Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[[

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66307
Forum Reputation : 430

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 10:13 am

emanresu wrote:
For anyone who's interested, Seung had never said "martyrs like eric and dylan" on tape. This was only text that was in his manifesto.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (It says at the top)

There was a thread a while back on this forum that had members trying to hunt down a rare documentary that apparently showed footage seung saying this, but this isn't true

Not exactly true, the video manifesto was just basically him reading his text manifesto. The common clips of the video manifesto have him reading out this potion of his manifesto:

Seung-Hui Cho wrote:
To you sadistic snobs, I may be nothing but a piece of dog shit. You have vandalized my heart, raped my soul, and torched my conscious again and again. You thought it was one pathetic, void life that you were extinguishing. Thanks to you, I die, like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the Weak and Defenseless people.

The said documentary that members were trying to track down also contained a rare clip of Cho reading this passage:

Seung-Hui Cho wrote:
Like Moses, I spread the sea and lead my people — the Weak, the Defenseless, and the Innocent
Children
That clip was found but I don't know about the rest of the documentary.

It's still entirely possible that Cho mentioned Eric and Dylan in his video manifesto as the text manifesto basically served as a transcript for it. What is publicly available of Cho's video manifesto is very edited and stitched together pieces and isn't the entirety of the video manifesto as it has been kept away from public hands, even the then-president of NBC News Steve Capus  said that he Hoped that the unreleased material would never be made public even though it absolutely should.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68826
Forum Reputation : 145

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 12:18 am

[quote="UncontinuedProcess"]
emanresu wrote:
For anyone who's interested, Seung had never said "martyrs like eric and dylan" on tape. This was only text that was in his manifesto.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (It says at the top)

There was a thread a while back on this forum that had members trying to hunt down a rare documentary that apparently showed footage seung saying this, but this isn't true

I know I'm bumping, but that comment by Emanresu triggered me beyond belief haha.
The documentary is real, I'm not sure if it has been found since (been out of the loop for awhile) but the documentary is real and yes Seung does say the part about Eric and Dylan in the footage. That is actually how I found out about the quote, through that documentary when it was on the Crime+Investigation Channel in the UK in 08-09 time. He mentions Eric and Dylan by name in a rare clip. Hoping the doc has been tracked down since!
Back to top Go down

[[
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Other Mass Shootings-
Jump to: