Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The small question thread Part 2.

Go down 
+28
nierenquetsche
Killisaki
dyonqqr
khscarymovie4part4
23september
Imperator
Onyx
Miasmom1028
Amarantha
true_crime
QuestionMark
robertslay
sk92
5PMSomewhere
properground
Runes
NeedaHaircut
sscc
ExCentro
sororityalpha
joebox97
thelmar
Tesla101
cakeman
Screamingophelia
Lizpuff
sympathyforEandD
Jenn
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 10:11 am

Runes wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Neah wrote:
Do we know if Eric and Dylan talked about their feelings to each other? Not really about anger but rather about sadness, loneliness, things that some boys would usually be uncomfortable talking about?

I’ve wondered that as well. It strikes me as interesting that when Eric was emotional in the basement tapes he was by himself. And we know that Dylan use your cry  to Zach and his friends but I’m not sure if that included Eric.

Dylan used to cry around his friends? Hm, didn't know that... Where did you read that? Why did he cry?
It seems somewhat out of character for him.

There was an interview with Sarah Slater who said he’d often cry while drinking.

Also I think Zach mentioned he’d cry about not having a girlfriend.

I also think Devon mentioned it, when he got drunk he’d cry sometimes but mostly he was happy and outgoing when he drank.

I imagine it was more when he was an underclassmen. Senior year Dylan was much different.

Tesla101

Contribution Points : 47704
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 5:55 pm

There’s probably a reasonable explanation and has been answered somewhere else but I happened to read a Nathan Dykeman interview from 30th April 1999 where he states that his best friend Tim Cassell, was held at gunpoint. I know this to have been John Savage. How did Nathan get his best friends name wrong? Does anyone know the story behind this?
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 6:08 pm

Tesla101 wrote:
There’s probably a reasonable explanation and has been answered somewhere else but I happened to read a Nathan Dykeman interview from 30th April 1999 where he states that his best friend Tim Cassell, was held at gunpoint. I know this to have been John Savage. How did Nathan get his best friends name wrong? Does anyone know the story behind this?
Tim Kastle believed that Dylan stuck his head up into a ventilation duct where Tim was hiding and pointed a shotgun at him but that he chose not to fire when he realized that it was Tim. Tim and Dylan knew each other for several years and talked frequently because they played in the same fantasy baseball league.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(3418 and 3421)
Back to top Go down
properground

Contribution Points : 57949
Forum Reputation : 108

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 6:23 pm

sscc wrote:
Tesla101 wrote:
Tim Kastle believed that Dylan stuck his head up into a ventilation duct where Tim was hiding and pointed a shotgun at him but that he chose not to fire when he realized that it was Tim. Tim and Dylan knew each other for several years and talked frequently because they played in the same fantasy baseball league.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(3418 and 3421)

I thought Dylan and Tim had talked on the night of the 19th?
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82557
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 8:21 pm

properground wrote:

I thought Dylan and Tim had talked on the night of the 19th?

on p. 3419 of Kastle's statement it does say that Kastle reported he and Dylan had spoken the previous evening about Dylan possibly trading with Adam Sands for Roger Clemens in their fantasy baseball league.
I assume "previous evening" means the 19th.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 5:00 pm

Does anyone recall the reasons that Kyle left his old school a few months before the shooting to attend Columbine? I don’t know why I’ve vaguely remembering that Kyle got into trouble for fighting. And I don’t know why I am remembering it that way.

5PMSomewhere

Contribution Points : 53405
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 3:38 pm

Who was the 5th person involved with the "Columbine Highway Patrol" video..
I know Eric, Eric V, Chris W and Mike V are the four *actors* - does anyone know who's filming?

Also there's a video floating around on YouTube of a jock (called Steven) and an admitted outcast talking about the shooting, Eric/Dylan/TCM etc and have been unable to find it, if anyone could link me the video I would be grateful
Back to top Go down
properground

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 am

The Sarah Leary interview (page 06774) brings up some interesting details: Leary said on 04-20-1999 at about 7:30 AM she walked into the school from the parking lot with Eric Harris. She said she walked up the steps located next to the cafeteria, ad that Harris was wearing jeans, a white t0shirt, and a dark flannel shirt. When she was greeted by Harris in the parking lot, when he gave her a hug and asked why she was all dressed up, to which she explained her activities between second and fourth period. Sara also said that Harris was not carrying any books nor had his typical black backpack on him. Once inside of the school Sara says that Eric turned towards the art hall and she went in the other direction.

All of this seems very, VERY interesting.

Also, has anyone read the Jennifer Harmon interview (Page 006482)? It has some interesting information about Nate Dykeman, and Pauline (TCM). If so, what are your thoughts? I'm not quite sure what to make of it.
Back to top Go down
properground

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 am

Also, I don't remember seeing Eric's Hi-Point in the rampart range video. Anyone have an idea as to why it was left at home? I
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 10:59 am

properground wrote:
The Sarah Leary interview (page 06774) brings up some interesting details: Leary said on 04-20-1999 at about 7:30 AM she walked into the school from the parking lot with Eric Harris. She said she walked up the steps located next to the cafeteria, ad that Harris was wearing jeans, a white t0shirt, and a dark flannel shirt. When she was greeted by Harris in the parking lot, when he gave her a hug and asked why she was all dressed up, to which she explained her activities between second and fourth period. Sara also said that Harris was not carrying any books nor had his typical black backpack on him. Once inside of the school Sara says that Eric turned towards the art hall and she went in the other direction.

Also, has anyone read the Jennifer Harmon interview (Page 006482)? It has some interesting information about Nate Dykeman, and Pauline (TCM). If so, what are your thoughts? I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

I have no reason to doubt Sara Leary. If Eric was at the school at that time, it's anyone's guess what his purpose was.

With regard to Jen Harmon-
She was in the car with Terra Ogleman and Jen's boyfriend, John Reffel. According to Jen, when she made the U-turn to follow the detour that had been set up, her window was right beside Nate's and she heard Nate say, “I can’t believe they actually did this." What she doesn't say is that, according to Dykeman, pg. 10710, as he was returning to the school after lunch he pulled  up alongside Harmon and asked what was going on, Harmon is the one who told Nate that "2 kids in trench coats were shooting up the school."

I don't think its strange that once he heard that kids in trenchcoats were involved, that Nate would automatically put 2 and 2 together and think of Eric and Dylan. Tim Kastle said that Dykeman had a feeling that Eric and Dylan were up to something because they were both absent that day and they were never absent at the same time. Dykeman said this himself in his police statement. So that, coupled with hearing about 2 kids in trench coats, is likely why he said that he couldn't believe they actually did it. Lots of people had heard them make comments about blowing up the school and killing jocks. Absolutely no one (except the Brown's) actually thought they would really do anything.

Also, her statements about Pauline Colby are incorrect. Colby told multiple people (Tina Bernacchi, Lindsay Crandall, Kathy Frommer (the teacher), and Liza Campbell) that she wasn't feeling well after the DECCA banquet and that her dad had already scheduled her a doctor's appointment. She didn't just disappear like Harmon said. Moreover, Colby's older sister, Jennifer, was in the cafeteria at the time of the attack. Pauline would have known she'd be there.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 pm

thelmar wrote:
properground wrote:

I have no reason to doubt Sara Leary. If Eric was at the school at that time, it's anyone's guess what his purpose was.

She was in the car with Terra Ogleman and Jen's boyfriend, John Reffel. According to Jen, when she made the U-turn to follow the detour that had been set up, her window was right beside Nate's and she heard Nate say, “I can’t believe they actually did this." What she doesn't say is that, according to Dykeman, pg. 10710, as he was returning to the school after lunch he pulled  up alongside Harmon and asked what was going on, Harmon is the one who told Nate that "2 kids in trench coats were shooting up the school."

I don't think its strange that once he heard that kids in trenchcoats were involved, that Nate would automatically put 2 and 2 together and think of Eric and Dylan. Tim Kastle said that Dykeman had a feeling that Eric and Dylan were up to something because they were both absent that day and they were never absent at the same time. Dykeman said this himself in his police statement. So that, coupled with hearing about 2 kids in trench coats, is likely why he said that he couldn't believe they actually did it. Lots of people had heard them make comments about blowing up the school and killing jocks. Absolutely no one (except the Brown's) actually thought they would really do anything.

Also, her statements about Pauline Colby are incorrect. Colby told multiple people (Tina Bernacchi, Lindsay Crandall, Kathy Frommer (the teacher), and Liza Campbell) that she wasn't feeling well after the DECCA banquet and that her dad had already scheduled her a doctor's appointment. She didn't just disappear like Harmon said. Moreover, Colby's older sister, Jennifer, was in the cafeteria at the time of the attack. Pauline would have known she'd be there.

To play devils advocate we don’t know Nates tone of voice. With them joking about it so much and him possibly putting two and together. His tone could have been shock, sadness etc... I can’t believe you did this could have a lot of different meanings

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 9:19 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

To play devils advocate  we don’t know Nates tone of voice. With them joking about it so much and him possibly putting two and together. His tone could have been shock, sadness etc... I can’t believe you did this could have a lot of different meanings

Exactly. I've always assumed it was more along the lines of, "Oh my God, I can't believe they actually did it" expressed in horror and shock.
Back to top Go down
properground

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 3:11 pm

thelmar wrote:
properground wrote:

I don't see a reason to doubt Sarah either, but the whole thing seems funny to me; I can only wonder why he was there.

Also, I read that both Tim Castle and Nate Dykeman said that Dylan caught Tim in one of the vents he was hiding in, but chose not to shoot him. I'm not sure what to think of this, as the whole situation seems kind of strange to me. However we don't know what exactly they did while in the halls. Does anyone have any more information on this?

Also, does anyone know why the Hi Point wasn't used in Rampart range?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
thelmar wrote:
properground wrote:

To play devils advocate  we don’t know Nates tone of voice. With them joking about it so much and him possibly putting two and together. His tone could have been shock, sadness etc... I can’t believe you did this could have a lot of different meanings

Dykeman knew about Dylan purchasing a gun. Of course his immediate reaction would be to think it was Eric and Dylan. Kids in trenchcoats with guns shooting up the school could only be so many people. I take it as disbelief. I think he truly didn't know the extent of what Dylan and Eric were going to do. As said before, maybe he helped make a few bombs or something along those lines. That would the only way he was involved, imo. I truly believe he did not know about the actual plans to shoot up the school.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 7:20 pm

properground wrote:

Also, I read that both Tim Castle and Nate Dykeman said that Dylan caught Tim in one of the vents he was hiding in, but chose not to shoot him. I'm not sure what to think of this, as the whole situation seems kind of strange to me. However we don't know what exactly they did while in the halls. Does anyone have any more information on this?

