Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt? Empty
PostSubject: Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt?   Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:02 pm

How come in all the home videos they made Dylan had the same old, raggedy and faded "Serial Killer" shirt on? Do you think his parents didn't buy him new school clothes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt?   Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Maybe it was just his favourite shirt he wore a lot, just like that cap of his? I have clothes that I would wear all day every day if I didn't have common sense telling me they need to get cleaned sometime, haha. (I'd hope that Dylan bought his own clothes at that age, though? Or at the very least choose his own clothes!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt?   Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Seems like everything Dylan wore from his "serial killer" shirt to his duster, his homemade earring, and his hammer and sickle charm on his boot was meant to provoke a response from people. He probably really liked the "serial killer" shirt for that reason. I thought it was a great observation by Judy Brown that when Dylan got his black "tench coat" it was "the first time he ever felt power in his life." Dylan enjoyed intimidating people with the way he dressed. It was compensation for how isolated and afraid he felt in his heart.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 100381
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt?   Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:00 am

It's probably because it was the shock value, but it's also a self-esteem/anxiety thing. If you find a shirt that you like and is comfortable and stuff it's hard to wear anything else. I know this from personal experience, of course people thought I was dirty or neglected my personal hygiene. I got treated pretty bad just for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt?   Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Like most guys I don't think Dylan cared or thought much about clothes and fashion. He probably enjoyed looking grungy and disheveled as a way to rebel against the clean cut, pristine and upper class attitude that's common in Littleton, Colorado that he and Eric were not a fan of. I imagine his mom wishing and confronting Dylan about dressing nicer, more presentable and getting a haircut!!
Back to top Go down
gasolinechild

gasolinechild

Contribution Points : 85202
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt?   Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 9:26 pm

He didn't wear the same shirt, but he did wear the same pants. Anyone notice that? The shirt changes. The faded blue jeans don't, with the exception of the pants he wore on 4/20.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt?   Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:03 am

Except for in that one video where they are inside of a house raiding it and then they come outside and both of them have different shirts on and Eric points out that Dylan is wearing a different shirt even though Eric has a different shirt on himself.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt?   Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did Dylan always wear the same shirt?
Page 1 of 1