Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Post new topic   Reply to topic
 

 False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
emanresu
Top Contributor


Posts : 302
Contribution Points : 57078
Forum Reputation : 300
Join date : 2018-12-26

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 7:09 pm

An official list of incorrect reporting that happened at the time of mass shootings occuring:

Sandy hook | This photo is Adam: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Adam posted on 4chan about the shooting he was going to commit, Ryan Lanza did Sandy Hook, Ryan put up numerous facebook posts claiming he didn't do the shooting (it was a hoax profile)
Virginia tech | Cho posted on 4chan about the shooting he was going to commit, Cho's parents attempted suicide, Cho committed suicide on a stairwell, Cho was in the military: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Westroads mall | Robert Hawkins was an african american man and was wearing a camouflage vest at the time of the shooting, Robert posted on 4chan about the shooting he was going to commit
Pulse nightclub | Omar Mateen was bipolar
Sutherland springs | Devin Kelley had ties to Antifa
Las vegas | Stephen Paddock had ties to ISIS, a woman in the crowd got into an argument and said "you're all going to fucking die today" 45 mins before the shooting happened

Feel free to put your own falsely reported facts up. It would be nice to have some for columbine since I barely know anything about it and don't even know where to start with it.


Last edited by emanresu on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

MilverSoxie likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Posts : 616
Contribution Points : 41309
Forum Reputation : 213
Join date : 2018-09-29
Location : Illinois

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 9:10 pm

Sutherland springs | The shooter was Sam Hyde

_________________
Owner of the official School Massacre Archives YouTube channel.

MilverSoxie likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Posts : 228
Contribution Points : 46120
Forum Reputation : 486
Join date : 2018-07-27

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 9:11 pm

When the V-Tech shooting was hot off the press, the news was saying that Cho murdered Emily Hilscher because he was secretly in love with her and jealous of her boyfriend, or she was his ex-girlfriend and it was a lovers' tiff gone wrong. There's no evidence he even knew who she was. Reporters just pulled that out of their butt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Posts : 783
Contribution Points : 35072
Forum Reputation : 359
Join date : 2019-04-04
Location : Burgerland

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 10:50 pm

Eric and Dylan are gay.

_________________
"The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling" - Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emanresu
Top Contributor


Posts : 302
Contribution Points : 57078
Forum Reputation : 300
Join date : 2018-12-26

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 2:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
When the V-Tech shooting was hot off the press, the news was saying that Cho murdered Emily Hilscher because he was secretly in love with her and jealous of her boyfriend, or she was his ex-girlfriend and it was a lovers' tiff gone wrong. There's no evidence he even knew who she was. Reporters just pulled that out of their butt.

Yes I in fact had made that thread but it turned out there was evidence [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
“You guys are doing a fucking phenomenal job by the way, beers are on me later.”

- A deputy officer to his fellow comrades as they are about to ambush Stephen Paddock’s hotel room, 1 October 2017.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6psicótico6orgulhoso6

6psicótico6orgulhoso6

Posts : 37
Contribution Points : 20386
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2019-05-30
Age : 21

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 5:32 am

When the 2016 munich shooting happened people first claimed the perpetrators where 3 arabic man with long rifles and as that turned out to be false a tourist claimed Ali David Sonboly screamed "allahu ackbar" before firing.
Later as people knew one of the real motives ( his dislike for muslims) it was still not proven that he didnt scream it at the beginning but if he did it was meant as some sort of sarcastic joke that he screamed before shooting muslim looking youths.

_________________
"If our society had no social problems at all, the leftists would have to INVENT problems in order to provide themselves with an excuse for making a fuss." - Theodor Kaczynski
"Never lose hope, be persistent and stubborn and never give up. There are many instances in history where apparent losers suddenly turn out to be winners unexpectedly, so you should never conclude all hope is lost." Theodor Kaczynski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Posts : 228
Contribution Points : 46120
Forum Reputation : 486
Join date : 2018-07-27

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 6:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
When the V-Tech shooting was hot off the press, the news was saying that Cho murdered Emily Hilscher because he was secretly in love with her and jealous of her boyfriend, or she was his ex-girlfriend and it was a lovers' tiff gone wrong. There's no evidence he even knew who she was. Reporters just pulled that out of their butt.

