Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[[

Go down 
+7
DanielGardner
QuestionMark
Tesla101
Primate Murder
LPorter101
UncontinuedProcess
Tommy QTR
11 posters
AuthorMessage

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 2:33 am

The first mass shooting in Virginia since Cho Seuing Hui way back in 2007.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92492
Forum Reputation : 575

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 12:03 pm

It's been a while since the US has had a traditional mass shooting.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 67607
Forum Reputation : 430

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 12:05 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:

Yeah this is a very "classical" disgruntled employee going postal.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 12:28 pm

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Going Postal shootings have kinda disappeared over the last few years, they were prevalent during the 80s and 90s however by the 2000s they had been replaced by School Shootings and now by White Supremacist terror attacks.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 10:05 pm

He used 2 .45 ACP semi-Automatic pistols, one with a suppressor.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 152527
Forum Reputation : 2754

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 10:31 pm

DeWayne Craddock:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64633
Forum Reputation : 446

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 3:00 am

Colored photo of Craddock:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 3:33 am

DeWayne Craddock in highschool in 1995

And in 1996
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 1:28 pm

It was reported today that Craddock put in a letter of resignation that Friday morning. His employer is stating that he did not lose his job nor was he in peril of losing it.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 2:44 pm

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
It was reported today that Craddock put in a letter of resignation that Friday morning. His employer is stating that he did not lose his job nor was he in peril of losing it.

Well, that's certainly an interesting twist. I've been reading that he was fired this whole time which makes sense for the whole "going postal" narrative. Interesting that he was the one to quit the job prior to the shooting. Makes me wonder more what his motives were for the shooting if not that he got fired?
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 3:24 pm

Craddock reminds me of Christopher Dorner, just going on looks.

Perhaps this was a revenge for alleged discrimination in the workplace type deal, and Craddock is just a straight, smarter and better armed version of Vester Flanagan.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 4:14 pm

It does make for a strange turn of events. Washington Post just announced that the man in the car that was killed was the outside contractor just going in for a permit; he was not a worker at that building. I was going to put this off as just a “postal” event, but now I’m getting more curious as more info is released. It is quite possible it was a workplace discrimination, that is a very good thought.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 11:36 pm

Craddock’s email of resignation.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 11:40 pm

Thank you for sharing the email! This case got bizarre when it was noted that he resigned rather than being fired. I was thinking about the whole discrimination thing, but people of color were among those dead as were both men and women. You would think if it were over discrimination he might have targeted a certain group. Even someone who didn't work at the office was killed. Perhaps he just sort of snapped one day?
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 12:27 am

You’re very welcome. “Snapped” may be a possibility. I do hope they find some more info on what may have caused this. He notes personal reasons for leaving his position. Wonder if that’s true or if this may have been preplanned.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 12:37 am

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
You’re very welcome. “Snapped” may be a possibility. I do hope they find some more info on what may have caused this. He notes personal reasons for leaving his position. Wonder if that’s true or if this may have been preplanned.

I feel like resigning only hours before committing the shooting had to be a preplanned idea rather than just something coincidental.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 12:43 am

Absolutely. Also, having a suppressor might be a sign of it being preplanned. Many witnesses claimed they thought the sound was farther away and then suddenly he was on top of them.
Back to top Go down
Tesla101

Tesla101

Contribution Points : 48454
Forum Reputation : 135

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 5:08 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Going Postal shootings have kinda disappeared over the last few years, they were prevalent during the 80s and 90s however by the 2000s they had been replaced by School Shootings and now by White Supremacist terror attacks.  

White supremacist attacks? Can you name me a few?
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 67607
Forum Reputation : 430

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 9:45 am

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
Absolutely. Also, having a suppressor might be a sign of it being preplanned. Many witnesses claimed they thought the sound was farther away and then suddenly he was on top of them.
He also apparently had extended magazines for his pistol so it seems to me that it was preplanned rather he just "snapped". This email is interesting in that there is basically no call or need for it if he intended on shooting up the place hours later or maybe in his mind he intended to serve as a cryptic prelude for things to come even though there's nothing really in the email that would suggest he was about to go on a shooting spree.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 11:23 am

Tesla101 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

White supremacist attacks? Can you name me a few?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 12:24 pm

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
He also apparently had extended magazines for his pistol so it seems to me that it was preplanned rather he just "snapped". This email is interesting in that there is basically no call or need for it if he intended on shooting up the place hours later or maybe in his mind he intended to serve as a cryptic prelude for things to come even though there's nothing really in the email that would suggest he was about to go on a shooting spree.

Maybe it was a bit more complicated. I can imagine that this guy might've idly thought about killing people for a while (hence the purchases of extended mags and a suppressor), but was never fully committed to the idea until the very day he decided to do it.

I think it largely depends on what the circumstances behind his resignation was. I feel like he made a snap decision to go on a shooting spree instead of a quiet resignation.

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 3:35 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
SenSpiritedAway wrote:

Maybe it was a bit more complicated. I can imagine that this guy might've idly thought about killing people for a while (hence the purchases of extended mags and a suppressor), but was never fully committed to the idea until the very day he decided to do it.

I think it largely depends on what the circumstances behind his resignation was. I feel like he made a snap decision to go on a shooting spree instead of a quiet resignation.

