Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why did Eric do this?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Why did Eric do this? Empty
PostSubject: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Why do you think Eric hid a gas can under the stairs in his house? Wasn't he afraid his parents would smell it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:04 pm

When the police arrived at the Harris home, there was a strong odor of gas... I don't know why Eric hid a gas can under the stairs, but I get the impression that he liked to play "chicken" with his parents by leaving dangerous/incriminating things around the house. Maybe he was hoping to get caught on some level, while also hoping not to get caught. Maybe his behavior leading up to NBK is somewhat puzzling and erratic because he remained conflicted right up to the end.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:50 pm

He also kept carrying on about how the guy at the gun shop almost got him caught too.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Jenn wrote:
He also kept carrying on about how the guy at the gun shop almost got him caught too.

I was just thinking about this earlier today. I wonder if Wayne sensed anything suspicious about the call or just figured it was a wrong number and let it go at that. Since Eric had a cell phone I wonder why he gave his home # in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:00 pm

gustopoet wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I was just thinking about this earlier today. I wonder if Wayne sensed anything suspicious about the call or just figured it was a wrong number and let it go at that. Since Eric had a cell phone I wonder why he gave his home # in the first place.
I didn't think Eric had a cell?

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100313
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Jenn wrote:
gustopoet wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I didn't think Eric had a cell?

He didn't have a cell phone. In fact, he made fun of them essentially. On his questionnaire answers online as well as in the video with Veik and Mike. It's Mike's phone in that video, I believe. Eric makes fun the phone. Look at the sarcastic, dismissive looks he makes when he tells Mike to let him "see that little munchkin phone" and he's holding it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:50 pm

tfsa47090 wrote:

He didn't have a cell phone. In fact, he made fun of them essentially. On his questionnaire answers online as well as in the video with Veik and Mike. It's Mike's phone in that video, I believe. Eric makes fun the phone. Look at the sarcastic, dismissive looks he makes when he tells Mike to let him "see that little munchkin phone" and he's holding it.

Thanks for the info. I thought that was his phone in the vid.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 7:06 pm

gustopoet wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:

Nah, I think that was Mike's, wasn't it?

Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 101637
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Jenn wrote:
gustopoet wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:

Yeah it's Mikes phone in the video definitely not Eric's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Jenn wrote:

Yeah, my mistake. Dylan had a cell, though, right?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 8:03 pm

gustopoet wrote:
Jenn wrote:

No, I don't think he did. That I am not too sure about though because I know he had one in the "Pulp Fiction" video. I don't know if it was his though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Jenn wrote:
gustopoet wrote:
Jenn wrote:

No, I don't think he did. That I am not too sure about though because I know he had one in the "Pulp Fiction" video. I don't know if it was his though.

I don't believe either of them had cell phones (smart parents). In '99 owning cell phones weren't as common place - for teens especially - though, perhaps the wealthier, snobby Littleton teens had them along with their nice, new vehicles. Also, let's not forget that the reception sucked back then. Pagers were much more common for teens. I tend to think E & D probably looked down with, for the most part, distain on peers that had cell phones.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 99831
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:54 am

gustopoet wrote:
When the police arrived at the Harris home, there was a strong odor of gas...  I don't know why Eric hid a gas can under the stairs, but I get the impression that he liked to play "chicken" with his parents by leaving dangerous/incriminating things around the house. Maybe he was hoping to get caught on some level, while also hoping not to get caught. Maybe his behavior leading up to NBK is somewhat puzzling and erratic because he remained conflicted right up to the end.  

Eric reveled in his lies, he loved it. He felt superior by lying and then getting away with it, this whole plan must have been a huge ego boost for him. I think he was often more careless than anything, in leaving things about. I don't think that at any point he was trying to get caught, of course he felt guilt at some points. However I don't believe that after putting a large portion of his money towards guns, bomb making materials et cetera that he would just quit.

The plans reached critical mass when he finally had the guns. After that point it was already over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:09 am

Mr_Chagrin wrote:
However I don't believe that after putting a large portion of his money towards guns, bomb making materials et cetera that he would just quit.

I agree. But I don't think money factored in as much of an issue. Still, I don't think Eric wanted to "quit." I think it is very easy to be conflicted about something even when you're committed to doing it. After all people get married every day!  LOL 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Eric said "hell no" about having a cell phone in some questionnaire he had answered about all sorts of personal stuff, I think it was a chain letter-type thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did Eric do this?   Why did Eric do this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did Eric do this?
Page 1 of 1