote:
It is now April lads

It may be that I live in the area now but my heart is so heavy Sad

I’m going to be going to various events and rememberances... I now have close friends who are survivors. Sad

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 10:55 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
haydenschool wrote:
It is now April lads

It may be that I live in the area now but my heart is so heavy Sad

I’m going to be going to various events and rememberances... I now have close friends who are survivors. Sad

Shocking isn't it? I was not even alive when the shooting happened (born in 2001). Next Tuesday is Eric Harris' birthday, he would've turned 38(!!) this year
Back to top Go down
macks_ant86

macks_ant86

Contribution Points : 64146

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 7:32 am

Twenty years...is this the point where people put it to rest and can finally say with proper conviction that they've moved on? They say time heals all wounds. At the ten-year anniversary people felt they could begin to talk about it, simply being strong wasn't working. They found they could reach out to others, most of whom they likely hadn't seen since graduation, once social media became an integrated part of their lives. They could say they were still hurt without any shame attached, without in-person pretence. Others took longer warm up, but more stories have leaked out over the years. Has Columbine grown-up and confined to history? Or will interest be reignited every so often and make it feel all too recent? There still are details that need to be filled and new theories to invent. So, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 7:41 am

I don’t think there’s a time limit for grief. I think people are going to have their own journey...

Is it still fresh? No, I’m sure Sue has days where she laughs with friends and Val and Patrick enjoy things and don’t think about it everyday but it’s still a part of them.

macks_ant86

Contribution Points : 64146

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 8:07 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I don’t think there’s a time limit for grief. I think people are going to have their own journey...

Is it still fresh? No, I’m sure Sue has days where she laughs with friends and Val and Patrick enjoy things and don’t think about it everyday but it’s still a part of them.

Of course, my point was that twenty years is a long time and I imagine many will have "moved on" with their lives in their own way. But I was mainly thinking that as outsiders looking in, is there an arbitrary point when we metaphorically close the history book? WW1 was arguably the one of if not the most devastating event for centuries, but it's been eclipsed simply due to the passage of time if not the severity of it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 8:28 am

But you still have people interested in it... there’s movies made a out it, so while it may have been a long time ago, it’s still a big part of our history.

It depends on your age too and if you experienced seeing it first hand on the news etc..

Like 9/11 I remember where I was and felt on both of those days

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 8:34 am

It has been 20 years and yet hundreds visit this forum daily... and on top of that school shootings are still occuring. Each and every time that opens new wounds for the Columbine victims. Memories reappear

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 8:37 am

Lizpuff wrote:
It has been 20 years and yet hundreds visit this forum daily... and on top of that school shootings are still occuring.  Each and every time that opens new wounds for the Columbine victims.  Memories reappear

I’ll be the first to admit my heart is extremely heavy this month because of the 20th anniversary and I’m not ashamed to admit it... pun intended.

It may be different for me because of where I am etc... but surely I’m not alone

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 11:01 am

macks_ant86 wrote:
WW1 was arguably the one of if not the most devastating event for centuries, 

You could also easily argue that we're still feeling its effects. The First World War was one of those "game changer" events in history, like 9/11, the American Revolution, or the Crusades.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 12:41 am

I missed a big one the other day, even though I was thinking about it.

Eric's last journal entry:

Quote :
Months have passed. Its the first Friday night in the final month. much shit has happened. Vodka has a Tec 9, we test fired all of our babies, we have 6 time clocks ready, 39 crickets, 24 pipe bombs, and the napalm is under construction. Right now I'm trying to get fucked and trying to finish off these time bombs. NBK came quick. why the fuck cant I get any? I mean, I'm nice and considerate and all that shit, but nooooo. I think I try to hard. but I kinda need to considering NBK is closing in. The amount of dramatic irony and foreshadowing is fucking amazing. Everything I see and I hear I incorporate into NBK somehow. Either bombs, clocks, guns, napalm, killing people, any and everything finds some tie to it. feels like a Goddamn movie sometimes. I wanna try to put some mines and trip bombs around this town too maybe. Get a few extra flags on the scoreboard. I hate you people for leaving me out of so many fun things. And no don't fucking say, "well thats your fault" because it isnt, you people had my phone #, and I asked and all, but no. no no no dont let the weird looking Eric KID come along, ohh fucking nooo. - 4/3/99

As Alan Prendergast wrote:

Quote :
That is how the journal ends -- not with the howl of the wolf-god, but the whine of the pathetic geek who can't land a prom date.

And decides everybody deserves to die.

Small nit: Eric says that he is writing on "the first Friday night in the final month." In 1999, April 3 was the first Saturday of the month (and the day between Good Friday and Easter). Maybe he was up after midnight.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 12:44 am

The following two come from A Columbine Site:

Friday, April 2, 1999

Eric Harris spoke with Staff Sergeant Mark Gonzales about joining the Marines. Harris indicated that he'd thought college but said that he was interested the Marine Corps. After sharing some personal details with the Staff Sergeant (including his plans after graduation and telling him that he had never done drugs), Eric was scheduled for further interview and testing.

Monday, April 5, 1999

Eric Harris showed up for his scheduled testing on time, driving a car with a Rammstein sticker in the back window. He was wearing black pants, black combat boots, and a black t-shirt with the word "Rammstein" on the front. He scored average on the initial screening test. At the end of the interviews he told the recruiting officer that he wanted to think about enlisting and that he also wished to talk the matter over with his parents.

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Twenty years of Columbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twenty years of Columbine
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next