Kastle had climbed up into the ceiling to look for a safe way out of the school.
On 4-20 (p. 3416) he said it took him about 5 minutes to get from the teacher’s lounge bathroom area where he went up into the ceiling to the other side of the room. Once he got there, he looked back to the other side and “saw someone point a gun at me.”
On 4-27 (p. 3418) he said that as he reached the area of the west wall, “he looked back to the area over the bathroom in the kitchen area. As he did, he observed a subject in that area, whose head was just above the ceiling area. Kastle said that the subject was pointing what he believed was a shotgun at him.” Kastle said it was dark and he couldn’t see the person well but described the subject “as having shoulder-length dark hair.” He said that “the hair he described did not fit Klebold and nothing about what he observed of the subject led him to his conclusion that the subject could be Klebold,” but because he didn’t get shot he thought it must have been Dylan because the two were friends. He reiterates this on p. 3421.

As far as what they did in the halls, I don't know. The police put together this timeline of events, which includes their meanderings through the halls, but there are errors all through the entire timeline so I'd advise taking it with a grain or two of salt. If something doesn't fit what you've already learned, you're probably right and Jeffco wrong.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sk92

sk92

Contribution Points : 46243
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Eric Veik was arrested in October 1999 for "threatening to finish what Eric and Dylan started" but I cant find any more info about it other than he was arrested on the 6 month anniversary of Columbine and his bail was $500,000.
Does anyone have more information on this?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:33 pm

sk92 wrote:
Eric Veik was arrested in October 1999 for "threatening to finish what Eric and Dylan started" but I cant find any more info about it other than he was arrested on the 6 month anniversary of Columbine and his bail was $500,000.
Does anyone have more information on this?

That whole case is under lock and key. So there is not a lot of info. He's doing well now though AFAIK

sk92

Contribution Points : 46243
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
That whole case is under lock and key. So there is not a lot of info. He's doing well now though AFAIK

Thank you. I figured as much but thought I'd ask. I do hope he's doing well now.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 10:32 am

After seeing the latest documentary they had a scene that was supposed to be in Dylan’s room. And it got me thinking. I remember that someone had mentioned that he had one red wall (or was it red shutters?) but then I think Sue said he had one black wall. But didn’t Nate or Devon say he wanted to paint each one a different color?

Contribution Points : 44375
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 2:56 am

where did the information that they wanted to plant the bombs to take out the pillars so the ceiling collapses come from ? in the video footage they clearly plant the bombs away from any pillars
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79722
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 2:17 am

How can you tell that from the footage? They weren't clearly away from the pillars. They were at tables QQ and PP as I recall, which means each is between 2 pillars. Also, as I recall, when planning and drawing the cafeteria, they have the places marked right by the pillars.

Further, they said were gonna blow the library and the school up while they were in the library, and the only bombs capable of doing that were below them in the cafeteria.

Does anybody think they were inspired to start shooting on the stairs from Hangar, E1M1, Doom's original first level on Knee Deep in the Dead?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 3:20 pm

cakeman wrote:
Does anybody think they were inspired to start shooting on the stairs from Hangar, E1M1, Doom's original first level on Knee Deep in the Dead?

Holy crap, I never even thought of it.

cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 7:34 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
cakeman wrote:

Holy crap, I never even thought of it.
Pretty often one got hit by one of the shotgun guys up there. Also wonder if that motivated Eric in switching to the shotgun to shoot at cops from the library. Also think the manual mentions the shotgun is good for multiple enemies, and he would've had multiple cops rather than just Gardner by then.

If want another one, wonder if there was any thought of the maze in E1M2 in the 'wandering the halls' period.
Back to top Go down
robertslay

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 11:23 pm

cakeman wrote:
How can you tell that from the footage? They weren't clearly away from the pillars. They were at tables QQ and PP as I recall, which means each is between 2 pillars. Also, as I recall, when planning and drawing the cafeteria, they have the places marked right by the pillars.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at 10:59:24 and 11:00:53 both plants seemingly out in the open, i dont buy the plant the bombs by the pillar theory
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 4:39 am

robertslay wrote:
cakeman wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    at 10:59:24 and 11:00:53 both plants seemingly out in the open, i dont buy the plant the bombs by the pillar theory
I've seen the footage; I just don't see how you can tell they're out in the open. Assuming it's them, we don't even see them put them down, or at least I don't. Look at where tables QQ and PP are. Each one is between two of the four pillars. Indeed, is not that a pillar behind the trash can they scoot around? And how else to explain their expecting everyone to die in the library from the bomb, pretty clearly at 11:35 (see when they leave, or my avatar for the clock on that bomb)?  Here's an image with the tables the bomb were under marked with a red dot, and the pillars with a green dot:

And here's Eric preliminary drawing, with stars by the pillars: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, does anybody know  the expected blast radius for the car bombs? Never seen that discussed, and it would help me understand whether it was more for first responders or students. It seems an article of faith that they were for first responders, which might well be true, but their position has seemed so good for taking out students that investigators think or at least say they were going to shoot from the cars, which I don't buy for a minute. It seems to me they expected a bomb made from one tank to be powerful enough to take out the cafeteria and/or the library, and the car bombs had two each. It's also probably too far to shoot and does nothing for the cops approaching from behind, but a large bomb may solve both issues. "interlocking bombing lanes" rather than "interlocking fire lanes" for fleeing students if you will. Though, if they were set for noon, presumably it would be after they were shot exiting and shot turning around, until they turn around again and go into the parking lot a second time.
Back to top Go down
5PMSomewhere

5PMSomewhere

Contribution Points : 53405
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Why are numerous students missing from the yearbook, such as Kyle, Isaiah, Bree etc?
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58349
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 1:17 am

Why did Dylan light the Malatov cocktail before committing suicide? What was the purpose? Also supposedly Eric’s grey matter/brain matter was under the fire on the tabletop so why did he hesitate, light it, and throw it before shooting himself?

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 1:19 am

Do you think the boys could have ever imagined that people 20 years into the future would still be discussing their actions and analyzing every small detail of their lives?

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 1:21 am

Why do “expert” researchers and psychologists downplay or ignore Eric’s behaviors and warning signs of suicide, especially during the initial analysis of his writings when making profiles of both boys?

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 2:21 am

true_crime wrote:
Why do “expert” researchers and psychologists downplay or ignore Eric’s behaviors and warning signs of suicide, especially during the initial analysis of his writings when making profiles of both boys?

Expert doesn't mean as much as we make it out to be.

Also why did you make three different posts instead of just one singular post?

Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72272
Forum Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 2:33 am

true_crime wrote:
Do you think the boys could have ever imagined that people 20 years into the future would still be discussing their actions and analyzing every small detail of their lives?

they literally wanted to be nothing less than immortal because of their actions and also expected directors and writers to make something out of their story.

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 11:25 am

5PMSomewhere wrote:
Why are numerous students missing from the yearbook, such as Kyle, Isaiah, Bree etc?

I know that Kyle had only been there a few months so he would have missed picture day. I don't know when Bree started at Columbine as I've never seen the entire 1998 yearbook. I know she isn't in the 1997 yearbook, which would have been her freshman year. Isaiah was at Columbine for about 1.5 yrs. His senior class pic isn't in there and he's not mentioned in Camera Shy. I don't have the entire yearbook so I'm not able to see if he's included in the weight lifting club pic. He had stopped playing football his senior year.

true_crime wrote:
Why did Dylan light the Malatov cocktail before committing suicide? What was the purpose? Also supposedly Eric’s grey matter/brain matter was under the fire on the tabletop so why did he hesitate, light it, and throw it before shooting himself?
I don't think he did. I don't think we know which of them, Eric or Dylan, lit the final Molotov.

From the Columbine Report, pg. 8938
The fuse/wick on a Molotov cocktail type device is not designed to penetrate the container and ignite the contents. It is designed to ignite the product in its vapor form once dispersed. A container simply placed in a stationary location may not ignite at all due to the fuse burning itself out. It is reasonable for the fuse device to apply enough heat to the exterior of the container and cause it to fracture in that location. This condition is consistent with the fuel pattern and lack of heavy fire damage observed on the top of the table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Threaded pieces of the top of the glass bottle used to contain the fuel were found on the tabletop. The threaded pieces of glass were heavily charred indicating a pro-longed exposure to fire. The fuel pattern on the table was consistent with the determined bottle location. near the south edge. The glass and fuel directional patterns were inconsistent with a high-pressure content release, and no evidence that the bottle was thrown against the table was found.

This indicates that the final Molotov wasn't thrown and that it didn't immediately explode but instead, the wick burned for a while before breaking the top part of the bottle, allowing contents to leak out onto the table top and supposedly over Eric's brain matter (I say supposedly because I couldn't link the source at the moment. I remember reading there was tissue beneath the Molotov's contents but don't recall specifically that it was identified as Eric's tissue).

The fact that this tissue, if it was Eric's, was under the Molotov mixture doesn't mean that Dylan lit the Molotov after Eric died. Eric could have just as easily lit it, killed himself with Dylan following shortly after. The Molotov had to burn for a bit before the top of the bottle broke, so either boy could have lit it.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 11:37 am

The idea of the last Molotov being a timer makes the most sense to me. It's not like it was going to burn the library down, and I can't think of a third possible reason for it.  Also, as thelmar says, it wasn't thrown, but placed on the table, and most suspect it was Dylan who placed it due to the brain matter underneath. Some also infer from that that Dylan hesitated, but I suspect not, and that the brain matter is only evidence of a few seconds difference between their suicides, if that. If true, this also probably means it isn't true that Dylan saw Eric's suicide or changed weapons because of it being gross or whatever. The positions of their bodies seem to me to suggest Dylan was on his knees at a right angle to Eric, and the exit wound side of his head bounced off his legs, rather than looking at him in the face.

The Time magazine article says it was a frappuccino bottle, fun (or not so fun) fact. Also supposedly they only had two Molotovs successfully light, and presumably the other one is the one Dylan tossed in the cafeteria, so I guess the storage closet fire they started was just with matches on towels, or a pipe bomb, or whatever.