Yeah, that's what I mean by "snapped". He just decided to shoot up his workplace rather than something happening to make him want to shoot up the workplace. He took some time to plan it first before going on the spree, but something inside the guy just "snapped" and he decided to go on the spree. I don't really mean it in a last minute decision sense. It was clear this was something he planned. But I am thinking maybe there really weren't any circumstances that made him want to shoot up his workplace other than a desire to do just that.
Back to top Go down
DanielGardner

DanielGardner

Contribution Points : 56925
Forum Reputation : 83

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 4:11 pm

This reminds me of Gary Martins shooting back in February. Dewayne Craddock is like a worse version of him
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64633
Forum Reputation : 446

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 1:27 am

DanielGardner wrote:
This reminds me of Gary Martins shooting back in February. Dewayne Craddock is like a worse version of him

Gary Martin: Postal shooter. Jr.

Dewayne Craddock: Postal shooter. Sr.

(If you don’t get it, I could explain the reference)
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 59099
Forum Reputation : 296

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 12:53 am

The email was sent at 12:41 PM and the shooting began at 4:10 PM. It will be kind of interesting to see what all the perpetrator was doing during that time frame.

He worked there for 15 years so the workplace discrimination theory doesn’t seem likely.

If you read the email it is short and to the point. However, the tone doesn’t seem angry at all. In fact, he even writes “It has been a pleasure working for Virginia Beach.” That sure doesn’t sound like someone holding a grudge, disgruntled, or “snapped.”

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 am

I just found an article that is stating one of the victims told her husband the night before the shooting that she wished she could bring a gun to work with her for her protection. Victim said the night before that she was concerned about Craddock and one other person at the workplace.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm

true_crime wrote:
The email was sent at 12:41 PM and the shooting began at 4:10 PM. It will be kind of interesting to see what all the perpetrator was doing during that time frame.

He worked there for 15 years so the workplace discrimination theory doesn’t seem likely.

If you read the email it is short and to the point. However, the tone doesn’t seem angry at all. In fact, he even writes “It has been a pleasure working for Virginia Beach.” That sure doesn’t sound like someone holding a grudge, disgruntled, or “snapped.”

It can be really, really hard to read tone over the computer. Also, he might have intentionally written a calm email. A very angry or harsh email would draw attention for sure. Writing a calm resignation email makes it easier for him to just come in and shoot up the place without people expecting it to happen.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 6:14 pm

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
I just found an article that is stating one of the victims told her husband the night before the shooting that she wished she could bring a gun to work with her for her protection. Victim said the night before that she was concerned about Craddock and one other person at the workplace.

Could you re-post the article? I haven't heard any news reports stating that Craddock's co-workers were afraid of him or concerned by his behavior, so this might shed some new light on the case. IMO, the story sounds a bit fishy.

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Absolutely. Here you go.

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 9:34 pm

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
Absolutely. Here you go.

Thanks!

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 11:44 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
SenSpiritedAway wrote:
Absolutely. Here you go.

Thanks!

It’s my pleasure. I do hope we get some more info on this one. I’m really curious as to his motives. I’ll def post any new news I hear.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 1:23 am

Not much of anything new except for the fact that the victim who told her husband she wanted to bring a gun to work because she was scared of someone was NOT Craddock. She was referring to another employee that they let go that day. Her husband stated that the victim told him the night before that this other employee had spoken of shooting up the place in the past.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73520
Forum Reputation : 330

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 1:33 am

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
Not much of anything new except for the fact that the victim who told her husband she wanted to bring a gun to work because she was scared of someone was NOT Craddock. She was referring to another employee that they let go that day. Her husband stated that the victim told him the night before that this other employee had spoken of shooting up the place in the past.
I wonder what that guy thinks of what happened.
Back to top Go down
KMFDM

Contribution Points : 49268
Forum Reputation : 55

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Were George Hennard, Woo Bum-kon, Martin Bryant and Stephen Paddock's attacks "going postal shootings"?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 9:25 pm

KMFDM wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Were George Hennard, Woo Bum-kon, Martin Bryant and Stephen Paddock's attacks "going postal shootings"?
No, a going postal shooting is when someone commits a mass shooting at their workplace (usually because they were fired).

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Read another article in regards to the victims family that originally claimed she wanted to bring a gun to work for protection. The Nixon family is claiming the victim knew Craddock was not a model employee, going against what the investigators are stating about him. They feel the state isn’t being transparent in regards to the investigation and they want an independent one done. They also want more employee info on Craddock released.
I keep my eye out for this case but it’s all tight lipped as of right now. I’ll link the article.
Also, found some pics from outside of Craddock’s house. Looks like he had lots of security cameras placed around his windows. Found those on heavy.com

Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66944
Forum Reputation : 248

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 5:32 pm

SenSpiritedAway wrote:
Read another article in regards to the victims family that originally claimed she wanted to bring a gun to work for protection. The Nixon family is claiming the victim knew Craddock was not a model employee, going against what the investigators are stating about him. They feel the state isn’t being transparent in regards to the investigation and they want an independent one done. They also want more employee info on Craddock released.
I keep my eye out for this case but it’s all tight lipped as of right now. I’ll link the article.
Also, found some pics from outside of Craddock’s house. Looks like he had lots of security cameras placed around his windows. Found those on heavy.com

Damn. Why would he need all of those security cameras?

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 5:56 pm

School Massacre Archives wrote:

Easy, he was keeping an eye out for Slender Man, or the demon from Paranormal Activity.

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 6:03 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
School Massacre Archives wrote:

Easy, he was keeping an eye out for Slender Man, or the demon from Paranormal Activity.

LMAO. He actin like Hello Neighbor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[[
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Other Mass Shootings-
Jump to: