Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remorse?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68350
Forum Reputation : 255

Remorse? Empty
PostSubject: Remorse?   Remorse? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 11:45 am

All in all I see D&E's tactics a bit odd.

For almost a year they have planned this day and it finally came. They wrote and filmed about how excited they were for it. Sure their bombs didn't go off as planned but they still had guns and pipe bombs.

I can't remember the numbers off hand but in the basement tapes they mention how much ammo they have and its quite a bit.

After they shot a few people in the library they were reported roaming the halls, almost aimlessly before returning to the library. They were shooting lockers and shooting up an empty classroom. They even looked into some of the rooms with kids in it but made no attempt to go in or shoot the glass out to try to kill more.

Do you think half way through they started to feel remorse for what they did? Or maybe just reality kicked them and what they have already did was enough for them?

TBH if I was in that state of mind in that situation, it didn't really seem there was rhyme or reason to who they were shooting. Why not just shoot everyone in the library one by one, there was close to 40 people in there when they entered.

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95449
Forum Reputation : 1190

Remorse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remorse?   Remorse? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 11:51 am

I think it was a mixture of things. The bombs did not work, I don't think shooting was all they thought it would be, killing was not what they thought it would be, and the cops were showing up. I don't think they knew that the cops were just going to wait around outside for a long time. I think they knew time was dwindling down. And no matter what they wanted to do with suicide, I do think knowing that you are going to have to kill yourself soon is a scary concept.

joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68350
Forum Reputation : 255

Remorse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remorse?   Remorse? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 11:52 am

Lizpuff wrote:
I think it was a mixture of things.  The bombs did not work, I don't think shooting was all they thought it would be, killing was not what they thought it would be, and the cops were showing up.  I don't think they knew that the cops were just going to wait around outside for a long time.  I think they knew time was dwindling down.  And no matter what they wanted to do with suicide, I do think knowing that you are going to have to kill yourself soon is a scary concept.

Very true, good points there
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79197
Forum Reputation : 1491

Remorse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remorse?   Remorse? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 4:14 pm

I think they had to be wary of police during the wandering period. I admittedly don't know shit, but that always seems left out, and that's my guess for the dominant emotion during the wandering period, not remorse. For one, Eric quoted "feel no remorse, no sense of shame" from "Anarchy" multiple times. I can't imagine they predicted the cops wouldn't rush in, but sometimes it seems like that's how the massacre is imagined.

In the library they were saying things like "cover me" and there were just kids in there. Contra depictions like say Zero Hour, I think there was a lot more watching your back in the halls. I don't have the knowledge of the lay out of the school to say it with confidence, but I think that might be why they were wandering. To find if or where the cops were, checking exits, etc, and assuming they had already entered. They wanted to kill cops, and the vision was not just shooting them from such a distance such that they never even hit one.

I also speculate that they still thought the bombs would go off and collapse the library during the library massacre. If that's true, they would have been a lot more confident about facing the cops while in the library - and in fact the kids in there state they entered with confidence, and a lot less while roaming the halls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remorse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remorse?   Remorse? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remorse?
Page 1 of 1