Yes I in fact had made that thread but it turned out there was evidence [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's very interesting. Sending blank text messages and using an alias does sound like something Cho would do. And he began texting her only two months before the shooting? Was Emily the last girl Cho attempted to communicate with, and he shot her because she was yet another girl who "rejected" him, I wonder?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krieg

Krieg

Posts : 155
Contribution Points : 35526
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2017-10-25

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 6:50 am

I remember when the Sandy Hook shooting happened people said that Adam had a file in his computer with things that made him angry. It's like he was conditioning himself to be angry all the time to actually commit murder
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanielGardner

DanielGardner

Posts : 153
Contribution Points : 31165
Forum Reputation : 83
Join date : 2018-08-07

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 12:11 pm

When sandy hook happened the first report I read said that Ryan and Adam had shot up the school together
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 6147
Contribution Points : 164272
Forum Reputation : 1088
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 39

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 12:57 pm

On my local news they reported Eric and Dylan were wearing black masks, swastika arm bands, machine guns and were in their 20's.


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Posts : 1414
Contribution Points : 43026
Forum Reputation : 227
Join date : 2019-01-26
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 3:04 pm

One newspaper article falsely reported that 25 people died in Columbine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 4:46 pm

There were reports that 25 people were injured by Derrick Bird, it was actually 11.
Back to top Go down
MAB1996



Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 21728
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2019-05-28

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 am

Anders Breivik was a paranoid schizophrenic (I know he was diagnosed with it before his trial, but it makes as much sense as Omar Mateen being bipolar).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MAB1996



Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 21728
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2019-05-28

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 9:58 am

Also, Omar Mateen was secretly gay/bisexual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Posts : 783
Contribution Points : 35072
Forum Reputation : 359
Join date : 2019-04-04
Location : Burgerland

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2019 10:39 pm

People actually thought David Katz shot up the tournament because he got angry after losing. Even Mister Metokur fell for it.

_________________
"The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling" - Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Posts : 783
Contribution Points : 35072
Forum Reputation : 359
Join date : 2019-04-04
Location : Burgerland

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2019 10:59 pm

A news website actually said that Lanza yelled, “I am the devil!” while shooting up Sandy Hook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Posts : 3967
Contribution Points : 88433
Forum Reputation : 2923
Join date : 2017-09-04

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 12:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
People actually thought David Katz shot up the tournament because he got angry after losing. Even Mister Metokur fell for it.

Wait a second, when was this disproved? I guess you could argue that the shooting was premeditated to some degree since he brought his guns with him, but other than that, what's the actual reason he did it?

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Posts : 783
Contribution Points : 35072
Forum Reputation : 359
Join date : 2019-04-04
Location : Burgerland

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 1:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
People actually thought David Katz shot up the tournament because he got angry after losing. Even Mister Metokur fell for it.

Wait a second, when was this disproved? I guess you could argue that the shooting was premeditated to some degree since he brought his guns with him, but other than that, what's the actual reason he did it?

I personally believe the shooting was motivated by a personal grudge against Eli Clayton. Before the shooting, Clayton did bully Katz in some ways. Katz even shot Clayton four times in the head and once in the chest. Clayton was even the first guy he shot. Everything after that was most likely a power trip. Robertson was shot only once. Katz even willingly spared the person he lost to.

_________________
"The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling" - Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 6:59 am

N/A


Last edited by Duluth on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Posts : 285
Contribution Points : 33474
Forum Reputation : 296
Join date : 2019-01-11
Location : Mountains & Molehills

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 10:18 pm

[quote="Primate Murder"]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
People actually thought David Katz shot up the tournament because he got angry after losing. Even Mister Metokur fell for it.

Wait a second, when was this disproved? I guess you could argue that the shooting was premeditated to some degree since he brought his guns with him, but other than that, what's the actual reason he did it?

I personally believe the shooting was motivated by a personal grudge against Eli Clayton. Before the shooting, Clayton did bully Katz in some ways. Katz even shot Clayton four times in the head and once in the chest. Clayton was even the first guy he shot. Everything after that was most likely a power trip. Robertson was shot only once. Katz even willingly spared the person he lost to.

So there is not any evidence disproving this.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  True crime enthusiast for over 15 years  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Posts : 783
Contribution Points : 35072
Forum Reputation : 359
Join date : 2019-04-04
Location : Burgerland

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 12:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
People actually thought David Katz shot up the tournament because he got angry after losing. Even Mister Metokur fell for it.

Wait a second, when was this disproved? I guess you could argue that the shooting was premeditated to some degree since he brought his guns with him, but other than that, what's the actual reason he did it?

I personally believe the shooting was motivated by a personal grudge against Eli Clayton. Before the shooting, Clayton did bully Katz in some ways. Katz even shot Clayton four times in the head and once in the chest. Clayton was even the first guy he shot. Everything after that was most likely a power trip. Robertson was shot only once. Katz even willingly spared the person he lost to.

So there is not any evidence disproving this.

The only evidence disproving the lose theory is the fact that Katz pointed his gun at the person he lost to but decided not to shoot him and he moved the laser pointer away. I forgot to mention the fact that the person Katz lost to even believed that the shooting wasn't motivated by anger after losing.

_________________
"The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling" - Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Posts : 1414
Contribution Points : 43026
Forum Reputation : 227
Join date : 2019-01-26
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 4:01 pm

Vladislav Roslyakov tortured cats. A neighbor claimed he did this, but his mother said he never harmed any animals. I'm not sure if it's actually false, but I think it probably is.

_________________
"Now! Feel death, not just mocking you. Not just stalking you but inside of you. Wriggle and writhe. Feel smaller beneath my might. Seizure in the Pestilence that is my scythe. Die, all of you."
- T.J. Lane (in his Facebook poem)

diabolus and margaflor like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 4:08 pm

I heard one of the first news articles reported William Atchison in addition to killing Francisco Fernandez and Casey Marque also injured 15 others, but this was OBVIOUSLY false
Back to top Go down
Ruteeo
Banned
Ruteeo

Posts : 44
Contribution Points : 7765
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2020-11-02
Age : 16
Location : Colorado

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 10:26 am

Media claimed "Nancy lanza worked at sandy hook". However this was never proven and is widely considered to be false.

_________________
"I will eliminate those who disgust me... the human perverts".

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burn

Burn

Posts : 548
Contribution Points : 26850
Forum Reputation : 106
Join date : 2019-05-21

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2021 9:57 pm

False: Federico Guevara was part of ''Legión Holk''.

True: The Secretariat of the Interior ruled out that Federico belonged to Legión Holk. However, the federal police's electronic crimes division found out that he was member of a similar group that had been created recently, but it's worth mentioning that he didn't leave any activity.


False: Yezmín Betts Llanes, José Ángel's mother, was murdered.

True: Yezmín died from a complication caused by diabetes and metabolic ketoacidosis in 2014.

_________________
''Born To Raise Hell.''

Alex213 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2021 11:04 pm

There were a lot of reports that Nancy Lanza was a doomsday prepper. She was not. It was a false rumor based on speculation from her sister-in-law who hadn’t seen her for years.
Back to top Go down
Alex213
Top Contributor
Alex213

Posts : 264
Contribution Points : 26387
Forum Reputation : 188
Join date : 2019-03-22

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 10:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
False: Yezmín Betts Llanes, José Ángel's mother, was murdered.

True: Yezmín died from a complication caused by diabetes and metabolic ketoacidosis in 2014.

Also, the grandmother of Angel Betts was the one who was murdered.


Another false fact: That it was seen on the cctv of Weis market that Randy Stair walked behind Kristen N. (the surviving victim), and then went away + Kristen didn’t noticed that there was a shooting because she was listening to music.
It’s all false, and it gets repeated a lot, because it’s on the Wikipedia article of the shooting.
Kristen did notice what was going on, because she was next to the girl that died when she was shot. Then Randy and Kristen stared at each-other for a few seconds, and Stair walked away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaflor
Top 10 Contributor
margaflor

Posts : 744
Contribution Points : 31066
Forum Reputation : 160
Join date : 2019-09-21
Age : 18

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 4:06 pm

Many media says that guilherme taucci was a fan of bolsonaro, when he hate the goverment until his last moments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HURRIKANE

HURRIKANE

Posts : 61
Contribution Points : 12752
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2020-04-24
Location : endless scrutiny, Minnesota

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 8:52 pm

There is zero proof that Jeff Weise was a big fan of "Horrorcore" music.

Jimmy Donn claims that his album "The Darker Side" was found inside of Jeffs backpack at the school, which is not true. No backpack was recovered at the scene that belonged to Jeff.

It is also claimed that Jeff was a fan of another Horrorcore artist called "Mars", and there is zero proof of that as well, and was likely made up in order to promote Horrorcore/put it in the news.

_________________
“I'm trying to do something lasting. Something that, God forbid in the next life, it does go on, I can look back at this if I'm able to and, and know that okay maybe I didn't technically do the right thing but I tried to do something to help. I didn't just fade away, I didn't just turn tail and run and let those fuckers win, but I did what I could to make a difference.” - Ricky Rodriguez

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
HURRIKANE

HURRIKANE

Posts : 61
Contribution Points : 12752
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2020-04-24
Location : endless scrutiny, Minnesota

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 pm

The ATF originally claimed that Steven Kazmierczak used a Remington Model 870, but then later claimed he used a Remington Sportsman Model 48. All of the witness accounts claim that Steven used a pump action shotgun as well. I have attempted to reach out to the ATF in order to get photographs of the Shotgun used in the Shooting, but was denied multiple times.

_________________
“I'm trying to do something lasting. Something that, God forbid in the next life, it does go on, I can look back at this if I'm able to and, and know that okay maybe I didn't technically do the right thing but I tried to do something to help. I didn't just fade away, I didn't just turn tail and run and let those fuckers win, but I did what I could to make a difference.” - Ricky Rodriguez

QuestionMark and diabolus like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

Posts : 820
Contribution Points : 14936
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2021-04-28
Age : 18
Location : Canada

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 2:40 pm

I still see this image circulating sometimes:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It was a hoax.
Also, this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some say that Adam Lanza posted about his attack on 4chan too.
It is true that someone did suggest their suicide said they were in Conneticut, posting the Columbine suicide picture along with it. However, the IP address was investigated and found to not belong to Adam.

Someone who claimed to be in class with Adam said he would shout “Du Hast” a lot (presumably in reference in the Rammstein song.)
There is overwhelming evidence that this was not the case, and the person, one Bryan Applegate, was in all likelihood lying for attention (or, to give him the benefit of the doubt, confusing Adam with someone else somehow.)

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaflor
Top 10 Contributor
margaflor

Posts : 744
Contribution Points : 31066
Forum Reputation : 160
Join date : 2019-09-21
Age : 18

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 11:51 pm

It was said that Adam Lanza had a website where he worshiped the devil and with Gothic letters with the word "Devil", this is false since that site never existed. Other rumors about Lanza being satanic is that a classmate supposedly said that Adam was a devil worshiper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

Posts : 820
Contribution Points : 14936
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2021-04-28
Age : 18
Location : Canada

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Some initial reports said Eric and Dylan were wearing masks.
The instagram account nibba_leader was initially reported to belong to Nathaniel Berhow due to it's post "Saugus have fun at school tomorrow" but it was later revealed to be an edgy meme account cashing in on the shooting for attention. This was confirmed when the account posted a picture of a clown after the shooting was over and Berhow was brain dead. Nathaniel's actual account was apparently yt._natha_n, but I haven't found any pictures or information about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Posts : 3967
Contribution Points : 88433
Forum Reputation : 2923
Join date : 2017-09-04

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The ATF originally claimed that Steven Kazmierczak used a Remington Model 870, but then later claimed he used a Remington Sportsman Model 48. All of the witness accounts claim that Steven used a pump action shotgun as well. I have attempted to reach out to the ATF in order to get photographs of the Shotgun used in the Shooting, but was denied multiple times.

I remember reading in Last Day on Earth that a potential reason the model of the gun didn't seem to be consistent between being a Model 870 and a Model 48 was because the ATF didn't want to have to admit that all the forms used to buy an 870 went through with the wrong model listed. Whether this is legitimate or not I have no idea.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koschei

Koschei

Posts : 104
Contribution Points : 2891
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2021-06-04
Age : 20
Location : The land of unknown pleasures

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 8:28 am

When James Holmes was arrested he referred to himself as the Joker

_________________
Between Eros and Thanatos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaflor
Top 10 Contributor
margaflor

Posts : 744
Contribution Points : 31066
Forum Reputation : 160
Join date : 2019-09-21
Age : 18

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 3:56 pm

A lot of media said that Guilherme  Taucci and Luiz de Castro had swastikas tattoos .That was never confirmed and is probably false.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Posts : 1414
Contribution Points : 43026
Forum Reputation : 227
Join date : 2019-01-26
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 6:05 pm

A couple news stations said that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold wore Marilyn Manson shirts during the Columbine shooting, which might have started some of the Marilyn Manson blame. I think the whole blame Manson got was idiotic. They didn't like him that much and even if they did, how is he responsible?

_________________
"Now! Feel death, not just mocking you. Not just stalking you but inside of you. Wriggle and writhe. Feel smaller beneath my might. Seizure in the Pestilence that is my scythe. Die, all of you."
- T.J. Lane (in his Facebook poem)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Posts : 1414
Contribution Points : 43026
Forum Reputation : 227
Join date : 2019-01-26
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 6:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Some initial reports said Eric and Dylan were wearing masks.
The instagram account nibba_leader was initially reported to belong to Nathaniel Berhow due to it's post "Saugus have fun at school tomorrow" but it was later revealed to be an edgy meme account cashing in on the shooting for attention. This was confirmed when the account posted a picture of a clown after the shooting was over and Berhow was brain dead. Nathaniel's actual account was apparently yt._natha_n, but I haven't found any pictures or information about it.
All I know about Nathan's actual account is that it's still up, and only has an XXXTENTACION profile picture, a few followers, and no posts.

_________________
"Now! Feel death, not just mocking you. Not just stalking you but inside of you. Wriggle and writhe. Feel smaller beneath my might. Seizure in the Pestilence that is my scythe. Die, all of you."
- T.J. Lane (in his Facebook poem)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

Posts : 820
Contribution Points : 14936
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2021-04-28
Age : 18
Location : Canada

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 7:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
All I know about Nathan's actual account is that it's still up, and only has an XXXTENTACION profile picture, a few followers, and no posts.
I had no clue it was still up, I'm an idiot, thank you. (Link.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

Posts : 820
Contribution Points : 14936
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2021-04-28
Age : 18
Location : Canada

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 10:13 am

Anthony "T.J." Solomon (1999 Heritage High School shooting):
News reports said his girlfriend broke up with him shortly before the attack. In reality, he did not have a girlfriend.
The news also said he was bullied, which he was not.
Also, the claims that he brought a gun to school prior to the shooting were unable to be substantiated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

Posts : 820
Contribution Points : 14936
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2021-04-28
Age : 18
Location : Canada

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 2:12 pm

After Michael Andrew Clark's sniper attack in 1965, some newspapers speculated whether he might be responsible for other Southern California sniping incidents. He was not.

Nathaniel Berhow was initially considered one of the wounded in the Saugus High School shooting and the shooter was reported to have escaped. (Considering that he shot himself in the side of the head, I would understand the confusion.) If I recall correctly, though don't quote me on this, they only realized for sure when they reviewed the CCTV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
diabolus
Top Contributor
diabolus

Posts : 337
Contribution Points : 23332
Forum Reputation : 60
Join date : 2019-08-31
Age : 18
Location : Luxembourg

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 3:34 am

After the shooting, it was reported that José Ángel Ramos Betts used a .22 caliber pistol in addition to his .40 caliber Glock. In reality, he actually used a .25 caliber Raven MP-25. Source: Nueve disparos, Crónica del tiroteo escolar que sacudió a la nación
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MilverSoxie

MilverSoxie

Posts : 164
Contribution Points : 11188
Forum Reputation : 73
Join date : 2020-10-09
Age : 19
Location : Made with love in the USA

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 3:55 am

It was reported that Hayden Jagst had shot his own father with a rifle and fled the scene, but it was later found that Randy Brown and Bill Ockham had beaten the victim to death with hammers before drawing the pattern of Hayden's fingerprints in sharpie onto the grip of the gun.

Here's the police leak that broke any doubts of who the perpetrators were


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
“If there's no afterlife and she isn't real then my life never mattered anyway.”

Alex213, diabolus, Killisaki, MilverSoxie, Employer_Square and Maboroshi like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

Posts : 820
Contribution Points : 14936
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2021-04-28
Age : 18
Location : Canada

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Sulejman Talović was claimed to have a Quran with him during the shooting and to have yelled something in a foreign language. He had no such thing (although he did have a Hamalija necklace) and the only things he said during the attack was telling someone to shut up and "fuck you" to responding police officers.

Also, I'm unsure if this is a widespread misconception or if I'm just stupid, but Cho's writen manifesto says "You thought it was one pathetic, void life that you were extinguishing." I (and no doubt others) thought from the video that it was "pathetic boy's life," or "pathetic bored life" as Luci's signature below me says.


Last edited by dyonqqr on Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luci
Top Contributor
Luci

Posts : 420
Contribution Points : 14996
Forum Reputation : 18
Join date : 2020-11-04
Age : 15
Location : Murica’

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Columbine: Eric and Dylan being popular, Dylan being a sad sweet and innocent emo boi who was only being forced by Eric

_________________
“You have vandalized my heart, raped my soul and torched my conscience. You thought it was one pathetic, bored life you were extinguishing."
- Seung Hui Cho

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise

Employer_Square likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaflor
Top 10 Contributor
margaflor

Posts : 744
Contribution Points : 31066
Forum Reputation : 160
Join date : 2019-09-21
Age : 18

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 6:13 pm

That Dylan Klebold informed Brooks about Eric's website when it was actually Brooks's brother who discovered it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lognifiiskurk
Top Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Posts : 756
Contribution Points : 30548
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2020-07-18

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 7:14 am

Las Vegas Shooting - There were multiple shooters in multiple hotels around the area

_________________
“I don't wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you're standing in my way, one way or the other, you're gettin' outta my way.” - Mr Pink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaflor
Top 10 Contributor
margaflor

Posts : 744
Contribution Points : 31066
Forum Reputation : 160
Join date : 2019-09-21
Age : 18

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 7:28 am

Many people believed that the door shown in the investigative video committee was knocked  by Vlad, but in reality it was by rescuers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lognifiiskurk
Top Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Posts : 756
Contribution Points : 30548
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2020-07-18

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 7:33 am

Some witnesses at Columbine thought that they saw a 3rd shooter with acne
The repairman on the roof of the school was also thought to be involved but that was proven false
Chris Morris (a friend of Eric and Dylan) was arrested because the police thought he had knowledge of their plan.

_________________
“I don't wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you're standing in my way, one way or the other, you're gettin' outta my way.” - Mr Pink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaflor
Top 10 Contributor
margaflor

Posts : 744
Contribution Points : 31066
Forum Reputation : 160
Join date : 2019-09-21
Age : 18

False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: Re: False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings   False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 7:50 am

At first it was believed that there were 2 shooters when the Kazan school shooting happened
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
False facts that were reported for certain mass shootings
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Other Mass Shootings-
Post new topic   Reply to topicJump to: