Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was Dylan inspired by Che?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 70994
Forum Reputation : 486

Was Dylan inspired by Che? Empty
PostSubject: Was Dylan inspired by Che?   Was Dylan inspired by Che? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 12:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Considering Dylan's use of BDU pants tucked into combat boots, the hammer-and-sickle pendant he had during the shooting, and the mid-length hair with fitted cap, is it possible Dylan had become inspired by Che's beliefs or appearance, and modeled his own appearance on The Day after a Che-style insurgent? He may have considered himself to be waging guerrilla warfare against the "oppressive regime" (Columbine Highschool.)
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Was Dylan inspired by Che?   Was Dylan inspired by Che? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 9:45 pm

Lots of stupid kids admire Che Guevara; few of said stupid kids actually know why they admire him beyond that defiant looking pic of him, or that pretending to glorify communism will offend Americans.

As the Rotten Library once said (and God do I ever miss the Rotten Library): "Che Guevara is the international mascot and idol for generations of young people who have no idea who he is or what he did."
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

Contribution Points : 73045
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Was Dylan inspired by Che?   Was Dylan inspired by Che? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 5:33 pm

Quote :
As the Rotten Library once said (and God do I ever miss the Rotten Library): "Che Guevara is the international mascot and idol for generations of young people who have no idea who he is or what he did."

Not to mention the irony of Che Guevara himself. Dr. Ernesto Guevara would put down his life saving doctor bag and pick up a life taking AK-47 in pursuit of the armed struggle.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: che   Was Dylan inspired by Che? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 10:50 pm

Imperator wrote:
Quote :

Not to mention the irony of Che Guevara himself.  Dr. Ernesto Guevara would put down his life saving doctor bag and pick up a life taking AK-47 in pursuit of the armed struggle.  

I need to see the Steven Soderbergh/Benicio Del Toro two-parter, "Che" (2008).
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

Contribution Points : 73045
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Was Dylan inspired by Che?   Was Dylan inspired by Che? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 10:55 pm

Never seen it.  Nor do I care.  I know enough about Che to find any idolatry of him to be reprehensible.  Too bad he took a bullet in the head in Bolivia in captivity.  Would rather have read that he swung from a tree instead.

FWIW I bet Del Toro played an excellent Che.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70123
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Was Dylan inspired by Che?   Was Dylan inspired by Che? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 pm

I don't believe there is anything that suggest he was directly inspired by Che.

Thats not to say he didn't see himself as some Che-like figure but more or less i think he dressed that way because he thought he looked cool (Same for Eric).
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102572
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Was Dylan inspired by Che?   Was Dylan inspired by Che? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 8:06 pm

Nope. More like Mickey Knox.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Dylan inspired by Che?   Was Dylan inspired by Che? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Dylan inspired by Che?
Page 1 of 1