Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book

Go down 
+5
sympathyforEandD
whyno
Lizpuff
Screamingophelia
Kev7382
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kev7382

Contribution Points : 50262
Forum Reputation : 0

I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Empty
PostSubject: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 2:12 pm

I suspect this won't be a popular opinion but I just finished AMR and I felt way more sorry for Sue before reading this book. To me she comes off as quit narcissistic. It seems like it's all about keeping up appearances rather than dealing with actual problems. If I were Dylan I wouldn't have talked to her about my depression either, she would just brush it under the rug. She is self admittedly obsessed with acceptance and respect so of course Dylan would he ashamed of anything he perceived as wrong with himself. She makes excuse after excuse for her family without actually acknowledging "hey we may have a real problem here". I was shocked that she actually upset that he got a 5 day suspension for stealing locker combos because as she said he was punished like he had brought a weapon to school... YOU MEAN THAT THING HE TOTALLY DID TO EVENTUALLY! It I were a parent of a victim I would have been irate at reading that. And being upset that he would no longer be allowed to work with the school computer systems?? Well no shit! If a bank teller steals money from the bank they probably would get fired too. Celebrating early release from diversionary school?? I would have been grounded until I left for college for committing a felony crime!

The signs were definitely there! Combo theft, a felony, and vandalism?? She seemed to be more upset at the punishments Dylan received than the fact that he committed acts that created the need for these punishments in the first place.

This does NOT mean I blame sue or any other parent at all. The only 2 people truly responsible were Eric and Dylan. Parents miss signs like this all of the time, fortunately they rarely end up as school shooters. That does not change the fact that signs were certainly there.

Oh and it being impossible for him to hate Jews since he was part Jewish?? Come on read some history that happens all the time. If people hate a part of themselves they are more likely to hate that same trait in other people. Hell it happens all the time in fiction too.

Last edited by Kev7382 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 2:55 pm

Kev7382 wrote:
I suspect this won't be a popular opinion but I just finished AMR and I felt way more sorry for Sue before reading this book.  To me she comes off as quit narcissistic.  It seems like it's all about keeping up appearances rather than dealing with actual problems.  If I were Dylan I wouldn't have talked to her about my depression either, she would just brush it under the rug.  She is self admittedly obsessed with acceptance and respect so of course Dylan would he ashamed of anything he perceived as wrong with himself.  She makes excuse after excuse for her family without actually acknowledging "hey we may have a real problem here".  I was shocked that she actually upset that he got a 5 day suspension for stealing locker combos because as she said he was punished like he had brought a weapon to school... YOU MEAN THAT THING HE TOTALLY DID TO EVENTUALLY!  It I were a parent of a victim I would have been irate at reading that.  And being upset that he would no longer be allowed to work with the school computer systems??  Well no shit!  If a bank teller steals money from the bank they probably would get fired too.  Celebrating early release from diversionary school??  I would have been grounded until I left for college for committing a felony crime!  

The signs were definitely there!  Combo theft, a felony, vandalism, a dui??  She seemed to be more upset at the punishments Dylan received than the fact that he committed acts that created the need for these punishments in the first place.

This does NOT mean I blame sue or any other parent at all.  The only 2 people truly responsible were Eric and Dylan.  Parents miss signs like this all of the time, fortunately they rarely end up as school shooters.  That does not change the fact that signs were certainly there.

Oh and it being impossible for him to hate Jews since he was part Jewish??  Come on read some history that happens all the time.  If people hate a part of themselves they are more likely to hate that same trait in other people.  Hell it happens all the time in fiction too.

I want to Respond (I will in a bit Smile but you mentioned a DUI and I saw that a couple different places but in the book Dylan never got a DUI And it’s not in his juvenile records, it looks like he just got a speeding ticket...

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Kev7382 wrote:
I suspect this won't be a popular opinion but I just finished AMR and I felt way more sorry for Sue before reading this book.  To me she comes off as quit narcissistic.  It seems like it's all about keeping up appearances rather than dealing with actual problems.  If I were Dylan I wouldn't have talked to her about my depression either, she would just brush it under the rug.  She is self admittedly obsessed with acceptance and respect so of course Dylan would he ashamed of anything he perceived as wrong with himself.  She makes excuse after excuse for her family without actually acknowledging "hey we may have a real problem here".  I was shocked that she actually upset that he got a 5 day suspension for stealing locker combos because as she said he was punished like he had brought a weapon to school... YOU MEAN THAT THING HE TOTALLY DID TO EVENTUALLY!  It I were a parent of a victim I would have been irate at reading that.  And being upset that he would no longer be allowed to work with the school computer systems??  Well no shit!  If a bank teller steals money from the bank they probably would get fired too.  Celebrating early release from diversionary school??  I would have been grounded until I left for college for committing a felony crime!  

The signs were definitely there!  Combo theft, a felony, vandalism, a dui??  She seemed to be more upset at the punishments Dylan received than the fact that he committed acts that created the need for these punishments in the first place.

This does NOT mean I blame sue or any other parent at all.  The only 2 people truly responsible were Eric and Dylan.  Parents miss signs like this all of the time, fortunately they rarely end up as school shooters.  That does not change the fact that signs were certainly there.

Oh and it being impossible for him to hate Jews since he was part Jewish??  Come on read some history that happens all the time.  If people hate a part of themselves they are more likely to hate that same trait in other people.  Hell it happens all the time in fiction too.

I want to Respond (I will in a bit [smiley][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but you mentioned a DUI and I saw that a couple different places but in the book Dylan never got a DUI And it’s not in his juvenile records, it looks like he just got a speeding ticket...

Hmmm it's been a while since I've read everything I could be mistaken on that. She definitely found a flask though and let it go fairly quickly. Finding a flask on it's own isn't to bad buy at some point you need to start looking at everything as a whole
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Kev7382 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Kev7382 wrote:

I want to Respond (I will in a bit [smiley][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but you mentioned a DUI and  I saw that a couple different places but in the book Dylan never got a DUI And it’s not in his juvenile records, it looks like he just got a speeding ticket...

Hmmm it's been a while since I've read everything I could be mistaken on that.  She definitely found a flask though and let it go fairly quickly.  Finding a flask on it's own isn't to bad buy at some point you need to start looking at everything as a whole

Dylan showed his mom a flask on prom night when He got home and it was filled pretty much all the way to the top. It was filled with peppermint schnapps s for him and Robyn. Side note, that sounds revolting. He wanted to show his mom the flask so she knew he could trust him and Robyn.

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Ah right he did show her... thank you ebooks and a search function. I'm surprised she didnt take it...

I corrected the part about the DUI. Still removing anything related to alcohol and I still think they let wayyyy to much shit go.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:25 pm

The funny thing is (well ironic maybe) if you read other books like Jeff Kass book you will find out that Sue herself has had many mental health issues in her life. Perhaps this made her more likely to rug sweep but she if anyone should have been someone who would understand and she just isn't She has a very logical view of life and it seems if you do not fit with that it is ignored. She let so many things go that leave me as a parent scratching my head.

Even if you don't know what your child is going thru the incident with her pushing Dylan up against a fridge should be enough to start asking questions

Kev7382

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
The funny thing is (well ironic maybe) if you read other books like Jeff Kass book you will find out that Sue herself has had many mental health issues in her life. Perhaps this made her more likely to rug sweep but she if anyone should have been someone who would understand and she just isn't She has a very logical view of life and it seems if you do not fit with that it is ignored. She let so many things go that leave me as a parent scratching my head.

Even if you don't know what your child is going thru the incident with her pushing Dylan up against a fridge should be enough to start asking questions

Yeah exactly. I really believe Dylan telling her Eric was crazy was his way of probing to see if he could fully open up to her and she just brushed it off. She brushed a lot of... I almost forgot about the gun magazines and asking for a gun too, nope no sign there! The "brain illness" and "brain health" phrases get old too. It's called depression i have it too.
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

Contribution Points : 67878
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:33 pm

My first thoughts after reading AMR was how annoyed I was with how it seemed she downplayed any bit of Dylan's involvement or participation. I know it's her son and it would be impossible for her to be non-biased, but come on. She would only talk about his suicidal tendencies without mentioning much of his murderous writings or fantasies. Granted, I sort of expected that she wouldn't before I picked it up. But her downplaying everything he did that or his involvement with the preparing REALLY frustrated me. I also don't like that she seems to buy the whole "Dylan was following master manipulator Eric" theory. Almost every time she did mention Eric she seemed to sprinkle this in, and it made my eyes roll. But again, if I was her and Dylan was my son, I'd want to blame it all on Eric as much as I could too. And it doesn't help that no one from Eric's life has come out with anything "defending his character."

ALSO - just a side note, but at one point she mentions how Dylan let someone (John Savage) go. And she mentions it like it proves that Dylan didn't want to kill people. But come on, even Eric technically let someone go. (He technically let Brooks Brown go, just saying). In my opinion, letting someone go doesn't mean anything. They both still killed people willingly.

But ranting aside, I feel horrible for her. She seemed like a great mom who really cared for her son, and I can't imagine the pain she went through losing him, coming to grips with that he's a murderer, and then having to deal with most of the world blaming her. I really enjoyed the book and I hope she continues to speak out.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:45 pm

whyno wrote:
My first thoughts after reading AMR was how annoyed I was with how it seemed she downplayed any bit of Dylan's involvement or participation. I know it's her son and it would be impossible for her to be non-biased, but come on. She would only talk about his suicidal tendencies without mentioning much of his murderous writings or fantasies. Granted, I sort of expected that she wouldn't before I picked it up. But her downplaying everything he did that or his involvement with the preparing REALLY frustrated me. I also don't like that she seems to buy the whole "Dylan was following master manipulator Eric" theory. Almost every time she did mention Eric she seemed to sprinkle this in, and it made my eyes roll. But again, if I was her and Dylan was my son, I'd want to blame it all on Eric as much as I could too. And it doesn't help that no one from Eric's life has come out with anything "defending his character."

ALSO - just a side note, but at one point she mentions how Dylan let someone (John Savage) go. And she mentions it like it proves that Dylan didn't want to kill people. But come on, even Eric technically let someone go. (He technically let Brooks Brown go, just saying). In my opinion, letting someone go doesn't mean anything. They both still killed people willingly.

But ranting aside, I feel horrible for her. She seemed like a great mom who really cared for her son, and I can't imagine the pain she went through losing him, coming to grips with that he's a murderer, and then having to deal with most of the world blaming her. I really enjoyed the book and I hope she continues to speak out.

What do you expect knowing she used Cullen as a major source of Info! Poor poor Dylan

Kev7382

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Yeah I totally get her trying to rationalize it in her head any way she can. I'm sure Eric's parents have internally tried to put the blame on Dylan at one point or another. The problem I have with Sue is that she based a book on it. Dylan was just as guilty as Eric and like you said Eric let someone go too. Like Dylan the person Eric let go was a friend. Maybe Eric would have done the same thing inside the school. As far as I remember he didnt run across anyone he considered a friend so we'll never know. I really don't like her suicide first homicide second thought either. No if suicide had been that much more important to him nobody else would have died.

Also, a tornado destroying a town is a tragedy Sue, what happened on Everest in 96 was a tragedy. This was not a tragedy, it was a mass murder

I do feel sorry for her as she lost her son regadless of anything else. I also do believe she had the best of intentions with her kids and her own issues probably influenced her. I just dont think she needed to write a book if it was going to just be about how great Dylan was and how this was totally not his fault!
Back to top Go down
Kev7382

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
whyno wrote:

What do you expect knowing she used Cullen as a major source of Info! Poor poor Dylan

Ya know what I bet Eric brainwashed the guns so they would fire on their own! That means technically Dylan didnt kill anyone!
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:50 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
whyno wrote:

What do you expect knowing she used Cullen as a major source of Info!  Poor poor Dylan

Man, my eyes rolled so hard when she cited him for the first time in the book. I bet Cullen just loved that.
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71319
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:14 pm

With regards to her being pissed at Dylan's 5-day suspension: Was this before or after Rocky Hoffschneider and his goons broke into and trashed someone's apartment and were let off scot free? It's possible she's still resentful of Columbine's favorable treatment of the "Chads" who were making her son's life hell.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82882
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:49 pm

whyno wrote:

Everyone always gives Dylan complete credit for John Savage, but it was Eric who found John under the table and didn't fire. He must have thought he recognized him and that's why he told John to identify himself. Dylan might have said the words "get out of here" but Eric could have shot him before Dylan even knew he was there and he didn't.

