Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future

Go down 
+2
Screamingophelia
joebox97
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68325
Forum Reputation : 255

If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Empty
PostSubject: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 1:45 pm

I went through hell during high school. Mostly the first 2 years before I switched schools. Total severe depression, suicidal, etc.

Fast forward almost a decade later and I'm doing 100% times better, shit in my life still sucks but for the most part i'm doing good enough not to think like I did in those horrible early years.

If I could of seen a peak of what I was going to become and be like almost a decade later I probably would of snapped out of all the depression.

I wonder if Eric & Dylan would of forgot about shooting the school up if they could of seen a peak of their future. I think both of them would of became something great and would of enjoyed all of this technology that has came out like games and VR and whatnot.

Do you think seeing a peak of their future would of changed their thoughts on NBK?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 2:34 pm

it depends on what they saw and what their life would have been like. What if Dylan saw an even bleaker existence? What is Eric saw that he would have gone on to do a larger act of violence and decided to wait until he got older and had more money to carry something out. That is assuming that Eric would have done something like that in general... I don't think he would have without Dylan and vice versa...

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 5:38 pm

I'm thinking no, if Eric and Dylan actually cared about getting a shot at having a happier life they wouldn't have committed the attack. I feel like they knew what they were throwing away but decided that killing loads of people would've been worth it.

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 6:16 pm

I think that Dylan would have become an hero on his own later on and that Eric might have commited a more sucsessful bombing/shooting spree, like Anders Brievik.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
I think that Dylan would have become an hero on his own later on and that Eric might have commited a more sucsessful bombing/shooting spree, like Anders Brievik.

I've sort of thought recently that if Dylan had gone to college and given it a chance he would've tried shooting it up, probably do something like walk into a random classroom and kill at random before shooting himself.

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
it depends on what they saw and what their life would have been like. What if Dylan saw an even bleaker existence? What is Eric saw that he would have gone on to do a larger act of violence and decided to wait until he got older and had more money to carry something out. That is assuming that Eric would have done something like that in general... I don't think he would have without Dylan and vice versa...

I do agree that one without the other would have almost completely assured that neither would have been able to do the things they did at that given time.  I know I have said this countless times before, but in my opinion Dylan was the worse off of the two. Without some type of intervention, some type of help, meds, etc.  I truly think he would have eventually gotten over his hangup of dying alone, of dying without some grand atrocity to force his hand etc. He would have killed himself sooner or later if nothing changed in his life.

Eric on the other hand had more of a chance to possibly turn his life around had he been given some very intensive help with his clear issues with anger. In my opinion Eric was seething with rage but also equal amounts of loneliness and hopelessness. He was confused about the world and of his worth or place in it. But he also hated the world and himself. He also talked of being better then everyone with his self awareness bull. He hated everything but also imitated things that he said he hated. I have said this many times as well, but Eric was a walking, talking contradiction. The kid was just a very confused soul, as was Dylan. I can see Eric possibly getting older and finally one day lashing out. Whether it would have been a blowup at work, or a blowup at his wife/GF. Especially if he never addressed the fact that the things in his head were very twisted and wrong.  

Either way it is abundantly clear that BOTH needed help, sadly neither received it. It really is disheartening to think how things would have been different for SO many lives had E&D been found out, had been stopped, had been helped. No
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 10:32 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Either way it is abundantly clear that BOTH needed help, sadly neither received it.

I don't think Dylan wanted any help though. It is very hard to help someone who doesn't want it.

I'd like to elaborate further one day but I think Dylan identified his problems as being 100% external, and that there were no real problems with himself.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 10:49 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Either way it is abundantly clear that BOTH needed help, sadly neither received it.

I don't think Dylan wanted any help though. It is very hard to help someone who doesn't want it.

I'd like to elaborate further one day but I think Dylan identified his problems as being 100% external, and that there were no real problems with himself.

I would love to hear more about that.

I can see where you are coming from but there is one line that I always think about when he writes "when did this entity take me over" paraphrasing.

