Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass Shooting and fitness

Go down 
+4
AmyistWarrior
Kaynhyde
UncontinuedProcess
6psicótico6orgulhoso6
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Mass Shooting and fitness Empty
PostSubject: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Have any mass shooters struggled during a mass shooting because they were unfit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 3:17 pm

Well, unless a shooting is carried out by an extremely obese or anorexic entity, I can't imagine their physical shape getting in the way of adrenaline rush that simply gets them so high they have no time for feeling unfit to pull the trigger.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 3:31 pm

patogen wrote:
Well, unless a shooting is carried out by an extremely obese or anorexic entity, I can't imagine their physical shape getting in the way of adrenaline rush that simply gets them so high they have no time for feeling unfit to pull the trigger.

Lanza was extremely thin for someone of his age and height. I don't know if it bordered on anorexia or not because frankly I don't know enough about Lanza. I do know, however, that he was carrying around 30 pounds of gear. That's not all that heavy, but it might have been to him when you consider first responders though his body was that of a child's body. He seemed to have no trouble carrying anything at all from witness reports. I have to agree with you that the adrenaline rush makes it capable for many of the mass shooters to do a lot of things that might seem "super human". I don't think any mass shooter has ever had trouble carrying anything or finishing the job by being simply unfit.
Back to top Go down
6psicótico6orgulhoso6

6psicótico6orgulhoso6

Contribution Points : 45260
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 12:44 am

Lanza,s BDMI was 14 at some point which is anorexic but he also keept himself fit by playing DDR up to 12 hours a day so i doubt he struggeled

"Never lose hope, be persistent and stubborn and never give up. There are many instances in history where apparent losers suddenly turn out to be winners unexpectedly, so you should never conclude all hope is lost." Theodor Kaczynski

Denethor likes this post

Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66857
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 2:39 am

I think one of the reasons that Stephen Paddock decided to commit a mass shooting from an elevated position was because he probably didn't think he wasn't energetic enough to do one on ground level compared to far younger and more fit mass shooters because after all he was an over 60-year old boomer. Plus the fact if he intended to use bump-stock weapons which require frequent reloading and could be prone to overheating so he probably chose to his shooting elevated so he could have peace while reloading or changing weapons and not really fear being jumped or restrained.

Not trying to be ableist or fat shaming but Ali Sonboly seems alot "chubbier" to say the least compared to other mass shooters.

I wonder if any shooters felt physically exhausted after their shootings, tried from moving around rapidly, firing constantly and the adrenaline rush. To me, I can easily imagine Eric & Dylan as well as Lanza being somewhat tired by the end of their sprees. Apparently when Rainer Heise confronted Robert Steinhäuser near the end of his shooting, he was apparently sweating so he might felt exhausted but it could also have been that he was wearing a mask and that the heat was getting to him.

Tropical, AmyistWarrior and Kłléyn: Lord of Utero like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 2:03 pm

I have read that Brenton Tarrant was obsessed with fitness, and spent alot of time in the gym.
Back to top Go down
AmyistWarrior
Banned

Contribution Points : 12347

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 7:20 pm

Guest wrote:
I have read that Brenton Tarrant was obsessed with fitness, and spent alot of time in the gym.
He was literally a fucking gym trainer.
Back to top Go down
Kaynhyde

Kaynhyde

Contribution Points : 22374
Forum Reputation : 289

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 9:51 pm

AmyistWarrior wrote:
Guest wrote:

Crying because you were probably the fat kid in school

TheNeuroSurge likes this post

AmyistWarrior dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
AmyistWarrior
Banned

Contribution Points : 12347

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 3:28 am

ColaEnthusiast wrote:
AmyistWarrior wrote:
Guest wrote:

Crying because you were probably the fat kid in school
No. What the fuck?
Back to top Go down
Arano

Arano

Contribution Points : 7699
Forum Reputation : 297

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2023 10:15 pm

Cho tried to get jacked but TRAGICALLY passed as a DYEL (pic rel). I think it's really interesting when shooters lift all the way to the actual main event. I remember Breivik said he was drinking 4 protein shakes a day and needed maximum muscle energy for the attack. Obviously he was talking about carrying all his gear and his Ruger but the concept itself reminds me of the shit Yukio Mishima wrote about on dying a heroic death with the body of a hero (obviously they aren't heroic but still)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tropical, Denethor and ParanoidAndroid like this post

Back to top Go down
Tropical

Tropical

Contribution Points : 12267
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 10:07 am

Lyndon Mcleod was a pretty buffed guy, so I dont think he had too many problems. I also remember another mass shooter that was pretty buffed and enter in a physical confrontation between his shooting what he quickily overpowered his aggressor, but I dont remember the shooter named
Back to top Go down
kazimir5505

kazimir5505

Contribution Points : 4469

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 2:07 pm

Devon Erickson is 5'5" and weighed a mere 95lb at the time of his arrest, giving him a BMI of 15.8. Seems like a major part of how he was tackled and subdued so easily.

Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Contribution Points : 29413
Forum Reputation : 216

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 11:43 pm

kazimir5505 wrote:
Devon Erickson is 5'5" and weighed a mere 95lb at the time of his arrest, giving him a BMI of 15.8. Seems like a major part of how he was tackled and subdued so easily.
He wasn't 5'5 based off of a photo of when he first appeared in court he was roughly the same height as the people around him. He's about 5'10.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

kazimir5505 likes this post

Back to top Go down
kazimir5505

kazimir5505

Contribution Points : 4469

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2023 12:59 am

Darkness wrote:
kazimir5505 wrote:
He wasn't 5'5 based off of a photo of when he first appeared in court he was roughly the same height as the people around him. He's about 5'10.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My mistake, thank you for the correction. Very Happy Maybe his arrest affidavit used outdated info?

Darkness likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooting and fitness   Mass Shooting and fitness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Shooting and fitness
Page 1 of 1