Back to top Go down
Kev7382

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 6:03 pm

sympathyforEandD wrote:
With regards to her being pissed at Dylan's 5-day suspension: Was this before or after Rocky Hoffschneider and his goons broke into and trashed someone's apartment and were let off scot free? It's possible she's still resentful of Columbine's favorable treatment of the "Chads" who were making her son's life hell.

If that was her issue with the punishment why not say that in the book? I think most of us dealt with the fact that star athletes got treated differently than everyone else in HS. He also didnt get off scot free, I think his punishment should have been worse but he was charged and found guilty, had some fines and community service. Unfair punishments happen all the time I've got friends who have gotten they're 1st OWI and gotten a slap on the wrist and others who have gotten hit with everything it was possible to get hit with. 5 day suspension is really not all that bad considering he gave Eric the ability to access everyone's lockers.

Also if this were a one time thing of Sue saying the punishment was unfair that would be different but it seems to be somewhat of a pattern with her. If he didn't kill himself I could have seen her claiming whatever sentance he would have gotten would have been unfair too.
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67813
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Quote :

You could say Eric let Bree Pasquale go as well even after Dylan told him to "shoot her".
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 7:41 pm

thelmar wrote:
whyno wrote:

Everyone always gives Dylan complete credit for John Savage, but it was Eric who found John under the table and didn't fire. He must have thought he recognized him and that's why he told John to identify himself. Dylan might have said the words "get out of here" but Eric could have shot him before Dylan even knew he was there and he didn't.

Very good point!
It's frustrating that Sue and Cullen can't seem to see how hypocritical they can be against Eric.
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 7:44 pm

Szabo wrote:
Quote :

You could say Eric let Bree Pasquale go as well even after Dylan told him to "shoot her".

Yes! I didn't even think of this.

I guess you could sort of add Valeen Schnurr to the list as well? Although that was probably the both of them wanting to leave her alive because they knew they scarred her for life.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 11:28 pm

whyno wrote:
Szabo wrote:
Quote :

Yes! I didn't even think of this.

I guess you could sort of add Valeen Schnurr to the list as well? Although that was probably the both of them wanting to leave her alive because they knew they scarred her for life.

If I could be honest, with both of them it seemed if you spoke to them like they were human beings they didn’t kill you. It’s almost like they were getting snapped out of it. That might be an unpopular opinion but that’s the way I feel at times

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80622
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 7:25 am

It does seem that way sometimes, and it seems they were playing Doom IRL many more times, which could further support that. Can't pretend they are former humans if they speak to you.

However, i don't think you can say they let someone live who they shot multiple times like Val. Say the car bombs got the paramedics, she'd probably be dead. I think they were reloading when speaking to her, so might say they did not keep shooting her because of ammo. It seems that way with Bree, since Eric says she will die when the library explodes anyway.

"He must have thought he recognized him and that's why he told John to identify himself." That's a good first guess as any, but I'm not sure it's correct. John doesn't say "he recognized me", say, he mentions he moved out of the way of the gun. I wonder if it was more about "natural selection" for that reason. Then again, reports seem mixed whether Eric supported Dylan's decision to let him go or didn't. If he didn't, I'm not sure either explanation makes sense. Maybe it's less to do with John and more to do with the broken nose in that case.

Regardless, I think it's pretty clear John was told to run because they thought the library was going to explode, not because they just could not resist shooting him if he stayed. Not to mention Dylan tells John he's killing people. So, pretty obvious it's not about a reluctance to kill people, but a reluctance to have John be in the library when it goes boom. If you ignore that they thought the library was going to explode however, as so many do, then it does seem that way.
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67813
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 10:42 am

I always felt Dylan was caught off guard by John asking "Are you going to kill me" and so just allowed him to leave.

I also wonder if E&D truely believed the library was still going to explode, or whether it was simply a guise for not wanting to shoot a particular person.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 10:49 am

I think they did think the bombs would go off. They kept going down there to try. Eric shot at them, Dylan threw a molotov at them... I think they wanted them to explode and thought they could get them to

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 11:02 am

Can someone tell me exactly what exploded on the CCTV footage? It was after Dylan threw one of his Molotov cocktails right?

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 11:07 am

Szabo wrote:
I always felt Dylan was caught off guard by John asking "Are you going to kill me" and so just allowed him to leave.

I also wonder if E&D truely believed the library was still going to explode, or whether it was simply a guise for not wanting to shoot a particular person.

I really do think that Eric and Dylan at some point started to disassociate themselves with what they were doing. So I agree when John asked are you going to kill me he was probably like why would I kill him...

I’m not trying to say oh he suddenly had remorse for what he was doing because I wasn’t there and I never met Dylan so I can’t get into his head.

There have been people who said if Devon or Zack were in the library and they confronted him he probably would’ve stopped killing and just killed himself. I don’t know if that would’ve happened that sounds a little romanticized for lack of a better word but I think he would have told them to get out immediately

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71319
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 11:10 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Can someone tell me exactly what exploded on the CCTV footage? It was after Dylan threw one of his Molotov cocktails right?

IIRC it was one of the propane tanks partially detonating.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 11:39 am

I am pretty sure the only thing that happened was that the fuel from the molotov started a fire. I believe that nothing happened with the bombs at all

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 1:54 pm

I know this is not an important thing in the grand scheme of it all. However I don’t understand why both of Dylan trenchcoats were missing that morning. If Nate called and said he thought Dylan was doing it and then they were thinking oh if the trench coat was in Dylan’s closet he’s not the one doing it that doesn’t make any sense because Dylan had two... So wouldn’t at least one be in his closet?

But to be honest during the day I’m sure a lot of things didn’t make sense.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 2:19 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I know this is not an important thing in the grand scheme of it all. However I don’t understand why both of Dylan trenchcoats were missing that morning. If Nate called and said he thought Dylan was doing it and then they were thinking oh if the trench coat was in Dylan’s closet he’s not the one doing it that doesn’t make any sense because Dylan had two... So wouldn’t at least one be in his closet?

Since one was a trench coat and the other a duster perhaps they knew the difference? Even though they are similar?

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Since one was a trench coat and the other a duster perhaps they knew the difference?  Even though they are similar?

That’s true. I think Sue even calls it a duster in the book instead of a trench coat... IIRC

whyno

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 10:08 pm

cakeman wrote:
However, i don't think you can say they let someone live who they shot multiple times like Val. Say the car bombs got the paramedics, she'd probably be dead. I think they were reloading when speaking to her, so might say they did not keep shooting her because of ammo. It seems that way with Bree, since Eric says she will die when the library explodes anyway.

You're right, especially about Val. I guess I was thinking more about them talking to her and then walking off. But you're right, they did shoot her, and probably thought she was dying or at least going to. So no, she wouldn't be an example of my point.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 10:10 pm

Was Val the last person shot before they left the library?

Also didn't they shoot under the table, walk around then shoot again. Lauren was already gone I think Sad

Still makes me cry, Val held her as long as she could according to witnesses. Crying or Very sad

Contribution Points : 52490
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 11:49 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Was Val the last person shot before they left the library?

Also didn't they shoot under the table, walk around then shoot again. Lauren was already gone I think Sad

Still makes me cry, Val held her as long as she could according to witnesses. Crying or Very sad

I believe the last person shot was Corey Depooter, after that, they lost the thrill, shot at computers and bookshelves, interacted with Evan Todd and then left. Valeen Schnurr and Lisa Kreutz were injured by a single bullet Dylan fired right before he moved closer where he shot and murdered Lauren. After they injured Nicole Nowlen and murdered John Tomlin, Eric then went around to the other side of the girls table and shot Kelly Fleming in the back, hitting Jeanna, Lisa and Lauren. You are correct when you say Lauren was already gone by this point.

Honestly, that's really sad to think that Val was holding onto Lauren Sad Their table suffered pretty badly that day, most of the girls there got injured or were killed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book   I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I felt more sorry for Sue before reading her book
Page 1 of 1