Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?

Go down 
+17
Glamazon
downwardspiral
Vepr
hopevicious
true_crime
InsaneIntruder
Primate Murder
QuestionMark
Smiggles94
Tommy QTR
Tesla101
properground
Jenn
MAB1996
Icarius
sympathyforEandD
a broken human
21 posters
AuthorMessage
a broken human
Banned

Contribution Points : 50032
Forum Reputation : 106

do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Empty
PostSubject: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 7:32 am

I mean it's pretty evident that the prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for nikolas. If he does get the death penalty I'll be very sad about it.
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 70994
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 9:04 am

Why would you be sad?
Back to top Go down
Icarius

Contribution Points : 49578
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 1:40 pm

I hope so...

No one deserved it more then a school shooters...

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
MAB1996

Contribution Points : 46603
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 7:15 am

Probably.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 10:14 am

I think he will, yea. Why wouldn't he? He murdered 17 people. They've given the death penalty in Florida for way less. And he really has nothing to offer as far as a deal.

OctobersQuest and pinkclams like this post

Back to top Go down
properground

Contribution Points : 57949
Forum Reputation : 108

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 11:10 am

I was thinking about this the other day.

The video of him getting arrested makes me think he was going to try to go for an insanity plea. I think it's pretty clear to everyone that he's lying, since that is some pretty bad acting (a la early Keanu Reeves), especially when you watch the videos he made before the shooting.

What strikes me most about him is how *stupid* he seems. I use that word conservatively, and I think it perfectly describes him. He really does seem like someone with an IQ lower than 80 but without any serious mental disabilities (Down syndrome etc).

pinkclams likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tesla101

Tesla101

Contribution Points : 47704
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 11:11 am

a broken human wrote:
I mean it's pretty evident that the prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for nikolas. If he does get the death penalty I'll be very sad about it.

He deserves the death penalty, I'm sure you've watched the arrest video where he was feigning being crazy? He was fully aware of what he was doing and should receive rightful punishment.

Back to top Go down
a broken human
Banned

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 3:41 am

sympathyforEandD wrote:
Why would you be sad?

I just have a lot of sympathy for him

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
a broken human
Banned

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 3:47 am

properground wrote:
I was thinking about this the other day.

The video of him getting arrested makes me think he was going to try to go for an insanity plea. I think it's pretty clear to everyone that he's lying, since that is some pretty bad acting (a la early Keanu Reeves), especially when you watch the videos he made before the shooting.

What strikes me most about him is how *stupid* he seems. I use that word conservatively, and I think it perfectly describes him. He really does seem like someone with an IQ lower than 80 but without any serious mental disabilities (Down syndrome etc).

You've got a point, but aside from this, i still think he doesn't deserve the death penalty

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91742
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 4:25 am

No he won't, the guy is severally mentally ill so if anything he'll sent to a mental health clinic.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 7:13 am

I do not.
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 70994
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 9:41 am

a broken human wrote:
sympathyforEandD wrote:
Why would you be sad?

Why, though? He was a total piece of shit. Shooting up his school, punching his mom. Plus killing helpless animals. The fact he may have been picked on doesn't excuse any of that. I won't feel sorry for him if he fries.

Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70474
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Sadly yes
Back to top Go down
a broken human
Banned

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 5:51 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
No he won't, the guy is severally mentally ill so if anything he'll sent to a mental health clinic.

I think so too. I am suprised he isnt in one already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 2:35 am

I think he will get the electric chair.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 2:47 am

Tommy QTR wrote:

The prosecution is going to dispute any claims of mental illness at every turn if that's the way he pleads. Unless Cruz is ruled unfit for trial (extremely unlikely), it'll be up to a jury to determine if he should be executed or not. If this article is accurate, the odds are stacked far against him. This is not Europe or Canada, America is way more strict when it comes to prosecution and sentencing.

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 am

I think Nikolas Cruz is doomed anyway.
Back to top Go down
a broken human
Banned

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Well he was able to distinguish right from wrong
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 9:10 pm

Columbine20 wrote:
I think he will get the electric chair.

Most likely lethal injection
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 63883
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 9:34 pm

I do believe he will get the death penalty. Although I don't want him to get the death penalty due to how it is the easy way out.

Banned

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 9:35 pm

AmericaMan wrote:
I do believe he will get the death penalty. Although I don't want him to get the death penalty due to how it is the easy way out.

Say if he gets the death penalty, do you know approximately when it would take place? I think his trial is next year?
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 63883
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 9:46 pm

a broken human wrote:
AmericaMan wrote:

Say if he gets the death penalty, do you know approximately when it would take place? I think his trial is next year?

Probably a few years after his trial. But in all honesty, I am not sure.

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 10:40 pm

Depends how he pleads, if he pleads not guilty due to insanity or any other not guilty plea then probably yes.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58349
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 12:51 am

[quote="AmericaMan"]
AmericaMan wrote:

More than likely he’ll sit 25+ years on death row.

