Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Facebook page and group.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 93743
Forum Reputation : 774

Facebook page and group. Empty
PostSubject: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 8:29 am

Hi,

I've had several people message me about the Facebook page and group, so I wanted to make a post about it here.

Facebook closed the main page and the group. I didn't ban, block, hide, remove anyone from the page or group, they have been deleted.

So I'm working on rebuilding all the information I had on the Facebook page on a different site and once I get it started, I'll share the link to it here.

Thank you to all the people who followed and supported my page/group for the past 7 years.

PostSubject: Re: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 8:54 am

@Jenn wrote:

Facebook closed the main page and the group.

Hi, did they give you any reasons for doing this? When was it, after the Christchurch shooting or before?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 9:26 am

Neah wrote:
@Jenn wrote:

Facebook closed the main page and the group.

Hi, did they give you any reasons for doing this? When was it, after the Christchurch shooting or before?
No, they didn't give me any reason and it was after that shooting. None of the other Columbine groups/pages have been taken down though.

Facebook is sketchy as hell and I honestly think they just do whatever they want and don't really follow any rules because I've seen some pretty graphic stuff on there that is never removed but then an entire page gets taken down with absolutely no explanation.

It sucks that I have to start over but at least it'll be on my own site and not a biased website like Facebook.

PostSubject: Re: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 1:10 am

That's stupid. Facebook is super weird about what it leaves up and takes down... but at the same time its random. School shootings? Nope. Some guy beating a puppy to death? We have to take that down immediately!!! Technically, no gore is supposed to be allowed... but still I see it lots. I've seen dog fighting pages that are still up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 6:18 am

hvernon wrote:
That's stupid. Facebook is super weird about what it leaves up and takes down... but at the same time its random. School shootings? Nope. Some guy beating a puppy to death? We have to take that down immediately!!! Technically, no gore is supposed to be allowed... but still I see it lots. I've seen dog fighting pages that are still up.

They are just zealous when something gets viral and controversial.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 62111
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 3:44 pm

Just make a new group and make a rule that you must report posts to moderators instead of facebook. It's a simple but effective alternative as reporting stuff to facebook seems to be the reason a lot of groups are taken down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 5:31 pm

@InsaneIntruder wrote:
Just make a new group and make a rule that you must report posts to moderators instead of facebook. It's a simple but effective alternative as reporting stuff to facebook seems to be the reason a lot of groups are taken down.
It's not that simple when you have people joining the group just to find stuff to report to FB to get the group taken down. I've had 3 different groups now and all 3 of them were taken down. The 2nd group was literally taken down before anyone even had a chance to post anything in it. So it wasn't because someone posted something offensive that got reported to FB.

I think we're going to move to Discord. I tried messing around with Discord once before but wasn't all that familiar with it but I think I'm going to give it another try instead of bothering with FB again because a lot of people on FB are upset about not having a group anymore, so I'll see how that goes.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 62111
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 5:34 pm

@Jenn wrote:
@InsaneIntruder wrote:
It's not that simple when you have people joining the group just to find stuff to report to FB to get the group taken down. I've had 3 different groups now and all 3 of them were taken down. The 2nd group was literally taken down before anyone even had a chance to post anything in it. So it wasn't because someone posted something offensive that got reported to FB.

I think we're going to move to Discord. I tried messing around with Discord once before but wasn't all that familiar with it but I think I'm going to give it another try instead of bothering with FB again because a lot of people on FB are upset about not having a group anymore, so I'll see how that goes.
Ah, right.

Discord is more of a messaging app so it might not be very convenient to store information on it, but hopefully it works out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 6:08 pm

A lot of people already moved to Discord because of Facebook's control. Maybe Fb will finally realize that and change their policy.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 72300
Forum Reputation : 1090

PostSubject: Re: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 8:33 am

I for one love discord. So if you move I will certainly help if I can

View user profile
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Facebook page and group.   Facebook page and group. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 8:41 pm

@Lizpuff wrote:
I for one love discord.  So if you move I will certainly help if I can
For, sure. I'd love the help. I'm gonna try and set it up this weekend.

Facebook page and group.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Rules, Announcements, and Help :: Important Information, Help, Questions, and Comments-
Jump to: