Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?

Go down 
+3
rik75
tragedy79
queenfarooq
7 posters
AuthorMessage

How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Empty
PostSubject: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Why do a lot of the fans on Tumblr and Facebook say that Eric was tall and handsome and say he was 5'10'? He doesn't look any more than 5'5" to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:29 pm

I think he was around 5'8 or something? He looks smaller in comparison to all the guys we see in the videos with him, but you have to remember that they were all well over six feet tall..  Smile I'm around the same height as Eric, so the fact that I could probably look him straight in the eye makes him look a lot less 'tall' to me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Is 5'8" tall for a woman?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:47 pm

I don't know? It's not so tall around here, but I live in a country with really tall people and they don't look at me funny even when I'm in high heels..  ;) I think my perspective is a little skewed, because I'd say the height is normal for a woman and on the small side for a man.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 100762
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Eric's autopsy says his height was measured at 5',8 1/2" As gruesome as it sounds, i know there was a lot of damage to Eric's head but i would imagine his autopsy records would be pretty accurate when measuring his height.
Maybe it was wishful thinking but Eric does record his height on his diversion records as 5' 11" on page 21. He filled this out when he was 16.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 100395
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:15 pm

thedragonrampant wrote:
I don't know? It's not so tall around here, but I live in a country with really tall people and they don't look at me funny even when I'm in high heels..  ;) I think my perspective is a little skewed, because I'd say the height is normal for a woman and on the small side for a man.

Yeah..Dutch men are actually the tallest ones in the world. My husband is about 6'3" and he does not stand out.

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:21 pm

There is no way in hell that Eric was 5'11". He only came up to Dylan's chest!
Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 95443
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:54 pm

K.F.C. wrote:
Is 5'8" tall for a woman?
Here in England i think the average height of females is 5' 4".
I think 5'8" is tall for a woman here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Well, I'm about 5'7. I know someone who's 6'4 (about Dylan's height), and I only come up to their chest, so I really doubt Eric was 5'11. I feel like *some* fangirls just try creating this perfect image of Eric in their heads and would be really disappointed if they ever saw the reality.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 101419
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Lananas wrote:
Well, I'm about 5'7. I know someone who's 6'4 (about Dylan's height), and I only come up to their chest, so I really doubt Eric was 5'11. I feel like *some* fangirls just try creating this perfect image of Eric in their heads and would be really disappointed if they ever saw the reality.

I agree. There was nothing wrong with Eric but he wasn't the spectacular specimen these particular fangirls would like him to be. Sucks to be them I guess  Razz

Contribution Points : 95314

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Let's face it: if these girls had been around Eric when he was living they would not have given him the time of the day. He was good-looking and cute but too scrawny, too weird, too awkward. Not ''godlike'' in appearance at all. But he's been mythified, as Dylan has been so, there we go. And that means improving virtually what was not there in reality, such as adding a few inches whichever way you want   Shocked   Add that to the sex fantasies revealed in their diaries and some girls are bound (no Dylan pun intended) to be enticed. +100 for Eric wanting to go downtown, gives him a post-mortem edge.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 98956

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:26 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
Eric's autopsy says his height was measured at 5',8 1/2" As gruesome as it sounds, i know there was a lot of damage to Eric's head but i would imagine his autopsy records would be pretty accurate when measuring his height.
Maybe it was wishful thinking but Eric does record his height on his diversion records as 5' 11" on page 21. He filled this out when he was 16.

Is there a shot of his drivers license somewhere? that would probably be the closest to an accurate height we could get.

(Update: I looked into it and it says 5'7" on his license) Apparently it was issued the 8th of May 1997. So in the time following it is possible he grew a little, but he certainly wasn't 5'11"
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 95434

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Because they're fan girls.

And I read that it was 5'8.

Contribution Points : 100762
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?   How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Mr_Chagrin wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

Is there a shot of his drivers license somewhere? that would probably be the closest to an accurate height we could get.

(Update: I looked into it and it says 5'7" on his license) Apparently it was issued the 8th of May 1997. So in the time following it is possible he grew a little, but he certainly wasn't 5'11"

Yeah i agree. I'm not sure if he grew 4 inches in around a year, and then somehow shrunk 2 and a half inches before his death. I know it sounds really horrible but Eric was missing a large portion of the top of his head but i'm sure at autopsy this was taken into account for them to establish an accurate height measurement. So i guess he was more than likely between 5',7" - 5',8 1/2" as mentioned on his drivers licence and autopsy. This range certainly seems more likely. Maybe in his own mind he thought he was 5',11", I don't think he looks 5',11" especially when standing next to Dylan.
Back to top Go down

How come a lot of fangirls say Eric is tall?
Page 1 of 1