Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?

Go down 
+7
LadyStardust
cakeman
whyno
rebel2013
Lizpuff
Screamingophelia
sympathyforEandD
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 70444
Forum Reputation : 486

The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Empty
PostSubject: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 12:30 pm

I thought I'd make a thread where we can discuss the boys' clothing. Feel free to comment on any aspect of their apparel, including the clothes they wore on "the day."

I personally think their dusters looked very cool. Eric carried his well.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 12:38 pm

I have heard on a research blog, and to be hones this person does not think Eric was a psychopath and she does feel empathy for him has compared him to a penguin in his trench coat.

They dressed really normally to me. It’s interesting though because Dylan definitely dressed up a lot more when he was with his parents. Case in point the picture of him at dinner with his mom in 1999 he has his glasses on and his hair looks neatly combed and he’s wearing a polo shirt.

Now that I live in Colorado and maybe it was different back then but I do not know how they wore trenchcoats all day sometimes because it gets really warm even in the winter.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 12:41 pm

I do wish I knew what Dylan’s facial hair looked like in person because in pictures it’s either nonexistent or just looks ungainly. Like it doesn’t match his baby face if that makes sense. It doesn’t make sense aesthetically

There are some screen grabs from hitmen for hire where you could see it a lot. And you see a very small sliver of mustache in the prom picture

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 1:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 1:23 pm

Normal 90s look to me

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 3:56 pm

In that photo, they looked like they were straight out of The Matrix. Their black trenchcoats and sunglasses have an awesome appearance.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 4:20 pm

NSAhoneypot wrote:
In that photo, they looked like they were straight out of The Matrix. Their black trenchcoats and sunglasses have an awesome appearance.

There were at least 2 mentions in the 11k of Eric and Dylan being “bad boys” and “hot”

One I think I may be misremembering... did someone say in the 11k that Robyn likes hanging out with Dylan and the TCM because they were “bad”

Not sure I’d see Dylan’s AOL shirt and glasses and say “whoa he’s a bad boy right out of The Breakfast Club”

Contribution Points : 102985
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:18 pm

Seems like they dressed normal to me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 9:28 pm

I think they dressed normally for outcast teen boys in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

Contribution Points : 67003
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 3:32 pm

IMO Eric looked like a wannabe vampire slayer in his duster LOL

But I think his style was fine besides that. I wear a lot of band tees too.

Jorts are always a mistake though, sorry 90's

EDIT: darn, I didn't realize gifs don't work on here
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79172
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Pretty goofy to me with the large trench coats and sunglasses on indoors, or with the tucked in shirts and jorts and watch. The color palette of black and red is real fucking neato.
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

Contribution Points : 67003
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 5:25 pm

I do like Dylan's sunglasses however
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 70444
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 11:42 am

^ Those glasses suit him perfectly. He has kind of a hippie thing going on.

I also love this .gif of Eric. He looks like a badass kid and a scrapper despite his small frame:

Last edited by sympathyforEandD on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 2:45 pm

whyno wrote:

Yes, I do love these glasses!!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 2:58 pm

I love that Sue shared this video! I just wish we had sound.

LadyStardust

Contribution Points : 50592
Forum Reputation : 387

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 4:06 pm

I think they looked fine - like normal teenage guys. My only nitpicks would be that Eric's duster was too big, and he tucked his band t-shirts into his cargo pants. But I figure maybe thats because he grew up in a military family. I give Eric a pass on the jorts - they were considered acceptable!
Back to top Go down
arg

arg

Contribution Points : 46216
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 5:51 pm

i think erics trench coat looks kinda stupid but it looks good on dylan, but dylans sunglasses are quite lame and erics sunglasses are cool

true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 57799
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 12:43 am

sympathyforEandD wrote:
I thought I'd make a thread where we can discuss the boys' clothing. Feel free to comment on any aspect of their apparel, including the clothes they wore on "the day."

I personally think their dusters looked very cool. Eric carried his well.

Ironically this pic is my avatar on here.

I think their style is pretty cool. It was post-grunge, late 90’s style. At the time even jorts were somewhat popular. 🤦🏻‍�🤷🏻‍�

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 12:46 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I have heard on a research blog, and to be hones this person does not think Eric was a psychopath and she does feel empathy for him has compared him to a penguin in his trench coat.

They dressed really normally to me. It’s interesting though because Dylan definitely dressed up a lot more when he was with his parents. Case in point the picture of him at dinner with his mom in 1999 he has his glasses on and his hair looks neatly combed and he’s wearing a polo shirt.

Now that I live in Colorado and maybe it was different back then but I do not know how they wore trenchcoats all day sometimes because it gets really warm even in the winter.

Really? This surprises me with the Rocky Mountains and snow there and all. I live in the Appalachian mountains and the winters are always cold here. It also snows but we haven’t had a good one in a few years.

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 12:49 am

NSAhoneypot wrote:

The first Matrix was released the last weekend of March. There was a debate I read online somewhere about if either young man watched it before the shooting. It’s kind of cool that their clothing style was very similar but happened before the movie.

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 12:53 am

whyno wrote:

There is a section of A Mother’s Reckoning that Sue told how Nate visited her at her home a few months afterwards. She said before too long they eventually got to talking about Dylan. She couldn’t help to think that Dylan should be happy out at a college somewhere.

Before he left she gave him a pair of Dylan’s sunglasses to remember her son.

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 12:54 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I love that Sue shared this video! I just wish we had sound.

What??

Contribution Points : 102022
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 2:33 am

They dressed like normal kids in the 90s but with trench coats. Also Dylan carried his well because he was a tall guy. Eric's looks ridiculous, because of his height and how skinny he was. The trench coat weighs more than him.
Back to top Go down
Antarath

Antarath

Contribution Points : 47410
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 4:14 am

lol wrote:
They dressed like normal kids in the 90s but with trench coats. Also Dylan carried his well because he was a tall guy. Eric's looks ridiculous, because of his height and how skinny he was. The trench coat weighs more than him.

I was gonna say exactly the same, then I noticed your post. However, Yay for flannel shirt on Eric, and cap, just to complete that 90's look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?   The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The boys' dress sense: Yay or nay?
Page 1 of 1