He was also trying to fix whatever problems he was having with St.Johns Wort, alcohol... etc... so something was going on there.

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 11:08 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I can see where you are coming from but there is one line that I always think about when he writes "when did this entity take me over" paraphrasing.

He was also trying to fix whatever problems he was having with St.Johns Wort, alcohol... etc... so something was going on there.

Exactly! I think Dylan was well aware that something was wrong. It is possible that he couldn't or wouldn't ask for help simply because as Sue said a number of times he was a very self sufficient person, very independent, etc. He maybe was just embarrassed that he was having these thoughts at all and couldn't control them on his own.

BUT I think he did try to self medicate with the St. Johns Wort. He would have had to actively research the herb to even know that it is said to help very mild issues, to give you a mood boost etc. Sadly the St. Johns Wort would have done NOTHING for the type of depression Dylan had.  I think he did likely try to drink away what he was experiencing too. The alcohol would have only been a very short lived fix, if it didn't make matters worse.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 11:27 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Exactly! I think Dylan was well aware that something was wrong. It is possible that he couldn't or wouldn't ask for help simply because as Sue said a number of times he was a very self sufficient person, very independent, etc. He maybe was just embarrassed that he was having these thoughts at all and couldn't control them on his own.

BUT I think he did try to self medicate with the St. Johns Wort. He would have had to actively research the herb to even know that it is said to help very mild issues, to give you a mood boost etc. Sadly the St. Johns Wort would have done NOTHING for the type of depression Dylan had.  I think he did likely try to drink away what he was experiencing too. The alcohol would have only been a very short lived fix, if it didn't make matters worse.

I don't remember exactly where I heard this but I think he either got really weepy or super hyper and silly... he also was smoking pot and may have taken a few other things towards the end, I only say that because I think Nate and some teachers said he was either falling asleep or really hyper.

He absolutely had more than just depression, this is coming from a layman of course but depression was part of it.

Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 63587
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 11:29 am

Quote :

Wow I didn't know that. I tried St. Johns Wort when I was a depressed teen. They were capsules and they smelled god awful.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 11:36 am

HanShotFirst wrote:
Quote :

Wow I didn't know that. I tried St. Johns Wort when I was a depressed teen. They were capsules and they smelled god awful.

Sue found it in his room after he died, when she started cleaning his room out.

I think she had said it took them 3 years to change his room into a guest room.

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68325
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:12 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
HanShotFirst wrote:
Quote :

Sue found it in his room after he died, when she started cleaning his room out.

I think she had said it took them 3 years to change his room into a guest room.

Can't imagine how hard that would be, especially for parents to go through their childs stuff and to "erase" it. I would probably keep it untouched for a long time if I was in that situation.

How long did they live there after the shooting? Is the house still up? I haven't read into much about the klebold home
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:14 pm

As far as I know Sue lived there until the divorce and I think Tom may still live there.

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
As far as I know Sue lived there until the divorce and I think Tom may still live there.
I'm positive Tom is still living there. Or was as of recently.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 1:04 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I would love to hear more about that.

I won't go into full detail just yet but I think the talk about an "entity" taking him over was sort of his way of describing how his homicidal and suicidal thoughts not only started developing but started consuming him. I think initially he was confused and fearful of his violent thoughts towards himself and others, but as time went on he started becoming more comfortable with them and obviously at the end of his life embraced it and considered it a part of who he was.

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 7:31 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  You live close by, go ask to borrow a cup of sugar! LOL!  I'm KIDDING of course! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 am

Lol!

Can you imagine.

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 7:40 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Lol!

Can you imagine.

Well it would be one way to see who lived there.... scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
rae21

Contribution Points : 48446
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 9:14 pm

Not necessarily, if they could see how all of this technology has taken over society and is making people even dumber than they already were.
Back to top Go down
rebel2013

Contribution Points : 102985
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 12:56 am

I remember reading about Dylan was really weepy when he was drinking, cried on the phone with either Zach or nate about girls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future   If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Eric & Dylan could of peaked at the future
Page 1 of 1