Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It seems odd to me that...

Go down 
+3
lol
cakeman
Heinrich94
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Heinrich94

Heinrich94

Contribution Points : 83005
Forum Reputation : 0

It seems odd to me that... Empty
PostSubject: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 9:32 pm

Eric and Dylan never created multiple copies of their video tapes, recordings, journals and online activity and sent copies to various media/news outlets as well as close friends.

They both wanted infamy, recognition and for some to even "understand." Also, Eric was incredibility proud of his DOOM work, especially Tier.wad. All of these things were what they wanted to be known and remembered for, not that they were just two losers who shot up/blew up their school and classmates. They wanted to achieve a sort of stardom like Micky and Mallory in Natural Born Killers and thus created these things to carefully craft peoples view of them.

So why did they just leave this shit sitting around for the authorities to find? Were they really naive enough to think that the feds and local police would give them the infamy they craved by publishing all this stuff for the world to see? I mean, its kind of surprising they even released the journals, considering how hard they fought to keep those out of public consumption.

Only other explanations I can think of would be that they ran out of money and thus couldn't afford to make said copies and mail them or that the two of them weren't 100% they were going to go through with it and thats why they left the final tapes till literally the last minute and just dumped them at Eric's house because they had no time to do anything else.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79722
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 10:23 pm

Yeah it's an interesting question why they didn't get around to sending the tapes.  It seems possible they were just that late with getting everything ready.  

The most likely reason I think for leaving the journal and tapes at home is that they were trying in vain to explain their motive, and settled on the t shirts as a way that couldn't be ignored or manipulated later. Also maybe they didn't give away too much to hinder the plan.

Between Eric's journal and the bits uploaded to the school server I bet it's possible for somebody to recreate Tier, which as I understood was lost to history more as a fluke than Eric forgetting about it.
Back to top Go down
Heinrich94

Heinrich94

Contribution Points : 83005
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 pm

I wonder though if them being late had anything to do with them doubting whether or not they were going to actually do it though. Considering it was to be their most important and final day, you'd think they would have had this all prepared and ready far in advance.. but then again, they were pretty sloppy with their planning.. they could have been busted a few times and the fact that they acquired all the ammunition and guns in time seems like they just got lucky more than anything else. Also, as far as I know, they never actually tested the "big bombs" in advance. You'd think they would have made numerous ones and tested them out in the mountains or something before hand so that they could make sure they worked and that they knew what they were doing. Instead it seems they just read something on the internet and a naive amount of faith in it working.

I've thought in the past about trying to recreate Tier because I've got a ton of experience creating .wads for DOOM.. but to be honest I'm not sure if I want to try to immerse myself into Eric's head that much.Tier was lost because Eric just assumed that his website would remain active and people would flock to download everything, he didn't seem to anticipate how fast it got shut down. Again, not sure if that's because he was just naive or if he really didn't think ahead/plan that extensively. I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI have all the files from his computer somewhere though.

Contribution Points : 102572
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Simple answer: They dicked around way too much with time, and didn't realize it was coming up too fast, and before they knew it, it was already close to 4/20, and they had to rush a few things. I mean you can tell they rushed it. Eric and Dylan never were able to send out the Basement Tapes copies to news stations like Cho did.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105213
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 12:01 am

They planned on sending videos to news outlets, yet never got around to it.
I agree they probably dicked around too much, as they always talked about how fast the time was going.
Eric was getting bullets from Mark Manes a day before the massacre, so that kind of shows that they weren't on top of everything as much as they should of been.

Boy do I wish they sent those tapes though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 am

These are kids we are talking about. They totally dicked around too much and had the mentality of “I look fat with all the guns under my coat”. I think if Eric forgot to do it or ran out of time then it wasn’t going to get done. Dylan wasn’t going to do it that’s for sure. He wasn’t as motivated in the planning of nbk (other than wanting to kill people and himself) and he destroyed his hard drive. He didn’t focus on leaving a story behind like Eric did.
Back to top Go down
Supacocky

Supacocky

Contribution Points : 49940
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 6:18 pm

That just a theory but I always thought that Eric sent a copie of the BT to the medias, and that right after the shooting, the Fbi interrupted it before it arrived.

I remember reading an interview of his friend Sarah Davis from Plattsburgh who said that the FBI refused to show her an email that Eric wrote her the 20th April but never send. It shows that he cared about saying a goodbye.
We also see in the retranscription of the BT and the video in his car alone that he takes the time to say a goodbye to the people he will miss. Again, The "nixon tape" that he left for his parents/or for the fbi, is a way of leaving a trace. I think Eric was someone who really wanted to leave a trace in the world, unfortunately it was a terrible one. I don't see him doing the nbk without trying to spread his hate and despair by any way.

btw, i don't think Dylan participated in the act of sending the tape to the media, Eric really wanted to say a big F*** *** to the whole world, Dylan was driven by differents motivations.

Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82557
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Supacocky wrote:

I remember reading an interview of his friend Sarah Davis  from Plattsburgh who said that the FBI refused to show her an email that Eric wrote her the 20th April but never send.  It shows that he cared about saying a goodbye.

If you recall where you read this and can provide a link, I'd be appreciative. I've never heard this and would be interested in learning more about it.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95974
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 8:49 am

The boys assumed that even if the tapes got out that they would be edited and only bits and pieces released. Maybe they decided that wasn't worth it? IDK. I think running out of time is a huge factor. Also maybe that late in the timeline they just didnt care anymore

Supacocky

Supacocky

Contribution Points : 49940
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 1:03 pm

thelmar wrote:
Supacocky wrote:

I remember reading an interview of his friend Sarah Davis  from Plattsburgh who said that the FBI refused to show her an email that Eric wrote her the 20th April but never send.  It shows that he cared about saying a goodbye.

If you recall where you read this and can provide a link, I'd be appreciative. I've never heard this and would be interested in learning more about it.  

You can find this informations in a foster article here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also in the 11k p021114 " ERIC HARRIS HAD ONE E-MAIL WHICH HAD NOT BEEN SENT. IT SEEMED TO BE A LOT OF PERSONAL DATA ABOUT HARRIS. FIRST ADDRESSEE WAS SED SOCRE, WHICH IS REGISTRED TO JANET DAVIS, PLASTTSBURGH" [...]

The article from Sarah Davis, “Both Sides” is a must to read Smile
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82557
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Supacocky wrote:
You can find this informations in a foster article here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also in the 11k p021114 " ERIC HARRIS HAD ONE E-MAIL WHICH HAD NOT BEEN SENT. IT SEEMED TO BE A LOT OF PERSONAL DATA ABOUT HARRIS. FIRST ADDRESSEE WAS SED SOCRE, WHICH IS REGISTRED TO JANET DAVIS, PLASTTSBURGH" [...]

The article from Sarah Davis, “Both Sides” is a must to read Smile  

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It seems odd to me that...   It seems odd to me that... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It seems odd to me that...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: