Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did E/D psych themselves up ?

Go down 
+3
Mr_Chagrin
maninthebox
rik75
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rik75

Contribution Points : 97443
Forum Reputation : 50

Did E/D psych themselves up ? Empty
PostSubject: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Moments prior to the " launch attack " signal yelled GO! GO! GO! and moments before the murder of Rachel Scott and the attempted murder of Richard Castaldo , did Eric and Dylan have any exchange between themselves? Did they say anything to each other to psych themselves up?
I can imagine Eric saying something like : " you watch my back and i'll watch yours ."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:28 pm

I think they had a plan "B" in place if the bombs failed. It was like what Eric wrote in his journal, first one of them lobbed pipe-bombs while the other was shooting, then they were supposed to swap out but I think Neil Gardner signaled first contact with the enemy and they were pretty much improvising after that.

The way I imagine their conversation is something like:

Eric: Bombs didn't go off.

Dylan: So let's go plan B, Reb.

Eric: You start lobbing bombs and I'll start shooting. Go to the commons and see what happened.

Dylan: Let's kill these fuckers.

Eric: Let's do it!

Both: Go! Go!
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:46 pm

gustopoet wrote:
I think they had a plan "B" in place if the bombs failed. It was like what Eric wrote in his journal, first one of them lobbed pipe-bombs while the other was shooting, then they were supposed to swap out but I think Neil Gardner signaled first contact with the enemy and they were pretty much improvising after that.

The way I imagine their conversation is something like:

Eric: Bombs didn't go off.  

Dylan: So let's go plan B, Reb.

Eric: You start lobbing bombs and I'll start shooting. Go to the commons and see what happened.

Dylan: Let's kill these fuckers.

Eric: Let's do it!

Both: Go! Go!
I can see Dylan shouting " lets kill these fu**ers.
I'm not sure about a plan "B" though . They had to be confident with themselves after 12 months of bomb building.
Why plan NKB and have a plan " B "? That's like admitting failure even before they launch the attack. Well kind of. Would they both have worked so hard and so efficiently for 12 months ,if they had serious doubts about it?
Or was a plan "B" something they never talked about at length? Just something to think about casually?
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

Contribution Points : 99877
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:40 pm

A bit OT. I don't know if Beslan (school was held hostage by terrorists) is famous outside of Russia, but apparently the terrorists there listened to a lot of Rammstein during the siege to psych themselves up.
In regards to Columbine, those two dreamed about the rampage for a long time, convincing themselves that it was the only way to go. And imagine how much adrenaline they had on the day, as Dylan wrote, they were probably shaking like leaves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:44 pm

rik75 wrote:
I can see Dylan shouting " lets kill these fu**ers.
I'm not sure about a plan "B" though . They had to be confident with themselves after 12 months of bomb building.
Why plan NKB and have a plan " B "?

The reason I think there was a plan B is because the boys styled themselves after military type operations. There are indications in both of their journals that they were fully aware there was an aspect of "random probability" involved with NBK as they had planned it. They had also conducted numerous "rebel missions" at least some of which, it stands to reason, involved using back-up plans, alternate routes, and improvisation.

My point is that after 12 months of planning they would not have had all their eggs in one-basket. They hoped for the bombs to work but were prepared in case they didn't. That's why they only hesitated about a minute or so before proceeding with the back-up plan.

Mind you, I don't think the back-up plan was any more sophisticated than: if the bombs don't work we go in lobbing pipe bombs and shooting. I am almost certain they discussed doing this before the attack. In fact the shoot 'em up scenario was probably the original plan that was displaced by the propane-bomb strategy. So it was never actually discarded, but just bumped to "plan B" status.

These guys were naming the pipe-bomb salvos "Delta, Foxtrot" etc. I am sure they had brainstormed a lot of scenarios about the attack and built in responses to possible contingencies. Not that they had good ideas or plans, but I'm sure they discussed the operation at great length including having a loose back-up plan.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 100956
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Yes, for more than a year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Yeah they slapped each other on the ass and said "come on, let's do this".
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:24 pm

K.F.C. wrote:
 :Lol smile:yeah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 am

rik75 wrote:
K.F.C. wrote:
Did you read that part in the 11K too? Where the witness standing over on the grassy knoll said he saw 2 guys in trench coats creeping around behind a tree with guns? The witness then said he saw them slap each other on the ass and say "Come on, lets do this".
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 97434

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:46 pm

K.F.C. wrote:
rik75 wrote:
K.F.C. wrote:
Did you read that part in the 11K too? Where the witness standing over on the grassy knoll said he saw 2 guys in trench coats creeping around behind a tree with guns? The witness then said he saw them slap each other on the ass and say "Come on, lets do this".

Slap each other on the ass? I don't know why but it's hard to believe.

Contribution Points : 97314

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 pm

TheFragile wrote:
K.F.C. wrote:
rik75 wrote:
K.F.C. wrote:

Laughing  Laughing   Laughing Careful not to start a disinformation campaign! Look at tumblr after this is said and you'll see strange things being repeated.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)

Last edited by JayJay on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:12 pm

TheFragile wrote:
K.F.C. wrote:
rik75 wrote:
K.F.C. wrote:

I think KFC was joking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:00 pm

K.F.C. wrote:
the witness standing over on the grassy knoll said he saw 2 guys in trench coats creeping around behind a tree with guns?

I actually thought his was an even funnier image than the butt-slapping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Hale-Bopp wrote:
TheFragile wrote:
K.F.C. wrote:
rik75 wrote:
K.F.C. wrote:

I think KFC was joking.

I wasn't joking. I was reading up on the 11K today and I came across the part that said "Grassy Knoll Witnesses", so I decided to take a peek. And I read about the guy who said he was walking up the grassy knoll and getting ready to sit down to eat his lunch, when he looked over and saw two guys in trench coats creeping around behind a tree. He said they had guns and that they looked nervous. He said then they slapped each other on the ass and said "Come on, lets do this" and started running towards the west entrance. As they were running towards the entrance he said the little guy screamed "GO GO GO!"
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102762
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:06 pm

rik75 wrote:
Moments prior to the " launch attack " signal yelled GO! GO! GO! and moments before the murder of Rachel Scott and the attempted murder of Richard Castaldo , did Eric and Dylan have any exchange between themselves? Did they say anything to each other to psych themselves up?
I can imagine Eric saying something like : " you watch my back and i'll watch yours ."

I would imagine they said something to each other prior to shooting, but what exactly was said is anyone's guess. The only issue with guessing is perhaps everyone will have a different opinion of what may have been said. Off the top of my head I don't recall any witness statements saying they overheard E/D talking to each other about anything specific before they started shooting, maybe someone else has. The nearest thing I've come across is only what we've mentioned before:
Jonathan Cole identified three shooters, two in trench coats and one in a white t-shirt and blue jeans. He said he heard the male in the white shirt yell "GO!! GO!!" at the other two males in tench coats. This occurred outside the school at the top of the steps that lead to the cafeteria and just before the two males in tench coats drew their weapons. pg(750)

The only other mentions of any interactions between E/D seem to be after shots had been fired. In my opinion they had likely already psyched themselves up before arriving at the school that morning, at least to some extent.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:18 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
rik75 wrote:

I would imagine they said something to each other prior to shooting, but what exactly was said is anyone's guess. The only issue with guessing is perhaps everyone will have a different opinion of what may have been said. Off the top of my head I don't recall any witness statements saying they overheard E/D talking to each other about anything specific before they started shooting, maybe someone else has. The nearest thing I've come across is only what we've mentioned before:
Jonathan Cole identified three shooters, two in trench coats and one in a white t-shirt and blue jeans. He said he heard the male in the white shirt yell "GO!! GO!!" at the other two males in tench coats. This occurred outside the school at the top of the steps that lead to the cafeteria and just before the two males in tench coats drew their weapons. pg(750)

The only other mentions of any interactions between E/D seem to be after shots had been fired. In my opinion they had likely already psyched themselves up before arriving at the school that morning, at least to some extent.
They already psyched themselves before arriving at school. I agree with you ,but the plan had changed dramatically because of the cafeteria bombs failed. E/D would have felt utter failures because 12 months of hard work had FAILED BIG TIME. I think they both needed some reassurance and new ideas. The cafe bombs failed ,so what should E/D do now? They never planned the library massacre. When them bombs failed E/D NEEDED a way stay in control. I would love to know what they said whilst they were both at the top of steps ( west entrance ) They both needed to believe
that the cafe bombs failure would not stop committing this massacre. I just wonder what E/D said to each other to keep their plan going. I wonder if they both had any doubts about accomplishing their " mission ."
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102563
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 1:30 am

It's in the 11K (I'm not including the witness's name because I don't want these people getting PTSD if they google their names):

[Witness] stated just prior to the incident starting she observed the two suspects standing north of her location at the top of the stairs . . . Pursuant to questioning [Witness] stated the taller of the two suspects with longer hair was standing to her right (east) while the second suspect was standing to her left (west). [Witness] stated she observed the suspects look at each other and "nod" . . . [Witness] stated she next observed the taller of the two suspects fire several rapid rounds in an easterly direction (towards the building) 000703

There is obviously one inaccuracy here, because we know it was Eric and not Dylan who took the shots in the "easterly direction" that hit the first casualties. The reason for this discrepancy may be that since Eric was on slightly higher ground he seemed "taller."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did E/D psych themselves up ?   Did E/D psych themselves up ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did E/D psych themselves up ?
Page 1 of 1