On the prior page, 8937, it does not say it was Eric's DNA or anything like that, but it says it came from Eric and Dylan's direction, and presumably with Eric using the shotgun and making marks on the ceiling and so forth, people infer it was his brain matter that went that far.
Back to top Go down
robertslay

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 2:05 pm

cakeman wrote:
robertslay wrote:
cakeman wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    at 10:59:24 and 11:00:53 both plants seemingly out in the open, i dont buy the plant the bombs by the pillar theory
I've seen the footage; I just don't see how you can tell they're out in the open. Assuming it's them, we don't even see them put them down, or at least I don't. Look at where tables QQ and PP are. Each one is between two of the four pillars. Indeed, is not that a pillar behind the trash can they scoot around? And how else to explain their expecting everyone to die in the library from the bomb, pretty clearly at 11:35 (see when they leave, or my avatar for the clock on that bomb)?  Here's an image with the tables the bomb were under marked with a red dot, and the pillars with a green dot:

with all do respect because you clearly know tons but i dont know how you dont or anyone else doesnt see it, as well as the top comment on youtube saying "wow, so obvious its them, damn".  i think they planted where there were no students in the direct vicinity, dont think theyre going to set a bomb two feet where people were sitting because pillar.  not the biggest detail but the highlighted video seems pretty conclusive imo.

the video if anyone wants to chime in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 2:49 pm

robertslay wrote:
cakeman wrote:
robertslay wrote:
cakeman wrote:

with all do respect because you clearly know tons but i dont know how you dont or anyone else doesnt see it, as well as the top comment on youtube saying "wow, so obvious its them, damn".  i think they planted where there were no students in the direct vicinity, dont think theyre going to set a bomb two feet where people were sitting because pillar.  not the biggest detail but the highlighted video seems pretty conclusive imo.

the video if anyone wants to chime in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
No offense taken, but I didn't dispute whether it was them; I asked how you can tell the bombs weren't between the pillars from that. Also pretty clear with the drawings/diagrams, and their comments in the library. Not sure why you think there were no students around them either.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 3:19 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

Expert doesn't mean as much as we make it out to be.

Also why did you make three different posts instead of just one singular post?

I apologize, I’m still fairly new to this thread. I use Topic’it on my iPhone; accessing the original website was very clumsy and not user friendly for my phone. I still do not know how to quote multiple responses into one post.

As for them wanting to be immortal, I get that; it’s very obvious from their writings and the Basement Tapes. But 20 years? No other singular shooting has been analyzed and discussed for that long of a time span. Columbine is also the only shooting that when someone says the name of the school the shooting is the first thing that comes to mind.

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 3:39 pm

[quote="thelmar"]Why are numerous students missing from the yearbook, such as Kyle, Isaiah, Bree etc?

I know that Kyle had only been there a few months so he would have missed picture day. I don't know when Bree started at Columbine as I've never seen the entire 1998 yearbook. I know she isn't in the 1997 yearbook, which would have been her freshman year. Isaiah was at Columbine for about 1.5 yrs. His senior class pic isn't in there and he's not mentioned in Camera Shy. I don't have the entire yearbook so I'm not able to see if he's included in the weight lifting club pic. He had stopped playing football his senior year.

true_crime wrote:
I don't think he did. I don't think we know which of them, Eric or Dylan, lit the final Molotov.

The fuse/wick on a Molotov cocktail type device is not designed to penetrate the container and ignite the contents. It is designed to ignite the product in its vapor form once dispersed. A container simply placed in a stationary location may not ignite at all due to the fuse burning itself out. It is reasonable for the fuse device to apply enough heat to the exterior of the container and cause it to fracture in that location. This condition is consistent with the fuel pattern and lack of heavy fire damage observed on the top of the table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Threaded pieces of the top of the glass bottle used to contain the fuel were found on the tabletop. The threaded pieces of glass were heavily charred indicating a pro-longed exposure to fire. The fuel pattern on the table was consistent with the determined bottle location. near the south edge. The glass and fuel directional patterns were inconsistent with a high-pressure content release, and no evidence that the bottle was thrown against the table was found.

This indicates that the final Molotov wasn't thrown and that it didn't immediately explode but instead, the wick burned for a while before breaking the top part of the bottle, allowing contents to leak out onto the table top and supposedly over Eric's brain matter (I say supposedly because I couldn't link the source at the moment. I remember reading there was tissue beneath the Molotov's contents but don't recall specifically that it was identified as Eric's tissue).

The fact that this tissue, if it was Eric's, was under the Molotov mixture doesn't mean that Dylan lit the Molotov after Eric died. Eric could have just as easily lit it, killed himself with Dylan following shortly after. The Molotov had to burn for a bit before the top of the bottle broke, so either boy could have lit it.

Thanks for this information Thelmar. I wasn’t sure where to find it! It just seems odd because it didn’t have a clear reason for being lit in the first place. The only sensible reason would be as sort of a timer. Perhaps it’s just something as simple as they wanted to cause more damage and go out with a bang, so to speak.

If we know that the brain matter came from the direction of the boys, then I think it’s safe to say with high certainty that it was Eric’s. This isn’t because of the timing, but instead the method and results of his suicide. His was more damaging/destructive; after all, the entire top of his head/skull was shot off.

Another question, I think someone mentioned it on here but didn’t give a lot of information. Is it true that no one cake forward to claim Eric’s remains and/or personal effects he had on him on April 20? If so, that breaks my heart.

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 3:41 pm

[quote="thelmar"]Why are numerous students missing from the yearbook, such as Kyle, Isaiah, Bree etc?

true_crime wrote:

Thanks for this information Thelmar. I wasn’t sure where to find it! It just seems odd because it didn’t have a clear reason for being lit in the first place. The only sensible reason would be as sort of a timer. Perhaps it’s just something as simple as they wanted to cause more damage and go out with a bang, so to speak.

If we know that the brain matter came from the direction of the boys, then I think it’s safe to say with high certainty that it was Eric’s. This isn’t because of the timing, but instead the method and results of his suicide. His was more damaging/destructive; after all, the entire top of his head/skull was shot off.

Another question, I think someone mentioned it on here but didn’t give a lot of information. Is it true that no one cake forward to claim Eric’s remains and/or personal effects he had on him on April 20? If so, that breaks my heart.

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 6:39 pm

cakeman wrote:
The idea of the last Molotov being a timer makes the most sense to me. It's not like it was going to burn the library down, and I can't think of a third possible reason for it.  Also, as thelmar says, it wasn't thrown, but placed on the table, and most suspect it was Dylan who placed it due to the brain matter underneath. Some also infer from that that Dylan hesitated, but I suspect not, and that the brain matter is only evidence of a few seconds difference between their suicides, if that. If true, this also probably means it isn't true that Dylan saw Eric's suicide or changed weapons because of it being gross or whatever. The positions of their bodies seem to me to suggest Dylan was on his knees at a right angle to Eric, and the exit wound side of his head bounced off his legs, rather than looking at him in the face.

The Time magazine article says it was a frappuccino bottle, fun (or not so fun) fact. Also supposedly they only had two Molotovs successfully light, and presumably the other one is the one Dylan tossed in the cafeteria, so I guess the storage closet fire they started was just with matches on towels, or a pipe bomb, or whatever.

On the prior page, 8937, it does not say it was Eric's DNA or anything like that, but it says it came from Eric and Dylan's direction, and presumably with Eric using the shotgun and making marks on the ceiling and so forth, people infer it was his brain matter that went that far.

Given that it is likely that the only other successful Molotov was the one thrown by Dylan in the cafeteria, we could infer that he was the one to light the Molotov in the library. However, I agree that this doesn't necessarily mean anything about the suicides and who shot themselves first. I think given the way Dylan's body was found resting partly on top of Eric's legs that we could guess that Dylan killed himself after Eric. (I can't recall now why we think this, something about Dylan's blood being on Eric's clothes maybe?) But I don't think there was any hesitation. He was clearly the more suicidal of the two. It's what he wanted. I agree with you that there was only a few seconds difference between the suicides, if that. I think it's reasonable to assume that Eric went first and then Dylan immediately followed within a matter of seconds (milliseconds maybe). I've seen people speculate that since Dylan didn't die immediately after shooting himself he rolled around onto the final resting position atop of Eric's legs. That's entirely possible, as well.

It would be interesting to know the positions the bodies were originally found in before being moved around by LE to search them for explosives. Though, I don't suspect they really moved the bodies too much from their original positions. Does anyone know if photos were taken before they were moved or only after?
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 8:39 pm

hvernon wrote:
cakeman wrote:

Given that it is likely that the only other successful Molotov was the one thrown by Dylan in the cafeteria, we could infer that he was the one to light the Molotov in the library. However, I agree that this doesn't necessarily mean anything about the suicides and who shot themselves first. I think given the way Dylan's body was found resting partly on top of Eric's legs that we could guess that Dylan killed himself after Eric. (I can't recall now why we think this, something about Dylan's blood being on Eric's clothes maybe?) But I don't think there was any hesitation. He was clearly the more suicidal of the two. It's what he wanted. I agree with you that there was only a few seconds difference between the suicides, if that. I think it's reasonable to assume that Eric went first and then Dylan immediately followed within a matter of seconds (milliseconds maybe). I've seen people speculate that since Dylan didn't die immediately after shooting himself he rolled around onto the final resting position atop of Eric's legs. That's entirely possible, as well.

It would be interesting to know the positions the bodies were originally found in before being moved around by LE to search them for explosives. Though, I don't suspect they really moved the bodies too much from their original positions. Does anyone know if photos were taken before they were moved or only after?
Yes, those are good points too. I think the idea that they were moved around much is something of a meme. For example, note the large pool of blood under Dylan, suggesting that's where he died. And yes the blood on Eric's leg is from Dylan's head wound. Dylan's hat is also touching Eric's leg. and I also believe there's a mark on Dylan's arm matching Eric's shoe or something like that. So it seems to me Dylan was on his knees, at a right angle to Eric, then the force of the gun shot had him fall sideways, in the direction of the bullet, then he bounced off Eric's leg a little and rolled onto his back, where he bled and died.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 1:46 am

Why did Eric reach out to a Marine recruiter just a few days before the shooting? Was it because he wanted his parents to feel proud of him? Or was it to divert any suspicion? Langman points out in his book Why Kids Kill that the majority of shooters have an older, more successful sibling. After Eric’s brother Kevin graduated from Columbine we don’t have a lot of information on him. Dylan has his older brother Bryon, but he did not go to college, was working at a car lot, and had issues with his parents about smoking pot. He was even kicked out for a while. But this is definitely true for Michael Carneal and Kip Kinkel.

What would have happened if Eric had been seriously or critically shot by Neil Gardner? Would Dylan continue on his own or commit suicide right then and there?

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 1:02 pm

true_crime wrote:
Why did Eric reach out to a Marine recruiter just a few days before the shooting? Was it because he wanted his parents to feel proud of him? Or was it to divert any suspicion?

He didn't.
The Marine recruiter reached out to Eric. He got his name off a list provided by the school. He contacted Eric on April 2nd (pg. 10087). Eric went to an interview and took a recruitment test on April 5th. He expressed to the recruiter that he wasn't sure he wanted to join and that he wanted to think about it. The recruiter contacted him again on April 8th and again Eric told the recruiter he was thinking about it. The recruiter pushed for a home visit to talk it over with his parents; this was set up for April 15th. And that was the visit at which Kathy Harris revealed Eric was taking Luvox and the recruiter marked Eric as PDQ (permanently disqualified), even though what he told the Harrises at the time was that he'd need to talk to his supervisors about it.
Eric didn't reach out to the recruiter and, presumably, he only went along with it because his parents had been on his back about not having plans for after high school. That was as good a cover as any, I suppose. Eric and Dylan knew NBK was mere days away. I don't believe anything would have diverted him from their plans.

true_crime wrote:
Why Kids Kill that the majority of shooters have an older, more successful sibling. After Eric’s brother Kevin graduated from Columbine we don’t have a lot of information on him.
We'll never know if this is the case, but my interpretation of Eric is that this is probably accurate. He seemed to want to have respect, wanted people to think he was smart and had advice to give. He seemed to want to be a leader, but he felt that no one wanted his input and he didn't feel respected or in control. Having a brother who had those things may have affected him. Eric seemed to love and respect his brother, though, so while there may have been a degree of jealousy I don't think that he was angry at Kevin for it. Maybe frustrated that he couldn't achieve that level of success, maybe it impacted his view of himself/ lowered his self esteem. Again, I'm speculating based upon what we infer from his writings.

true_crime wrote:
What would have happened if Eric had been seriously or critically shot by Neil Gardner? Would Dylan continue on his own or commit suicide right then and there?
I think Dylan would have still shot at/killed people. I think, for some reason, he felt he had to do that in order to be able to pull the trigger on himself. He needed something he could never "come back" from before he could actually bring himself to suicide. Maybe his spree would have been shorter, maybe he would have killed himself sooner than he did. But I 100% believe that neither boy had any intention of turning back or surviving that day.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 5:50 pm

[quote="thelmar"]Why did Eric reach out to a Marine recruiter just a few days before the shooting? Was it because he wanted his parents to feel proud of him? Or was it to divert any suspicion?

He didn't.
The Marine recruiter reached out to Eric. He got his name off a list provided by the school. He contacted Eric on April 2nd (pg. 10087). Eric went to an interview and took a recruitment test on April 5th. He expressed to the recruiter that he wasn't sure he wanted to join and that he wanted to think about it. The recruiter contacted him again on April 8th and again Eric told the recruiter he was thinking about it. The recruiter pushed for a home visit to talk it over with his parents; this was set up for April 15th. And that was the visit at which Kathy Harris revealed Eric was taking Luvox and the recruiter marked Eric as PDQ (permanently disqualified), even though what he told the Harrises at the time was that he'd need to talk to his supervisors about it.
Eric didn't reach out to the recruiter and, presumably, he only went along with it because his parents had been on his back about not having plans for after high school. That was as good a cover as any, I suppose. Eric and Dylan knew NBK was mere days away. I don't believe anything would have diverted him from their plans.

[quote="true_crime"]Why Kids Kill that the majority of shooters have an older, more successful sibling. After Eric’s brother Kevin graduated from Columbine we don’t have a lot of information on him.
We'll never know if this is the case, but my interpretation of Eric is that this is probably accurate. He seemed to want to have respect, wanted people to think he was smart and had advice to give. He seemed to want to be a leader, but he felt that no one wanted his input and he didn't feel respected or in control. Having a brother who had those things may have affected him. Eric seemed to love and respect his brother, though, so while there may have been a degree of jealousy I don't think that he was angry at Kevin for it. Maybe frustrated that he couldn't achieve that level of success, maybe it impacted his view of himself/ lowered his self esteem. Again, I'm speculating based upon what we infer from his writings.

true_crime wrote:
I think Dylan would have still shot at/killed people. I think, for some reason, he felt he had to do that in order to be able to pull the trigger on himself. He needed something he could never "come back" from before he could actually bring himself to suicide. Maybe his spree would have been shorter, maybe he would have killed himself sooner than he did. But I 100% believe that neither boy had any intention of turning back or surviving that day.

Thank you Thelmar for clearing that up for me! I forgot that the recruiter had reached out to him. I agree with you though, he was only doing that to make his parents feel proud of him. I feel that that is the more plausible explanation than trying to cover their plans.

I think that no matter what, neither boy was going to divert from the plan or turn back.

What’s kind of interesting is that when Kevin was a senior and Eric was a freshman Eric would go to his football games (he was a kicker I believe). Eric played soccer his freshman year (I can’t remember if it was a hobby or if he was on a team? I don’t think he made the team). He dressed “preppy” until his junior year. So from the outside looking in it seems that Eric would have been the more popular one. But apparently their junior/senior years Dylan was the more well liked boy and had a pretty large sized circle of friends he hung around with.

Was Eric’s longing to be a leader due to his upbringing of having a retired Air Force father or to increase his self-esteem? Was it due to his family being transient that made Eric feel alone, out of control, and lost? One family the Harrises agreed to meet with afterwards (was it the Mausers?) got the impression that Wayne was stern and the head of the household, kind of a my way or the highway type of person. If you listen to the full call of when Wayne called 911 during the shooting he says that the television is reporting that his son is a member of the Trenchcoat Mafia, that that is what they are calling it on tv. This makes it sound like although he kept notes/a journal about his son’s behavioral incidents, he didn’t truly know his son.

For a school paper Eric wrote “It was the hardest moving from Plattsburgh. I have the most memories from there. When I left (his friends) I felt alone, lost and even agitated that I had spent so much time with them and now I have to go because of something I can’t stop. It doesn’t take long to make a friend but it takes only two words to lose one. Those are we’re moving … Losing a friend is almost the worst thing that can happen to a person especially in the childhood years. Every time I lost one I went through the worst days of my life …”

You’re right, neither boy expected or wanted to leave that school alive on April 20. Dylan even wrote those words. And Eric said he was hoping to go down in an epic gunfight with the cops. It would just be really interesting to see how the shooting would have been different if Gardner had shot Eric.

Miasmom1028

Contribution Points : 48132
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 12:50 pm

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I was wondering if there’s any more information on the relationship between Robyn and Brooks? I don’t remember where I read it, but I do recall Brooks having some sort of animosity towards Robyn. Was it in the 11 K? Or am I misremembering?

It came from his book
"I never liked Robyn. I didn't talk to her much. I knew she had a romantic interest in Dylan, but he didn't return it."

He's also upset that she wasn't punished for helping them buy the guns.
"Did she face charges like Mark and P hilip did? No. Not one. To this day, Robyn has never been charged with anything. Mark provided Eric and Dylan with one weapon, and he's in jail until 2005. Robyn got them three guns, and she's at home.
Funny how our system works
."

I think the main reason is because she complied with the police. She may have cut a deal with them if she gave into.
Back to top Go down
Miasmom1028

Miasmom1028

Contribution Points : 48132
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 4:15 pm

true_crime wrote:

Yes I believe so. They wanted this. I am sure they didn't think a bunch of forensics nerds would be still trying to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Anybody know what Dylan said on the redacted part of Bree's statement, before people start screaming? Would assume not and have my suspicions, but then you guys got the shitlists, etc, somehow.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95974
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 3:22 pm

cakeman wrote:
Anybody know what Dylan said on the redacted part of Bree's statement, before people start screaming?  Would assume not and have my suspicions, but then you guys got the shitlists, etc, somehow.

I don't but I would be interested to find out as well

cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 3:27 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
cakeman wrote:
Anybody know what Dylan said on the redacted part of Bree's statement, before people start screaming?  Would assume not and have my suspicions, but then you guys got the shitlists, etc, somehow.

I don't but I would be interested to find out as well
Notice it says Dylan laughs and says [redacted] and people scream, then Eric laughs and tells Bree everybody will die when they blow up the school. If Dylan's comment was also about blowing up the library, and I can't imagine what else, would bolster my own theory as well as perhaps show how Eric was a 'follower' of Dylan, contra popular wisdom.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 1:22 pm

I've always thought that the redacted comment by Dylan in Bree's statement was in reference to the death erection mentioned by Amanda Stair ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and Josh Lapp. Since many other people mentioned Harris and Klebold talk about blowing up the library it seems odd that it would be redacted only in Bree's statement, whereas, for privacy reasons, they might have wanted to keep the "look at his dick" comment from general public knowledge.
Amanda didn't relay the "dick comment" to police at the time, I believe because she thought she misheard what was said. Josh Lapp relayed it in his statement but he didn't specify where Eric and Dylan were when it was said and Lapp assumed, based on the comment, that they had shot the boy between the legs.  
I guess I've always assumed that, because of where Bree claimed Dylan was standing when he said it, that it would be easy to figure out which victim she was referring to and the police redacted it to protect his privacy and that of his family.
Just my 2 cents, though. I have no proof.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 8:44 pm

thelmar wrote:
I've always thought that the redacted comment by Dylan in Bree's statement was in reference to the death erection mentioned by Amanda Stair ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and Josh Lapp. Since many other people mentioned Harris and Klebold talk about blowing up the library it seems odd that it would be redacted only in Bree's statement, whereas, for privacy reasons, they might have wanted to keep the "look at his dick" comment from general public knowledge.
Amanda didn't relay the "dick comment" to police at the time, I believe because she thought she misheard what was said. Josh Lapp relayed it in his statement but he didn't specify where Eric and Dylan were when it was said and Lapp assumed, based on the comment, that they had shot the boy between the legs.  
I guess I've always assumed that, because of where Bree claimed Dylan was standing when he said it, that it would be easy to figure out which victim she was referring to and the police redacted it to protect his privacy and that of his family.
Just my 2 cents, though. I have no proof.

Honestly, that's a really believable theory. I don't understand why the anyone would redact the statement if it was about blowing up the place since Eric's statement about it wasn't redacted. The people making these documents were not trying to push the leader/follower narrative, so it wouldn't serve them any good to redact the statement. On the other hand, it's possible that it was a mistake and that Eric's statement was meant to be redacted as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The small question thread Part 2.   The small question thread Part 2. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The small question thread Part 2.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next