Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I wonder

Go down 
+2
deathmedic
Wideawake
6 posters
AuthorMessage

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:03 am

Sometimes I wonder if the coroners did something to E/D's bodies as a form of revenge. Like spit on them, etc as a way of "getting back" after what they had done.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 105151
Forum Reputation : 0

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:13 am

I sincerely hope not, as that would be pointless, unprofessional and sickening.

Realistically, I think you have to be pretty damn emotionally detached in order to be a coroner. I've never been a coroner, but any profession where you regularly have to see dying and/or dead people requires a level of cynicism and detachment that others not in similar professions often find offensive. I hope for the sake of the people who performed the autopsies on all those involved in Columbine that they were able to maintain that. Otherwise I'm sure it haunts them.
Back to top Go down

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:22 am

I think that coroners really have the same responsibility as other medical professionals, with the difference that they are working with dead people for the most part. Smile Even the bodies of people like Eric and Dylan need to be treated with the same respect and detachment as everyone else. Perhaps not because they deserve the respect, but because their families are grieving for their loss too. What would the point of such unprofessional conduct be? Their bodies are just the shells of who they were, no longer imbibed with their spirit that created such tragedy, and no amount of spit is going to change the fact that fifteen families were changed forever that day.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 105224
Forum Reputation : 10

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:13 pm

In all honesty I would believe Jeffoco would have desecrated their bodies before any other person involved with the handling of the bodies. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a couple kicks issues post humorously
Back to top Go down

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:38 pm

This is a very strange question to ask. Wouldn't it be unprofessional and wouldn't they risk losing their jobs by spitting on a corpse?

Also, I thought autopsies were filmed? Is that true?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 103931

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:51 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if the coroners did something to E/D's bodies as a form of revenge. Like spit on them, etc as a way of "getting back" after what they had done.

What do you all think?

If you read the autopsy reports they were already rotting by the time they got them out of the school. Maybe it was a concern of Eric & Dylan, maybe it has something to do with Dylan lighting the Molotov.  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 100409

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Mr_Chagrin wrote:
-eulogy- wrote:

What do you all think?

If you read the autopsy reports they were already rotting by the time they got them out of the school. Maybe it was a concern of Eric & Dylan, maybe it has something to do with Dylan lighting the Molotov.  Neutral 

They were rotting, because LE didn't remove the bodies until the next day, right?

What do you mean it was a concern for them?

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 1:25 pm

TheFragile wrote:
Mr_Chagrin wrote:
-eulogy- wrote:

What do you all think?

They were rotting, because LE didn't remove the bodies until the next day, right?

Yeah perhaps they wanted to destroy as much as they could after they were dead, burn the library and destroy their own a little.
Back to top Go down

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 10:29 pm

Mr_Chagrin wrote:
TheFragile wrote:
Mr_Chagrin wrote:
-eulogy- wrote:

What do you all think?

Yeah perhaps they wanted to destroy as much as they could after they were dead, burn the library and destroy their own a little.

Do you think instead of setting off these useless Molotov's and pipe bombs they should have just poured some gas in the library and lit it on fire if they really wanted to burn the place up?
Back to top Go down
Laeda

Contribution Points : 104881

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 1:05 pm

I don't think, this has never crossed my mind really!
Like everybody already said it's unprofessional, and I guess for the coroner they were 'just another body', not in a bad way, I mean that's his job seeing bodies everyday and working on them all in the same way whoever they were in life

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Laeda wrote:
I don't think, this has never crossed my mind really!
Like everybody already said it's unprofessional, and I guess for the coroner they were 'just another body', not in a bad way, I mean that's his job seeing bodies everyday and working on them all in the same way whoever they were in life

Yes it takes a special sort of personality to be a coroner, they have to be detached from their work to a certain degree. Otherwise it becomes to difficult.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 2:55 pm

I did find it odd that they said that they were "Rotten" I mean to what degree? It takes about 3 days for a body to start to smell (According to most death metal songs)... Now technically... As soon as you die, your body starts to rot... I can't see it being like a rotten like say a zombie from the walking dead... BUt I think there may have been a smell....

Yse just putting gas over the library and igniting that would have done more damage, or so I would think... Maybe they didn't want to burn to death (the worst way to go) and they had this unrealistic expectation that one molitov would cause a bunch of damage.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 3:18 pm

deathmedic wrote:
I did find it odd that they said that they were "Rotten" I mean to what degree? It takes about 3 days for a body to start to smell (According to most death metal songs)... Now technically... As soon as you die, your body starts to rot... I can't see it being like a rotten like say a zombie from the walking dead... BUt I think there may have been a smell....

Yse just putting gas over the library and igniting that would have done more damage, or so I would think... Maybe they didn't want to burn to death (the worst way to go) and they had this unrealistic expectation that one molitov would cause a bunch of damage.

If you read the autopsy reports they describe "discoloration" on some parts of the body. In my mind that equates to rotten, I don't think they would have been left long enough to go completely into full decomp, when they body starts to bloat and so on. If they did they would lose the chance of potential evidence like detecting gun powder residue et cetera...
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 122216
Forum Reputation : 1024

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Mr_Chagrin wrote:
deathmedic wrote:

If you read the autopsy reports they describe "discoloration" on some parts of the body. In my mind that equates to rotten, I don't think they would have been left long enough to go completely into full decomp, when they body starts to bloat and so on. If they did they would lose the chance of potential evidence like detecting gun powder residue et cetera...

I think their autopsies said that they had started to decompose?

Back to top Go down
deathmedic

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Discoloration is such a vague term.... I know that there would be on their backs from the blood pooling there post mortem... BUt I wonder what they mean... I mean discoloration can be they were blue (which is normal)... I did remember seeing that they brought some brain and skull fragments a few days after their bodies were brought in... That would make perfect sense because 2 days of them laying there... then another 2-3 days of that tissue laying there would be pretty ripe.
Oh to see the crime scene/autopsy photos I think so much more would come to light. (BTW I was an EMT for 12 years so gore don't bother me at all).
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 105151

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:08 pm

Agree with deathmedic, discoloration is a vague term. I doubt it refers to rot though. Typically in things like that, discoloration refers to bruising or to spots where blood has pooled. A human body will not start to noticeably rot in 24 hours, particularly since it was not that hot and they were not out in an area where animals could damage them.
Back to top Go down

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:31 pm

I highly doubt there was any desecration of the corpses, I find this question somewhat perplexing to be asked at all.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 122216
Forum Reputation : 1024

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:51 pm

I think the user who asked this question did it to get a rise out of people as they were always rude and sarcastic to everyone. Since they asked me to delete their account out of no where, I'd say they most likely were only a member here to troll the place.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder   I wonder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wonder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: