Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?

Go down 
+4
Jenn
Screamingophelia
Lizpuff
Tesla101
8 posters
AuthorMessage
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Empty
PostSubject: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 12:25 am

I've come across a bunch of these videos in the past few days.
They all seem to have the same captions, yet to me, it doesn't line up with the official timeline.

The audio starts with Patti claiming Eric and Dylan were right outside the library.
Cassie was the 3rd person killed after Kyle and Steven, yet this video has the apparent "peekaboo" exchange happening within a minute of their entrance.
Let's not forget they put their bags on the table and shot out windows for a short period of time before finding Cassie.

Also, some of the audio sounds like background noise from the call center such as "That bitch is dead, go get her".
It's just too clear from the rest to be something Eric or Dylan said. It's messed up that someone from the police or call center would make a comment like that though.

Some of what is claimed to be said I can hear, but other things I don't at all.
Is it safe to say these types of videos got the banter and timeline messed up for the most part?

Here is a good video showing Eric and Dylan's movement through the school from start to finish, including victim locations.

Back to top Go down
Tesla101

Tesla101

Contribution Points : 47904
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 7:56 am

Without this coming across in the wrong way, it's surprising that they didn't kill more. The amount of people they encountered early on, combined with the amount of ammo they had left. It makes you wonder why they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 8:35 am

I liken it to those songs you play backwards and "hear the devil" or whatever. With the words going along with it people will hear anything. Same as like those EVP on ghost shows Sounds like garble til you get the words.

I don't believe these things. I have heard a ton of what you hear is the call center and that seems to make sense so it is hard to separate what is the library and what is not. I know some of it is Eric and Dylan of course but once you get past the first few things I don't believe much of the transcripts

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 8:37 am

I only hear “get up” a couple of woos and Dylan’s “everybody get up now”

Then Val in the extended.

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 9:27 am

Out of all that stuff, I think the only thing they got right was "Get up" and "Everybody get up now". Most of that was background talking on the 911 operator's end.

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 11:49 am

Jenn wrote:
Out of all that stuff, I think the only thing they got right was "Get up" and "Everybody get up now". Most of that was background talking on the 911 operator's end.

Agreed. If someone was able to get rid of the background noise then maybe it would be possible to hear some of the other things they said, but for the most part those two things are the only things I can clearly hear too.

I did hear the "That bitch is dead" comment pretty clear though.

Tesla101 wrote:
Without this coming across in the wrong way, it's surprising that they didn't kill more. The amount of people they encountered early on, combined with the amount of ammo they had left. It makes you wonder why they didn't.

I've always said it was a miracle that only 13 people were killed. I believe there were close to 50 people in the library when Eric and Dylan entered.
Back to top Go down
Tesla101

Tesla101

Contribution Points : 47904
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 12:03 pm

slippy123 wrote:
I've always said it was a miracle that only 13 people were killed. I believe there were close to 50 people in the library when Eric and Dylan entered.

They had the ammo and they had the time, that makes me question why they didn't kill more. The recordings seems to show them having a whale of a time so it's unlikely that guilt or remorse were involved. They seemed to have randomly let people live and randomly killed. I read that only one of the injured victims were ever mentioned by the pair with regards to bullying.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 1:28 pm

Tesla101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

They had the ammo and they had the time, that makes me question why they didn't kill more. The recordings seems to show them having a whale of a time so it's unlikely that guilt or remorse were involved. They seemed to have randomly let people live and randomly killed. I read that only one of the injured victims were ever mentioned by the pair with regards to bullying.

That is one of the biggest mystery's regarding Columbine.
Some people think that it was the whole "playing God" thing, others think that once they had conversations with people it was harder for them to kill them.

I personally think both theories hold weight, but unfortunately we will never know why they let certain people live, and why they didn't kill anyone after they left the library.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 1:32 pm

slippy123 wrote:
Tesla101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

Some people think that it was the whole "playing God" thing, others think that once they had conversations with people it was harder for them to kill them.  

I personally think both theories hold weight, but unfortunately we will never know why they let certain people live, and why they didn't kill anyone after they left the library.

Some may disagree with me but their plan A didn’t involve shooting so close. They wanted to blow up the school and shoot at people running out.I’m not necessarily talking about where they wanted to be in general but they were not planning on being so close to people

I don’t believe either wanted to be school shooters in the sense of the kids that came before them, but when the bombs failed they decided to storm the school.

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 3:30 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
Tesla101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

Some may disagree with me but their plan A didn’t involve shooting so close. They wanted to blow up the school and shoot at people running out.I’m not necessarily talking about where they wanted to be in general but they were not planning on being so close to people

I don’t believe either wanted to be school shooters in the sense of the kids that came before them, but when the bombs failed they decided to storm the school.

That theory is very possible too.
I do agree that they possibly wanted to be known more like people such as Timothy McVeigh other than plain old school shooters.
Back to top Go down
jada887

jada887

Contribution Points : 75528
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 11:41 am

When Patti Nielson made the phone call to 911, she was hiding in a location far away from the other victims. The 911 transcript picks up Dylan's conversation with Todd Evans because Nielson was close enough to pick it up in its entirety. She's too far away, I think; and the fire alarms make it impossible to hear who's saying what, so much of this video's exchange is conjecture, I believe. There's no way to detect who's doing what, or who's saying what to whom, with a great deal of certainty.

There's sophiscated source/sound isolating software out there today that didn't exist in 1999 (e.g., Audionamix, Audacity, etc). The only problem, I think, is distance, but maybe some tech-savvy programmers could fix that.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80497
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 6:40 pm

I'm with all the people who don't hear anything other than "get up". Even that wouldn't shock me if it turned out to be something else.

Tesla101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

I'd bet a reasonable amount of money that they got bored and went looking for the cops. Only in hindsight do we know they didn't enter, and it's considered one of the more anomalous things about Columbine. They would have expected them to be in the school somewhere. No doubt in my mind. Killing cops was undeniably a goal of the massacre and they never got to do it. Before the library massacre is started in earnest, with three deaths, they had already shot at cops three times. Don't think remorse or bullying has much to  do with it.  When their guns are drawn on the infamous CCTV footage, Eric waves his hand. "Cops sighted" was what they decided a hand wave meant.

Screamingophelia wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
Tesla101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

I think it's plausible that talking to people had something to do with it, though Lance really throws a wrench into that, doesn't he? However, as Lance shows, I don't buy they didn't want to be so close. They carried knives which requires being close and Dylan said they were going to storm the school. Probably, if Gardner hadn't shot at them, they would've got awfully close to people running up the cafeteria stairs by entering the west entrance. If they planned to be on the stairs from the beginning, and there's no reason to think they didn't despite imo silly "plan B" parking lot narratives, then they almost surely always planned to enter the west entrance. That's probably why Rachel was shot in the first place. To get her out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Indigowendigo

Indigowendigo

Contribution Points : 55149
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 12:31 pm

The more times I listen to the first video with earbuds in, the more I can teach my brain to isolate certain things. I can hear most of what they are saying. I got better at blocking out Patti the more times I listened.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Indigowendigo wrote:
The more times I listen to the first video with earbuds in, the more I can teach my brain to isolate certain things. I can hear most of what they are saying. I got better at blocking out Patti the more times I listened.

I think it's one of those things where the text on the screen makes you think you heard what they are saying.
If I were to close my eyes and listen, I'd only be able to make out a few things.

Most of it is a reach in my opinion, although there are a few things that I can make out.
If someone could get rid of background static and Patti's voice, then I think we would be able to make a better judgement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?   Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Library banter videos not lining up with official timeline?
Page 1 of 1