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 12:54 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Depends how he pleads, if he pleads not guilty due to insanity or any other not guilty plea then probably yes.

His best bet is to plead guilty for life without parole in prison instead of the death penalty.

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 1:08 am

[quote="sympathyforEandD"]
sympathyforEandD wrote:
Why would you be sad?

Why, though? He was a total piece of shit. Shooting up his school, punching his mom. Plus killing helpless animals. The fact he may have been picked on doesn't excuse any of that. I won't feel sorry for him if he fries.

Totally agree. Cruz and Lanza are the two shooters who I have absolutely no compassion for. For Cruz, it all seems like a big act. And it wasn’t even his mother he punched was it, but instead the woman (no relation) who was kind enough to take him in and let him live in her home?

As for Lanza, he obviously had a litany of problems, many of them relating to his mental health, but I have absolutely no compassion in my heart for anyone who shoots at and murders innocent 5 and 6 year old babies.

Back to top Go down
hopevicious

hopevicious

Contribution Points : 87427
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 2:42 am

Even if he does get the death penalty, he'll probably sit on death row for decades before his sentence is carried out. There are so few shooters that actually made it to jail to compare, and none that killed as many people as he did. He clearly is not very intelligent, but as stupid as he may come off, in the US to be ruled mentally unfit its almost impossible and you basically HAVE to prove that at that time he did not know the difference between right or wrong.

And I feel like for the most part any school shooter knows its wrong. Its not a whim of the moment, accidental, quick thing that happens without thought. It takes a lot of planning, is methodical, there's ample time to go back, change your mind etc. I think he will get the death penalty. Roof did. So did Tsaernev but they are both still sitting on death row despite how bad their crimes were, so regardless he most likely will serve a substantial amount of prison time either way.

I think his letters he's writing where he discusses getting married and having kids, and wanting to live out in nature somewhere are really delusional. Its not just him saying what he wishes could happen, it seems like he really believes there's a possibility that some day he could be free. And even with how young he was I doubt they would EVER consider releasing him, even 50+ years from now.

Vepr

Contribution Points : 40470
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 7:24 pm

I hope not...I hope he gets life at the Supermax in Florence - which is also known as a "Clean version of Hell"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Nah. He will get life at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Probably not, he'll just rot in prison for the rest of his life. Maybe if he's lucky he'll get the Hinckley treatment but I don't see that happening.
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

Contribution Points : 40750
Forum Reputation : 306

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 2:42 am

properground wrote:

This will probably be a deciding factor in his ultimate sentence, especially considering whatever his "mental age" is. I think he will likely get life without parole and the public will probably consider it to be a controversial decision.

Vepr wrote:
I hope not...I hope he gets life at the Supermax in Florence - which is also known as a "Clean version of Hell"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He didn't commit a federal crime, so he wouldn't be going to federal prison. The few prisoners who committed state-level crimes who are in ADX Florence are ones who have successfully or near-successfully attempted to escape other maximum security prisons, so unless he does that, he won't be going there.
Back to top Go down
Glamazon

Contribution Points : 66585
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 10:05 am

Of course he'll get the death penalty. He lives in The United States, not in Norway.

BlackAndWhiteKittenz

Contribution Points : 23919
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2022 12:24 am

Most high profile school shooters commit suicide, he isn't in a federal prison, but yeah it's Florida a death penalty state. I'm thinking 50/50.
Back to top Go down
T C F

Contribution Points : 18918
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 12:05 pm

downwardspiral wrote:
properground wrote:

This will probably be a deciding factor in his ultimate sentence, especially considering whatever his "mental age" is. I think he will likely get life without parole and the public will probably consider it to be a controversial decision.

Vepr wrote:

He didn't commit a federal crime, so he wouldn't be going to federal prison. The few prisoners who committed state-level crimes who are in ADX Florence are ones who have successfully or near-successfully attempted to escape other maximum security prisons, so unless he does that, he won't be going there.

James Holmes was moved from a Colorado State prison to a Federal one in Pennsylvania.

If Nikolas Cruz does not get the death penalty for 17 premeditated murders and many more attempted murders, then nobody will.

Engel

Contribution Points : 35926
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 12:13 am

I really don't care if he does or not, Cruz is one of the most boring and uninteresting shooters I've researched. I guess I found some things interesting about him but other than that idgaf.

At least Eric and Dylan are more relatable even after you've researched almost all you can about them.

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down
pinkclams

pinkclams

Contribution Points : 18545
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 7:45 am

Primate Murder wrote:
a broken human wrote:
AmericaMan wrote:

Most inmates spend over a decade on death row. some even spend the rest of their life and die in it b4 execution is even scheduled. it takes a long time, especially in FL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?    do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

do you predict cruz will get the death penalty?
Page 1 of 1