Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Empty
PostSubject: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Do you think if they saw themselves in the mirror it would have stopped them from doing the massacre?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Before the massacre or during? I don't think anything would stop them, they were fully committed, unless they got pulled over on the way to the school. would be interesting to see erics reaction to his broken nose...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:30 pm

No, it's likely they each posed in front of mirrors in their gear before they did the shooting. They may well have seen their reflections during the shooting -- in a passing window or screen. They probably really liked the way they looked in their massacre gear.

Interesting question!
Back to top Go down
Moseley

Contribution Points : 96557
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:24 am

Didn't Eric laugh hysterically when he realised his nose had been broken after the recoil hit him in the nose after murdering Cassie Bernall?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:36 am

I actually do recall reading something like that now that you mention it, I think he said "haha hey vodka I shot my nose off!" or something to that effect. Could someone tell me what he said? I'm on a mobile device and it's a hassle to look things up.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 103037
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:59 am

Dextromethorphan wrote:
I actually do recall reading something like that now that you mention it, I think he said "haha hey vodka I shot my nose off!" or something to that effect. Could someone tell me what he said? I'm on a mobile device and it's a hassle to look things up.
There's numerous comments by library witnesses about Eric hitting himself in the nose. But as far as laughing, you may be remembering Heidi Johnson's statement: "She stated she then heard Harris mention that he had shot himself in his nose. She heard him laughing. She then heard Klebold ask him, "Why'd you do that?" Johnson then saw that Harris was bleeding from his nose." pg(446)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:39 am

Thank you. I need to go look at the 11k again.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 101231
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 am

K.F.C. wrote:
Do you think if they saw themselves in the mirror it would have stopped them from doing the massacre?
I can't see their reflection stopping them, I'm sure after more than a year of planning they were hell bent on going through with the plan %100 maybe if they had been less dedicated, or less motivated by one another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Something was bound to have reflected them a little, right? There were enough windows inside the school to at least have given them both a vague glimpse of their warpath in a mirrored state. I don't think that seeing themselves would've stopped them -- if anything, they'd find it neat.. They probably envisioned themselves exactly like all those pop culture characters such as the dude from NBK. Rolling Eyes 

Regarding the nose-hit, I remember he laughed about hitting himself in the nose as well. I got the vibe of "jeez, I'm such an idiot" from his laughter, even though it must've hurt like hell. (I find Dylan's reply even more hilarious, though. It's one of the few comments of the day itself that actually make me laugh despite the situation.) I think it may have been a blessing that he broke his nose, because he was the more accurate shot of the two overall in my opinion..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Dylan had the crappy shotgun, and a crappy tec 9. Erics hi point was a long rifle so it was more accurate. So I believe that's why he was a better shot. Dylan just sprayed everywhere with the tec 9. Eric thought he was such a badass "peek a boo!" then smacked his nose.. Wow fail much?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Cassie had her hands over her face and probably did do a literal "peek a boo" after he slapped the table. So Eric's smart-ass remark was doubly ironic.

Also, Cassie was the person most like Eric in the entire library -- she had actually plotted to murder her parents and at one time was at war with the world. So when he "shot himself" it was a true case of sinister synchronicity, quantum entanglement or karma...whatever you choose to call it. And I do believe that when the gun kicked back and broke his nose, Eric said "I shot myself!"

Chilling and bizarre at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119439
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:46 am

Lets keep this thread civil please or else I will lock it. Thank you.

Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 97718
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:24 pm

gustopoet wrote:
Cassie had her hands over her face and probably did do a literal "peek a boo" after he slapped the table. So Eric's smart-ass remark was doubly ironic.

Also, Cassie was the person most like Eric in the entire library -- she had actually plotted to murder her parents and at one time was at war with the world. So when he "shot himself" it was a true case of sinister synchronicity, quantum entanglement or karma...whatever you choose to call it. And I do believe that when the gun kicked back and broke his nose, Eric said "I shot myself!"

Chilling and bizarre at the same time.
Cassie Bernall actually plotted to kill her parents? Really?
How did you find out about this?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:50 pm

rik75 wrote:

Cassie Bernall actually plotted to kill her parents? Really?
How did you find out about this?

Yes. Really. There is some good info here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Highlights:

"The events that led to her transformation began about two and a half years earlier when Cassie was in the ninth grade, with her teenage rebellion growing more serious. One day her mother found in Cassie’s room some letters written by Mona, Cassie’s best friend. What she found horrified her. The letters contained unprintable sex talk, along with Mona’s expressed desire to murder one of her teachers, inviting Cassie to help her. There were other allusions to occult symbols and spells, drugs, self-mutilation, and the adventures of a classmate who went to a satanic church. One of the letters advised Cassie to kill her parents, and had grisly drawings portraying them being “strung up” and stabbed. Misty later learned from Mona’s mother that Cassie had written similar letters to Mona."

Also good stuff in this vid:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stuff on Cassie starts around 15:50 or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?   If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Eric and Dylan saw their reflection?
Page 1 of 1