Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Timeline question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

Timeline question  Empty
PostSubject: Timeline question    Timeline question  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 11:35 am

I never heard this before, but it sounds like Val got up for a second before Eric and Dylan shot under the table.

khscarymovie4part4 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82782
Forum Reputation : 3068

Timeline question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline question    Timeline question  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 12:24 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I never heard this before, but it sounds like Val got up for a second before Eric and Dylan shot under the table.

In Diwata's mind, it seems that she thinks Val drew the boys over to their table and then they started firing.
But according to other eyewitnesses, including Val and Jeanna Park, they had already fired under the table (Lauren was killed during this first volley). After being hit, Val crawled out from under the table and was screaming, "God, help me", thus her conversation with Dylan.
Val then crawled back under the table and they (I think mostly Eric this time) fired under the table again.

It would be sad if Diwata held some blame in her mind for Val, thinking that if she hadn't attracted attention they might not have attacked their table.
Back to top Go down

Timeline question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline question    Timeline question  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 10:34 pm

Thanks for sharing this video. I had not seen it before. There’s different ways I’m taking this. Twenty years have gone by. Especially in traumatic events our memories are warped. I cannot tell if she is referring to the shooting happening when Val leaves the table after she’s been shot or if she thinks it is what brought the boys over to their table. I’d have to go back and refer to her witness statement to correlate that with this, but even a statement the same day or day after can be misconstrued. It’s a reason I question Bree’s take on it all. She seems to be the only thorough and detailed witness. That’s strange to me. Maybe I’m wrong. It seems like the memories Diwata has are fragments the way she even describes leaving the library that day. It didn’t come across that she was angry at Val (at least not in this video). She suffers from survivors guilt and that may be a reason she’s not angry at Val and just herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Timeline question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline question    Timeline question  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Timeline question
Page 1 of 1