Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was Eric a gamma or an omega?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147950
Forum Reputation : 2502

Was Eric a gamma or an omega? Empty
PostSubject: Was Eric a gamma or an omega?   Was Eric a gamma or an omega? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 7:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Alpha: The tall, good-looking guy who is the center of male and female attention. The classic star of the football team who is dating the prettiest cheerleader. The successful business executive with the beautiful, stylish wife. All the women are attracted to him, all the men want to be him or at least his friend. At a social gathering like a party, he's usually the loud guy telling self-flattering stories to whom several attractive women are listening with big, interested eyes. Alphas are only interested in women to the extent that they exist for the alpha's gratification, physical and psychological.

Beta: The good-looking guys who aren't as uniformly attractive or dominant as the Alpha, but are nevertheless confident, attractive to women, and do well with them. At the party, they are the loud guy's friends who showed up with the alcohol and who are flirting with the tier one women and pairing up with the tier two women. Betas tend to genuinely like women and view them in a somewhat optimistic manner, but they don't have total illusions about them either.

Deltas: The normal guys. They can't attract the most attractive women, usually aim for the second-tier women with very limited success, and stubbornly resist paying attention to all of the third-tier women who are reasonably in their league. This is ironic, because deltas would almost always be happier with their closest female equivalents. When a delta does manage to land a second-tier woman, he is constantly afraid that she will lose interest in him and so he will, not infrequently, drive her into the very loss of interest he fears by his non-stop dancing attendance upon her. This is the vast majority of men. In a social setting, these are the men clustered together in groups, each of them making the occasional foray towards various small gaggles of women before beating a hasty retreat when direct eye contact and engaged responses are not forthcoming. Deltas tend to put the female sex on pedestals and have overly optimistic expectations of them; if a man talks about his better half or is an inveterate White Knight, he's probably a delta. They like women, but find them confusing and are a little afraid of them.

Gammas: The outsiders, the unusual ones, the unattractive, and all too often the bitter. Often intelligent, reliably unsuccessful with women, and not uncommonly all but invisible to them, the gamma alternates between placing women on pedestals and hating the entire sex mostly depending upon whether an attractive woman happened to notice his existence or not that day. These are the guys who obsess over individual women for extended periods of time; gammas supply the ranks of stalkers, psycho-jealous ex-boyfriends, and the authors of excruciatingly narcissistic doggerel. In the unlikely event they are at the party, they are in the corner muttering darkly about the behavior of everyone else there... sometimes to themselves. Gammas tend to have have a worship/hate relationship with women which is directly tied to their current situation.

Omega: The truly unfortunate ones. The losers who were never in the game. Sometimes creepy, sometimes damaged, often clueless, and always undesirable. They're not at the party. It would never have crossed anyone's mind to invite them in the first place. Omegas are either totally indifferent to women or hate them with a borderline homicidal fury.

Sigma: The outsiders who don't play the social game and manage to win at it anyhow. The alphas hate sigmas because they are the only men who don't accept or at least acknowledge their social dominance. (NB: Alphas absolutely hate to be laughed at and a sigma can enrage an alpha by simply smiling at him.) Everyone else is vaguely confused by them. At the party, it's the guy who stops by to say hello to a few friends accompanied by a tier one girl that no one has ever seen before. Sigmas often like women, but also tend to be contemptuous of them.

I'd go with gamma, myself.

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68350
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a gamma or an omega?   Was Eric a gamma or an omega? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 9:39 am

I would probably say omega in my opinion. Just because I still think Eric had interests above women, weather it be from past failures or not. I know he wrote in his journal about wanted rough sex and what not but I think that might just tie into the hormones/instincts. Dylan obviously wanted to commit suicide due to not finding his sole mate and being alone. I'm still trying to find out why Eric wanted to...women/loneliness might of played a role but I think there is something deeper with him.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a gamma or an omega?   Was Eric a gamma or an omega? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 am

Maybe Delta?

As a female and as someone who would be around the same age I can say that neither of them were unattractive at all.

It was the environment they were in and also each of them had things in their behaviors that were a turn off etc..

Eric wiped the floor in looks compared to some of those jocks but Eric also had a temper, he had seemingly “odd”interests.

Even Dylan when he put effort into it was pretty damn cute... but there was just something off at that time.

LadyStardust

Contribution Points : 50617
Forum Reputation : 387

PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a gamma or an omega?   Was Eric a gamma or an omega? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 10:25 am

Gamma, maybe Delta in the right environment. If they had gotten away from that school and social structure, they could have definately been Deltas, or even Sigmas! They were good looking, had style, had thier own ideas that were outside of the norm, but needed to mature and gain some self confidence, which could have happened, if they had given themselves a chance.

This list is kind of weird. It makes all men seem mean. Where do the nice guys fit in? I know a lot of nice guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a gamma or an omega?   Was Eric a gamma or an omega? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Eric a gamma or an omega?
Page 1 of 1