Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[[

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193821
Forum Reputation : 1317

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 9:46 am

Dylan did. He wrote about in a little bit in his journal and somebody supposedly saw him doing something to his arm in class. But no one else ever mentioned that in the 11 K.

I’m not entirely sure about Eric. Though he has punched walls before and I have read that that could be considered a form of self harm.

Didn’t he break his hand or something like that freshman or sophomore year from punching a wall?

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 10:22 am

The issue with self harm is that you also have to know the reasons why people are harming themselves. So if Eric punched walls to feel pain or hurt himself because he felt bad it is self harm. If he punched walls out of anger it is not. And IIRC there was no clear signs that Dylan SHed on his body, right? No scars that would make it clear that he SHed, which is weird although it depends of plenty of things.

I think it is a very interesting topic and I have often wanted to create a thread about SH and mass shooters but I don't think I have enough material to make something interesting. But Nikolas Cruz did, Adam Lanza may have done it and Steven Kazmierczak co-wrote an interesting paper about SH in women prisons.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 11:01 am

William Atchison and Jeff Weise allegedly self-harmed. Cho Seung-Hui did too if one were to count him carving Ax Ishmael into his arm.
Edit: Cho Seung-Hui didn't carve the phrase into his arm but wrote it.

Last edited by NSAhoneypot on Sat May 18, 2019 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120953
Forum Reputation : 3191

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 12:05 pm

I've heard conflicting stories that allege that both of them did it at one point or another. Has anyone looked at the autopsy reports recently? There might be something in there that would let us know for sure.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193821
Forum Reputation : 1317

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 12:12 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I've heard conflicting stories that allege that both of them did it at one point or another. Has anyone looked at the autopsy reports recently? There might be something in there that would let us know for sure.

In Eric’s autopsy report there is a mention of healing marks I think on his arm. And some people had discussed if it could’ve been self harm. I will look it up really quick.

The only scar or marks on Dylan was his scar on his stomach from when he was a baby.

Edited- it’s under extremities but nothing is said about it healing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64912
Forum Reputation : 1210

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

In Eric’s autopsy report there is a mention of healing marks I think on his arm. And some people had discussed if it could’ve been self harm. I will look it up really quick.

The only scar or marks on Dylan was his scar on his stomach from when he was a baby.

Edited- it’s under extremities but nothing is said about it healing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I job shadowed at my local funeral home cause im basically family with the previous owner of it. I had no real interest in ever becoming one but was curious. My God, hats off to morticians. I didn't see any autopsies but I watched a deceased person being made up for service and it was the worst experience of my life. And it was an elderly person. Couldn't imagine having to dissect dead kids.

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 7:19 pm

emanresu wrote:
Neah wrote:
, Adam Lanza may have done it

Adam had kept intentionally burning himself with a lighter in the months before sandy hook.

I didn't know whether it was sure or not, is there something about it on his autopsy if it has been released?
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2019 8:08 pm

I don’t believe Eric’s punctate lacerations were self harm. This would’ve been located on the outside of his upper left arm. I would assume it was from some sort of marks from possibly a gun ricochet or maybe from the crickets. I am not a medical examiner, but marks described like this usually look like red pinpricks and small cuts since they mentioned lacerations. That doesn’t sound like self harm to me. But that’s my opinion. Where have we heard self harm from Eric?
The marks are not noted as healing that I can see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[[
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: