Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...

Go down 
+9
QuestionMark
NeedaHaircut
Jessieo011
sympathyforEandD
Lunkhead McGrath
Subdomine
Screamingophelia
alphawhiskey86
LPorter101
13 posters
AuthorMessage

If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...   If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 9:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Did you ever see the Vester Flanagan footage? That was also firsthand footage of a mass shooting, if you view three people being shot with two dead along with the suicide of the perpetrator as a mass shooting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
justwatching

Contribution Points : 49042
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...   If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 8:12 am

As it has been said, it is one thing to know that the person did, another thing is to see even the act, to kill people. If they had recorded the shooting in the library and I saw, for me they would just be monsters. but since there is no such video (although the audio in the library is terrifying), I can see them beyond that. But I also feel bad for it, because at the end of the day they killed innocent people and sometimes I put myself in the place of those who were killed and I feel bad for having so much curiosity and sometimes "understanding" for eric and dylan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...   If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 10:17 am

justwatching wrote:

If they had recorded the shooting in the library and I saw, for me they would just be monsters. but since there is no such video (although the audio in the library is terrifying), I can see them beyond that.

I agree and I wonder what is the limit for seeing beyond something bad? Because obviously no-one is only black or only white, but sometimes I feel that when the bad things done are too bad and too numerous, mentioning the few good things that have been done is already starting to diminish the gravity of the bad things. Warning, Godwin's law! Let's take the most evil of them all as an example: Nazis. I think it is important to know the few good things done by Hitler and Nazis if you are interested in history because this is facts, but if you tell them in a documentary open to all along facts about the Shoah, I'm not sure it is good for children because they could be influenced and think: "It was not that bad."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...   If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Tbh I would STILL watch it
Back to top Go down
V. Pascow

Contribution Points : 49035
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...   If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 6:07 pm

I hate to be that guy but seeing these videos doesn't really effect me at all. I guess that's the price you pay for being aware that humans are inherently evil. People are gonna kill, people are gonna die. I mean sure, there was a "holy shit" feeling while watching the NZ video but other than that, not really. We're all just matter floating through the universe waiting to fizz out. No use in attaching emotions to things you cannot stop nor even begin to fathom. That's just my radical opinion though.
Back to top Go down
V. Pascow

Contribution Points : 49035
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...   If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 6:09 pm

The one and only video that has ever made me legitimately saddened was the 9/11 jumpers video. The next event that made me sad was Sandy Hook, but that event more or less killed my remaining belief in God so there's that.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 89206
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...   If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 2:53 am

I wonder if Eric and Dylan were old fashioned and would have liked today's technology?

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60086
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...   If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 7:13 pm

bradt93 wrote:
I wonder if Eric and Dylan were old fashioned and would have liked today's technology?

That question would deserve its own thread.

I wonder this too though
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...   If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 1:37 am

Guest wrote:
The main differences are that E&D committed a 49 minute shooting with 13 deaths not blatantly done in the name of a certain ideology.

Now, Tarrant murdered around 40 people in a span of roughly 7 minutes while saying almost nothing during the actual shooting.

Honestly the former would be a hell of a lot worse to stomach than Tarrant's video. The sheer length of Eric and Dylan's kill spree would already make squeamish viewers squirm, now couple that with the fact that Eric and Dylan were sadistically taunting victims who were writhing in pain from injuries they had inflicted the whole time.

If you've ever seen the video of the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs (3 guys 1 hammer) you'll get a much better idea of what Columbine was like than the Tarrant video. I can't speak any Russian or Ukrainian, but the genuine laughter and smiles those killers displayed while bludgeoning and stabbing a guy for six minutes straight speaks volumes.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...   If E&D had livestreamed Columbine... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If E&D had livestreamed Columbine...
Page 1 of 1